Remember it for your own good

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
:salam2:

On remembering the akhirah..and the Iman that pervades the heart as a result of doing so...

Ibn al-Qayyim (may Allah have mercy on him) said:

“If his mind (the mind of the believer) is clear, he will have insight, which is a light in the heart, with which he will see the promise and the threat, Paradise and Hell, and what Allah has prepared in each for His friends and His enemies, respectively.

He will see, in his mind’'s eye, the people coming forth from their graves, hastening towards the call of Truth;

The angels coming down from heaven and surrounding them, and
Allah coming to His Throne which is set up for judgment;

The earth filled with His light and the Book being set forth;

The Prophets and martyrs being brought;

The scale being set up and the records flying into their owner’s' hands;

The disputants being brought together;

Every creditor hanging on to his opponent;

The appearance of the hawd (cistern) and the bringing near of its cups; intense thirst, but only a few being allowed to drink;

The setting up of the bridge and the jostling of the people to cross over it;

The sharing out of lights because the bridge to be crossed is very dark;

The fire of Hell, parts of it consuming other parts beneath the bridge;

The huge numbers of those who fall into the fire, many times more than the numbers of those who are saved.

When his mind’'s eye is opened to all of this,

One of the stages of the Hereafter will dwell in his heart, so he will see that the Hereafter will abide forever whereas as this world is just a transient, passing thing.

(Madaarij al-Saalikeen, 1/123).

Do not fear opening the gates of your imagination onto the akhirah..

Though its reality is far different from that which you will witness within your mind..it will surely allow softness of the heart (and thus firm Iman) to engulf your heart as it yearns to do incessantly...

Allow iman a chance I say..

Every time this dunya stresses you and your iman out..give yourself a minute..and travel through the paths of imagination towards your permanent destiny..

*Al-Akhirah!*

May Allah grant us the destiny of those encompassed by His pleasure..Ameen!

:wasalam:

ayesha_r

Muslimah
very nice thread
and a excellent reminder
i love this line
"Every time this dunya stresses you and your iman out..give yourself a minute..and travel through the paths of imagination towards your permanent destiny..

*Al-Akhirah!*

May ALLAH bless you and grant you janat ul firdous.Ameen

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
very nice thread
and a excellent reminder
i love this line
"Every time this dunya stresses you and your iman out..give yourself a minute..and travel through the paths of imagination towards your permanent destiny..

*Al-Akhirah!*

May ALLAH bless you and grant you janat ul firdous.Ameen

Ameen..wa iyaki inshallah..baraka allaho feeki for the kind words habibati fi allah :)

Sanaa01

Muslima

Thank you for the post this is a great reminder Jazaki Allah khairan

Muslim reports that Abu Hurayrah (ra) said: "We were with the Messenger of Allaah (saw) and we heard the sound of something falling. The Prophet (saw) said, "Do you know what that was?" We said, "Allaah and His Messenger know best". He said, "That was a stone that was thrown into Hell seventy years ago and it was falling through Hell until now". (Muslim, Kitaab al-Jannah, Baab fi shiddat haar an-naar, 4/2184 no. 2844)

Ladybug3478

Salam :),

Okay, I think I need the 'dummy' version on this topic. (smile)

How does one clear the mind? Also, I googled 'mind's eye' and am not grasping the meaning. How can I grasp the meaning? It sounds interesting but, I don't understand. Thanks.

Wa'Salam

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member

Thank you for the post this is a great reminder Jazaki Allah khairan

Muslim reports that Abu Hurayrah (ra) said: "We were with the Messenger of Allaah (saw) and we heard the sound of something falling. The Prophet (saw) said, "Do you know what that was?" We said, "Allaah and His Messenger know best". He said, "That was a stone that was thrown into Hell seventy years ago and it was falling through Hell until now". (Muslim, Kitaab al-Jannah, Baab fi shiddat haar an-naar, 4/2184 no. 2844)

Jazaki Allaho Ajjannah ukhti..you're sure welcome :)..and baraka allaho feeki for sharing the hadith

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
Salam :),

Okay, I think I need the 'dummy' version on this topic. (smile)

How does one clear the mind? Also, I googled 'mind's eye' and am not grasping the meaning. How can I grasp the meaning? It sounds interesting but, I don't understand. Thanks.

Wa'Salam

What is meant here is clarity of the mind from..sin..materialism..evil thoughts..etc. when you focus your mind on the submission to Allah (swt)..and following his deen to the very best of your ability..your mind is clear in that it is not preoccupied with that which is disliked..forbidden..or unaccepted by Allah (swt)...it's essentially the state of having *good iman (faith/belief)*..when you have good iman (through worship and such)..you thrive on that which brings you close to Allah even if it's imagining something such as the day of judgement to keep yourself in tune with its promised destiny..now "the mind's eye" is just a fancy description of "imagination"..this is translated from Arabic so that's why you see the words are represented through "descriptions" rather than the mere vocabulary (i.e. Imagination = "the mind's eye")..and if you think about it..where your "physical sight" is carried through your "eyes"..your "mental sight" is carried through "imagination"..so in a sense *your mind* does have *its own eyes* as well..that's all there's to it :)

And please do not say anything that would belittle your passion of digging deeper into the meaning of what you read or hear..on the contrary..ask away so you'd enjoy the deeper wisdom of what is presented to you :)

ruki4eva

Muslim Unity...
:salam2: sis
jazakallahu khaiyr for the wonderful post!
MashaAllah an excellent reminder for us.
:hearts:

MutlekM

Thanx a lot even though I didnt understand the whole things but thanx anyway brother.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Even if one says Allah the mind is cleared and the stress is taken away. The best cure for stress is salat. And being around Muslims makes us happy, too.

Ladybug3478

Salam,

Thank you for the description. Yes, I have a problem with belittling myself in such ways in a 'false' attempt to seem non threatening. I say 'false' because I really shouldn't go to such extremes and in a sense attempt to mask something. Example: someone will say your shoes are nice and I'll say 'oh, these are cheap...$5.00 shoes...and start laughing. Instead, I should say thank you but, I'm learning. Inshallah. Thank you for calling me out on this. Inshallah...this will come to an end.

So, next question....'imagination'...what does this mean in Islam? Why the emphasis?

Wa'Salam

Updated note/definition: defining...'seem' non threatening... Please note this all depends on the streghths and weakness of the receptor. I'm not going to delve into the dynamics but, remember I'm referring to an old 'learned habit' that I'm working on erradicating as it does not do anyone justice. In addition, my communication skills are not all that great and that is why I find myself updating many of my posts. Inshallah. Eventually, I'll learn how to communicate to various personlities clearly as I'm attempting to avoid confusing anyone. Inshallah. :)

Wa'Salam

AbdAllah84

On remembering the akhirah..and the Iman that pervades the heart as a result of doing so...

Ibn al-Qayyim (may Allah have mercy on him) said:

“If his mind (the mind of the believer) is clear, he will have insight, which is a light in the heart, with which he will see the promise and the threat, Paradise and Hell, and what Allah has prepared in each for His friends and His enemies, respectively.

He will see, in his mind’'s eye, the people coming forth from their graves, hastening towards the call of Truth;

The angels coming down from heaven and surrounding them, and
Allah coming to His Throne which is set up for judgment;

The earth filled with His light and the Book being set forth;

The Prophets and martyrs being brought;

The scale being set up and the records flying into their owner’s' hands;

The disputants being brought together;

Every creditor hanging on to his opponent;

The appearance of the hawd (cistern) and the bringing near of its cups; intense thirst, but only a few being allowed to drink;

The setting up of the bridge and the jostling of the people to cross over it;

The sharing out of lights because the bridge to be crossed is very dark;

The fire of Hell, parts of it consuming other parts beneath the bridge;

The huge numbers of those who fall into the fire, many times more than the numbers of those who are saved.

When his mind’'s eye is opened to all of this,

One of the stages of the Hereafter will dwell in his heart, so he will see that the Hereafter will abide forever whereas as this world is just a transient, passing thing.

(Madaarij al-Saalikeen, 1/123).

Do not fear opening the gates of your imagination onto the akhirah..

Though its reality is far different from that which you will witness within your mind..it will surely allow softness of the heart (and thus firm Iman) to engulf your heart as it yearns to do incessantly...

Allow iman a chance I say..

Every time this dunya stresses you and your iman out..give yourself a minute..and travel through the paths of imagination towards your permanent destiny..

*Al-Akhirah!*

May Allah grant us the destiny of those encompassed by His pleasure..Ameen!

Jazakallah Kahir for sharing.

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
So, next question....'imagination'...what does this mean in Islam? Why the emphasis?

Imagination meaning mentally exposing yourself to things beyond your world as you know it..and the reason why it's emphasized it's because it can help you better yourself as a Muslimah..for example..when you imagine what Jannah is like and you imagine the bliss and rewards of it and how pleased you will be in it you will feel an urge to do your best to acquire a position in it..you will worship more..you will be good towards others..you will commit good deeds..etc. now let's take it from another perspective..if someone felt a weakning towards a certain temptation forbidden by Allah..and he/she remembers Jahannam (hell) in all its torment..horridness..etc. then he/she will stop him/herself they will think twice about their actions and might in turn commit good actions which will secure them from temptation and thus from hellfire..imagination can also help you reach a state of khushu'u in your daily prayers..when you imagine for example that you are prostrating before Allah (swt) and that He is looking at you while you are showing your submission to Him..so you see..imagination can give you that "push" towards tuning up your actions..your deeds..your character..your faith..and your practice and that's why it's encouraged in many many many instances in Islam :)

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
:salam2: sis
jazakallahu khaiyr for the wonderful post!
MashaAllah an excellent reminder for us.
:hearts:

Thanx a lot even though I didnt understand the whole things but thanx anyway brother.

I am a sister akhi! :)

Salaam,

Even if one says Allah the mind is cleared and the stress is taken away. The best cure for stress is salat. And being around Muslims makes us happy, too.

Jazakallah Kahir for sharing.

Jazakom Allaho Ajjannah..wa baraka feekom in the dunya and the akhirah..I am happy this was of benefit to you all :)

Ladybug3478

Imagination meaning mentally exposing yourself to things beyond your world as you know it..and the reason why it's emphasized it's because it can help you better yourself as a Muslimah..for example..when you imagine what Jannah is like and you imagine the bliss and rewards of it and how pleased you will be in it you will feel an urge to do your best to acquire a position in it..you will worship more..you will be good towards others..you will commit good deeds..etc. now let's take it from another perspective..if someone felt a weakning towards a certain temptation forbidden by Allah..and he/she remembers Jahannam (hell) in all its torment..horridness..etc. then he/she will stop him/herself they will think twice about their actions and might in turn commit good actions which will secure them from temptation and thus from hellfire..imagination can also help you reach a state of khushu'u in your daily prayers..when you imagine for example that you are prostrating before Allah (swt) and that He is looking at you while you are showing your submission to Him..so you see..imagination can give you that "push" towards tuning up your actions..your deeds..your character..your faith..and your practice and that's why it's encouraged in many many many instances in Islam :)

Thank you so much for explaining. It makes absolute sense. Inshallah, I will begin to do this. :)

gazkour

Assalamo alikom wa rahmato Allahi wa barakato

Thanks sister, I loved it. I do love clearing my mind and being in those intense moments. That's what keeps me going sometimes!

May Allah grant us His Mercy on that Day.

Assalamo alikom wa rahmato Allah wa barakato

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
Assalamo alikom wa rahmato Allahi wa barakato

Thanks sister, I loved it. I do love clearing my mind and being in those intense moments. That's what keeps me going sometimes!

May Allah grant us His Mercy on that Day.

Assalamo alikom wa rahmato Allah wa barakato

Ameen to your dua'a..and you're surely welcome..

May Allah reward you with all that is good in your dunya and akhirah Ameen!