Our sister GOT ATTACKED

Status
Not open for further replies.

helpinghumanity

Assalaamu alaykum

Hadir, a Muslim sister who goes to CUNY City College was attacked on the D train Tuesday night (Feb 22). A large African-American man came up to her from the back of the train and started to punch her nonstop as she sat in her seat traumatized. She was bleeding profusely and he kept punching her. No one did anything. I am in shock that no one stepped up to defend this poor girl. She explained that the man was very large and strong (she said she never knew anyone who had such powerful hands). He looked very scary so people were afraid and just watched silently! The man was spewing hate words against Muslims and Islam

After Hadir came out on the platform bleeding and crying, a woman saw her and called the police who took 10 minutes to come, then they took her to the ER. She came out of the hospital after 2 days, she had many bruises and an almost broken nose. Alhamdulillah she is fine but naturally extremely shaken emotionally and psychologically by what happened. She is also in physical pain. She is very afraid of going back on the train as anyone of us would be in her shoes. She is asking everyone to make du’aa that her attacker gets caught. One witness took a video of the man but it was after the attack. They do know what he looks like though, alhamdulillah.

May Allah bring Hadir’s attacker to justice and punish him severely for what he did. Please make du’aa for our dear sister Hadir to be strong and patient. If you know of anything else we can do (one recent suggestion was to report this to CAIR), please let me know. This is the second time this happened to her, may Allah reward her tremendously and grant her Jannah for sacrificing so much for Islam. Even though Allah tested her with these trials, she never took off her hijab, she never backed down of being a Muslim. May Allah grant her a huge reward, aameen.

Please spread the word about this story and do whatever you can to protect your sisters in Islam to prevent similar situations from happening. The Prophet (may Allah’s peace and blessings be upon him) assembled the entire Muslim army in defense of one Muslim woman, whose awrah was revealed by the Jews of Banu Qinqa’. That is how much the Prophet (PBUH) cared about the honor of Muslim women. And furthermore, he (PBUH) said: “The Muslim Ummah is a unique ummah among the whole of mankind: Their land is one, their war is one, their peace is one, their honor is one, and their trust is one.” (Ahmad)

Laa ilaaha il Allah, is there any hadith more relevant to how we should respond to all that is happening in today’s world, with all these attacks on innocent Muslims? May Allah be with all the oppressed and bring justice to the oppressors. Aameen.

Source:http://mendmyheart.tumblr.com/post/3516595325/oursisterhadir

NOTE: I WILL TRY MY BEST TO FORWARD YOUR CONDOLENCES TO THAT SISTER

FreedomFighter

:wasalam:

Oh!! That's extremely bad, may Allah punish this man real bad, or guide him, but he did something so bad so may he be dealt with. Poor sister, had to go through this :(

See we're not really safe because of some haters..

Ahsen

I will pray that she gets well soon and her attacker is brought to justice.We all will pray inshallah.

mabera

Assalamu alaikum

Subhaanallah, Its sad to hear that, may Almighty Allah come to her aid and expose this man.

lifeisislam

in lillahi wa inna ilahi rajiun (Surely we belong to Allah and to Him shall we return'.") its so really sad to hear such incident and at the same time it make u angry that wish u were there to help that sis ,

may allah swt help her and make things easy for her ameen

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
:salam2:
I'm really sorry for thar sister.I hope she will get better.How could she be alone?I could never go alone.:shymuslima1:

Abu Ameerah

May Allah make her stronger in her FAITH and grant her Jannahtul Firdaus for her Patiences and scacrifice. Also, may Allah punish the attacker.

myAllahguideme

Subxanallah!! i cant imagen this poor sisterz pain, my Allah protect all the sisters form suck a hate crime..sister is in my dua. i hope she get well soon..and that haterz gets cought!!!!

auroran

May the attacker be humiliated and punished and may our sister have a higher rank. Ameen.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

I find this story to be very difficult to swallow. I checked your link and it is the same as the posting. There is no police sheet. I really find it so racist in nature. A large black man for no reason attacks a woman on the subway.

Before we ask for sympathy let us get some facts.

I have so much difficulty with this. This is an example of racism in America. When immigrants come into the States and assume the prejudice of those in charge it upsets me.

We have to have facts and a posting on facebook with emotionally charge descriptors does not serve justice.

JenGiove

There are not enough words in the English language to describe my outrage! The fact that this has happened TWICE!!!!!!! what's that word I've seen you use? Ast****? How aweful!

May Allah deliver to this sinner all the justice by which he judged others...in the exact same manner.

Kakorot

May Allaah make things easy for the sister and bring the oppressor to account, ameen.

Aapa, brother helpinghumanity said he'll try his best to send our condolences to the sister, which shows he may know the sister.

helpinghumanity

Assalaam walaikum,

I find this story to be very difficult to swallow. I checked your link and it is the same as the posting. There is no police sheet. I really find it so racist in nature. A large black man for no reason attacks a woman on the subway.

Before we ask for sympathy let us get some facts.

I have so much difficulty with this. This is an example of racism in America. When immigrants come into the States and assume the prejudice of those in charge it upsets me.

We have to have facts and a posting on facebook with emotionally charge descriptors does not serve justice.

Wa-alaikumus salam wa rahmatullah sister Aapa.

She is a sister from MY COLLEGE. I personally don't know her or may be I know her by face. There are so many Hadir in the Women In Islam club (Under the umbrella of Muslim Student Organization).

Before posting this thread on TTI, i verified the information by talking or chatting online with sisters from WII. A number of brothers from MSO also confirmed it. This news is now spread all over the MSO and WII. May be I can't provide you with a NYTIMES article or FOX NEWS HEADLINE "A muslim women got attacked."

The president of MSO became aware of it yesterday. Me and the president both had long discussion yesterday on what to do. If you guys can advice us I'll appreciate that.

A few member have said why she was traveling alone. Traveling alone is a normal routine but now I think we are thinking about traveling in group. After 7pm, a brother group followed by sisters group after every hour.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaaam walaikum,

I am not assuming anything. But this is blatant racism. I am simply asking for facts before we become emotional.

Show us an article with facts. This is very wrong and if we do not have facts we fall into the error of being racist.

My question is what on earth was going on; was it a robbery?

Brother please give us more facts.

This is the sort of item which brings us to be hated, too. If she was attacked from behind how did she know it was a big black man. Even white Americans know better, now.

Muslims do not fall into the color trap; fair would be to not use the color of the mans skin. I see this all the time. Why not use the word kuffir. If it had been a big white man would those words be used?

Do not fall on the sympathy train without facts. Do not fall into the trap of the US and blame everything on a Black man.

Brother, this is a serious accusation. We need to be very clear that is was unprovoked. What did the police say? Why she treated at a hospital. Was the man arrested? Who were the witnesses to this attack? When is the court date? A large man attacking a woman can cause serious injuries. People will intervene unless it is a case of domestic violence. In that case no-one comes near.

I am just trying to be very objective and simply cautioning others on being objective. Something does not make sense. If it was a robbery give the man everything..but this was assault. It can be a felony. This is serious stuff. It can take a man into the penal system for a very long time.

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah

Aapa, where will Brother helpinghumanity find an article on this? Not all stories are in the media, this is a personal story spread through word of mouth - not everything gets media coverage. I don't see why the sister who was attacked would lie or anything, given that she is not gaining anything out of it - she told us how it was. What more facts do we need?

May Allah help the sister and give her sabr and courage to get through this.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Sister..I am not doubting anyone. However, the accusation is very serious. It can be construed as malicious wounding. If this attack happened in a public area it also places the transit authority at risk.

In that case it is necessary to work with the authorities. Word of mouth is not going to solve the problem. At least look at the hospital report. What were the nature of the injuries.

Furthermore, the accusation is inflammatory. What we are getting is a woman was attacked on a subway with no intervention in public. The attack was not of a sexual nature. It was unprovoked.

Why add flame to the racism that exists here. Why use the words big black man. I thought we were done with Jim Crow here.

I, for one, in the minority, find the use of the words describing the attacker as very offensive. This is so sad. And not one item of proof. Why incite racism. If this is a case of assault call it that.

Who in the Muslim community is going to apologize to the Black community, which brought Islam to the US, and state we are not racists.

I pray the sister is fine. I pray someone talks to her about reporting this to the authorities. Something does not make sense. We can not cry wolf.

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
^ Aapa, You say to use the word 'kaafir' instead but if we want to be that picky then one could quite legitimately say how on earth do you know this man was a non-muslim, when thats harder fact to confirm than using the skin colour which is apparent automatically (ofcourse its hard to believe a Muslim would do such a thing, granted).

Also if the authorities stand a chance of finding the attacker its way more useful to know the skin colour rather than his assumed religious leanings, Im sure you would agree.

I think this level of sensitivity in just describing something as inherent as skin colour is unnecessary.

My question is what on earth was going on; was it a robbery?
Just an anti-Muslim attack it seems.

May Allaah have mercy on the sister, Ameen.

Wa-salaam

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
To HelpingHumanity: Akhi I need her contact info ASAP! If you could PM it to me, it would be great. I went to Hunter and so she may not be too far from me.

I'm also currently implementing my organization's public awareness campaign on hate crimes against Muslim youth in NYC and I can get her to the right resources inshAllah because I assure you, this will MOST DEFINITELY be classified as a hate crime once the NYPD Hate Crimes Taskforce gets a hold of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.