ruling for non Hijabi sisters ?

Loyal Servant

~ AllahuAkbar
Assalamualaikum wr wb.
I hope you are all in the good of health.
I have a question.
Well, I study in a co-ed college where most of my sisters are non hijabis. I would like them to become hijabis soon.
What is the ruling for non Hijabi sisters, during Ramadan.? I completely understand that Hijab is obligatory all through the year. To be more precise, are the fasts of nonhijabi sisters, studyin in a co-ed college, accepted ?
Moreover, What it the best thing you would like to tell a non hijabi sister to convince her for wearing the hijab atleast during the holy month of Ramadan.

JazakAllah Khayran :)

ansari

STRANGER...
:salam2:

18832_1307238731401_1543542501_775622_4313715_n.jpg

[yt]3mhqgrYgNJ4[/yt]​

:wasalam:

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Leave her alone. She will wear a hijab when she is ready. I do not understand the rationale of wearing a hijab for Ramadan and not afterwords. I do not wish to debate.

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
Assalaamu alaikum,

may Allaah reward you for your intentions of trying to help out your dear sisters in Islam. alhamdulillaah for all the blessings.
One thing I would like to say is.....it takes time and courage for many people. If you dont know their circumstances, dont interfere in their lives. Dawah is all about knowing your audience. And for many....they would like to make the decision on their own. That feels more like a "freedom of choice" the best thing you could do is make dua that Allaah puts in their heart a love for Hijab and that He subhanahu wata'ala guides them to the path of rightiousness. ameen
With that said, if you're close to those girls and you know 'em well ....then the best way to advice them is to give them a book as a Ramadan gift about Hijab. In that way you're giving da'wah and at the same time giving a ramadan gift which may start a very good friendship with those sisters. I dont know of any fatwa....and I dont wish to give my own on whether the fasting is accepted or not. InshaAllaah, my brothers and sisters who have more knowledge can help with that.

May Allaah help us understand our deen.ameen

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member

It's simple..make dua'a for them (and any dua'a you make for them..you're making for yourself as well...as there's an angel standing behind you saying "ameen, and for you the same" to any dua'a you make)..wear *your* hijab properly..*speak* of its virtues and *your* love for it..and mention *often* our mothers..the wives of Rasulullah (salla Allaho 'alayhi wassalam) and how they wore their hijab and how you want to emulate *them* so you can be gathered with them on the day of judgment Inshallah..

The most important thing that you should be aware of is..*don't* lecture them..it can *seriously* backfire..before I wore hijab..a friend of mine had a mom who would "lecture" me about hijab every time she *saw* me..she seriously..and without exaggeration..made me an *anti-hijabi*..she made me *hate* hijab..and all the women who wear it!!!..it got to be *that* bad!..can you believe it?!..years down the road though..I met a sister who used the means I listed to you just now..and within a couple of months I was researching hijab and getting ready to wear it!..and now I am part of the hijabi community alhamdulillah

This is the best advice I can give you along with remaining patient with them until they are guided Inshallah :)

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
Walaykumsalaam sister a_muslimah,

You suggested mentioning the virtues of the Hijab as well as the examples of Mother of the believers (May Allah be pleased with them all). At the same time, you mentioned that 'lecturing' could turn the person against the practice of Hijab as per your experience.

So you are suggesting that the person would get a 'hint' as to why such things are being mentioned rather than outright telling them 'You are supposed to be observing Hijab' (which sound like a 'lecture'). Did I get that right ?

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member

You suggested mentioning the virtues of the Hijab as well as the examples of Mother of the believers (May Allah be pleased with them all). At the same time, you mentioned that 'lecturing' could turn the person against the practice of Hijab as per your experience.

So you are suggesting that the person would get a 'hint' as to why such things are being mentioned rather than outright telling them 'You are supposed to be observing Hijab' (which sound like a 'lecture'). Did I get that right ?

Yes akhi..you see..women get defensive easily if spoken to *directly* (i.e. "lectured) about a characteristic or trait of theirs which is to be "corrected"..when someone expresses *emotions* which fall into a matter that relates to them..or they mention a story with a personal connection..in general..they pay closer attention and their response is more positive because they take it as "words from experience" (so to speak) and/or as an "emotion" to be considered...

For example..the reason why it was morbid for me to hear about hijab..is because I was *constantly* told that *I am sinning*..that I will die while Allah is displeased with me..and also..I was told how I will be punished..which level of hell I will be entered in..what Allah will say to me..how the angels will look at me..I was told *everything*..BUT..the virtue of hijab..what it means for a muslimah..and its significance in Islam..*none* of that was ever mentioned to me!..it wasn't even mentioned that the command of hijab is mentioned in *The Qura'an* itself (I had to find that out on *my own!*)..not that these matters wouldn't be effective..some sternness sometimes works..but I was not given *any* counterpart to that whatsoever..add to these mistakes..a seriously *egotistical* character of a *teenager*..and you've got a giant mess..that backfired big-time..

But when the sister I mentioned came..things were completely different..her approach was as I described in the initial post..she was..gentle..personal..and patient..her approach is actually not too strange to shari'a..there's a principle of advising called.."At-tarheeb wat Targheeb"..the closest translation I can think of is.."Intimidating and Attracting (or Making Desirable)"..she (baraka Allaho feeha) used the "Attracting" part of the equation (she did use the intimidating part as well but she did it in a way that made me *think*..not turn my face with disgust)..and sobhanallah..her effort worked..

Inshallah this puts more detail to the approach..I apologize if it's lengthy..I guess I feel a personal connection to this topic..hence I seek to give it the most of time when it arises..but Inshallah I did well in that without any tangents and such..

kayleigh

If you boss someone around they're just going to tune you out and be determined to do the opposite of what you tell them. Common sense. Every Muslim woman is aware of hijab. They're not stupid. If you want them to wear it the only thing you can do is give them encouragement like, as was mentioned, talking about the benefits etc.

It isn't as if you can walk up to a Muslim woman and tell her she should be wearing hijab. What do you expect her to say? "Oh gee, you're right, what was I thinking?" No.

When people tell me bluntly that I need to wear hijab it goes in one ear and out the other, and if they were very insistent on it, I'd probably have some not-so-nice words for them. But if someone talks about the benefits of it or something I can appreciate that they're taking the time to tell me and I know they have good intentions, even if I still won't wear it. But as soon as someone tells me I should be doing something or that I'm sinning for not doing it, then they can mind their own business.

revert2007

Love Fishing
Assalaam walaikum,

Leave her alone. She will wear a hijab when she is ready. I do not understand the rationale of wearing a hijab for Ramadan and not afterwords. I do not wish to debate.

Assalamualikum.

This time I have to agree with respected Sister Aapa.We cannot force anyone to wear hijab or force them to do anything that their heart do not wish to do.Even if they wear hijab for the sake of society,I am afraid Allah will not accept because Allah only accepts every good deeds that is done for His sake Only.

I know some people wear hijab in Ramadhan only and some do not even wear it.Anyway all of us will be judged according to our intention.

Asking someone to wear hijab is a very sensitive issue.We have to handle it carefully.So let this issue alone.You may indirectly encourage them to wear hijab yet you cannot order or force them as things will turn nasty and we do not want this during Ramadhan.

Allah knows the best.
Assalamualikum :)

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
if only I understood the meaning of hijabe I would have wore it many years before...
I'm sorry if I may be too rude with my opinion.young girls,even muslim ones,if aren't well guided from their mothers,will take the easier path.many of them like guys watching them and feel beauty with their brown,blond,red hair.this is the way of Shaytan.it is him who saiys them<why do you cover your hair?you're so pretty,why do you hide your beautiness?>many "muslim" non-hijabed girls say not to feel ready to be straight,because they fear the judgement of others,they fear to be alone,so they prefere to mix themselves with other "normal" people.If a non-hijabed girl makes Ramadhan,I don't understand why doesn't she cover her hair during the whole year,just to obey to Allah.if a girl wears hijab one month in the whole year,then she pull it off to return to the normal life,all her good deeds during Ramadhan will result unhelpful,because it's like abandoneing the right path to take the wrong one,and this is-BY MYSELF-a sort of apostasy!!does it mean that a girl should pray only during Ramadhan,and after??or these students who you say to be muslims,continue their life thinking only at the amount of exams which they will do...in the Day of Judgement Allah will make them another examand He Only knows their results.
So,if you know well these students,make them know their duty as muslim girls and let them understand how brief this life is and how brief our time in this Dunya is.Nor parents,neither friends or wealthness will help them in That Day.

<If a muslim shows the right way to a non- muslim,he will enter the Paradise>(reported by Muslim,Al-Bukhari):wasalam:

mousllima

199643.gif
771967.gif
306190.gif

Al-Hamdulilah :tti_sister: for the blessing of Islam, which maintained the freedom of women and make the veil a symbol of chastity :hijabi:

BARAKA ALLAH FIK on the subject

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

It is agreed we will make dua for our sisters...I wear hijab not niqab. Let us concentrate on removing the rust from our hearts as we near Ramadan.

Sakeena

Lovely Video

Asalam alaikum! Thanks for sharing! I LOVE THIS VIDEO MashaAllah!!! :hijabi: Very insightful and compelling :hearts:

Loyal Servant

~ AllahuAkbar
JazakAllah Khayran for all your replies.
Yes i understand that Hijab is a very sensitive issue. And girls dont like being lectured at.
Well, these friends of mine have pressure from my non muslim friends to wear hijab. MashAllah, they wear abaya to college and knw why they are wearing it.
But when it comes to the classroom, they are just finding it difficult to giveup the old habits of using coloured lenses, and not wearing scarf. They appreciate the fact that others are wearing it.
Well there is something I really want to do to help them out. And ramadan is the best time.

Assalamualaikum wr wb :)

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member

Jazakunna Allahu Khayran sister Kayleigh and sister a_muslimah86. Appreciate your replies to my post.