Why all this "Fuss" about Niqab? (A message for Muslims who are anti-islamic derss).

Status
Not open for further replies.

saifkhan

abd-Allah
Saalam alaikum

Hijab is mandatory and niqab is not.....but if any sister wishes to wear the Niqaab, she is most welcome, but yet we cant force anyone, even if she is our wife/sister or anyone.

but as looking into todays matters, it is better to wear Niqaab . i know it is quite difficult for our sisters, may be I dont know, but yet we brothers want every single sisters to be protected like pearls.

may Allah subhanahu wa ta'la protect every sisters around the world, who are wearing Hijaab and Niqaab. this is their right, and we brother should help them to revive this right, in the bad situation of human-rights, all over the world....

may Allah subhanahu wa ta'la give us brothers the power to fight for our sisters right...ameen

Jazakum Allahu khair
wassalamu alaikum

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
In today's time where we live in fitnah,it is always better to wear niqab.If a woman doesn't attract any men by just wearing hijab,then fine alhamdulilah.

:salam2: respected sister

Please allow me to make a minute but *important* correction. Since we are mentioning a ruling from our deen here, we have to make sure that we are presenting the ruling clearly without leaving anything open to personal interpretations or doubt.

In times of fitnah, both schools of thought (including who hold the opinion that Niqab is 'recommended' and not 'obligatory') are in agreement that Niqab becomes *mandatory* or fardh on every believing women. This fitnah could be if the sister is really pretty or has an attractive face (which makes people stare at her). Or if the society is corrupt and men are known to stare at women or engage in other lewd activities.

You can verify this information for yourself in the video fatwa below :-

[yt]N_FvxdngfgY[/yt]

Assalaam walaikum,

We are having difficulty with semantics. Everyone knows the obligations. Sister Revert wrote " a man can control his wife". I do not believe that is what she means. No human being can control another. A wife may listen to her husband and oblige him.

Let me help you out. The wife has to obey her husband as long as he is not asking her to do something that is haraam. The wife's personal rights and financial rights are all protected under Islam.

The husband also has to be understanding and not overburden his wife.

You do not cover to hide; niqaab is not the male repellent. You cover to protect yourself from evil and haraam.
I respect sisters who cover and I respect sisters who do not.

One covers because Allah azz zawajal made it obligatory for them to cover. The protection from evil and haraam is the *wisdom* behind the legislation, yet it is not the *reason*.

108EEDMAH

i dont no if its obligatory or not but what i do no is that islam is an easy religion to follow with nothing hard or confusing but with the niqab i think that this could cause serious problems. how is someone suppose to tell who u r??? what if robers start wearing them????? there is so much things that can go wrong and becz of this i no that women should not be wearing them. ISLAM is perfect and becz of this nonmuslims have nothing they can use to make islam sound bad.

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
i dont no if its obligatory or not but what i do no is that islam is an easy religion to follow with nothing hard or confusing but with the niqab i think that this could cause serious problems. how is someone suppose to tell who u r??? what if robers start wearing them????? there is so much things that can go wrong and becz of this i no that women should not be wearing them. ISLAM is perfect and becz of this nonmuslims have nothing they can use to make islam sound bad.

:salam2:wa rahmatullahi wabarakatuhu..

yes akhi islam is an easy religion:)there is no doubt in that inshallah.

as far as who can tell who are.then i tell you those who are suppose to kno who we are do it in a jiffy those who are not leave us alone Alhumdulillah.incase we want someone to kno who we are we speak then they recognice us.robbers have done that but that's not actually niqaab.NIqaab is for ALLAH.what robbers do is for shaitan.when we sisters wear niqaab it's for ALLAH's mercy,we don't wear and leave it by our will......when robbers do it they do it whenever they want,for a lil time and for deciving themselves believing they are protected.

Nothing goes wrong with being a niqaabi:)not in that sense of robbery or ppl using it against you etc.

so inshallah it's not a problem afor us sister or for islaam

revert2007

Love Fishing

Please allow me to make a minute but *important* correction. Since we are mentioning a ruling from our deen here, we have to make sure that we are presenting the ruling clearly without leaving anything open to personal interpretations or doubt.

In times of fitnah, both schools of thought (including who hold the opinion that Niqab is 'recommended' and not 'obligatory') are in agreement that Niqab becomes *mandatory* or fardh on every believing women. This fitnah could be if the sister is really pretty or has an attractive face (which makes people stare at her). Or if the society is corrupt and men are known to stare at women or engage in other lewd activities.

[yt]N_FvxdngfgY[/yt]

Let me help you out. The wife has to obey her husband as long as he is not asking her to do something that is haraam. The wife's personal rights and financial rights are all protected under Islam.

One covers because Allah azz zawajal made it obligatory for them to cover. The protection from evil and haraam is the *wisdom* behind the legislation, yet it is not the *reason*.

Assalamualikum akhi.jazaka Allah khair for the video and yes I watched that on huda tv and am very aware of what the sheikh said.Yes we are living in the time of fitnah and women subahana Allah very beautiful.So I personally would say a woman who is beautiful should wear niqab.Because a woman's beauty is not only the hair but the her features on her face that make her beautiful.But again if it is sufficinet for a moderate looking woman to wear hijab if she doens't attract menWe cannot force her to wear niqab and say to her that she is committing sin.

Normal logic.There are many nude women out there.Why would men look at a woman who wears hijab instead of looking at the sexy woman?

Again I do not say it is obligator and at the same time I did not say you shouldn't.Examine your (women)situation and do it for the sake of Allah.

Allah knows the best
Assalamualikum

revert2007

Love Fishing
Assalaam walaikum,

We are having difficulty with semantics. Everyone knows the obligations. Sister Revert wrote " a man can control his wife". I do not believe that is what she means. No human being can control another. A wife may listen to her husband and oblige him.
I am having great difficulty understanding the notion of niqab as being the ruling force. It is not. The heart is the ruling force. Why are people so hung up on attracting the opposite sex. I know I am from another planet.
If I do not wish to attract the opposite sex..you do it from the get go. It is your demeanor and comportment. The face veil and over garments are not necessarily the inhibitors.
You do not cover to hide; niqaab is not the male repellent. You cover to protect yourself from evil and haraam.
I respect sisters who cover and I respect sisters who do not.

Assalamualiku sis.
Yes control here means in the sense of asking the wife to wear niqab or not.It doesn't mean control one's life :)

Allah knows the best
Assalamualikum

revert2007

Love Fishing

Assalamualikum.
I have a question.
What if the wifes wants to wear niqab for the sak eof Allah yet the husband refused and ordered her to take of her niqab when her long khimar is sufficient enough.

Is it ok for the sister to take of her niqab and obey her husband's command?

Allah knows the best.
Assalamualikum.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

I know I am from another universe.

Brother..I do not need your help. Thank you.

Why is everyone so hung up on sex. Why does everyone think men only look at pretty women.

What is up with these closed relationships..what century are we in.

I feel as if I were tossed in time.

Am I the only one who is dazed and confused.

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
Assalamualikum.
I have a question.
What if the wifes wants to wear niqab for the sak eof Allah yet the husband refused and ordered her to take of her niqab when her long khimar is sufficient enough.

Is it ok for the sister to take of her niqab and obey her husband's command?

Allah knows the best.
Assalamualikum.

:wasalam:

That's an interesting question. I can't understand why a husband would stop his wife from doing something 'recommended' in Islam (if he holds that opinion). Shouldn't he be assisting her in attaining piety, rather than making it difficult for her ..

Anyways, I found a fatwa similar to what you asked. In this case, it is the father rather than the husband.

A girl wants to wear niqab, has read the evidence, and believes it to be fardh but her father, who is very religious and practicing, feels that niqab is mustahabb (he has studied all the evidence and based his opinion on this. For his own reasons, perhaps he worries for her safety or doubts her intentions as being sincere, he forbids her from wearing niqab. He does, however, allow that she can wear niqab when she completes her memorization of Surah Baqarah (as he feels that this will prove her sincere), but she worries that this is too long and feels she is sinning by not wearing it. She has tried to demonstrate to her father that she is sincere, but it has not been enough. She does not disobey him because she worries for his health, he has heart issues that make him very ill under any stress and her wearing it against his will would cause him to fall sick. When she tries to bring this up to other women, they feel she is insulting them by implying that they are sinning by not covering their faces, though she does not judge them and tells them she is not trying to force her opinion on any of them and they do not understand because they all feel it is sunnah. What should she do? And because her father believes it is simply sunnah and not fardh, is he obtaining sin from preventing her? Is it haraam for him to do this? And can you give me som daleel for this?.

Praise be to Allaah.

Firstly:

It is obligatory for a woman to cover her face in front of non-mahrams according to the more correct of the two scholarly opinions, because of a great deal of evidence that has been explained in the answer to question no. 11774.

Secondly:

It is not permissible for a girl to obey her father or mother by not covering her face, because there is no obedience to any created being if it involves disobedience towards the Creator.

Similarly, it is not permissible for a father to tell his daughter to uncover her face, even if he thinks that niqaab is mustahabb, so long as she is convinced that it is obligatory, because she is obliged to do what she knows and is convinced of, and she will be asked about that on the Day of Resurrection. A person will not move on, on the Day of Resurrection, until he is asked about his knowledge and what he did with it. She will not be asked about her father’s opinion and what he believed. If she does not wear niqaab, then she is disobeying her Lord, so what good will obeying her father do her in that case?

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “There is no obedience if it involves disobedience towards Allaah; obedience is only in that which is right and proper.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari (7257) and Muslim (1840).

Thirdly:

If we assume that it is mustahabb and not waajib for a Muslim woman to cover her face before non-mahram men, neither the father nor anyone else has any right to tell her to uncover her face, because by doing so he is going against the ruling and command of Allaah. How can a Muslim man allow himself to hear the command of Allaah and His Messenger then issue instructions to the contrary, and tell someone not to do what Allaah and His Messenger have enjoined? Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“It is not for a believer, man or woman, when Allaah and His Messenger have decreed a matter that they should have any option in their decision”

[al-Ahzaab 33:36]

“And let those who oppose the Messenger’s (Muhammad’s) commandment (i.e. his Sunnah legal ways, orders, acts of worship, statements) (among the sects) beware, lest some Fitnah (disbelief, trials, afflictions, earthquakes, killing, overpowered by a tyrant) should befall them or a painful torment be inflicted on them”

[al-Noor 24:63]

The matter is more serious than whether the niqaab is obligatory or mustahabb; the one who forbids what is enjoined by Allaah and His Messenger must re-examine his faith.

Just imagine, O you who enjoins something that goes against the command of the Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), if the Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) told your daughter to cover her face when you were sitting there, as something that is mustahabb as you believe, and not as something obligatory. Would you go against the command of the Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) or would you tell her to hear and obey?

No believer has any choice but to hear and obey, as Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“The only saying of the faithful believers, when they are called to Allaah (His Words, the Qur’aan) and His Messenger (صلى الله عليه وسلم), to judge between them, is that they say: “We hear and we obey.” And such are the successful (who will live forever in Paradise)”

[al-Noor 24:51]

What is the difference between the Sunnah of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) that is heard directly and the Sunnah that has been transmitted to us via trustworthy men and proven reports?

Why would we obey him in the first case and disobey him in the second?

Fourthly:

If the father fears that his daughter may be harassed if she wears niqaab, and this is a well-founded fear for obvious reasons, such as the Muslim woman living in a place where women who wear niqaab are harassed, there is nothing wrong with him telling her not to wear the niqaab, and in that case she should obey him so as to ward off harm. But if his fear stems from paranoia and worries that are not based on reality, then it is not permissible for the girl to obey him by not wearing niqaab in that case.

Fifthly:

The girl should try to advise her father and convince him that she has the freedom to choose the opinion that she believes to be correct, whether that is by finding out the evidence for it or by following scholars whom she trusts, and it is not permissible for her, according to sharee’ah, to forsake this opinion because it is not in accordance with her father’s view. Similarly, it is not permissible for him to make her follow his view, and by not allowing her to wear niqaab he is causing her to fall into sin and disobedience, whether that is by not wearing it once, twice or more. Every time she goes out in front of non-mahrams with her face uncovered, she is sinning thereby.

Perhaps she can seek the help of people who can convince her father about that.

Perhaps it is clear from this answer that this issue is not about convincing her father that wearing niqaab is obligatory. That may or may not be achieved, based on how clear the evidence is and the means used to convince him. Rather the issue that must be focused on is that the girl is not obliged to follow her father’s opinion and it is not permissible for her to forsake what she is convinced of for the sake of his opinion, and it is not permissible for him to make her follow his opinion. There is no point in making her fall into sin until she has memorized Soorat al-Baqarah, or until he is certain of the sincerity of her intentions, for she is sinning every time she goes out without niqaab, as stated above.

If the father understands this, and lets her do what she wants, this is what is wanted. If he persists in not allowing her, then the basic principle is that she should not obey him, as stated above. But if she is afraid that he may become sick because of her going against his wishes, then she may uncover her face when she is with him, and cover it when she goes out on her own, without telling him about that.

We ask Allaah to help her and make her steadfast.

And Allaah knows best.

Link :- http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/98382

Amir_of_spain

I have read here that the veil should be worn in time of fitna. How about in western countries where wearing the veil brings attention to oneself far greater than if she was in hijab. To the point where she can be attacked, injured, her family, children put at risk, so by wearing the veil one can end up attracting fitna in certain situations.

Do you believe all the sahabayat, the tabeyat and so on all wore niqaab 1400 years ago?

Whether someone wears it or not, its totally up to them, but the intense repeated promotion of it i feel is simply a distraction to cover the reality that there are far greater, bigger virtues that we don't do or promote as much that are way more important such as salah, knowing quran, knowing hadith, knowing seerah, having correct aklaq, etc. This niqaab discussion will go on and on, yet if you ask about seerah or quran or ahadith studies, details, analysis you see people coping and pasting, seems as if people would rather stick with easy old niqaabb vs hijaab issues. Please lets get our priorities straight and lets focus on bigger far greater things.

Note: if you are going to reply to my post, please do not reply with emotion or personal attacks, because i am fed up of people not respecting a differing opinion, know what it means to be tolerant and take it easy, it's just another a topic no need to get upet over it just because someone has a different conclusion/interpretation.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

I am responding to your post with a great big sigh of relief. I am not the only one on this planet. It is in the heart!!!

( good to see you posting, again)

abubaseer

tanzil.info
Staff member
Assalaam walaikum,

I know I am from another universe.

Brother..I do not need your help. Thank you.

Why is everyone so hung up on sex. Why does everyone think men only look at pretty women.

What is up with these closed relationships..what century are we in.

I feel as if I were tossed in time.

Am I the only one who is dazed and confused.

:salam2: Sister,

Beautified for people is the love of that which they desire - of women and sons, heaped-up sums of gold and silver, fine branded horses, and cattle and tilled land. That is the enjoyment of worldly life, but Allah has with Him the best return.

Surah Surat 'Āli `Imrān, Ayah 15
:wasalam:

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Exactly...do not throw your sin upon me.

But this thread is not about sex and sin.

There is a whole lot going on in the world. War, hunger, poverty, oppression.

Abdul25

Logical Believer
I have read here that the veil should be worn in time of fitna. How about in western countries where wearing the veil brings attention to oneself far greater than if she was in hijab. To the point where she can be attacked, injured, her family, children put at risk, so by wearing the veil one can end up attracting fitna in certain situations.

Do you believe all the sahabayat, the tabeyat and so on all wore niqaab 1400 years ago?

Whether someone wears it or not, its totally up to them, but the intense repeated promotion of it i feel is simply a distraction to cover the reality that there are far greater, bigger virtues that we don't do or promote as much that are way more important such as salah, knowing quran, knowing hadith, knowing seerah, having correct aklaq, etc. This niqaab discussion will go on and on, yet if you ask about seerah or quran or ahadith studies, details, analysis you see people coping and pasting, seems as if people would rather stick with easy old niqaabb vs hijaab issues. Please lets get our priorities straight and lets focus on bigger far greater things.

Note: if you are going to reply to my post, please do not reply with emotion or personal attacks, because i am fed up of people not respecting a differing opinion, know what it means to be tolerant and take it easy, it's just another a topic no need to get upet over it just because someone has a different conclusion/interpretation.

:salam2:

Very true, right on the spot bro,

kayleigh

agreed 100%

The point about wearing it in the West if it will attract bad attention and possibly physical harm is interesting, too. I know a lot of girls who wear hijab who say that men in the West ignore them but when they're in the Middle East men are very inappropriate with them. Everyone likes to characterize the West as being the most fitnah-tastic place there is (like that word? lol), but maybe that isn't true when it comes to something like this.

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
:salam2:

Ok.. So the argument here is that women who observe Niqab are prone to be attacked or injured by non-muslim men and women.

And are these non-muslims oblivious to the fact that muslim women usually wear headscarves and an abaya ??? These crazed lunatics are going to go after our sisters no matter what.

Do you remember a recent thread about one of our TTI sisters being purposely roughened up on local transportation in NYC just for having a headscarf on ?

So the next day, we have these intolerant non-muslims attacking sisters in Hijaab. So in fear of being persecuted we have to compromise our adherence to our religion ?

The answer is No. In such conditions, muslims should consider making 'hijrah' to Islamic lands (or more tolerant lands), where they can atleast perform their basic religious duties. Persecution and tests lie at every corner for us muslims in non-muslim lands, we shoudn't be 'escapists'. We have to meet these challenges and find solutions to them.

Also, belittling a discussion on 'defending our Niqaabi sisters' or just 'Hijaab/Niqaab' because we are not paying to other topics on Islamic knowledge is incorrect. We need to pay attention to both topics.

kayleigh

Maybe his/her point was that the topic has been run into the ground and there's dozens of threads about it already. I didn't even see the original post as being an invitation to discuss whether or not women should wear certain things. I guess I missed something.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Brother we are all over the place.

This thread started with everyone agreeing if a sister wants to wear niqab everyone respects her. Some sisters stated even if they do not cover or have varying degrees of covering they still respect the sisters who cover.

We have had responses of robberies. We have discussed women attracting men by not wearing niqab...( hate to tell you folks...some men go crazy looking at a woman in niqab).

I am asking how does a woman minding her business not thinking about a man..get blamed for attracting a man...her mind might be on paying her bills..

And the solution to move to Islamic country is not always viable.

So can we move on ( besides a man can not dictate to a woman how she should dress..the smart woman asks a man if she looks good..he mumbles !)

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
However, the replies to the original thread starter's post mandated a brief insight into the 'Niqaab issue'.

How will someone be willing to make a stand for Niqaabi sisters, if people harbor the kind of things that are mentioned in this thread (with regards to Niqab)..

This is what is happening in Canada. There is a group of muslims who have gone out of their way to make a statement that 'Niqab is actually not a part of Islam' rather it an innovation (or bidah) & want to get it banned there. And these people are actually claiming to be the 'voice of muslims in Canada'.

They made the jump from mustahhab (recommended) to bidah (innovation), without even looking at the evidences. What a calamity !

@ Aapa..

I think that this is not the time for us to be standing at the side and just merely 'showing our respect' to these women. One by one, each western country's govt. is directing its judiciary to ban this 'dress code'. We have to be ready to fight tooth and nail (I know this is an area where you expertise in by reading your various posts). But why would be willing to take a stand, if we have little or no attachment to this religious practice.

The least we can do is to atleast show fellow TTI members that this is part of our religion, be it mustahab or fardh. The statements have to change from 'I respect your choice to dress how you wish' to ' This is the right of our muslim women'.

kayleigh

@ Aapa..

I think that this is not the time for us to be standing at the side and just merely 'showing our respect' to these women. One by one, each western country's govt. is directing its judiciary to ban this 'dress code'. We have to be ready to fight tooth and nail (I know this is an area where you expertise in by reading your various posts). But why would be willing to take a stand, if we have little or no attachment to this religious practice.

The least we can do is to atleast show fellow TTI members that this is part of our religion, be it mustahab or fardh. The statements have to change from 'I respect your choice to dress how you wish' to ' This is the right of our muslim women'.

"I respect your choice to dress how you wish" usually is the same thing as "This is the right of our Muslim women" to most people. It is the right of all women, not just Muslim.

There are lots of non-Muslims who believe Muslim women should have the right to wear whatever they want and have no religious attachment to it at all. I know women who think its despicable and oppressive but are genuinely appalled at the idea that it is banned in other parts of the world. I would fight tooth and nail for a woman's right to wear niqab, but that has nothing to do with my being Muslim. Those are just the kind of values I was raised with.

In my opinion the entire issue of banning certain types of clothing doesn't have much to do with religion. Religion is background noise. It is an issue of rights and personal freedoms.

Status
Not open for further replies.