Short question regarding a topic in school

Der Fragende

ahlu-sunnah.com
:salam2: dear brothers and sisters,

as the title says, I have a short question:

For the following two years, I have to choose two subjects in school to specialize in.
My first subject will be 'English', the second 'Biology'.

The problem/question is:
One topic in the 'advanced biology course' will be evolution.
It's a bit inconvenient for me, but I have no other choice. (If I knew before, I would choose something else, but now it's nearly impossible.)

What do you recommend?
Would it be okay, to cheat my way thorugh, as long as this topic will be discussed?

:wasalam:

~Ali_

Fixing da foundation
Assalamualaikum, when you mean "evolution" what do u mean - will you be taught evolution? or do you like have an assignment on it or something?

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman

For the following two years, I have to choose two subjects in school to specialize in.

The problem/question is:
It's a bit inconvenient for me, but I have no other choice. (If I knew before, I would choose something else, but now it's nearly impossible.)

What do you recommend?
Would it be okay, to cheat my way thorugh, as long as this topic will be discussed?

:salam2:

remember, that you're really learning the theory of evolution, because that's all that it is; a theory. they may believe in it, but they can never prove it.

pcozzy

The problem/question is:

What do you recommend?

I think cheating your way through it is very bad.

You are not doing anything wrong by taking the class, but you are spending money on the education and it would be good to have something that would benefit you in life. Try the best you can to enroll in a better class and if you have no choice like you said then do it and ask Allah subhanna wata3alla to make something good come from it. You never know who may be next to you in class that will be enlightened with the truth.

just my 2 cents

Der Fragende

ahlu-sunnah.com
First of all, thank you for the posts.
I hope, others will also reply.

Assalamualaikum, when you mean "evolution" what do u mean - will you be taught evolution? or do you like have an assignment on it or something?

Yes, we will deal with the topic for some months, as it looks like.
I don't know, how far this will go.
In the end of the topic, we will, I assume, write a test about it or something like that.
So, it will be like maths, when you have to learn rules and procedures and then you have to do given tasks in the test oder at home, while discussing the topic at school.

remember, that you're really learning the theory of evolution, because that's all that it is; a theory. they may believe in it, but they can never prove it.

Yes, that's true.
And I am informing myself about this theory, on sites against it, because if you 'analyze' this in detail, you see, that this theory can't be proven.
Even people, who try to protect it, have doubts, like Ali Demirsoy or Douglas Futuyma etc.

I think cheating your way through it is very bad.

You are not doing anything wrong by taking the class, but you are spending money on the education and it would be good to have something that would benefit you in life. Try the best you can to enroll in a better class and if you have no choice like you said then do it and ask Allah subhanna wata3alla to make something good come from it. You never know who may be next to you in class that will be enlightened with the truth.

just my 2 cents

By cheating I wanted to say, whether it would be okay to choose this course and somehow try 'to bear' the atmoshpere there.
I made the experience that there are many pupils with a limited view.
Many of them accept or would accept that - it wouldn't matter, whether it is a theory or not. (As I said before, only if you 'analyze' this topic in detail, you are able to say, whether it's wrong or not, but most of the people would not, I assume.)
Besides, most of the pupil aren't religious; but rather atheists (some of them, I assume, are against religion. They think belivers are blind followers, stupid dreaming etc., but this refers to them too, when they don't go depper in this topic.)

The point is:
Many pupils will take this theory as a fact.

But there could be a good point:
If most of the pupil take this theory as a fact (I hope not, but Allah knows what will happen) and the teacher gets the impression that all of them are 'believing' this, I can do a skilled work about evolution and can try to prove (in a scientific way of course) that evolution is just, as nyerekareem said, a theory.
At least, it would be Dawah. (The teacher have to read the work, so maybe it will have some positive effects :inshallah:.)
Furthermore, it can be a good choice, because I don't think that evolution, or parts of it, will be 'analyzed' by other pupils. (Only Allah knows.)