Serious comments needed

aless

Salam

I am a recent convert and am trying to sort my life out - one of the main issues is that I am staying with my sister who has a boyfriend (I will be moving out VERY soon)- they do lots of things that are not accepted in Islam and they are not really accepting all the changes that I have made (closing myself in the room to pray, wearing a hijab, going away when there's alchool and smoke around and so on). I am staying away from it all because I want to follow only the right way - I was given another chance and intend not to waste it.

At abt 4 in the morning I am awaken by shouts - my sister's boyfriend had a bit of a drink i guess and was shouting that I was disrespecting them who have always helped me in the past - and they said that I joined a religion that wasn't mine and I didnt belong to - HE SAID I TOOK SIDE WITH THE ENEMIES WHO ARE INVADING HIS COUNTRY AND BUILDING ISLAMIC ONLY SCHOOLS AND THAT MUSLIMS KILL INNOCENT PEOPLE IN THE NAME OF ALLAH - He said he was bitten up by 10 muslims when he was young who were being racist against him and sent him to hospital THEN my sister was crying ... she said that her colleague at work who comes from Iran was shocked and crying by the news of me becoming Muslim - she said she had to RUN AWAY from her country (Iran) and that because she doesnt wear hijab other muslim girls wouldnt talk to her at university, my sister believes MUSLIM MEN TREAT WOMEN LIKE SLAVES - they believe I've been brainwashed by somebody ... but I converted by myself because I believe in Islam, and Allah being the only God and in the prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) and want to lead an acceptable life in accordance to the will of Allah (SWT) - full stop.

I believe that Bush as well has gone to war mentioning God and I do not condone violence (apart in self-defence or for the liberation of the oppressed if there is NO other way) - I also believe that the general Western lifestyle (which has no religion at all) is the wrong way to live - my experience of it is extremely negative and I will never go back to my past life -

but....

brothers and sisters please help me by commenting on the things that they have said to me - I believe in Islam and learning so much about the Quran and I pray to feel close to Allah, I PRAY for the resolution of conflict and peace between different peoples but AM I ACTUALLY NAIVE? have I actually joined a religion that breeds violent people like my sister keeps saying to me?

I personally do not understand why people associate ONLY Islam to terrorism and violence when in reality I see terrorism and violence in every faith and in every culture.

Please help me by giving me your ideas on this
(sorry for the long letter)

Assalamu alaikum

NAFS

welcome in truth............

As salamalikum aless,

first of all alahmdulillah........ subahanallah.......allahu akbar........
thanks to Allah , he guide you right way...........

zazakallah khair...............

NAFS

TAHWEED

THE REALITY OF TAWHEED

BY: MUHAMMAD BIN SULAYMAN AT-TIMIMEE D. 1206 H RAHIMAHULLAAH TRANSLATED BY: Abu Mu’aawiyah bin Kenneth Ingram

If it said to you, Who is your Lord? Then reply saying: My Lord (Rabb) is Allah. If it is said to you, What is the meaning of Lord (Rabb)? Then reply saying: The One Who is rightfully worshipped, The Owner (Al-Maalik), The One Who all and everything is under His disposal (Al-Mutasarrif). If it is said to you, What is the greatest and most remarkable feat you have seen from His creation? Then reply saying: The Heavens and the Earth. If it is said to you, How do you arrive at this knowledge of your Lord? Then reply saying: Through His signs and His creation. If it said to you, What is the paramount or the most noteworthy which you have seen from His signs? Then reply saying: The Night and the Day and the proof of this is His saying, Ta’aala: Indeed your Lord (Rabb) is Allah, who created the Heavens and the Earth in six days, and then He rose over (Istawa) The Throne (in a manner befitting His Majesty). He brings the Night as a cover over the Day, seeking it rapidly, and (He created) the Sun, the Moon, and the Stars subjected to his command. Surely His is the creation and the Commandment.[1]Blessed is Allah the Lord (Rabb) of all in existence! Surah A’raf (7):54

So if it is said to you, What is the meaning of Allah? Then reply saying: Allah means the One who has all rights of worship over the entire of His creation. And if it is said to you, Why did Allah create you? Then reply saying: I was created for the purpose of His worship (and His worship alone, i.e. Tawheed, without ascribing any partners to him in any aspect of worship i.e. Shirk). If it is said to you, What is His worship?[2] Then reply saying: His Tawheed[3] and obedience to him (Taa’ah)[4]. And if it said to you, What is the proof for that? Then reply saying: His saying, Ta’aala:. I have not created the Jinn, nor the men, except for My worship (alone). Surah Dhariyat (51):56

If it is said to you, What is the first affair which Allah has obligated upon you? Then reply saying: Total disbelief in Taaghut[5] (everything that is worshipped other than Allah) and Eemaan[6] (faith and belief) in Allah, and the proof of this is His saying, Ta’aala: There is no compulsion in religion. Surely, the right path has become clear and distinct from the wrong path. So whoever disbelieves in Taaghut (everything that is worshipped other than Allah) and believes in Allah, then he has grasped the most trust worthy handhold that will never break. And Allah is All-Hearer, All-Knower. Surah Baqarah (2):256

So if it is said to you, What is the most trust worthy handhold that will never break?

Then reply saying: Laa ilaaha ill Allah[7] (There is no Diety worshipped in the truth except Allah). The meaning of Laa ilaaha (There is no Diety) is negation and ill Allah (except Allah) is affirmation. And if it is said to you, What is it that you are negating and what is that you are affirming? Then reply saying: The negation is a negation of everything that is worshipped other than Allah and the affirmation is an affirmation that all worship is rightfully due to Allah alone without ascribing any partners to Him. And if it said to you, What is the proof for that? Then reply saying: His saying, Ta’aala: And (remember) when Ibraheem said to his father and people: “Verily, I am totally innocent and totally free of what you worship, except Him (i.e. Allah alone) Who created me; and surely, He will guide me”. Surah Zukhruf (43):26-27

And if it is said to you, What is the negation and affirmation here in this Ayah (verse)? Then reply saying: The proof of negation is: And (remember) when Ibraheem said to his father and people: “Verily, I am totally innocent and totally free of what you worship. Surah Zukhruf (43):26

And the proof of affirmation is:

Except Him (i.e. Allah alone) who created me.” Surah Zukhruf (43):27

If it is said to you, What is the difference between Tawheed Ar-Ruboobiyyah (Lordship) and Tawheed Al-Uloohiyyah (worship), Then reply saying, Tawheed Ar-Ruboobiyyah is the actions of the Rabb (Lord), for example: Creating, providing all sustenance and provision, giving life, causing death, sending down rain, causing plants and all vegetation to grow, as well as disposing all of the affairs. Tawheed Al-Uloohiyyah is the actions of the slave, for example: Supplication, fear of His Punishment, hope for His Mercy, dependence and reliance upon Him, turning to Him in repentance, fervent desire, dread, making vows, seeking His Aid and other than this from the different types of worship. So if it said to you, What is your Deen? Then reply saying: My Deen (Religion) is Islam[8].

It’s foundation and principle comprises two affairs:

Firstly: The worship of Allah alone (i.e. Tawheed) without ascribing any partners to Him, inciting and instigating upon this, basing alliance and friendship upon it, and pronouncing Kufr (disbelief of Allah) upon one who abandons Tawheed.

Secondly: Warning and admonishing against Shirk[9] in the worship of Allah Ta’aala and being staunch upon that, basing enmity and aversion upon it, and pronouncing Kufr (disbelief in Allah) upon the one who commits Shirk.

This Deen of Islam is established upon five pillars: Bearing witness that none has the right to be worshipped in truth except Allah and bearing witness that Muhammad (Sallallahu alaihi wa sallam) is the Messenger of Allah, establishing the Salah, paying the Zakat, fasting the month of Ramadan, and making Hajj once in a lifetime for the one who has the ability[10]. And the proof of the Shahaadah is his saying, Ta’aala: Allah bears witness that La ilaaha illa huwa (none has the right to be worshipped in truth except He), and the angels, and those who possess knowledge (also bear witness); (He always) maintains his creation in justice. La ilaaha ill huwa (none has the right to be worshipped in the truth except He), The All-Mighty, The All-Wise. Surah Aali ‘Imran (3):18

The proof that Muhammad (SAS) is the Messenger of Allah[11] is His saying, Ta’aala: Muhammad is not the father of any of your men, but he is the Messenger of Allah and the seal (last) of the prophets. Surah Ahzab (33):40

The proof of Ikhlaas (sincerity)[12] in worship and the proof of Salaah and Zakaat is His saying Ta’aala: And they were not commanded except to worship Allah alone making the Deen (religion) pure and sincerely for Him alone, and to establish the Salaah (prayer) and to pay the Zakat, and that is the right Deen (religion) Surah Bayyinah (98):5

And the proof of Fasting is His saying, Ta’aala: O you who believe! Observing the Fast (Sawm) has been prescribed for you just as it has been prescribed for those before you, so that you may become of those that have Taqwaa (fear of Allah and keeping your duty to Him) Surah Baqarah (2):183

And the proof of Hajj is His saying, Ta’aala: And Hajj to the house (Ka’Bah) is a right that Allah has over mankind for those that have the ability to perform it and whoever disbelieves, then Allah is by no way in need of the ‘Aalameen (mankind, jinn, and all in existence)! Surah Aali ‘Imran (3):97

The foundations of Eemaan are six: To believe in Allah, His angels, His books, His messengers, The Last Day, and the Qadr (divine decree), the good of it and the bad of it.[13]

As for Ihsaan (perfection in worship), it is to worship Allah as though you see Him and if you are not able to achieve this then worship Him knowing that He sees you.[14]

So if it said to you, Who is your prophet? Then reply saying: Muhammad bin ‘Abdullah bin ‘Abdul-Muttalib bin Haashim, and Haashim is from the Quraish and the Quraish is from the ‘Arab and the ‘Arab is from the progeny of Isma’eel bin Ibraheem Al-Khaleel (the close friend of Allah) may the utmost peace and blessings of Allah be upon our prophet, Ibraheem, and Ismaa’eel. The homeland of the prophet Muhammad is Makkah and he (Sallallahu alaihi wa sallam) made Hijrah (migrated) to Medinah. His lifespan was 63 years, 40 of them were before His prophethood and 23 of them were as a prophet and messenger. He became a prophet with Surah ‘Alaq,[15] and he became a messenger with Surah Muddaththir [16].

And if it said to you, Has he died or is he still living? Then reply saying: He has died and his religion remains until the establishment of the Hour, and the proof is His saying, Ta’aala: Truly, You (O Muhamaad) will die, and surely they too will die. Then on the Day of Resurrection you will be disputing before your Lord Surah Zumar (39):30-31

And all of the people that have died will be resurrected, and the proof is His saying, Ta’aala: From it (the earth) We have created you and unto it you shall return and from it We will bring you out once more Surah Taha (20):55

And whoever denies believing in this resurrection is a Kaafir (one who disbelieves in Allah) and the proof is His saying, Ta’aala: Those who disbelieve claim that they will never be resurrected. Say: Yes! By my Rabb (Lord) you will certainly be resurrected, then you will be informed (and recompensed) for your actions, and that is easy for Allah Surah Taghaabun (64):7

And may many peace and blessings be upon Muhammad, his family and his companions.

Foot Note:

[1] And He, Ta’aala says:

Surely, His is the creation and the Commandment Surah A’Raf (7):54 Sufyaan bin ‘Uyainah and other than him have said regarding this Ayah (verse): The creation is the creation of Allah, The Blessed, The Exalted. As for the Commandment, it is the Qur’an.

Note in this Ayah (verse) Allah has made a separation between the creation and the Qur’an. This is a proof that the Qur’an is not created since Allah did not include the Qur’an as part of His creation in this Ayah (verse).

Allah, Ta’aala says: And if any one of the Mushrikeen (those who commit shirk with Allah) seek your protection, then grant them protection – So that they may hear the speech (Kalaam) of Allah (i.e. The Qur’an) Surah Taubah (9):6

Ash-Shaafi’ee has said: The Qur’an is the speech (Kalaam) of Allah and it is not created. Whoever says it is created is a Kaafir (one who disbelieves in Allah).

[Ash-Sharee’ah]

Abu Haatim Ar-Raazee and Abu Zur’ah Ar-Raazee have both said: Whoever claims the Qur’an is created is a Kaafir (disbeliever) in Allah, The Magnificent, and this Kufr (disbelief) takes him outside the fold of Islam. Whoever has doubt in his Kufr (thinking he may not have committed Kufr) from those that understand the issue then he, too, is a Kaafir. Whoever has doubt regarding the speech (Kalaam) of Allah and halts therein doubtfully saying: I don’t know. Is the Qur’an created or not created? He is a Jahmee. As for whoever halts therein with regards to the Qur’an ignorantly , He is taught, he has fallen into heresy, but he is not taken outside the fold of Islam (i.e. Takfeer is not to be made of Him).

[The Foundation of the Sunnah and the Creed of the Deen]

Ahmad bin Hanbal has said: The Qur’an is the speech (Kalaam) of Allah and it is not created. One is not too weak to say it isn’t created. Truly, the speech (Kalaam) of Allah is not separate from Him, and nothing from His actions is created.

[Foundations of the Sunnah]

‘Umar (RA) has said: The Qur’an is the speech (Kalaam) of Allah. Do not twist and change it with your opinions.

[Ash-Sharee’ah]

[2] Ibn Taymiyyah has defined ‘Ibaadah (worship) as: A comprehensive name that is inclusive of everything which Allah loves and is pleased with from statements and actions whether they be apparent or concealed.

[Al’Uboodiyyah]

[3] Tawheed is defined as: To single out Allah alone in all worship.

[The Three Fundamental Principles]

[4] Taa’ah is defined as: Obeying Allah in that which He ordered and abstaining from that which He prohibited.

[Explanation of the Four Principles]

[5] Ibn Qayyim has defined Taaghut saying: At-Taaghut is regarding anyone whom the ‘Abd (servant, slave) goes beyond bounds whether it be someone worshipped, followed, or obeyed. Muhammad bin ‘Abdul-Wahhab continues saying: The Taaghuts are numerous and the heads of the Taaghuts are five: Ibless may Allah curse him, whoever is worshipped and is pleased with that worship, whoever calls the people to the worship of himself, whoever calls to having any knowledge of the unseen, and whoever rules by other than what Allah revealed.

[6] The Salaf and the Imaams of the Ummah have defined Eemaan as: (Statement of the heart and the tongue, and action with the limbs). So it is statement, action and belief. It increases with obedience (Taa’ah) and decreases with sin.

[At-Tawheed Wa Al-Bayaan Shajarah Al-Eemaan]

From the proofs of Eemaan increasing are as follows:

Allah, Ta’aala, has said: So that they may increase in Eemaan upon their present Eemaan. Surah Fath (48):4

And He, Ta’aala has said: And it did not increase them, except in Eemaan and submission (to Allah) Surah Ahzab (33):22

And He, Ta’aala has said: But it only increased them in Eemaan, and they said: Allah (alone) is sufficient for us, and He is the best disposer of affairs (for us). Surah Imran (3):173

And He, Ta’aala has said: And that those who believe may increase in Eemaan Surah Muddaththir (74):31

And the proofs of it decreasing are as follows:

On the authority of Abu Hurariah (RA): The Messenger of Allah (SAS) has said: Eemaan has seventy and some odd branches. It’s uppermost part is the statement La ilaha ill Allah (None has the right to be worshipped in truth except Allah). And its lowest part is removing something harmful from the path, and Hayaa (shame and modesty) is a branch of Eemaan. [Related by Bukhaaree and Muslim]

On the authority of Abu Sa’eed Al-Khudree (RA): I heard the Messenger of Allah (SAS) saying: Whoever from amongst you sees an evil then he should change it with his hands. If he is not able to do this, then he should change it with his tongue, if he is not able to do this, then he should hate it in his heart, and that is the weakest of Eemaan. [Related by Muslim]

The statements of the Salaf regarding Eemaan are many, from them:

Abdullah bin Ahmad bin Hanbal said: I heard my father being asked about Irjaa (i.e. the beliefs of the Murji’ah), so he said: We say that Eemaan is statement and action, and it increases and decreases. If one fornicates and drinks alcohol His Eemaan decreases. [Kitab As-Sunnah Abdullah bin Ahmad bin Hanbal]

Yahyah Bin Ma’een has said: Eemaan is statement and action. It increases and decreases. [As-Sunnah Al-Khallaal]

It was said to Sufyaan bin ‘Uyainah: Does Eemaan increase and decrease? So he replied saying: Don’t you read the Qur’an?

But it only increased them in Eemaan

Surah Aali ‘Imran (3):173

And similar to this it is said in more than one place in the Qur’an. It was then said: And as for decreasing? So he replied saying: There is nothing that increases except that it decreases. [Related by Aajuree with a saheeh isnaad]

ibn Mas’ood (RA) had said: Allahumma zidnaa Eemaanan wa Yaqeenan wa Fiqhan (O Allah increase us in Eemaan, certainty, and understanding).

[Related by Al-Haafith in Al-Fath and he grades it as Saheeh]

Abdur-Rahmaan bin Abee Haatim has said: I asked my father (Abu Haatim Ar-Raazee) and Abu-Zur’ah (Ar-Raazee) – may Allah be pleased with them – about the Madhaahib (plural of Madhhab meaning a way) of Ahlus Sunnah regarding the fundamentals of the deen, what they know from the ‘Ulama (scholars) of all regions regarding this, and what they both believed from that. They both replied saying: We know from the ‘Ulama (scholars) of all regions from Hijaaz, ‘Iraaq, Egypt, Sham, and Yemen, that it is from their Madhhab that: Eemaan is statement and action. It increases and decreases¼ [Foundation of the Sunnah and the Creed of the Deen]

[7] The statement La ilaha ill Allah (none has the right to be worshipped in truth except Allah) has seven conditions, and they are: ‘Ilm (Knowledge), Yaqeen (Certainty), ‘Ikhlaas (Sincerity), Sidq (Truthfulness), Mahabbah (Love), Inqiyaad (Submission), and Qubool (Acceptance).

Some say the conditions are eight, and the eighth is Kufr (total disbelief) in Taaghut.

[8] Islam is defined as: Total submission to Allah with Tawheed and succumbing to Him with obedience (Taa’ah) as well as to disavow and disassociate oneself from Shirk and it’s people.

[9] Shirk is defined as: Calling upon other than Allah along with Allah.

[10] In the famous hadeeth of Jibreel, Jibreel said to the Messenger of Allah, Muhammad (SAS): Inform me about Islam. So the Messenger of Allah (SAS) replied: Islam is to bear witness that none has right to be worshipped in truth except Allah , and Muhammad (SAS) is the Messenger of Allah, to establish the Salaah (prayer), to pay the Zakaat, to fast the month of Ramadaan, and to make Hajj (once in a lifetime) for the one who has the ability to do so. [Related by Muslim]

[11] Allah Ta’aala has said: Muhammad (SAS) is no more than a messenger, and indeed many messengers have passed away before him. If he dies or is killed will you then turn back on your heels (as disbelievers)? And he who turns back on his heels, not the least harm will he do to Allah; and Allah will reward those who are grateful Surah Ali-Imraan (3):144

And His saying, Ta’aala: Muhammad (SAS) is the Messenger of Allah. And those that are with him are severe against the disbelievers and merciful amongst themselves. You see them bowing and falling down prostrate (in prayer). Surah Fath (48):29

And meaning of Muhammad (SAS) is the messenger of Allah is: Obeying him (Taa’ah) in that which he has commanded, believing that which he informed of, abstaining from that which he prohibited and forbade, and to not worship Allah except by what he has prescribed.

[12] Ikhlaas is defined as (That a person intends with His worship to get closer to Allah Ta’aala and to intend to reach and attain the land of his dignity (i.e. Jennah wallahu a’lam)). That is, the servant should be sincere for the sake of Allah Ta’aala alone in his intentions, sincere for the sake of Allah Ta’aala alone in his love, sincere for the sake of Allah Ta’aala alone in his glorification, sincere for the sake of Allah Ta’aala alone outwardly and inwardly not intending nor wanting with his worship anything except the face of Allah Ta’aala and reaching the land of His diginity (i.e. Jennah wallhu a’lam), as He has said, Ta’aala:

Say: Indeed, my Salaah (prayer), my sacrifice, my living, and my dying are for Allah (alone), the Lord (Rabb) of the ‘Aalameen (mankind, Jinn, and all in existence). He has no partner. With this I have been commanded and I am the first of the Muslims Surah An’aam (6):162-163

And His saying, Ta’aala: And turn in repentance and in obedience (with Tawheed and true faith (Eemaan)) to your Lord (alone) and submit to Him (alone with Islam) Surah Zumar (39):54

And His saying Ta’aala: And your Ilah (God) is one Ilah (God-Allah) La illahailla huwa (none has the right to be worshipped in Truth except He) The Most Merciful, The Bestower of Mercy Surah Hajj (22):34

[Sharh Usool As-Sittah]

[13] In the famous hadeeth of Jibreel, Jibreel said to the prophet (SAS): Inform me about Eemaan. The prophet (SAS) responded saying: To believe in Allah, His angels, His books, His messengers, The Last Day, and to believe in Qadr (divine decree), the good of it and the bad of it. [Related by Muslim]

[14] Again in the famous hadeeth of Jibreel, Jibreel said to the prophet (SAS): Inform me about Ihsaan (perfection in worship). The prophet (SAS) responded saying: It is to worship Allah as though you see Him, and if you are not able to achieve this then worship Him knowing that He sees you. [Related by Muslim]

[15] Allah Ta’aala has said: Read! In the name of your Lord (Rabb) who has created (all that exists). He has created man from a clot of blood. Read! And your Lord (Rabb) is The Most Generous. Who has taught by the pen. He has taught man that which he knew not. Surah ‘Alaq (96):1-5

[16] Allah Ta’aala has said: O You (Muhammad) (SAS) enveloped in garments! Arise and warn! Magnify your Lord! And purify your garments ! And keep away from Ar-Rujz (idols)! And give not a thing in order to have more. And be patient for the sake of your Lord! Surah Muddaththir (74):1-7

um muhammad al-mahdi

لا اله الا الله محمد رسول الله
Staff member
:salam2: aless,

insh'Allah everything is going to be sort out. Now it's the start of you being a muslim and going through the "tests of patience" alhamdulillah!. First of all, what I can suggest you is to don't behave in a rude way with them. Have patience and ALWAYS use kind words with them. There's lots of ignorance around and people don't really know the teachings of Islam. As we always say: Islam is a Perfect Religion, People aren't! We can't expect to find good muslims everywhere subhan'Allah but the best we can do is to deal with others the way the Qur'an thought us and, doing so, the ways of the Prophets and Sahaba mash'Allah!
Try to find a place where to stay by yourself, maybe ask other muslims in your community, you could find sisters ready to help you insh'Allah! I repeat: have patience and, whenever you feel stressed or something, pray asking Allah to give you more strenght insh'Allah!

PS: if you need further advices feel free to PM me insh'Allah ;)

:salam2:

muslimah-2k8

Islam is Anti-terrorism

What Does Islam Say about Terrorism?

Islam, a religion of mercy, does not permit terrorism. In the Quran, God has said:

God does not forbid you from showing kindness and dealing justly with those who have not fought you about religion and have not driven you out of your homes. God loves just dealers. (Quran, 60:8)

The Prophet Muhammad used to prohibit soldiers from killing women and children, and he would advise them: {...Do not betray, do not be excessive, do not kill a newborn child.} And he also said: {Whoever has killed a person having a treaty with the Muslims shall not smell the fragrance of Paradise, though its fragrance is found for a span of forty years.}

Also, the Prophet Muhammad has forbidden punishment with fire.

He once listed murder as the second of the major sins, and he even warned that on the Day of Judgment, {The first cases to be adjudicated between people on the Day of Judgment will be those of bloodshed.}

Muslims are even encouraged to be kind to animals and are forbidden to hurt them. Once the Prophet Muhammad said: {A woman was punished because she imprisoned a cat until it died. On account of this, she was doomed to Hell. While she imprisoned it, she did not give the cat food or drink, nor did she free it to eat the insects of the earth.}

He also said that a man gave a very thirsty dog a drink, so God forgave his sins for this action. The Prophet was asked, “Messenger of God, are we rewarded for kindness towards animals?” He said: {There is a reward for kindness to every living animal or human.}

Additionally, while taking the life of an animal for food, Muslims are commanded to do so in a manner that causes the least amount of fright and suffering possible. The Prophet Muhammad said: {When you slaughter an animal, do so in the best way. One should sharpen his knife to reduce the suffering of the animal.}

In light of these and other Islamic texts, the act of inciting terror in the hearts of defenseless civilians, the wholesale destruction of buildings and properties, the bombing and maiming of innocent men, women, and children are all forbidden and detestable acts according to Islam and the Muslims. Muslims follow a religion of peace, mercy, and forgiveness, and the vast majority have nothing to do with the violent events some have associated with Muslims. If an individual Muslim were to commit an act of terrorism, this person would be guilty of violating the laws of Islam.

Source : http://www.islam-guide.com/ch3-11.htm

For more,

http://www.islamdenouncesterrorism.com/mainarticle.html

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~
:salam2: aless,

insh'Allah everything is going to be sort out. Now it's the start of you being a muslim and going through the "tests of patience" alhamdulillah!. First of all, what I can suggest you is to don't behave in a rude way with them. Have patience and ALWAYS use kind words with them. There's lots of ignorance around and people don't really know the teachings of Islam. As we always say: Islam is a Perfect Religion, People aren't! We can't expect to find good muslims everywhere subhan'Allah but the best we can do is to deal with others the way the Qur'an thought us and, doing so, the ways of the Prophets and Sahaba mash'Allah!
Try to find a place where to stay by yourself, maybe ask other muslims in your community, you could find sisters ready to help you insh'Allah! I repeat: have patience and, whenever you feel stressed or something, pray asking Allah to give you more strenght insh'Allah!

PS: if you need further advices feel free to PM me insh'Allah ;)

I agree 100 % with ukhti ukht1,there are hard times and they do pass,all you have to do is stay firm ,be patient and be calm because you know that this is the truth Alhamdulillah :)
:wasalam:

Zafran

Muslim Brother
salaam

As the brothers and sisters have said before be patient, You will hear a lot of negative things but ultimately Islam is the right path without a doubt.

Kulsumfatima

Proud to be a Muslim
assalam

Assalamu alaikum

Dear sister alhamdulillah that Allah subhanawataala has shown you the right way.
for torturing questions I'll advise you to go through the books of SHIEKH AHMED DIDAT he has really studied christianity and isam very closely and has also the answers the question of non muslims very logically and precisely.

justcelebre

Salam Sister,

I guess this is an obstacle that would probably need lots of patience. It is too bad that they are ignorant about what Islam truly is about so perhaps if you sit them down and explain to them (when they are ready to listen of course), they might actually understand something about it.. Take this as a challenge- Probably your iman is being tested here and whether you'll be swayed by their negative comments about Islam. InsyaAllah, you won't if you truly believe in Islam.

I remember hearing a convert said this (I think it's from the Sister who was captured by Taliban and later became muslim) that "Islam is a perfect religion but the people practising it are not". So how can your sister and her boyfriend merely judge our religion according to how other muslims behave? You can't judge the religion by just looking at the people practising it. In that case, we can also judge christians/catholics as being violent people too. For example, in Italy, the mafias are Catholics; the conflict in Ireland between Catholics and Protestants and are regarded as terrorists in Ireland. etc. Other religions like the Hindus in India who would burn people who choose not to belive in their religion. It's happening at this instance in India.

I guess if they are still quite dubious about what Islam truly is, you can always give them the Quran or even better take quotes from Quran itself and show them what is being taught to us. And of course, never fail to pray for them so that their veiled minds are more open to what Islam truly is. InsyaAllah.

cmelbouzaidi

Assalamu alaikum

Dear sister alhamdulillah that Allah subhanawataala has shown you the right way.
for torturing questions I'll advise you to go through the books of SHIEKH AHMED DIDAT he has really studied christianity and isam very closely and has also the answers the question of non muslims very logically and precisely.

:salam2: I agree, this is good advice, sister :) I know it is very hard when family members turn against you or make outrageous illogical statements about Islam. Let's think about what people of other religions have done using religion to aid their perverted goal. The racist Apartheid regime in South Africa used the bible to dehumanize black people so the Dutch white Christian occupiers would not feel bad treating the natives worse than one would treat a farm animal, :astag: The KKK went around waving a swastika in one hand and the bible in the other as they linched and tortured innocent black people in the Southern States of America day in and day out for decades and they still are continuing this today. Do we blame Christianity for harboring racist torturous murderers, terrorists in every sense of the word?? I know I do not because I know better.

Many Catholic priests have been accused of paedophilia and homosexual acts with children all over the world. Would I be so judgemental as to say that the Catholic Church breeds paedophilia and promotes it? No, because any level-headed person knows that this is a case of priests using their "power" over children to get what they want in the same way that these cases emerge with sports teachers and other adults in positions of authority all over the world. (Of course, giving a human being such a position of authority to represent "God" for the followers is another issue that I oppose immensely).

I guarantee that the percentage of paedophiles in the Catholic Church and blatant racist terrorists in the Protestant Church far outways the percentage of so-called Muslim terrorists killing people in the name of Allah, :astag: Yet, these are terrorists that have committed terrible crimes against the weakest and the most vulnerable.... Are we going to label Christianity a religion of terrorists.... no, because we are Muslim and Allah is the True Judge.

Also, you can hardly call a religion of 1.6 billion people a cult!!!! That is just absurd. Also, we do not need the tears of the Iranian lady.... we should be crying for her.... She confused the true message of Islam with the practices of Khomenei but Allah guides only whom He wills :)

Do not despair, dear sister. You have found the Truth and will not be held accountable for any misguided person's actions in front of Allah on the Day of Judgement. We will each be responsible for our own deeds. Do not let them get to you, they are just ignorant and afraid :) Be kind to them and you never know what might develop in time :)

justcelebre

Salam,

This is probably not really related to what you're experiencing but just to add:

Even some of our own muslims think we are terrorist so we can't blame non-muslims for thinking that way.

A few days ago, I showed a muslim friend a picture of me with niqab on. His immediate response was: You look like a terrorist. I'm like: Hello? How can you think of your own muslim people like that- just because I wear a niqab, I am a terrorist?

I really think the media really spoilt the image of Islam. Goodness, will there ever come a day where they would actually report something truthful?

TiffanyM

Selaam Alaykum Sister,

SubhanAllah for becoming muslim. I am so proud and excited for you. I am also a convert to Islam. I feel that everyone faces a test from Allah. I understand how you feel about coming home to non-muslims that are not supportive. Many non-muslims view on Islam is from the media and cultural views not the religion it's self. I sugget that you should continue to move soon. It has helped me a lot to be more involved in the community. You need to be around other muslims that support and help you learn more about Islam. InshAllah everything will workout. It is always hard at first for close non-muslims. My brother that's 21 is having a hard time with it still and I have been a muslim for a year AlhumdiAllah.

:tti_sister:

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman

when i read this sister's story, i get really angry. not because something she said or did. not because her relatives are hateful towards islam. i can kind of understand that, if people have had bad experiences it's hard for them to let go. it's not right to continue to carry that baggage but i understand. what gets me angry is that the real blame needs to be put on bad muslims that do things in the name of islam, that are unislamic and contrary to our beliefs. there are nearly 2 billion of us muslims in the world and yet the minority of a few thousand ( extremists ) have become our public face.

many muslims here in america speak out against these people associated with violence, but i'm telling you the rest of the muslim world is just silent.

aless

HELP IM SO SCARE + a question for all of you

As'salaamu Alaikum

I am so scared that my parents will have a heart attack and really will think that I have mental health problems that I am turning to an unknown religion only because Im going through a phase of depression - they will say to me "how can you accept to cover yourself?" "how can you accept not to date men anymore?"

and I will say I will leave to Allah to find me a good husband and covering myself helps me deal with all social situations much better - because I know that when I am talking to somebody or somebody talks to me it's because of what I am saying not even think about having other intentions. It's easier life - and praying is the most beautiful experience - it really makes me feel closer to the creator and pure and it helps me study and focus on what's important.

But they will think I am mad and will be upset with me so much - I am truthfully scared when I am talking to my dad I think I betrayed him and my family - nonetheless I am happy where I am now!! - because i know that by following Islam I cannot make any mistakes because right and wrong is explained to me all the way -- I know this is a test for my faith - it'd be so much easier to go back to the old ways but that cannot happen now that I found the truth

Regarding my sis boyfriend - he was really aggressive last night and I am upset about it but I have this calmness inside that I have never had before - my parents know that I cannot live with them but I will need to be patient for a while longer (financially is so hard)- maybe they'll see the changes and I'll make duas for them and ask Allah to forgive me for being there with them a little while longer.... I cannot do wrong things but I cannot break my sister into pieces - she is so weak and doesnt understand the good from the bad

by the way can anybody explain this to me:

and if he apostasis after that, his head should be chopped off, according to hadith "whoever changes his religion, kill him" Fatawa Islamiya, Islamic Verdicts Volume 5
found at the East London Mosque

(report by Policy Exchange a right wing think tank)

THANK YOU SO MUCH TO ALL AGAIN - reading your answers helps me a lot
I LOVE THIS WEBSITE

I REALLY HOPE NOBODY WILL EVER CHANGE MY MIND - PLEASE MAKE DUAS FOR ME THAT I WILL BE STRONG ENOUGH TO COPE

muslimah-2k8

Apostasy in Islam

We can divide apostates in three categories and see how each category is to be treated:

1) An apostate leaves Islam because of ignorance of Islam or some confusion that leads him to think that his new religion or way is truer and better. Such a person will be willing to listen to the Muslims if they want to show him that he has made a mistake. The Muslims should treat him kindly and argue with him in the best possible way. (60:8, 16:125). But Muslims should be careful not to show him more kindness than they show to other Muslims, for, otherwise the apostate may be encouraged to stay an apostate.

2) An apostate leaves Islam, not out of a belief that he is moving to something truer and better, but to satisfy some of his worldly desires, e. g., to get greater importance or more comfortable life or greater acceptance of his lifestyle such as homosexual lifestyle. A sign of such an apostate is that he shows little inclination to listen to any reasoning. If such an apostate does not engage in any hostile activity against Islam and Muslims, he should not be subjected to any active hostility (4:90). But since he has clearly preferred kufr over iman the following commandment of God will apply:

O you who believe! Do not take for friends and allies (even) your fathers and your brothers if they love disbelief more than faith: if any of you do so, they are the wrong doers. (9:23)

According to some traditions “this ayah was revealed concerning those nine men who after apostasy went to Makkah”.

Beyond avoiding friendship and alliance with apostates of this second type, the Muslims can impose boycott against them, since such boycott was imposed by the Prophet on the three Companions mentioned in 9:118. These three Companions did not commit apostasy but simply failed to join the Muslims in jihad without a good reason.

3) The third type of apostate is one who leaves Islam and then engages in hostile actions against Islam and Muslims, e.g. knowingly engages in propaganda against Islam and Muslims blatantly ignoring facts that he is expected to know well, passes secrets to the enemy, takes part in fighting against the Muslims. Such an apostate can be punished by anything from exile to death.

Alhamdulillah, Islam is the religion of peace and justice.

nizar83

aselemu aleikum aless....mashallah

your story brought tears to my eyes..in a positive way...
i think its best if you stay in touch with ur new brothers and sisters...i know its hard experiencing these things..but inshallah it will be just a fase, and inshallah you will come out stronger in faith and in ur personality..

its sad to see people labelling something as being stupid or brainwashed simply because they dont understand it..
ALLAH says in the quraan, that we ca not say we are believers..without expecting ALLAH to test us in this..

so stay strong sister..best of luck and be patience..allah is with the sabireen..the ones that are patient and rely on god.

Abu_Luqmann

Dear Sister,

You have definitely made the right decision.You are not naive, in fact you have been lucky to have received the hidaya (guidance) of Allah (swt).

103. Sura Al Asr
By (the Token of) Time (through the ages),

Verily Man is in loss,

Except those who believe and do good, and enjoin on each other truth, and enjoin on each other patience.

Salams

aless

Dear sister, Assalaamu Alaykum :)

A warm salute to you for finding the straight path. May God keep you and us strong and keep guiding you and us along the straight path.

You wrote,

You are living in a toxic environment. If there is anyway that you can move out, do so. If not, hold on to your faith and stay strong with God's help.

Are you paying half the rent? If so, they have no right to tell you how you can live in the apartment and you should tell them so in no uncertain terms. If not, keep doing what you're doing and try to minimize your interaction with them.

Drunkenness brings out the worst in a person because Satan takes over. Respect is not shown by blind following.

Religion is not a tradition, heritage or race. It's a choice, made freely by free people, of whom they believe is God and how best to connect to Him.

Last time I watched the news, it was the US and Europe who invaded Afghanistan and Iraq. I don't recall Muslim armies air raiding American cities.

There are many Christian-only and Jewish-only schools.

Those who do will be punished by God on the Day of Judgment. The Islamic Law mandates that terrorizing people is punished by death!

They should have been put in jail.

Those of them who do will be punished by God. The conduct of some Muslims does not necessarily represent Islam anymore than the conduct of Israeli soldiers represents Judaism or the conduct of Pat Robertson represents Christianity.

Those who get their view of the world from TV and Hollywood are the truly brainwashed. We all must use our minds and hearts to find the truth.

You are not naive, you are optimistic, such as a believer should be. All power is in the hands of God and when He wants peace to come it will come. We have to keep working for peace so that God will be pleased with our efforts and bring them to fruition one day.

Because the enemies of Islam keep hammering that point and the many lunatic Muslims who do terrorize the innocent give the enemy ammunition for their slander.

Life is a constant battle between good and evil because Satan has vowed to mislead the children of Adam away from God until the Day of Judgment. As the hadeeth of the prophet, peace be upon him states, believers walk a tight rope with temptations and provocations on both sides of the road at all times. However, as you have stated beautifully, once you know the truth you can't go back to darkness. "Verily the prize of God is expensive! Verily the prize of God is paradise," said the prophet, peace be upon him.

Thank you ALL SO MUCH - I know I keep repeating myself but thank you all for your support
Thank you for your reply (QUOTED) - I almost cried of joy to hear your concise answers because those are the things that I tried to say very patiently to him while he was shouting in the middle of the night!!!

and yes faith is the only answer - faith in Allah the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful

I was at the home of a few Muslim sisters I met through the mosque where I go to learn this evening who are teaching me to recite the prayers PROPERLY (one to one step by step lesson :))) and Arabic, inshaAllah - I talked to many sisters and yet again I was so happy to be understood and they've talked to me about the prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him) and it felt so good to be with them, learn and be together - and all day I felt worried but yet quite calm even though i did not know what to do with the situation AT ALL, I did not know what to expect when going back home after work and the meeting with the sisters.

then I came back home and my sister's boyfriend apologised for his behaviour (i could not believe it but I tried not to look surprised to be honest!), he said he felt awful all day about it (now i didnt expect that at all) and I said to him not to worry, everybody makes mistakes, I am not the one that is to judge other people, and that only Allah is perfect we are just human beings...

I still want to move out asapas I don't want to ruin the bond I have with my sister AND obviously because I CANNOT LIVE like this but until this is feasible I will have to be patient - have faith - and work on my religion inshaAlla

Assalaamu Alaykum

Peace :hijabi:

Zaynab123

Subhana Allah!
Thank you ALL SO MUCH - I know I keep repeating myself but thank you all for your support
Thank you for your reply (QUOTED) - I almost cried of joy to hear your concise answers because those are the things that I tried to say very patiently to him while he was shouting in the middle of the night!!!

and yes faith is the only answer - faith in Allah the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful

I was at the home of a few Muslim sisters I met through the mosque where I go to learn this evening who are teaching me to recite the prayers PROPERLY (one to one step by step lesson :))) and Arabic, inshaAllah - I talked to many sisters and yet again I was so happy to be understood and they've talked to me about the prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him) and it felt so good to be with them, learn and be together - and all day I felt worried but yet quite calm even though i did not know what to do with the situation AT ALL, I did not know what to expect when going back home after work and the meeting with the sisters.

then I came back home and my sister's boyfriend apologised for his behaviour (i could not believe it but I tried not to look surprised to be honest!), he said he felt awful all day about it (now i didnt expect that at all) and I said to him not to worry, everybody makes mistakes, I am not the one that is to judge other people, and that only Allah is perfect we are just human beings...

I still want to move out asapas I don't want to ruin the bond I have with my sister AND obviously because I CANNOT LIVE like this but until this is feasible I will have to be patient - have faith - and work on my religion inshaAlla

Assalaamu Alaykum

Peace :hijabi:

Asalamu alaykum

masha Allah! thats faith right yes you got faith. i cannot believe that you converted a while a go and you know so much about islam. masha Allah! may Allah bless you and guide your sister and her husband AmiiN. i wish you the best side of ISLAM my Sis....:hijabi:.....:hijabi:

wasalam

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Assalaamu'Alaykum

Alhamdu'Lillaah, that your situation has improved.

I was going to reply, but then brother Ayman1 replied so decided not too as there was many other replies too, Alhamdu'Lillaah.

May Allaah continue to show you His blessings and bestow upon you happiness and light upon light.

Ameen.

Walaykum Salaam.