Questions about enemies

Ladybug3478

Salam :),

There is a popular saying in the West...'Keep your friends close but, your enemies closer'. Being that I shouldn't just trust anything someone says...I'd like to ask if the Quran has anything similar to this? Or what might the Quran say about this? Thanks.

Regards

Ladybug3478

salam alaykum sister.

as a muslims we are commended to be kind eache one to another . but we should not to take the enemy of Allah taala as our allies. the believers are the allies of each others . and the desbelievres who fight Allah taala and his messenger salla Allah alayhi wa sallam are our enemy . they want us to desbelieve in Allah taala and his prophets and they fight us by all of weapons .
there's many enemies , those who fight us , and those who don't fight us.
those who fight us , we must fight them , and those who do not fight us we must leave them in peace .
we must be kind we those who are kind to us , and be rud with those who are fighting us . and Allah taala know best .

if it wrong it's from me and satan , and if it's true it's from the guidance of Allah taala.

Salam,

And, thank you for responding.

Nurain

Salam sis,

This be not from the Qur'an, but it sure popped in my head when I read your thread.

Have love for your friend unto a limit for it is possible he may turn into your enemy some day; and hate your enemy unto a limit for it is possible he may turn into your friend some day.
Saying of Saiyidina `Ali ibn Abi Talib (ra) in NB-551 no. 263

Not much of a help there. :)

Ladybug3478

Salam sis,

This be not from the Qur'an, but it sure popped in my head when I read your thread.

Have love for your friend unto a limit for it is possible he may turn into your enemy some day; and hate your enemy unto a limit for it is possible he may turn into your friend some day.

Salam Brother :),

That was very beautiful.

Ladybug3478

Abdalilah is correct. The Quran makes it clear who our enemies are: "God does not forbid ye those who did not fight ye in the religion and did not expel ye from your homes that ye be good to them and be fair with them; God loves the fair. God only forbids ye those who fight ye in the religion, expel ye from your homes or aid those who do that ye ally with them; those who ally with them are the wrong doers." (60:8-9)

Am I misunderstanding...God does not forbide ye. And, also how do you know if you're thought of as an outsider but, some are only being kind because you did not fight? Please let me know if I did not explain this clearly as I will be happy to attempt to clarify.

Regards

islamisthesolution

Salam sis,

:salam2:

that is really beautiful dear sister

and its really dangerous when a friend turns to an enemy yet wonderful when an an enemy turns to a friend .

jazaki Allahu khyran for sharing this

Ladybug3478

That's a cynical interpretation. The verse answers the question: Are Muslims allowed to deal normally with non-Muslims? God says: Sure, unless they fight you, drive you from your homes or aid those who do, in which case Muslims are forbidden to ally with them even if they think they can protect them. They won't.

In other words, the norm is cordial relationship, but such normal relationship with non-Muslims does not continue after hostile action from them. It must immediately terminate as they are now the enemy.

Hope this makes it clearer.

Sorry, I did not mean to be cynical. I saw the word 'not' and wanted to make sure or see if the Shaytan was messing with the sentence (or maybe it was just a mistake and maybe I read too much into it). I did read the complete sentence and did come to the idea that everyone should be fair. Just wanted to make sure. So sorry to everyone!

Thanks

Nurain

Salam sis,

Your question here - does it have any pertinence to Jihad you mean? Just would like to be specific. Jihad - when to and when not to fight the kufr.

Thanks.

Idris16

It seems like it is a shi'ah hadith!
Allah forgive me if I'm wrong Amiiiiiiin

precious_islam

enemies

ASLAM ALYKUM...!

i dnt hav much enemies, but even though i hav some >i try not to think about about them too much bcoz everytime i think about them i only thiink about the bad things they did and do bcoz they never do gd anit so if i dnt think about them then i want think about how much i hate em anit>>
there is always a reason for why you hate someone and if you dnt then thats jus stupid..>> i try not have too much anmies coz hating them enit really gonna help>...>we should never hate our muslim ummah >>>but my massage from me to you for now is ....YOU SHOULD ALWAYS KEEP THE ONE YOU HATE CLOSER TO YOUR HEART THE THE ONE YOU LOVE!!...

walaykum salam!!

Ladybug3478

Salam sis,

Your question here - does it have any pertinence to Jihad you mean? Just would like to be specific. Jihad - when to and when not to fight the kufr.

Thanks.

Salam Sister,

No, it didn't necessarily have to do with Jihad. It had to do with trusting. How can you tell when someone is true or when they are only acting and causing confusion. But, I think it is sometimes obvious despite the fact that we try to make excuses for them because of what we want opposed to what is good for us. Hope I answered your question. Does this make sense? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks

Ladybug3478

Salem,

Okay, thanks. I will attempt to look up hypocrisy (Nifaaq) & (Al-Baraa'a Al-Asliyya) principle of original innocence.

Thanks

Isra

aka Tree2008
That's the problem with hypocrisy (Nifaaq). The prophet, peace be upon him knew every last one of the hypocrites but he never named them! A fundamental principle in Islamic law is the principle of original innocence (Al-Baraa'a Al-Asliyya). This principle states that everything in Islam is allowed unless proven not, every place is clean unless proven not and every person is innocent until proven not. We are not allowed to assume guilt or ill will of anybody until they manifest it with words or action. When judging between people, some of whom may be putting on an act, the prophet (pbuh) said, "I was commanded to judge [in disputes] by what is said. Intentions are God's domain."

As Salamo Alaikome....

Brother Ayman this what you posted here makes so much sense to me it was actually scary when I read it. Being new in Islam this is the first time I have heard of this yet it is something I have tried to live my life by even before I ever heard of Islam. This has been happening to me alot since I have begun to learn about Islam......so many things in Islam have already lived in my heart before I even knew anything about Islam. I have thought this is one of the biggest reasons it was so easy for me to accept Islam teachings and way of life because I already believed it before I even knew about it if that makes any sense.

Nurain

-

It seems like it is a shi'ah hadith!
Allah forgive me if I'm wrong Amiiiiiiin

Salam, if it is a shi'a believe.. so?

I mean, if it's the authenticity that you challenge here, see, do give us the prove. I would appreciate it a lot, really and so will everyone here benefit. Lets not just because it is the saying of Saiyidina 'Ali our mind immediately revert to "SHIAA!!!!!" Please. Have some faith.

I suggest you not make sweeping statements like that.

:astag:

Nurain

As Salamo Alaikome....

Brother Ayman this what you posted here makes so much sense to me it was actually scary when I read it. Being new in Islam this is the first time I have heard of this yet it is something I have tried to live my life by even before I ever heard of Islam. This has been happening to me alot since I have begun to learn about Islam......so many things in Islam have already lived in my heart before I even knew anything about Islam. I have thought this is one of the biggest reasons it was so easy for me to accept Islam teachings and way of life because I already believed it before I even knew about it if that makes any sense.

Salam,

Ma sha Allaah wonderful. What are some of the things that you have already been doing the islamic way, if I might ask?

Sometimes, I see non-Muslims doing things which are sunnah and I just feel so light and happy about it. Goes to show Islam is a TOTAL way of life! Yikes! Even non-Muslims are doing these things without knowing it is a sunnah of Prophet salallahu 'alayhi wasallam. How awesome. :ma:

Usama ibn Zayd killed an idolater in battle after the latter had said: "There is no god but Allah" (la ilaha illallah). When news of this reached Allah's Messenger he condemned Usama in the strongest terms and he said to him: "How can you kill him after he said La ilaha illallah?" He replied: "But he said it with the sword hanging over his head-"
The Prophet said again: "How can you kill him after he said La ilaha illallah?" He replied: "O Messenger of Allah, he said it in dissimulation (taqiyyatan)."
The Prophet said: "Did you split his heart open (to see)?" and he did not cease to reprove him until Usama wished that he had not entered Islam until after he had killed that man so that he might have been forgiven all his past sins through belief. Narrated by Bukhari, Muslim, Ahmad, Tayalisi, Abu Dawud, Nasa'i, al-`Adni, Abu `Awana, al-Tahawi, al-Hakim, and Bayhaqi.

Ladybug3478

Salam Ayman1,

I believe there is a misunderstanding here. My original statement was “Being that I shouldn't just trust anything someone says...I'd like to ask if the Quran has anything similar to this? Or what might the Quran say about this?”. Now, there are many times, even on this website were it is said that people should always verify what is being said. So, what’s the difference. In addition, I asked what the Quran says about it.

Then you provided a verse that stated “The verse answers the question: Are Muslims allowed to deal normally with non-Muslims?” Not sure why you thought this was the question when this was not at all what I asked. In addition, I’ve been Muslim for a couple of days now. That is why I started saying Salam instead of my usual ‘Hello’.

Now as for calling my statement cynical…maybe you should not have assumed but, instead clarified were I was coming from in order to avoid misinterpretations.

Also, you provided the ‘Islamic law is the principle of original innocence (Al-Baraa'a Al-Asliyya)’. Where did I say that at first I didn’t trust the person. In fact, this is a real situation and in fact I trusted the person first and then caught them in a few lies. So, please if you are not sure what I’m saying…please ask me and I’ll be happy to verify.

So my question was about trusting…how to know? This was my attempt to try and avoid being hurt. I caught the person in lies but, still wanted to trust them even though it was obvious. I wanted guidance on the situation. Sorry, if I caused you any confusion or if you took any of my words as offensive. Hope this helps to clarify the situation.

Regards

BinteShafi

Left long ago
Asslam u alaikum sister,

Congratulations!!!!!! Subhan Allah ...while reading this thread...I was thinking...Ya Allah...when would she say her Shahada ...and then I cam across your statement that you have been Muslim for couple of days...Allah o Akbar....

Jazaki Allahu Khayra dear sister...I think you should start a thread to announce that becuase many people (like myself) would be waiting for this news (though I never expressed that wish)

I really want to celebrate this news :hearts: :hearts:

Verily my Lord understand best the mysteries of all that He plan to do, for verily He is full of knowledge and wisdom. O Creator of the heavens and the earth! You are our Protector in this world and in the Hereafter. Take our soul (at death) as one submitting to Thy will (as a Muslim), and unite us with the righteous." Ameen

Wa alaikum Salam,