Question for REVERTS ONLY.......

Isra

aka Tree2008
As salamo alaikome........

I have to find out if its just me!!!! I feel like Im going crazy!!!! Ever since I officially became a Muslim (took my shahada) my entire life has been turned upside down. I feel like there has been one obstacle after another to over come and I dont understand why?????? I feel like there is more drama in my life than EVER before. All the while I am trying my best to get closer and closer to allah but it seems to me like I keep getting pushed farther and farther away.

I dont know if its just me but I would really like to hear if any of the other reverts are having this same feeling happening to them??? At first I thought maybe it was just my own bad luck but WOW it just keeps happening. Everytime I pray to Allah and the problem is fixed but then one or two days later there is another problem even bigger than the first one. Am I imagining this??? Is it just coincidence???? Maybe Im just whining and need to suck it up and get stronger. Please share if this is happening to other reverts then maybe I wont feel so bad.

Asiya-sparkles

I have to find out if its just me!!!! I feel like Im going crazy!!!! Ever since I officially became a Muslim (took my shahada) my entire life has been turned upside down. I feel like there has been one obstacle after another to over come and I dont understand why?????? I feel like there is more drama in my life than EVER before. All the while I am trying my best to get closer and closer to allah but it seems to me like I keep getting pushed farther and farther away.

I dont know if its just me but I would really like to hear if any of the other reverts are having this same feeling happening to them??? At first I thought maybe it was just my own bad luck but WOW it just keeps happening. Everytime I pray to Allah and the problem is fixed but then one or two days later there is another problem even bigger than the first one. Am I imagining this??? Is it just coincidence???? Maybe Im just whining and need to suck it up and get stronger. Please share if this is happening to other reverts then maybe I wont feel so bad.

walaykom salam wa rahmat Allah wa burrahktohu,

Do you know the hadith that reminds us that for a muslim everything is good in life? Well, when you have submitted to Allah you will be tested (Quranic verses tell you, do you think that just because you have said you believe you wont be tested?) More thaqn this though, it is apparently common for a revert to endure harsher trials than born muslims, they can be great but are a gift from Allah, because when we are afflicted we turn to Allah for help, we make du'a, we strive to please Him...and that is our purpose in life!

If Allah desires good for someone, then He will afflict them with great trials, great tests that strength of Iman will take us through, teach us about ourselves and help us to cleanse ourselves of sins, elevate our sense of purpose (know that nothing can afflict you save what Allah wills) and He loves us to call upon Him, ask and He will help you through your trials.

I have undergone trials that have shaken me deeply, but Alhamdulillah, they have been a blessing in many ways from Allah subhana wa t'ala. Trust Him sister, He will never let you down. I honestly belive one purpose of trials is to decrease our attachment to the dunya (this temporary life)

May Allah grant you success in this life by clinging to Him throughout your trials (and yes, they will go on throughout your life) and by granting you a high level of paradise. Ameen

cookiedough-123

SALAM ALIKUM

i have a answer and a gd one too
im goin though the same thing

hardship becomes ease. remember this
DONT BE SATANS FOOL AND GO BK TO THE LIFE SATAN WILL WIN AND WE DONT WANT THAT. U ARE TOUGH AND STRONG HOLD ON AND INSHALLAH THINGS WILL BECOME AT EASE

ALLAH is testing ur patience.

another thing satan is trying to get u out as soon as possible he wants to give u weakness so u can go bk to the wrong path. satan knows u are new to islam . and he will do anything to get u out of it. like u say when u pray everything is ok and then a few days later it goes bad again. who sed it would be perfect nothing is. ive had to battle the wispers of satan for months and at one point i felt like i wanted to turn bk but alhumduALLAH. i kept prayin and praying.

if u can get a quran cd and play it in ur room ur mind will become clear or of course read the surah cow it takes the evil away. rememberance of ALLAH is important. and if u know that he is watchin u and understands u the satan will go away.

even as a revert of course i still sin we are not made perfect born muslim or revert, ALLAH has made us this way. and cause ur new ALLAH knows u are trying ur best but hardship becomes ease. and he knews that u are still learnign every day what to do in islam, just keep thinkin this everytime something happens. pray some odd prayers every now and again. spend more dua for ALLAH in prayer. he is surely by ur side and in ur heart.
i also aware that ALLAH loves knows who gives hardship to and that if u keep to him the love of him to u GROWS.

another thing the haram things are so easy to do but the good things are hard its a challenge and we will see on the day of judgement how are work on this earth paid of. the best pay slip is the entrance to jannah . INSHALLAH FOR ALLAH fearing muslims and work hard for the plessure of ALLAH we will see jannah INSHALLAH ..

LOVE U SIS AND I WILL MAKE DUA FOR U

LOVE SISTER KHADIJAH:tti_sister:

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
:salam2::hearts::hearts: dear sister:D:D:D

First of all......biggest tightest squeeezessstt hug!!!

here are some videos I wanna share with you, to give you hope, and a way to move further for I know and you know that Allah is there for you!!!

I am not a revert and if I say *I know what you are going through* I would be laying because I have no idea what your problems or tests are.......But I want to tell you that, our lives in this earth is short and we're FOREVER tested!! Allah loves you sister, that's why He keeps testing you!!! subhanaAllah.....doesn't that give you hope??? may Allah make it easy for you, you are forever in my duas

[yt]UfJNLdOWcIQ[/yt]

[yt]48KOjsZwKso&feature[/yt]

Remember this amaazing day!!! inshaAllah you'll forget the difficulties when you think about the day you'll be able to look at the creator's face!!! subhaAllah!

[yt]dlPcPUB9F9E&feature[/yt]

Dua to read when you are facing hardships!!

Allah be with you dear sister.....you're in my duas

Fatima S.Ar

Happiness = Islam

wa alaikom assalam
Peace be upon you my sister :)

I'm not revert but I wanna answer you

as much as u suffer = as much as ur sins are deleted

Allah is testing you , He is testing your faith ist strong or week ..
he gives you lessons in patience to make u stronger and stronger

so that , be Patient my dear , and always know that
( Allah is with you , he will never leave you alone )

Trust in Allah ..

May Allah bless you , honey sister

shasha

Muslimah

Asalaam alaykum. :hijabi:

Fellow convert here (converted 3 months ago)! I went through the same thing. And, I'm still going through some struggle until now. That's the way it is for most converts. Islam changes everything and the final outcome is what Allah subhana wa taala wants for you. And, Allah knows best. It may be dramatic and totally life altering, but, it's definitely worth it. If you converted and didn't notice any change, what's the point? Right? Or if you went through all these like a breeze, you might not see the worth of your conversion.

I remember what one speaker said about hardships that converts go through. He said that after going through all those obstacles, you'll feel closer to Allah subhana wa taala coz you will feel as if you have proven to yourself that you truly want this. The speaker also stressed that this could be a test for us converts to see who are the people who believe and who are the people who believe only when times are good. The things that you work hard for are the things you will love and cherish the most. Imagine this: Which would you treasure more? A car that you won from some raffle without even breaking a sweat or a car that you worked so very hard for? :) InshaAllah after all these trials, sister, your iman will become so much stronger.

May Allah subhana wa taala continue to bless and guide us all.

Feel free to send me a PM if you have more questions and want a convert's point of view. :hearts:

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
Sister,

I'm a revert like you and togther my wife reverted and hearing the news my younger brother reverted too. Unfortunately my another brother yet to do so though I've told him what I need to. May Allah guides him. Ameen.

In our early days as Muslims me and my wife went through horror, our lives was at stake and we have to abandon our own house and seek hiding at a secret location for 2 years. To add more pressure, I faced with severe financial crisis (you know I've to pay rent for where we are hiding and also own house which was under mortgage). My relative began to blame my situation with Islam. Just like you I was thinking why my life turned upside down now? Alhamdulillah. Only two years we suffered. I was lucky my muslim friends already warned me early I will be tested and told me be patient.

I realised the reason Allah tested and still testing me to let me know what is my strength. Without being tested you will never know what is your strength and weakness.

Allah said in the Qur'an:

Do people think that they will be left alone because they say: "We believe," and will not be tested. Holy Qur'an 29:2

And We indeed tested those who were before them. And Allah will certainly make (it) known (the truth of) those who are true, and will certainly make (it) known (the falsehood of) those who are liars, (although Allah knows all that before putting them to test).
Holy Qur'an 29:3

This test also will ensure we embraced Islam with right intention not otherwise.

Allahu'alam.

Isra

aka Tree2008
As salamo alaikome...

Jazakallah my fellow revert brothers and sisters. I am so happy that I am not the only one and you all confirmed this IS because I am being tested. Really I thought I must be going insane or something!!! Im happy to hear that I am not insane and I just need to stay strong and keep my Iman strong to get through this.

I know if it is Allah testing me I will get through it because I believe he will never give me more than I can take. I need the quiet patience right now and I will be fine. I can do this because Allah will never make me suffer more than I need to.

Fatima S.Ar

Happiness = Islam
As salamo alaikome...

Jazakallah my fellow revert brothers and sisters. I am so happy that I am not the only one and you all confirmed this IS because I am being tested. Really I thought I must be going insane or something!!! Im happy to hear that I am not insane and I just need to stay strong and keep my Iman strong to get through this.

I know if it is Allah testing me I will get through it because I believe he will never give me more than I can take. I need the quiet patience right now and I will be fine. I can do this because Allah will never make me suffer more than I need to.

Exactly !!
good girl Ma sha'a Allah :)
Do your best and I will pray for u in sha'a Allah

May Allah bless you ..

DanyalSAC

Asalaamu alaikum and no, you are not alone. I reverted in December of 2008 and since then I've felt the same way, like I was cursed. I was told that Allah only tests those that He loves. Well, He must REALLY love me then! I've prayed for a job closer to my house because I commuted about 70 miles each way but His answer for me was for my company to move an addtional 20 miles away. I prayed that I can become more financially stable so that I can afford to start a family and (within rapid succession) both of my fences in the back yard collapsed, my car got involved in a hit and run, and I suddenly got hit with a bad case of diabetes and missed 5 days of work that I didn't get paid for, putting me in such financial straights that I had to borrow money from my friends and family just so I can get gas to make that 90 mile commute.

Those are not me complaining, mind... those are me making a statement. Though I thank Allah every day for the fact I DO have a house and I DO have a full time job, I can honestly say that I am very much afraid one of those will be taken from me because that is how strongly I feel He is testing me. I have one other jihad that I won't discuss on this message board that I've laid before Him... we will have to see how that pans out though.

But in my soul I have found a peace that I've never had as a Catholic. My prayers I feel are heard (though maybe not yet answered). When I'm in sujood I can feel His attention on me. I remember reading once (perhaps even on this board) about a man who lamented that his prayers weren't answered, so he searched to find out what it was that HE was doing wrong. I have recently cut music out of my life - though I do catch myself singing along sometimes to music in a grocery store or mall. I've learned to stop back biting, to stop gossip, and am learning (slowly slowly!) to NOT get angry at other drivers while I'm on that horrible commute. Maybe when I reach that point I can be as happy and content as the brothers in my circle of friends!!

Peace2u

Turn To Islam
Salam alai kum

We must remember the types of tests that the Prophets endured and remember these are the Prophets of Allah (SWT). No one has been tested more so then them. Secondly the companions were put under unbearable forms of torture, but they continued to resist and persist without any compromise. What are the major factors behind such unmatched persistence that the companions of the prophet (saw) were known for in history? Some of these factors include:

1) their unshakable belief in Allah (swt)

2) their wholehearted love for the Prophet (saw)

3) their clear sense of responsibility

4) their unwavering belief in the akirah

5) the Quran being freshly revealed, and

6) the good tidings of success that they received from Allah (swt).

When the sahabat said the shahadah they really meant it from their hearts and their belief in Allah (swt) and His Messenger (saw) was unshakable. They understood the immense power of their Creator, and their understanding of His Attributes was firmly engraved within.

One story that I will always turn to in times of distress or any kind of hardship is that of Prophet Ayub (PBUH) which for those of you who are not familiar with can read all about here.

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16107

May Allah keep us all steadfast upon the deen.

Peace2u

Isra

aka Tree2008
Asalaamu alaikum and no, you are not alone. I reverted in December of 2008 and since then I've felt the same way, like I was cursed. I was told that Allah only tests those that He loves. Well, He must REALLY love me then! I've prayed for a job closer to my house because I commuted about 70 miles each way but His answer for me was for my company to move an addtional 20 miles away. I prayed that I can become more financially stable so that I can afford to start a family and (within rapid succession) both of my fences in the back yard collapsed, my car got involved in a hit and run, and I suddenly got hit with a bad case of diabetes and missed 5 days of work that I didn't get paid for, putting me in such financial straights that I had to borrow money from my friends and family just so I can get gas to make that 90 mile commute.

Those are not me complaining, mind... those are me making a statement. Though I thank Allah every day for the fact I DO have a house and I DO have a full time job, I can honestly say that I am very much afraid one of those will be taken from me because that is how strongly I feel He is testing me. I have one other jihad that I won't discuss on this message board that I've laid before Him... we will have to see how that pans out though.

But in my soul I have found a peace that I've never had as a Catholic. My prayers I feel are heard (though maybe not yet answered). When I'm in sujood I can feel His attention on me. I remember reading once (perhaps even on this board) about a man who lamented that his prayers weren't answered, so he searched to find out what it was that HE was doing wrong. I have recently cut music out of my life - though I do catch myself singing along sometimes to music in a grocery store or mall. I've learned to stop back biting, to stop gossip, and am learning (slowly slowly!) to NOT get angry at other drivers while I'm on that horrible commute. Maybe when I reach that point I can be as happy and content as the brothers in my circle of friends!!

Wa alaikom Salam.....

HAHAHAHA I must say I was cracking up throughout reading this post of yours. Believe me I was NOT laughing at your unfortunate "luck" but instead I laughed because what has happened to you is EXACTLY what I was referring to. EVERYTHING you pray for it seems Allah gave you just the complete opposite which is EXACTLY what seems to be happening to me.

Your post has been the most similar to what I have discovered is happening to me. I have to say though that most of the advice given in this thread has really helped me. I feel much more calm about what I am going through after reading the comments posted in this thread. Jazakallah to EVERYONE who has posted here. You are all so wonderful and I pray Allah reward you.

I know whenever my iman is low I just need to post a thread at TTI and all the wonderful brothers and sisters here will keep me strong. :tti_sister:

Safiyah_

MashaAllah thank you sooo much for this question.
I think all the reverts strugle with this problem =S

Anywayy I know that we will be test by Allah and i reverted almost 1 month ago but i'm not good in the test I think i'm too weak. InshaAllah during Ramadan i'll do my best to be a good sister =)
Another tip is.. don't try to go too fast.. then u won't be able to keep up. Do everything step by step.. =)
But show ur faith in Allah swt.

xx

Asiya-sparkles

Assalamu alaikom wa rahmat Allahi wa burrahktohu brothers and sisters,

Ma'shAllah! Reading this thread is a really nice way of feeling ok with the tests and a sense of unity with each other, lol, du'as being answered with the opposite of requests!!! (that appears to be quite normal!) :D I think if we want something bad enough...we will not give up asking, and i read a beautiful reminder somewhere that when it seems we aren't being answered (such as opposites) we are being blessed in fact with the very best blessing of all, because Allah is with the one who is in supplication to Him and with the oppressed etceteras. So yes, we should always take heart that when we are struggling the most, feel broken and afflicted the most, then, we really are being blessed with the mercy and company of the most perfect Creator, that in fact is the most tremendous gift of all!
Love you for the sake of Allah, thanks for sharing :)

m1511

Hello sister,
ı agree with all of my friends. To sum up everybody on earth will be tested by Allah, some may escape back to the easy way some have the wisdom to stand against the difficulties in the way they believe its right. I am not a convert but I wanted to contribute because I partly feel the difficulty of practicing ıslam in a Muslim country which is affected by western lifestyle. And ı understand how weak I notice that ı am even afraiid of little -in family- quarrel about this subject. Sometimes ı think of Bilal who had nothing, no power no money no freedom but insisted on saying allah is one even if he knew he would be killed in a very painful way by his owner he maybe even was unaware of the paradise and rewards given to people who die in the way of Allah. But he insistedly said and said Allah is one.
Anyway we shouldn't miss one thing. You may not be aware of it but you have already won the battle. you did a great job sister. You dared to ask questions about life which is actually practiced quite normally by others, you are not satisfied with the routine answers you found and you were strong enough to search another way and so strong to make your route to a road which is very negatively evaluated by many others. Look at yourself for once please you did a great job sister! You have already won. You are in a much better situation than many others maybe including me a muslim born in a muslim country. so Allah certainly is helping you.
one final suggestion. Mohammed Ikbal says "my father told me to read to Quran as if it is sent directly to you" I try to do this and it works well. Please keep in touch with the community here. They are very valuable people each. I congratulate you once again. I will pray for you.

AyeshaL

Assalaamu Alaikum everyone :)

Finally someone has voiced what I've been thinking for ages!!! I must admit there have been occassions where I've been so bewildered as to why these things keep happening. I reverted in April 2008 and since then it's been a rollercoaster. I've felt better than I've ever felt and worse than I've ever felt! As well as the normal adjustments a revert faces, things just kept going wrong!! And the worst bit is that your non Muslim family and friends are watching you go through it and blame it on Islam! And as much as you know its not Islam's fault, because Islam is perfect, you know it looks like that!

I have found myself on the prayer mat in tears so many times, gone to sleep sobbing 'Allahu Akbar' into my pillow...and yes, through those heart-wrenching times I did become stronger in my faith - alhamdulilla. When you get to the point when you think that Allah is all you have and you are truely grateful for the things he has allowed you to keep...I think it's life changing - inshaAllah. I think it's important to remember that sometimes the things we pray for aren't the things which are best for us. Allah always listens and answers - it's just sometimes the answer is 'no'.

I've got to the point now where I don't really know who I am but I know one thing - I am a Muslim :) Alhamdullila. And that will have to be enough for now ;)

One extra point I wanted to make is that when we go through trials, we are very quick to say 'have patience' etc but something I realised that changed my direction was that you have to make steps towards changing your circumstances too. Also remember that as Muslims we also believe in justice and fair treatment of people. It is a balance but we MUST remember that we deserve to be just and fair to ourselves.

Anyway - hope this helps someone inshaAllah and thank you for confirming that this is normal!!!

Wasalaam

AleahKoto

Allah will decide
It's Normal

Shaytan doesn't like you to be a Muslim. He will hurl everything he can at you. Allah allows this as a test......each time something happens, realize you are on the right path, cos Shaytan doesn't care about those who aren't, and Allah tests those who are.

Isra

aka Tree2008
As salamo alaikome....

Jazakallah khairan to all who answered. I had a sneaking feeling that I wasnt alone with this happening to me. I felt it was a test because the entire time I was in darkness my life was pretty quiet.....Im not saying it was good but there was alot less drama than I have noticed lately!!! Allahu Akbar my creator can test me anytime because I am at his service.

Isra*