Syria bans face veils at universities

arzafar

that's syria trying to please the west.
it's infuriating to see 'muslims' harming islam by their stupidity.

Gernada1492

A Muslim
@ bold: I feel the same about Saudi Arabia & Iran.

sister alf, can u plz elborate this about suadi arabia and iran? what have they done to harm islam?

I have heard first time, someone saying this.. I am not a big fan of Saudi arabia and iran but i want to know the reason behind it and examples behind it

kayleigh

I think that maybe her point is its just as stupid to enforce a dress code as it is to ban it. Even if she's not saying that... it's true! Countries that ban the veil are just as bad as the countries they like to complain about like Saudia and Iran. They're being hypocritical.

Gernada1492

A Muslim
so u mean that we shud remove all restrictions and let women walk naked as they do here in united queendom? and europe etc?

What about modesty?

kayleigh

If you force a woman to wear something and force a woman to not wear something they're the same thing. It is force. Period.

I'm not going to tell anyone else how to live their lives. Modesty means different things to different people and that is their business, not mine or yours.

If that wasn't sister alf's point, then it is definitely mine.

Abdul25

Logical Believer
@ Sister kayleigh

right on the spot sister,
try to change the hearts rather than imposing the dress code, by force one achieves nothing, whosoever wants to follow the dress code will do so in country like France and whosoever wont, wont do in country like Saudi Arabia, it depends upon the person herself, what she chooses for herself, by force you can suppress or frighten the women but you cant change the hearts, as long as you apply force you have dress code, and force is gone, dress code is gone..

i am not against the dress code, i am in favor but my point is dont not force it..

kayleigh

@ Sister kayleigh

right on the spot sister,
try to change the hearts rather than imposing the dress code, by force one achieves nothing, whosoever wants to follow the dress code will do so in country like France and whosoever wont, wont do in country like Saudi Arabia, it depends upon the person herself, what she chooses for herself, by force you can suppress or frighten the women but you cant change the hearts, as long as you apply force you have dress code, and force is gone, dress code is gone..

i am not against the dress code, i am in favor but my point is dont not force it..

I don't think it is a bad thing either. I'm not saying women shouldn't wear hijab or whatever else they like. I agree that it is the best thing if that is what a woman chooses to do. But when you force a woman to wear it you don't know if she understands why she's doing it or if she's doing it for the right reasons. all you will do is plant seeds of resentment and if they're only wearing something out of force, then the second they get away they will take it off. She will probably not have modesty within her actions, either, which is the most important part. Then what is the benefit to her?

Gernada1492

A Muslim
I don't think it is a bad thing either. I'm not saying women shouldn't wear hijab or whatever else they like. I agree that it is the best thing if that is what a woman chooses to do. But when you force a woman to wear it you don't know if she understands why she's doing it or if she's doing it for the right reasons. all you will do is plant seeds of resentment and if they're only wearing something out of force, then the second they get away they will take it off. She will probably not have modesty within her actions, either, which is the most important part. Then what is the benefit to her?

you could have been very right but unfortunately u r not.

there are certain things which are a part of shria and they need to be implemented as a whole, doesnt matter if someone likes it or not. If one feel that modesty is in bikini, does that make sense? Read about caliphate and the system then..

Dont go back too far, go n read abt ottoman empire..

Brother korai, im sorry for bitter words but u r inspired from views of musharraf?

arzafar

@ bold: I feel the same about Saudi Arabia & Iran.

i dont regard iran as Muslim.

ive said all along that dress code, prayers cannot be enforced.
http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64150

my idea is that that the individuals and the society should be so strong in faith that there should be no need of enforcing things. so if a man is a not a good muslim, his testimony is not accepted, everybody dissociates from him (unless for advising him) and eventually he will deserted and leave. all immoralities should be dealt in a similar way. This is apart from the sins for which a legal punishment has been stipulated. for eg a drunkard must be given 80 lashes.

But at least saudis in general have the right aqeedah and have quraan in their lives. that's the most important thing. truth is that most 'muslims' are not muslims. i mean forget those who give up salah, most 'muslims' are illiterate with regards to tawheed which is truly shameful! That's where KSA is by far the best. They have managed to preserve the correct understanding of Allah (swt) and Islamic faith from the callers to hellfire calling from left, right and center. However corrupt the house of saud maybe, they should be commended for their achievement.

But i think they missed the ship on tv. they should have banned foreign tv channels, music videos and interest based banks long ago. half the things they want to stop with the religious police will stop automatically after the corrupt ideas from kaafirs are stopped.

Abdul25

Logical Believer
you could have been very right but unfortunately u r not.

there are certain things which are a part of shria and they need to be implemented as a whole, doesnt matter if someone likes it or not. If one feel that modesty is in bikini, does that make sense? Read about caliphate and the system then..

Dont go back too far, go n read abt ottoman empire..

Brother korai, im sorry for bitter words but u r inspired from views of musharraf?

:salam2:

brother i dont want to have debate here thats why i reply very are.
i didnt say that bikini is modesty neither i am in favor of it, but forcing sth doesnt give you good results, it is the strong faith.and how does it come into lives. it is by dawa'h and learning, so my point is that we should try to change the hearts rather than imposing dress codes which dont give good results in the end. it should be upon woman what does she choose, we can enforce dress code until we have force. once force is gone , there wont be any dress code . so it is better that we focus our attention towards making dawa'h and encouraging rather than forcing sth that is temporary.
and about mushraf, i am not the one to be inspired from him.
in Prophet's time also, our beloved prophet first taught people , made their faith stronger then those people themselves chose this dress, because they were convinced. i dont think that that the dress code was imposed by force in that time..
and dont talk to me about ottoman empire, i dont want to open a Pandora box here..

:wasalam:

Abu Talib

Feeling low
I'd like to add this authenticbase had posted in his thread. Some points can be taken from it for those who think Hijab/Veil is forced

[yt]U0plMbcfVBE&featur[/yt]​

Gernada1492

A Muslim
ha ha ha..

thats wat they need today.. liberal muslims. Live as u want to .. mould it, as u want to..

And we are muslims offcourse :D

i wont talk on this thread anymore

brother i dont want to have debate here thats why i reply very are.
i didnt say that bikini is modesty neither i am in favor of it, but forcing sth doesnt give you good results, it is the strong faith.and how does it come into lives. it is by dawa'h and learning, so my point is that we should try to change the hearts rather than imposing dress codes which dont give good results in the end. it should be upon woman what does she choose, we can enforce dress code until we have force. once force is gone , there wont be any dress code . so it is better that we focus our attention towards making dawa'h and encouraging rather than forcing sth that is temporary.
and about mushraf, i am not the one to be inspired from him.
in Prophet's time also, our beloved prophet first taught people , made their faith stronger then those people themselves chose this dress, because they were convinced. i dont think that that the dress code was imposed by force in that time..
and dont talk to me about ottoman empire, i dont want to open a Pandora box here..

:wasalam:

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!

*Sigh* This is utterly ridiculous and pathetic. As a woman who does wear niqaab ... I just want to ask why all the hype? I mean seriously. People seem to neglect many of the other vices in society: speak of alcoholism, gambling, murder, promiscuity etc... which go entirely unnoticed but of course there's always laws trying to be enacted against a simple piece of cloth! SubhanAllaah...

There are more records of death from drunk driving, from STD's from people going off on drugs then there were EVER any crimes from a woman in niqaab, so why all the fuss? Honestly? It's like trying to lull society into thinking that apparently what is being done is a security measure and is protecting the people. But honestly?

How many banks have been robbed by a person wearing niqaab? Even if you give me examples of 1-2 incidents... they are hardly enough to be counted. People commit more crimes while drunk - why isn't alcohol banned? We want to breed distrust of people covering their faces... yes that's been achieved, but in reality the problem they possess to society is little - to none.

And I dont deny there are times when there is a need for security and identification, and in those instances I've always cooperated, but really... in a university? Haven't people got better things to worry about?

Astagfirullah

wasalam

:salam2:wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu....

i kno what you mean sister.what's with sisters wearing niqaab and them.One can tell what you upto by the way you act.

i sure pray i'm kept away from all those lands where they play dirty.i prefer my identity as a niqaabi to what they call the "enlightened,broadminded girl".and i prefer Saudi Arabia to the rest of the world sparing pakistan.at least they are trying to keep "some" good intact,no matter how the 'liberated" "out of bounds" world sees it as "force"