Staring

Abu-Zakaria

Assalaam Alaykum

Sister Storm,

I am sure u are a type of a waman with max self confidence. I kow You know that Allah (SW) does test us in different ways. Maybe those men who gaze at you are a part of your tests from Allah (SW). The best thing you do for urself is....u dont pay attention to them. You as a Muslima, and for all of us, we are supposed to have a purpose in ur lives and that refects on every aspect of ur lives even when we walk from pint A to point B, so if you stick with your purpose you make things much easier for uyrself.

Ishallah, you will forgive those who looked at u with bad intentions and those who will keep looking at u. Having patience is rewarding much more thn what we think or know. Islam is that beautiful

jazakkallah

Abu-Zakaria

massi

:salam2:
eh ...maybe the woman is beautiful ...:lol: :lol: :lol: specially with the covered

Nooraddyn

Allah Akbar
Its Funny we all talk about hijaab for the women but first came the hijaab for the men
The same problem which the sister concerned about is mentioned in the Qur'an

30. Say to the believing men that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty: that will make for greater purity for them: And Allah is well acquainted with all that they do.

31. And say to the believing women that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty; that they should not display their beauty and ornaments except what (must ordinarily) appear thereof; that they should draw their veils over their bosoms and not display their beauty except to their husbands, their fathers, their husband's fathers, their sons, their husbands' sons, their brothers or their brothers' sons, or their sisters' sons, or their women, or the slaves whom their right hands possess, or male servants free of physical needs, or small children who have no sense of the shame of sex; and that they should not strike their feet in order to draw attention to their hidden ornaments. And O ye Believers! turn ye all together towards Allah, that ye may attain Bliss.

(Surah 24. An-Nur (Light) 30 &31)

Salaam

Amir_of_spain

Men are more visual then women, also some sisters wear the hijab with style and with others its a nightmare, so thats why some bros might stare and think yeah she looks good, i want a partner like this, or man that looks ulgy, i'll pass on that. As for going to the iman, thats just absurd because how can i go to my local iman just because i saw some random hijabi in town, first thing i would do is gather intelligence, get some info through friends and family. After finding out shes all good and her family is managable only then would the conditions feel viable enough to proceed ahead.

AmIR

justoneofmillion

If Men stare so they (including me) are not fit to be called as "Believers"

Salaam
:salam2: It is without question a sin!It may mean that they may not have enough takwa if it happends all the time it means they don t have takwa at all maybe in that matter Allah swt has made marriage halal they got an option to behave more wisely but nowadays this is not easy either there are a lot of factor to be taken into account.

In any case that doesn t make of them unbelievers akhi i hope you did not mean that we should pray Allah swt gives them sabr we should encourage marriage and let the imams educate parents most of all about it as they are most of the time the main obstacle with this modern age mentality of" finish your school get you degree and you can marry when you are about 27 28 or even later" lol We have different stakes than in the past we have to find a way again to promote marriage based upon iman first before the bling bling in the collective behaviors of our communities!

It would be wiser to advice them to immediately repent than to categorically "send them to hell" by some gambling statement the outcome of which resides in the hands of al Jabbar alone jalla wa alaa!We have to be very cautious and discerning in these kind of issues with the weight of words.

To Allah Azza wa jal we shall all return for the accounts anyways as he knows best who is and who is not worth to be called a believers not us.Hope you are not offended by what i said but i thought it was important to highlight.Love you for the sake of Allah swt.Ramadan mubarak

wassalaam
respectfully
jameel

Tru3m0sl3m

Brother in ISLAM
Men are more visual then women, also some sisters wear the hijab with style and with others its a nightmare, so thats why some bros might stare and think yeah she looks good, i want a partner like this, or man that looks ulgy, i'll pass on that. As for going to the iman, thats just absurd because how can i go to my local iman just because i saw some random hijabi in town, first thing i would do is gather intelligence, get some info through friends and family. After finding out shes all good and her family is managable only then would the conditions feel viable enough to proceed ahead.

AmIR

Assalamoalaikum brother, what i meant with my previous post was that one shouldn't be staring at a girl whether she is covered or NOT for AnY REASON. If he's sincerely looking for a partner. He can ask his guardians to get him a good wife who "covers from head to toe like a sister who passed by me the other day and i couldn't stop STARIN AT HER" or go the imam of the nearby mosque to get a wife "like the girl who was covered from head to toe".. Jazakallah khair.

Muslim18

Blessed Muslimah
Asalamu alaykum

iam a sister and i get stares you just can feel when someone is staring its weird and when u look they look away i dont mind a glance but the annoying thing is when they stare and then say asalamu alykum sister in that kinda of voice as to say how you doing its really annoying but i dont reply to them because i think they just wanna hear my voice or start a conversation but is it wrong not to reply to a salam? iam confused

Amir_of_spain

wailkium salam Tru3, bro i have to disagree with you big time, if i go to the local mosque about finding a partner, they would be shocked and probably say why you asking us? go ask your parents, and if i do this then i most likely will be pointed towards my cousin who is from abroad. I don't want to marry just 'anybody' , at least i should be interested in the person, also i have to put other factors into consideration ie personality compatibility? living arrangements? career women or housewife? ...and 'looks' (very important). If i happen to notice (aka stare) at a hijabi or non-hijabi in my town, and happen to become curious about her (interested), then i perfectly have the right to persue her in terms of marriage material. Not everybody wants to marry their own cousin or their mother's friends daughter, or some next random muslima whom you don't know or have anything in common with.
And sisters... just continue doing your window shopping... peace!! lol

amIR

Idris16

^^^ U can find ur own future wife, without the help of parents. im sure u know that bbut had to write it.

msaeed

SalaamualikumwerahmetAllaahewabarkatuh,

I completely understand where you sisters are coming from. And you know what, shying away, or staying quiet is not necessarily the answer. You sisters have a right to protect yourselves from mens' lustful glances and the that get into everyone's heads.

From personal experience I can tell you that for the men that just continue to stare at you, or even approach you, and perhaps start talking or saying something perverse, then BE TOUGH. There are alot of perverted people out there, some of whom are Muslim men. And they act like they are the predators and us sisters are the prey. Should you be scared and show that you are uneasy? NO. Look at them straight in the eye and show them attitude. Look them 'up and down' as if you are disgusted and stay away. If you have to speak up to get them to back off then SPEAK UP in a direct, and strict manner that shows them you are NOT one to be made a fool of, or one that can be easily approached.

I understand that we should keep our gaze down as well, but it really depends on which type of men you're talking about. Perverted men you must show them that you're not this vulnerable girl that they can play around with or harass, and if that means getting straight in their face and telling them to stop looking or that you're not interested then "Just Do It"-This is your dignity and protection we're talking about.

With Muslim men who maybe just keep glancing back at you, perhaps really for marital proposals, then what I find best is to show absolutely no concern-get off of your seat on the bus and go somewhere else, stick a book in your face, etc and InshAllaah they get the point. If they try to approach you, then be strict in your voice and tell them you are not interested. Otherwise, just remind them, 'please dont stare; remember Allaah'.

And of course, as a reminder to us sisters, including myself, we shouldnt be giving them anything to stare at in the first place. This is crucial because so many times we feel hurt and abused by men looking and approaching us, that we focus on them only being the problem and not realizing that perhaps we are contributing to their actions. What I mean by this, is a woman can be wearing a scarf around her head, but her body curves still show-clothes that are too tight, etc. Or she could be wearing Abayah and scarf yet she has eyeliner, shadow and lip gloss, perfume on. Or even just showing that you have an 'approachable' personality, by smiling all the time, laughing etc can make it easier for a man to approach you, rather than the hijabi beside you, who seems a little more serious (i.e in front of men and not in front of her friends)

I know I wrote a lot but I just get so enraged when men stare and at the point where I am now, I understand how important it is for a woman to defend herself (esp when she doesnt have someone who can do that for her, like a mehram), esp around perverted men.

For the brothers out there, Allaah forgives the first glance but that doesnt mean you specifically and intentionally look at each woman that passes by at least just one time, thinking 'its halal'. If youre looking for marriage, then InshAllaah do it in the most halal possible method. If you have a sister in mind then its all the more reason to stay away from her and guard your gazes and thoughts since you have her in mind for marriage. Also, if automatically you pick up the clue that the sister is uncomfortable, then perhaps you should take this as a sign to mean she is not interested in the first place and just stay away.

*No offence meant to anyone, InshAllaah forgive me if I sound rude; im just extremely passionate about this issue because sisters are always scared and dont know how to defend themselves and there are just soo many perverted men out there, SubhanAllaah and AstaghferAllaah.

SalaamualikumwerahmetAllaahewabarkatuh.

justoneofmillion

:salam2:Now that is really overreacting seriously sister! do you think that women are running out of the world subhanallah to portray all men perverted if they just happened accidentally or circumstantially to look at a sister?

For example if a sister is working at a super market and you have to do your groceries! what deos one have to do !not talk not look! speak rudely to her when paying or ignore her to the point of not saying salaam!

Allow me please to tell you something. It happened to me that a came across sisters in everyday life, i didn t know them they didn t know me,but when a see them dressed modestly like that by accident and being humble it makes me proud! nothing more as a brother a appreciate the dignity and keep my appreciation to myself.I dont care about the look or shape subhanallah even if it was a retired grandma with no hair and one leg she would still make me feel proud when dressing modestly doesn t have to be Helen of Troy .

And no i dont look at a sister for any reason you might think of astarfirullah in the contrary but am not gonna leave the place without saying salaam , i behave normally as a human being not as an animal! for example it happened to me that i would help a sister up the stairs in the open! because it was too heavy on her to carry the groceries with the baby what am i gonna do when i see that?! ignore and walk by ...am sorry no i say salaam i help up the stairs say salaam again and carry on my way without any sick thought! Or that a sister came to ask me to translate something she did not understand and i could help..and on and on If it were for that subhanallah were i live it is women who run after men not the other way around you ll be surprised .

I really t didn t like that fact that you made it seem as if all men were perverted because it is totally wrong remember you are talking to brothers in here...And nowadays there are as much perverted women as there are perverted men.The relation between man and women in islam is one of brotherhood and mutual respect.

In this modern world through feminism it s CIA PIMPS and their huge campaigns to capture hearts and minds , men and women have been made to despise each other speak bad on each other generalize and stereotype in every form their relation manifests itself they made this instinctive need for polarization a must to feed their sheep.

ALLAH swt has made us different but joined to serve the same purpose, the devil and his ubbad of the late sixties on the other hand made us believe we were the same the need for worldly happiness wasn t meant to be neglected for that matter but the methodology the philosophy it was based on that were designed to achieve this purposes condemned their addicts to be in a constant competition and affront with on another on the practical level.An asexual success hysteria that is only build on having what the other doesn t have ,only for this dunya...

Polarize and divert the attention to what you are doing or just call simply divide , conquer and multiply your consumers and their individual greeds at the same time two pigeons with one stone!conquer what you might say..their pockets, their children, their families, their habits and costumes,their lives their destinies,make a fortune out of their miseries and depressions and lead them towards a smoothly moving but permanent state of enslavement to the governments ,it big corporations and the people behind it they have been working for a long time without rest while the rest of the world was sleeping,the polarization of the sexes is one of their best playing hands let us cut the hands of these pseudo doctors these thieves instead of hanging people with their umbilical cords..

This is not of our morals and principles we don t have to participate in it ,There is no need for this in Islam.

wasslaam
respectfully
jameel

Tru3m0sl3m

Brother in ISLAM
wailkium salam Tru3, bro i have to disagree with you big time, if i go to the local mosque about finding a partner, they would be shocked and probably say why you asking us? go ask your parents, and if i do this then i most likely will be pointed towards my cousin who is from abroad. I don't want to marry just 'anybody' , at least i should be interested in the person, also i have to put other factors into consideration ie personality compatibility? living arrangements? career women or housewife? ...and 'looks' (very important). If i happen to notice (aka stare) at a hijabi or non-hijabi in my town, and happen to become curious about her (interested), then i perfectly have the right to persue her in terms of marriage material. Not everybody wants to marry their own cousin or their mother's friends daughter, or some next random muslima whom you don't know or have anything in common with.
And sisters... just continue doing your window shopping... peace!! lol

amIR

Assalamoalaikum, Brother Amir hats off for the above response. Anyone can makeout that you've got some issues regarding marriage with your parents. You can give them a list consisting of the details of an Ideal Muslimah and if they fail to pursue your requirements you can say I AM GOING TO FIND A MATCH FOR MYSELF. Talking about Match why don't you sign up in a muslim Matrimonial site. Your search for a perfect future wife can go on over there and your Staring formula.

A pointer for you brother Don't prioritize looks over religion. Yes you can scan for the one who's got the religion and the beauty. But the chances of someone getting deceived by looks are 'slightly' higher than the one looking for someone who's pious and doesn't give a damn about her looks.

The reward of deeds depends upon the intentions and every person will get the reward according to what he has intended. So whoever emigrated for worldly benefits or for a woman to marry, his emigration was for what he emigrated for.

Though this hadeeth has got nothing to do with the 1st chapter 'revelation' in Sahih Al-Bukhari. Why was it placed over there? Allah knows best (and correct me if i am wrong) i read somewhere that the above hadeeth narrated by umar ibn al khattab(ra) is considered to be one among the few of the greatest hadeeth(if i find the source inshallah i'll cite it)

Edit: source cited. http://www.islamtoday.net/english/showme2.cfm?cat_id=31&sub_cat_id=552

I think i am out of context as far as above link is concerned. I am out of this topic inshallah. I find it best not to stare at anyone for any purpose. Walaikumussalam brother amir i'll pray inshallah for all of us to get a good wife.

muslimsista234

Assalam alaykum every1

Allah does inform us in the quran that men have to lower thier gaze first

i have kinda noticed this mayb its hrd for a man to move his eye away there is some good vids about the forbidden gaze on ytube check them out anyways May Allah guide us all ameen

um_mustafa

sister in Islam
Salams ,
I think a lot of the time it is curiosity, as I get looks even from women and its annoying but ......I think it maybe because even though we are covered they can see we are westerners and have another look to make sure what they saw in the first place. So in one way maybe its a kind of Da'waa seeing us converts dressed so nicely,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
alhamdulilah, just my thoughs on the matter.....
w/salams

sister amina

MEMORISING THE QURAN
assalamualaikum,
This is what you can call a daily phenomenon here in riyadh.Infact here it is the complete opposite men and boys stare at us if we are not in niqaab but stare at us even more if wear niqaab!!!!this IS really the strangest thing that I have ever noticed.
may allah guide us and them.ameen.

ummyasiin

Striving for Janatul firdous
I know what you mean, I geat stared at from everyone, coverd and uncovered (meaning face), I believe its curiosity.... the thing is for the perverts, the covering is more inticing because more is left to the imagination, I had guys say to me, can I see whats under there? or I bet she is.... or you have very pretty eyes I can imagine what the rest look like. the more respectful ones allways say are you married and or the disrespectful ones would say can i be your co husband. I get patients that would say I would be muslim as long as i can marry you... The key is not to ENTERTAIN these stares or comments cause they are just IGNORANT and it further shoes why ALLAH swt wants us to be covered to not be annoyed!!!!!!!

Kakorot

I have a queston for all the brothers out there, since this concerns them.

Why is it that men stare at those who have covered themselves?
I can understand (even though its wrong) staring at a woman who is not covered or those who wear improper clothes. But staring at a lady who is covered from head to toe is beyond my comprehension.

LOL!! sister sadly we all face that every now and then, its so annoying.

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong

I can understand (even though its wrong) staring at a woman who is not covered or those who wear improper clothes. But staring at a lady who is covered from head to toe is beyond my comprehension.

well there could be many reasons...

1. men may stare in astonishment in places where nobody covers completely.

2. men stare to ponder...who could be inside that? :D

3. men stare and imagine....how does she look like? :)

4. andddd good muslims see (not stare) and praise Allah that muslim sisters are obeying Allah and protecting the society from fitnah (temptations).