What Is So Upsetting That..

Muawiyah

:salam2:

Don't you think that the most upsetting thing to see is that,
your friends are muslims yet they do not practice?

They dont even know their own religion, infact they go against it.

Everything i tell them, in my knowledge, doesnt affect them. For Instance, tell them about death. Any normal muslim with faith would be scared, it doesnt affect them at all.

my whole school is atleast 35% muslim or more.
and still they hardly know their religion

What makes tears fill my eyes is that the Prophet(SAW) gave his entire life up for our religion but i dnt see anyone practicing it. No ones following.

:astag:

Even i warn them of the rules such as girlfriends and such but yet they still do the smae thing, even i have done such thing but ive repented for my sins.

Brothers and Sisters of TTI please inform me of what to do.
:wasalam:

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
I want to add:

In my neighbourhood 95% are muslims, yet I feel like living among non-muslim. At my workplace, 60% muslim yet I feel working with 60% non muslim. Out of 60% muslims, 40% are males yet only about 10% of these 40% males turns up to mussollah for prayers I don't know what happen to the rest perhaps they are.... Allah knows. Feedback from muslimmah is the same case with female muslim colleagues. When I go to supposedly muslims wedding, but it seems I always end up at wrong wedding (not looks so like muslim wedding). When there is a call to boycott jews fastfood and products, I notice majority of the patrons are still muslims so I might be wrong to think they are muslims...

Perhaps it is actually something is not right with me for always having negative throught about other muslim brothers and sisters.

Brothers and Sisters of TTI please inform me of what to do.

Brother,

I think we have to use technology such as e-mails, text messaging to daawah our brothers and sisters who are floating with joy and lost track. Honestly, I dare not to confront them for my own safety. Some might turn violent against you.

munawarah

assalaamu alaykum wa rahmatullah

this is something i usually do...it works for me;
when i have a friend who i know does something bad,
i take some time out with them alone like go for a walk or something.

scenario: someone who prays salaat but without wudhu (astaghfirullah)

i start off by saying :'hey erm, i just wanted some advice..if you
dont mind that is...'
'i know this girl who doesn't do wudhu before she prays, and i'm really scared for her, how would you encourage her to do wudhu?'

tip:when i usually give advice my voice goes a little shaky so its more effective and emotional..(like i'm worried or about to cry)

Then i say why I'm scared: 'coz on the day of judgment one of the first things we're going to get asked about is salaat, inshallah if our salaat is good then everything else will be good'
'im afraid to tell her because she might get mad at me, but i really care for her...i dont know what to do...'
'i want her to be a good person, and i know she can'...

i usually add a story if (i can remember one) about a sahaba or the prophet (s.a.w) or something.

Another advice, dont plan on what your going to say, whatever comes out naturally is the best.

Try to make them think about their deeds, what will happen in the hereafter etc,

Never say stuff like: 'if she doesn't do it she'll go to hell', or 'Allah wont forgive her'....always describe her reward IE Jannat or what benefit it will do in this world also.

Don't admit that your referring to her..this'll make them think your giving them a lecture...and nobody wants that!

once again at the end you ask them what they will do in a situation like this.
listen intentively, give them reply's etc..

hope this advice helps

wassalaam

Muslim18

Blessed Muslimah

My community has good and bad but in my eyes i see the younger generation are those who dont follow, i try to reach my friends and family i find the best way is through email because if i tell them face to face they snore and say is that it or they turn away it hurts me soo much May Allah guides us all ameen

Brother you have to learn from the example of the Prophets read the story of Nuh subahanallah how many years did he preach and we dont even know how that feels subhannallah so we must endure, Allah guides whom he pleases and we must deliver the message and the rest is up to Allah. my advice that i have learnt from is not to take it personal, just make dua for them all inshallah

shaheeda35

strive4Jannah
I feel the fault lies with the parents. they need to teach their children the correct way to practice. They need to talk to them, read to them, take them to classes etc...The teaching starts in the home.The parents are the first teachers of the children, not school, internet etc...

They must instill the fear of Allah in their hearts, and help them for the next generation. Allahu Alim.:)

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
I think many share with you this anguish akhi..which is quite unfortunate..it means that this issue is on the spread..but we should always remain "hopeful"..the point here akhi is you should not *tire* from advising others and pointing out the wrong they are doing..you might think it's not changing anything and everbody is turning the deaf ear and mute heart to you..but believe these words do penetrate the mind..and sit there..and sobhanallah..when Allah (swt) wills for someone to be guided you'll see that the advice they've received from their practicing peers/relatives are the first things they remember..I know this because it happened with me before I started practicing..I used to roll my eyes even silence those trying to give me advice..but when Allah Willed..their words became my inspiration and my compass of what I need to do to change myself even though it happened *years* later..sobhanallah :)..

So keep it up akhi..I will not give you tips..or a list of things that you need to speak out and go all technical and systematic on you..I think the best words are those flowing out of one heart straight to another..and believe me people pick up on your sincerity and concern for them..it is enough that you have the zeal to feel so sad inside over what you see..I think that's something which you can take advantage of and can make your dedication to advice others quite affective..so keep things as they are..just remain *patient* :)

wannabe_muttaqi

A MUSLIM BROTHER
Asslamu Alaikum

It is the same feeling here akhi. It hurts a lot when we see our brothers not practicing. By this i don't mean i'm better than them but i just want all of us to remind each other so that we can follow our religion the way ALLAH SWT wants us to.

May ALLAH SWT grant all of us the best Hidayat and may HE forgive us all. Ameen.