RE: VeryConfused: A simple explanation: NO...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VeryConfused

I'd like to thank everyone who took time out to respond to my post last night. I remain confused and a little sad but I know when GOD sees it fit he will reveal to me HIS universal faith and fill my heart, mind, and sences with the truth of HIS true faith. I did forget to mention a few things last night in my post. I forgot to mention at one time when I was younger (years ago) I had sort of "informally" accept Islam. I did to proffess faith to GOD (or Islam) or The Prophet Muhammed (pbuh) but I did take part in prayers and attended mosque (but not formally recognized by this mosque or accepted formally). I initially "accepted" because of the way I felt hearing adahn, and quranic readings. I also loved the complete submission to GOD, I loved how people were so accepting and welcoming and saw this as a sign of truthfulness and faith. I also loved seeing American Women behave soo "un-Ho-like." I stopped attending and praying because I realized I didn't really know what I was worshipping, and to be honest in terms of prayers I didn't know what I was saying or how to say the prayers so I felt so bad I stopped dead. Since that time I have been actively studying all faiths to try and find and faith that matched my faith in GOD and how I saw GOD to be, so to those of you who suggested I didn't read Holy Quran, you are sadly mistaken. In fact I've read it twice just last year alone and have re-read it again recently (past month). I'd also like to point out I have NEVER read ANY reformist Islamic materials of anytype the things I sited in my letter can be found in Holy Quran, take your own advice and re-read Holy Quran yourself. To bring up the point of "missed prayer punishment" it was just one of many examples I took from Quran of the way Quran portrays GOD as Dr. Jeckle, and Mister Hyde. I believe most of Quran but GODS odd behavior portrayed in Quran leaves me to wonder that either GOD has a split personality or parts of Quran were changed along time ago by someone and no one realizes it (or wants to). Snake eating inards for missing prayer found at Rahman4.piczo.com/missingprayerpunishment, by the way I believe that if GOD writes something that direct, something such as that, that cannot be "taken a different way" or "mataphorically" then he doesn't want you to. I saw that someone said "Allah only punishes the ignorant" if you are correct (it says this in Quran) than GOD would basically burn you alive if you didn't know of him due to circumstances you couldn't control? Man, I'd hate to get in Allah's way when he sees a retarded guy. How understanding.... I also saw someone "slapped my wrist" for attacking Christians. Christians are evil and immoral, sorry the truth hurts... I have always had undying faith and belief in GOD and I know he has always been close to me physically and in my heart. Faith and Love in GOD I believe will conquere all and I know he has loved me more than I know for personal reasons you wouldn't believe. I believe something about Islam is distorted in some way but I believe my undying faith in GOD will someday make me worthy of his direction towards HIS faith which will only make me stronger in loving HIM. Thanks to you all but something doesn't fit....Salam..........................

VeryConfused

RE

I never insulted any member of TTI or Islam if you took it as such thats your perogative. I'm not here to insult, I was here to seek truth but apparently no one can explain my simple question so they bring up other topics to sway my thoughts, thats ok though. And that website is an Islamic website that I found a link for on this site, and those words are supposedly dictated by GOD through muhammed so I guess what your indirectly saying is that Muhammed was a Zionist? FYI, I also found this exact same article on several other Islamic websites so I guess their is a big zionist conspiracy against Islam on every level including through the world wide web. Don't let mistrust cloud your judgment please. Salam... :astag:

VeryConfused

RE

Also, like I intended to do with this post I'd like to THANK EVERYONE for their time as I already have (see above post) and send Salam to you all!

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
Allah (swt) says in The Qura'an:

"Your duty is only to convey in a clear way." [An-Nahl 82]

You asked

We answered..conveying the principles of our deen as Allah Commands..

We fulfilled our duty..with Allah being the Witness..and inshallah He (swt) accepts our intentions..

So what you decide to believe or disbelief *afterward* is *your* concern and *your* worry..this deen is clear and established and there's *no compulsion* in it..therefore..

"To you be your religion, and to me my religion." [Al-Kafiroon 6]

"And whom Allah sends astray, for him there will be no guide. And whomsoever Allah guides, for him there will be no misleader." [Az-Zumar 36-37]

May Allah (swt) soften your heart..open it wide for the truth..and guide you to embrace it..ameen!

Peace

a_stranger

Peace veryconfused;

You said:

Since that time I have been actively studying all faiths to try and find and faith that matched my faith in GOD and how I saw GOD to be,

I think you should correct your attitude and search for the Truth as it is .....not as it fits you, if each human search what fits him/her no one will accept truth. We need to wash our hearts from arrogance and superiority vain desirs (all of us humans) and search with open hearts and humble our selves facing the great signs of our creator all around then i believe by the will of Allah the truth of Islam and facts of Quran and Sunna will full our hearts with so bright a light...it will lead us to be as we are truly humble poor servants of the one whom created , I am so sorry to tell you that you are totally mistaken ....Allah most Glorified is the most mercifull but absolutly just.....Allah want people to follow a straight path leading to Janna , His way is Islam so straight , so pure, so clear I am writting this out of care for a brother in humanity......I pray that Allah swt show his truth to his confused servants, Don`t turn away from the light it can give you peace and happiness now and then.:astag: for me and you

:salah::salah::salah::salah::salah::salah::salah:

VeryConfused

Lol Dimlite.

The bottom line here is you are twisting my words to justify your misplaced angry words. I did not say the GOD I KNOW has Split Personality I said the Holy Quran makes it seem as though he does. I know and love GOD and I know he is not this way. I would not, nor am I judging GOD I could not even comprehend doing so...Faith is not "made for fancy" but I will not believe/follow a faith that portrays GOD as the Quran does. I believe GOD is more forgiving and loving than the way Holy Quran portrays him as being (no offense) so no, in my mind and heart I cannot have faith in a faith that portrays GOD in that light. If you had read my above statement I said I love the way Moslems completely submit to GOD (as I do) so how dare imply that I would ever want GOD to conform to me!!! The only one isulting anyone (including GOD) is you. Please dont distort or twist my words again, your displaying poor manners. Thanks and Salam...

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
Hello VC,

Care to elaborate what your 'more loving and forgiving' god would be like ?
Just for the sake of curiosity on my part.

Peace.

NourAlDeen

Asalamu aleikum wr wb brothers and sisters.

All thanks and praises is due to ALLAH azawajal, the Creator and Lord of the universe.. Whome Allah guides non can misguide and whome Allah misguides non can guide..
Laa ilaha ilallah, Muhamadan Rusullallah.. May allah help us all, and guide us to the right path..
InshaALLAH I hope you are doin well poth in Imaan and health InshaALLAH.

You said that you love to hear the adhan, quran readings and how the muslims submite to GOD.. Couldnt that be a sign?? As the adhan sayings is Allah is Great, Allah is Great, and There is no God, But Allah and Mohammed is the Messenger of ALLAH.. Which is true..

ALLAH subhana wata'ala is Who is generous, kind and merciful, He is more merciful towards His slaves than they are to themselves. He is watching over your heart and He knows what is on your mind. If He sees that your intention is sincere, He will decree the reward for you in full, and He will overlook every mistake and shortcoming.. When ever a person do bad deeds and do somethin by mistake there is two angels in your shoulder who write right and wrong/good and bad deeds.. When ever you do somethin good the angel in your right shoulder will write it down quickly as a good deed, and when you do or saying somethin bad will the angel in you left shoulder wait for ALLAH permission to write it down.. As ALLAH azawajal are hoping that you will return and remember you LORD and ask for forgiveness.. ALLAH is great, and loves you more than anyone you know..

I ask ALLAH to guide you to the truth.. InshaALLAH..

Fi amanillah
Wa billahi tawfiiq..

FreedomFighter

^mashaAllah well said.

brother VeryConfused, you are on the right path. if you think otherwise, you may go even farther away. believe in yourself.

q8penpals

Salam

To dear VeryConfused:

I for one appreciate that you are coming here to ask questions and try to clear up your confusion. If someone is confused, it shows good intentions to try to clear up with misunderstandings.

One thing you need to realize about TTI is that there are NO SCHOLARS here; we are all just everyday, ordinary Muslims, with our own faults as human beings. When i read your post, your level of confusion really needs to be worked on with an educated, open-minded, open-hearted imam or scholar of Islam. I do not believe that posting on the internet always gets a person's words or intentions across properly, especially when so many of the members are not first-language English speakers (and I am by no means insulting anyone, just simply stating a fact).

I understand what you mean about your quote "I believe GOD is more forgiving and loving..." - I think the reason why you put this is that many Muslims talk about their FEAR of God/God's punishments; I truly try to be a good person because I LOVE God (I am a convert) and that is the way I was raised - God is love, and I LOVE God! I may not always be happy with the decisions/plan He has for me, but I love Him!

I think of God (in simplistic terms) as a Father of us all; many children behave well because they love their parents so much that they don't want to disappoint them by behaving poorly; other children behave well because they fear being punished by their parents. Both result in the children behaving; I prefer to try to "behave" because I love God so much, not just because I fear being punished. I don't know if this is the "right" way to feel, but I do.

I hope that you will take my advice and find a real-life educated Imam or scholar that you can ask your questions to (with Qur'an in hand to point out parts where you do not have understanding) and keep learning from there.

I do not think you are as "off-track" from Islam as you think you are.

It is the month of Ramadan - we must all be more patient with each other, and especially with those who are trying to learn and, insha'Allah will submit to Allah.

May God guide and watch over you.:hearts:

a_stranger

What a pitty stepping out of the overwhelming mercy and forgivness?

Say (O Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم): "To whom belongs all that is in the heavens and the earth?" Say: "To Allah. He has prescribed mercy for Himself. Indeed He will gather you together on the Day of Resurrection, about which there is no doubt. Those who have lost themselves will not believe [in Allah as being the only Ilah (God), and Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم as being one of His Messengers, and in Resurrection].
( سورة الأنعام , Al-Anaam, Chapter #6, Verse #12)

When those who believe in Our Ayat (proofs, evidence, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) come to you, say: "Salamun 'Alaikum" (peace be on you); your Lord has written (prescribed) mercy for Himself, so that if any of you does evil in ignorance, and thereafter repents and does righteous good deeds (by obeying Allah), then surely, He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.
( سورة الأنعام , Al-Anaam, Chapter #6, Verse #54)

ShyHijabi

Allah swt guides whome He please and misguides those He deems unworhty. Therefore we cannot make it any other way. By the by, I went to that website and did not see anything but someone's poorly constructed webpage...something akin to a Facebook account. I know there is a false hadith that lays out all these tortures if one misses prayers but like I said, it's false. This wesite did not show anything, just some tabs for pics, comments, etc., In other words, not a source provided by a scholar.

If you bother to research beyond some fake Imam you may actually find your "ideas" of God (as portrayed in the Qur'an) to be untrue. But given that you've made up your mind already I guess this is a waste of time on our behalf.

safiya58

Missing prayers

hi veryconfused

I will not tell you any fairytales. Yes it is a sin to miss prayers. and yes it can even lead one to hell!

I believe you are very honest and sincere in searching the truth but i have to confess I´m very surprised by your reasoning. you say you believe in a Creator and even love God. but do you not consider Him as adorable enough...? Why you belittle the sin of missing prayers then....?

when we are talking about God we are talking about the One who has given life to us.. and who created us as human beeings... about the One who is preserving our existence.... sura Al Baqara:

[2:22] The One who made the earth habitable for you, and the sky a structure. He sends down from the sky water, to produce all kinds of fruits for your sustenance. You shall not set up idols to rival GOD, now that you know.

if there is a prestigious company offering its employees a very good payment and many possibilities to arise vocational and to that also many social benefits... and if you would be invited to a job interview by the boss of this company... You would give your best to convince him of your qualities... would you not....? well if you would not do so and even come to late to the appointment... how can you then expect him to hire you....? with coming late you show him: "I don´t care about you and your company...."

another question. how would you feel when you have a fiance and she is always coming to late... you always have to wait for her... the woman you want to marry with.... the woman you appreciate and sacrifice for.... and this woman is sometimes not even coming at all and without even canceling on you.... and when you ask her she will always tell you the same: I was too tired... I had to work... oh I totally forget... my girlfriend called me...
you would think she does not care for you or even not love you...

may I´m to stict for you but I want you to realize coming to late means not respecting ones opposite..... when it happens once it is comprehensible but when it happens regularly it is just disrespectfull.

God will surelly not punish a slave of Him cuz he missed accidently a prayer... but the ones who: ( this not my own words)

There was no importance given to prayer by them, if they prayed, they prayed. If they missed it, it was no big deal to them. If they prayed they were not expecting any reward for it. If they missed it there was no fear of any reprisal or punishment. If they were amongst people they would pray. If they were on their own they would not bother, or would not pray it at the correct times. They would sit around swapping stories, and when the time would almost be up, they would stand, move up and down quickly a few times and claim that they had prayed. They would not pray with the sincerity or humility that it should be prayed with. They would never truly busy themselves in worship or the remembrance of Allah Ta’ala.

and I was the one who told you God will only punish the ignorant ppl....

ignorant is the person who do not strain to know the truth. but not someone whom the truth has never reached... even thoug I believe that the possibilty to realize the truth is given to every human with a sound mind.

maybe just a glimpse to the sky full of devotion to God of a primitiv man who never heard about any religion is enough to make him enter jannah. we can not know that....!

if Allah would punish all those who are not just to Him then many many ppl would suffer... but we see ppl who do not believe in God but still God is providing them with His mercy

hope Allah will guide you to the truth

Ibelieve

I stand with you "VeryConfused" !!!

Hi "VeryConfused",
I just wanted to give you some encouragement because I know EXACTLY what you mean. I also have a very similar story to you with similar cirumstances. To start, I sort of "informally accepted Islam" as you did about two years ago. I never proclaimed "La-Illaha-haillallah-U-Muhammed-U-Rasullullah" and I was never actually formally accepted by the mosque. Why did I "accept" Islam? As you, I loved the submission to God. I loved hearing Adan and to hear the Imam recite the Koran. As you, I have always believed in God, and I have always thought about him and proclaimed my love and faith in him every day throughout my entire life. As you, I reached a certain point in my life where I felt bad about not having a formal faith in which to worship him so my search began. I was brought up Christian and never believed in it because as you say it is wrong and immoral and a big, bold, lie. I reasearched (not in great detail) both Islam and Judaism as you did and eventually came to the misinformed conclusion that Islam seemed to be the most logical and believable of all faiths. I started attending mosque, praying, and reading Koran and the more I read Koran the more I knew I made a mistake. I came to the same conclusion you did, either the Koran has been altered by man, making it appear that God is a bully or everything I knew God to be in my heart was a lie. I too recall reading an entire two pages in the Koran about missed prayers and reciting them wrong (I forget what surah) and I said to myself, "This isn't who God really is.." I asked the Imam and he concurred that missing prayer or mispronouncing prayers was enough for the "Koran's God" to send me to hell no matter how faithful I was. I know in my heart of hearts God is not petty, so if I miss or mispronounce a prayer or commit a minor infraction he wouldn't see it fit to send wrath down upon me. God is loving and anything but petty so believe you me he would never do this to anyone unless they commited a horrible atrocity. I'm glad to see you were able to read between the lines in Koran, afterall if God doesn't sound like God (In any holy book) then they ( holy book writers) aren't describing our true God. If you want my opinion no modern religion is correct! And furthermore for any religion to believe that their "holy book" hasn't been altered at sometime isn't being realistic! I know in my heart of hearts that as long as you are a good person and you love God and have faith then you don't need to be apart of any organized religion, just keep being a good person. Your love and faith is worship enough! Just the fact that you think about God enough to care about what religion is his religion shows your faith and submission to him. I don't know many people who think about God once a year let alone everyday! You have a beautiful heart and a faith that I'd love to see more people have! Please don't listen to these people. As you said, they are trying to twist your words and make you the "bad guy" because they can't answer your question because they know they have no explanation, thats why they keep changing the topic and attacking you with smut! If you have any questions or would like to talk please email me and lets talk!!! God is Great!!!

FreedomFighter

Hi "VeryConfused",
I just wanted to give you some encouragement because I know EXACTLY what you mean. I also have a very similar story to you with similar cirumstances. To start, I sort of "informally accepted Islam" as you did about two years ago. I never proclaimed "La-Illaha-haillallah-U-Muhammed-U-Rasullullah" and I was never actually formally accepted by the mosque. Why did I "accept" Islam? As you, I loved the submission to God. I loved hearing Adan and to hear the Imam recite the Koran. As you, I have always believed in God, and I have always thought about him and proclaimed my love and faith in him every day throughout my entire life. As you, I reached a certain point in my life where I felt bad about not having a formal faith in which to worship him so my search began. I was brought up Christian and never believed in it because as you say it is wrong and immoral and a big, bold, lie. I reasearched (not in great detail) both Islam and Judaism as you did and eventually came to the misinformed conclusion that Islam seemed to be the most logical and believable of all faiths. I started attending mosque, praying, and reading Koran and the more I read Koran the more I knew I made a mistake. I came to the same conclusion you did, either the Koran has been altered by man, making it appear that God is a bully or everything I knew God to be in my heart was a lie. I too recall reading an entire two pages in the Koran about missed prayers and reciting them wrong (I forget what surah) and I said to myself, "This isn't who God really is.." I asked the Imam and he concurred that missing prayer or mispronouncing prayers was enough for the "Koran's God" to send me to hell no matter how faithful I was. I know in my heart of hearts God is not petty, so if I miss or mispronounce a prayer or commit a minor infraction he wouldn't see it fit to send wrath down upon me. God is loving and anything but petty so believe you me he would never do this to anyone unless they commited a horrible atrocity. I'm glad to see you were able to read between the lines in Koran, afterall if God doesn't sound like God (In any holy book) then they ( holy book writers) aren't describing our true God. If you want my opinion no modern religion is correct! And furthermore for any religion to believe that their "holy book" hasn't been altered at sometime isn't being realistic! I know in my heart of hearts that as long as you are a good person and you love God and have faith then you don't need to be apart of any organized religion, just keep being a good person. Your love and faith is worship enough! Just the fact that you think about God enough to care about what religion is his religion shows your faith and submission to him. I don't know many people who think about God once a year let alone everyday! You have a beautiful heart and a faith that I'd love to see more people have! Please don't listen to these people. As you said, they are trying to twist your words and make you the "bad guy" because they can't answer your question because they know they have no explanation, thats why they keep changing the topic and attacking you with smut! If you have any questions or would like to talk please email me and lets talk!!! God is Great!!!

^hahaha are you serious? that is so weird and even more confused! dont confuse yourself even more :D :laughing-dancing: ahaha.. what for do you think God created you then, Mr. VeryConfused no.2? if you realy did read the Qur'an, you will see God created you to worship Him, and He didnt leave you astray because He sent guidelines for you. so how can you believe in God and reject His guidelines? do you then think god will accept you? God knows what you not know :SMILY286:.. we are not trying to twist anybody's words. how can you not worship He who created you? if you love God, you'll do what He ordered. by praying you're getting closer to God, and we Muslims pray five times a day. you are confusing yourself more, how many times did God say He is more merciful than a mother is to her child. maybe that is just too merciful for you to grasp. do you think God sent you here with no rules and guidelines? then how would God even prove Himself to you for you to believe? and how ironic you have the same story. and now you think the Qur'an was altered by man? and God is telling you in the Qur'an that its the word of God. furthermore, with all the new reverts and converts following Islam and knowing this is the truth, dont you feel that you are missing something..

Munawar

Striving for Paradise
Moderators,
This Veryconfused and Ibelieve are two instances of the same person.
Please ban this twin personality guy who is here just to play games and waste the time of our brothers and sisters.
Thanks.

massi

Moderators,
Please ban this twin personality guy who is here just to play games and waste the time of our brothers and sisters.
Thanks.
I think he is the atheist too !!!
it's christian game play undercover as atheist or ex -muslim Just to spread doubts btw Muslims :astag::astag::astag:
But they forgot that Islam is religion of Facts not emotions or wishes :):):)

Smile

be urself
Moderators,
Thanks.

exactly ...its like he would like to stay confused ..

safiya58

As salamu aleykum I believe,

first of all welcome to tti.

I just wonder if you read all replies..... this is what you said: Please don't listen to these people. As you said, they are trying to twist your words and make you the "bad guy" because they can't answer your question because they know they have no explanation, thats why they keep changing the topic and attacking you with smut!

Is this adressed to his tti- brothers/sisters, I mean to all of us who have replied him... if yes then you was just not fair to us. may some was not very patient with him but many of us tried to encourage him and help him to clarify his doubts... and so I have done too! If I was you I would apologise...!

so do you think only you know and we do not.....! well this is arrogant! some explanations and also mine are pretty good! if someone is sincere the answers will make him clarify his doubts or at least make him rethink!

and you know what.... i´m in the same boat like you... even I´m a born muslim there was also a time in my life where i had doubts... I always believed in God but Islam seemed to be so "wrong" to me... cuz it has to many don´t dos(harams!)... I was a young girl born and grown up in a western country... and i took the western lifestyle as a benchmark for what is right and wrong...! I was ashamed of my mother cuz she was wearing a hijab! now I´m ashamed for that....! I wanted to dress attractive, and to have a boyfriend and to go to clubs.... and i just could not understand why that was haram... cuz it was so normal and right to me... but I found all other religions accept Islam unappealing... so I decided just to believe in God but without having a religion...! and was I happy....? first it was a delivering feeling not to be bound on rules anymore but this feeling only lasted short... very short.... cuz I realized I need rules... I need to whorship God in a formal way... I need a religion with dos and don´t dos... and I turned back to Islam again...

if you love someone sincerly it is not enough for you just to think at him.... you want to be cloth to him... you are even not affraid to sacrifice for him... when someone is in love (s)he is crazy... (s)he will do everything to show her/his love to her/his beloved...

that´s why i said I need to know how to whorship God not just think at Him even though this is also a kind of whorship... because I love God.... because I can not imagine to live a life without whorshipping Him...

if you think that the quran was changed by man you are mistaken... it is not... may there are some things in quran you don´t agree with... I can also not understand everything in Islam... some things are wrong according to my oppinion.... but Allahu Akbar! I love Allah and I trust Allah...! when He has decrred something then there is a wisdom behind it for sure... and His decrees are much more important then the oppinion of a poor slave of Him whose knowledge is limited (mine) whereas He is Al- Alm(the one who knows all)

I hope you are not offended. it was not my intention to offend you...

May Allah guide you to and on the straigh path...

:wasalam:

Status
Not open for further replies.