Top 10 excuses by women who don’t wear the Hijab(find somewhere on the net)

DanyalSAC

We need a "Top 10 excuses men give why they do not wear the beard" Or maybe why they wear silk ties, why they wear their pants beneath their ankles, why they wear tight clothing.

As the wearer of a full leyha I would agree with this. I've had a lot of pushback from my brothers who wear nothing but the "line beard" (that has a much nastier name that I won't put here), the beard worn just for fashion, or go smooth faced because "We're still young!" they say. In many societies - even in Muslim countries the full beard is only for elders or scholars. I only know one brother under the age of 30 with a full beard. I'm not talking about the delicate GQ line beard, or the odd jagged lightning shaped beard that so many brothers show up at the masjid wearing...I'm talking a beard you can run your fingers through.

Yesterday when I attended Eid salaat I was wearing a white thobe and full shmaug (a nice white one I obtained in Kuwait) and igal. I had the shmaug thrown back and one brother sitting next to me said "You look like an Emirati". My Saudi friend's reply to that was "No, you would never see an Emirati with a beard".

I know Moroccan brothers who grow a beard here in the US but shave it when they return home to visit.

I have a Tunisian brother at my mosque who says a lehya is illegal in Tunisia.

Our shaykh, who has left us to return to his family in Jordan, would constantly remind the brothers at my masjid not to wear tight clothing, yet so many of them would wear pants so tight you can count the change in their pockets.

So...yeah. The sister's idea is a valid one!

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
We need a "Top 10 excuses men give why they do not wear the beard" Or maybe why they wear silk ties, why they wear their pants beneath their ankles, why they wear tight clothing.

Good one!:)
Oooh, my fingers are just itching to list their lame excuses wallahi....but I've no right since all it would be is, a mere assumption!

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
:salam2:

I think most of those excuses than in the first post might also fit to men (why they haven´t beard). Only point 6. we should change as "I wont get attention from women".

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
My Saudi friend's reply to that was "No, you would never see an Emirati with a beard".

Salaamalaykum waa rahmatullahi ,

That's not a nice thing to say as it is stereotyping people based on where they live. As muslims, we don't want to do that. Also, it varies from places to places in the Emirates and the pious do pardon their beards.

But I do understand what the brother was trying to say. But this is true for many Muslim countries unfortunately and we shouldn't single out Emiratis, kuwaitis etc etc

I know Moroccan brothers who grow a beard here in the US but shave it when they return home to visit.

I have heard that some Egyptian brothers also trim it before going to their countries as they fear that they will face persecution and jailed/tortured for wearing a beard. There have been incidences in their country (this is what I have been informed, I don't know about it's validity). InshaAllah if such is the case, then they might have a permissible excuse. But they should consult a local Imam who is aware of the situation and obtain rulings from him to be on the safe side.

Umm, out of topic, sorry but:

Is it compulsory for men to have beards in Islam?

Just curious.

:wasalam: sister,

Yes, it is. Please refer to the thread below. It is quite detailed Alhamdulillah.

Beard Between the Salaf and the Khalaf !

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
@ DanyalSac

Alhamdulilaah, where I'm from the youngsters and elders seem to be keeping their beards. It's the middle-agers that are slacking more (when I say young I mean under 30). A lot of 'babies' I use to see in my local area are now leaving their teens, with beards. However it must be said that a number of them go through phases, which shows a corrupted and weak intention. One month bearded but the next - it's one of those pencil lines.

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
Wa`alaikum salaam,

......PLEASE share them!

Salaamalaykum waa rahmatullahi,

I see and understand your frustration.

Most of the really good ones are video lectures in Urdu. Perhaps someone can find one in English and post it (preferably text). Akhi Al Kashmiri has already asked if someone wants to volunteer and start a thread regarding it.

I have linked an informative thread in my previous thread. May Allah reward the brother who took the time to post it. Ameen

Wasalaamalaykum waa rahmatullahi

ShyHijabi

I actually created a thread about the male dresscode some time back and remarkably (sarcasm) it was barely glanced at. http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?p=477228#post477228

However, everytime a thread is started on women's hijab it gets tons of hits. There seems to be a lack of equity when it comes to people's expectations of male vs. female obligations in Islam. I am salaamed every day by men who look no different than non Muslim males, they wear tight clothing, have no beard, and for all intents and purposes, appear to be non Muslim.

What I love about Islam is that it states women and men are of equal value. We are not the same but our worth is equal. A man is not better than a woman and visa versa. And honestly that is true feminism...not this distorted belief in the West that we are the SAME. True feminism is at the root of Islam and the woman's place. We are afforded dignity and the right to be respected for our minds and souls, not our bodies. Our religion rejects the objectification of women, it gives women back the right to their own bodies and we cover because no man has the right to gaze upon us as pieces of meat.

We have the only holy writ which shows women have right to their own property and funds. We have rights to inheritence as well as whom we marry. No other scripture affords women these rights. So I really don't take offense at being called a feminist...I just question the person's understanding of what real feminism means.

Muzlim

Sister Isra is right, the excuses are made by people in the east as well.

Yes we should have articles on why Muslim men dont grown beards.

arzafar

With a few editions to #6 (girls for guys) and #9 (physique for figure) all the reasons are same for men not wearing beards so it would be a ditto post. :D

On the other hand Top 10 reasons for living in kaafir countries that kill muslims daily would be more original. :eek:

Isra

aka Tree2008

As salamo alaikome

My husband is Moroccan and we are newlyweds as of this past September. When I met him he was clean shaven but his beard grows fast and he doesnt shave daily so on the days he doesnt shave he has the stubble of a new beard growing and it is smooth and even so in my opinion there is no reason for him to be clean shaven. I have begged and begged him to at least TRY growing a beard which he finally did as we are on vacation this past few weeks. He looked GOOD with his new beard and I was soooooo proud of him for growing it but to my dismay one night he shaved it off without telling me until I saw for myself it was gone!!!!! I was seriously depressed about his shaving it but I still love him of course!

When I asked him why he shaved it he told me its because it made him feel dirty so apparently in the Moroccan culture it is considered "dirty" to have the beginnings of a beard!!! I dont agree with it and I will still keep my hope up that one day he will grow it out! Allah knows the best!

wa salam!

aisha16

Interesting thread. So true though. AND I do believe men should adhere to their own hijab, basically what sis Sykhjiabi was trying to say. I don't think that makes her a "feminist" clearly. *to the mens thread*

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
A maroccan muslim woman told me another excuse why she doesn't wear hijab:she suffers of low blood pressure!!!she 35 years old.
I am only 26 years old and started to wear it when I was 23.at first I confess that I was involved in occidental society,so I feared for an instant that everybody would have looked at me badly,expecially people who knew me.before doing my choice,there was a male muslim friend of myhusbandn who was engaged(now he's married)with an italian girl:by the way she used to kiss my husband on his face,her husbad did the same to me every time we met.from the day he saw me with hijab(his wife doesn't wear it)he neither shaked his hand with mine because he respected me more than before.before wearing it I also justified myself saying that it wasn't obligatory,by the fact that I saw many muslim women who told it to me,and I wasn't much informed,but now,not.when I make friendship with a muslim woman"hijabless"I always remember her to do her duty of muslimah.I'm very proud and don't fear anybody but Allah:wasalam: