Question for time of Sehri!

alf2

Islam is a way of life
I know, this seems like such a remedial question. You see, last year was my first Ramadan, and I didnt know how to properly do it. I fasted before Sunrise, then Fajr. I didnt know specifics.

THIS YEAR, I want to do Ramadan right.

How do I find out the latest time for Sehri? I live in Georiga, USA.
The sun rises on an average of 6:55am

Waseem203

Young Muslim
The latest time for Suhor is the same for fajr. When does the fajr prayer happen for you guys over there? For us it's at about 4 52, so we stop eating at about 4 50.

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
Salaamalaykum sister alf2,

You can eat your predawn meal right up until it is time for call to prayer (adhaan) for Fajr prayer. It is NOT Fajr Iqama and also NOT Sunrise.

(Iqama is the time when the people pray in congregation at the mosque or a prayer hall. This time is after the Adhaan.)

Please go here :- http://www.islamicfinder.org/cityPrayerNew.php?country=usa

Enter the name of your city & look at the time for Fajr Adhaan. You can not drink or eat beyond this time. You should complete your meal and drink and rinse you mouth clean before this time.

Also these times change from day to day by a minute or two. So make sure you either save the entire month's schedule on your PC or print it out, so that you have it handy everyday, sister.

PS .. It says 5:43 am for Fajr Adhaan in Atlanta Georgia for Today 11th August. Maghrib it says 8:29 pm. That's when you break your fast, sister.

The site seems to have problems loading. Perhaps due to high traffic. InshaAllah it works for you.

Please keep asking any questions, confusions, doubts etc etc.

Wasalaamalaykum waa rahmatullahi

alf2

Islam is a way of life
:wasalam:

Hopefully it works for sister alf, so that she can note the times down for everyday InshaAllah

Salaam brother,

Jazakallha khair for that site, i forgot the name and could not find it. As I feared, this morning my fast was late...:girl3: But thankfully now I know better and will do it correctly the rest of the month.

Ramadan Mubarak to everyone, this is our month, may we all use it wisely.

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
Salaam brother,

Jazakallha khair for that site, i forgot the name and could not find it. As I feared, this morning my fast was late...:girl3: But thankfully now I know better and will do it correctly the rest of the month.

Ramadan Mubarak to everyone, this is our month, may we all use it wisely.

:wasalam: sister,

I hope you saved the schedule for the entire month as the site is acting funny.

There is also http://waqt.org/ , but you can only view the prayer times for the same day, which is not that helpful.

Ramadan Mubarak to you as well.

Please remember your brothers and sisters on TTI in your supplications.. BarakAllahu Feeki..

Wasalaamalaykum waa rahmatullahi