Truly Wonderful Words of WISDOM...

naaad

mu'minah
السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

I found these words of wisdom very beneficial...soo true Subhan ALLAH!
I hope all of you find it beneficial as well!!!

Ali(RA) said:
"Do not know the truth by men but rather know the truth, and you will know its of adherents."

Al-Hasan Al-Basri said:
“Every day the sun rises it calls upon us, “Oh people! I am a new day; I am an observer of your actions. Take advantage of me for I will not return until the Day of Judgment.” “Oh, son of Adam you are nothing but a few breaths. Once one breath goes out, part of you goes with it. In the same way that part of you has gone, soon all of you will go.”

Ibn Al-Qayyim said:
“Every gulp of air that goes out in a cause other than the cause of Allah (SWT) will turn to sorrow and regret on the Day of Judgment.”
He also said: “A sign that Allah (SWT) despises you is when you find yourself wasting your time with trivial matters; in this way you miss your chance of going to heaven. And a sign that Allah (SWT) likes you is when you find yourself fulfilling more duties than you have time for.”
A saying goes, ‘The devil makes work for idle thumbs.’
If you want to know whether Allah (SWT) is pleased with you, then think: Are you busy or idle?

Al-Muhasiby said:
“I wish that time could be acquired with money. If so I would buy time from wasteful and ungrateful people so that I could spend it serving Allah (SWT).”

Ibn Masoud said:
“I never regretted anything except a day that passed by without having increased my deeds.”

Hasan al Basri said:
"Our Righteous Predecessors were as fearful of their good deeds being squandered, or not being accepted, as the present generation is
certain that their neglect would be forgiven."

Ibn al-Qayyim said:
"O people who take pleasure in a life that will vanish, falling in love with a fading shadow is sheer stupidity."

Hasan al-Basri said:
"Do not fix your hopes on your health and do not laugh away life.
Remember how they walked and now their joints lie separately,
and the tongue with which they talked lightly is eaten away by worms.
Do not sit idle for indeed death is seeking you."

"Remember your contemporaries who have passed away and were your age.
Remember the honours and fame they earned, the high posts they held and the beautiful bodies they possessed. Today all of them are turned to dust. They have left orphans and widows behind them, their wealth is being wasted, and their houses turned into ruins. No sign is of them is left today, their wealth is being wasted and their houses turned into ruins. No sign of them is left today and they lie in dark holes underneath the earth. Picture their faces before your minds eye and ponder."

Shaykh Abdullah Adhami said: "The best awareness is for a man to have self-awareness.
And the best knowledge is for a man to stop at the limit of his knowledge."

Abu Hamid said: "To advise others is an easy matter, the difficulty is accepting advice since it is bitter for those who follow their own inclinations and desires."

Al-Hasan al-Basri was once asked: "Why is it that we cannot uphold prayers at night?" He answered: "You are shackled in your own sins".

"You who commit a sin, do not feel secure about the results, for what goes along with the sin is more serious than the sin itself.
Your lack of shame before the angels, who witness you when you commit the sin, is more serious than the sin itself.
Your laughter when you sin, as you forget the punishment of Allah is more serious than the sin itself.
Your delight if you get a chance to sin, is more serious than the sin itself.
Even your disappointment, if you miss a chance to sin is more serious than the sin itself."​

May ALLAH take our souls ONLY when HE is Pleased with us!!!
And May we all mend our lives before it's too late....

Ali(RA) said:
"Do not know the truth by men but rather know the truth, and you will know its of adherents."

:salam2:

mashAllah, I was only able to think about this one, for now I am kinda busy. But I wanted to point out this is absolutely beautiful, and I feel the meaning of this is deep and what we need as an Ummah.

:jazaak:

:wasalam:

fada_all

jazakin allah every khair here and in life after, may allah reward you with al jannah and all muslims

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong

"You who commit a sin, do not feel secure about the results, for what goes along with the sin is more serious than the sin itself.
Your lack of shame before the angels, who witness you when you commit the sin, is more serious than the sin itself.
Your laughter when you sin, as you forget the punishment of Allah is more serious than the sin itself.
Your delight if you get a chance to sin, is more serious than the sin itself.
Even your disappointment, if you miss a chance to sin is more serious than the sin itself."[/COLOR]
May ALLAH take our souls ONLY when HE is Pleased with us!!!
And May we all mend our lives before it's too late....

jazaak Allah khair sister and ameen to your dua's.

very well said by these righteous men. may Allah have mercy upon them all.

BinteShafi

Left long ago

Jazaki Allahu Khayra for sharing these beautiful POW dear sister. They are those FACTS about which we need to be aware of all the time. May Allah help us all to remember and act upon them.

:wasalam:

OsMaN_93

Here to help

I don't get the first one can someone explain, please? :/

Jazakom Allah khairan, in advance.

naaad

mu'minah

I don't get the first one can someone explain, please? :/

Jazakom Allah khairan, in advance.

Wa Alaikum as Salaam,

Brother, I’ll try explaining it, though it has a very deep meaning. But I’ll try my best.
It says that you do not know the truth by the men who adhere to it (meaning- those men are not your depiction or illustration of the truth)
You just need to know the truth and you’ll know to what extent it’s been followed or held on to. The truth, due to its greatness, has numerous adherents. So when you know the truth- its greatness will tell you of its adherents.

I really hope i was clear enough :)
If someone else has a better explanation, you're most welcome to explain it to us and May ALLAH reward us!!