Salaat Language

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
Can i perfrom salaat in my native language, which is english?
:salam2:
basically the salah is performed in arabic. we perform the salah the way the prophet muhammad pbuh performed the salah because he was the best of examples. it's okay for you to use english in the beginning since arabic isn't your native tongue, however you should try to learn how to say the basics in arabic as soon as possible. the fatiha etc. your dua or supplication is allowed to be done in anyone's own personal language. i hope this will help you.
:wasalam:

virtualeye

Tamed Brother
AssalaamuAlaikum,

Of course a new Muslim can not magically learn arabic in minutes. It takes some weaks. It depends upon your devotion how quickly you learn. However it should not take long time to learn at least the verses which are used in prayer. If it takes more than a year then it means you are very lazy.

Wassalaaam

amyaishazouaoui

Hey learn the arabic as soon as you can...for now use english and before you ask....many of us have done the paper infront of you and read off it method until you know it all!!!!

Mohsin

abdu'Allah
Assalamu-alaikum

:salam2: :)

Hey sis, your
missile.jpg
BURQA looks great but I am having a hard time trying to read whats written in green in your avatar :D

Hey learn the arabic as soon as you can...for now use english and before you ask....many of us have done the paper infront of you and read off it method until you know it all!!!!

aisha ali

all has been said but inshaalah try to learn arabic i mean basic one though it might seem hard in the first time.

virtualeye

Tamed Brother
:salam2: :)

Hey sis, your
missile.jpg
BURQA looks great but I am having a hard time trying to read whats written in green in your avatar :D

After a panel of scientists researched this unreadable thing with microscopes, it is found to be saying:

"Lost A Zouaoui's mind, IF Found then Call 997 :)"

kayleigh

My advice would be to learn the English first, because praying in a language you don't understand won't do you much good, will it? I memorized the English first, then I memorized the Arabic. The English took me a few weeks and the Arabic took me less about a week to memorize. I guess you don't have to know the English word for word, perfectly, but you should probably still remember the gist of what you're saying.

If I'm not wrong, you can still preform your du'as in any language you want.