why are non-muslims barred from makkah?

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
:salam2:

recently, i was watching a video on youtube, regarding the proposed masjid that is being built two blocks away from the place of the 9/11 attacks in New York. there was a man that held a sign that read " We'll allow a mosque here when we can build a church or synagogue in mecca!! "

i know that only muslims are allowed into makkah, but i don't know why that is. it isn't that i have a desire to see all kinds of religion in makkah, but i am curious to know why. i have my ideas, but i'm not sure, therefore if someone asks me, i don't find it appropriate to answer based on my ideas, without the facts.

i ask that if anyone knows of the answer/s to why non-muslims aren't allowed into makkah, please post them.
:wasalam:

kayleigh

Google tells me its done to protect Mecca from polytheism and the influence of non-Muslims. Makes sense to me.

abdul-aziz

surely mohammed allowed some non- muslims to visit or stay in Meccs after he conquered it

The prophet Muhammad, may peace and blessing be upon him, never conquered mecca. Allah prepared mecca for the prophet, PBUH return. There was no fight whatsoever in entering mecca. He was persecuted there by the non believers before. Thus he left mecca and returned. When he returned he allowed all the enemies of the Muslims to be free. No one touched them even though muslim blood ran through their dirty hands.

The prophet PBUH ordered the muslims to not allow non believers to mecca. They are allowed to go to madina, however.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Brother,

Was there not fighting allowed for three days in Mecca and after that it was forbidden. Could someone correct me.

abdul-aziz

Brother,

Was there not fighting allowed for three days in Mecca and after that it was forbidden. Could someone correct me.

opposite, they were given time to pack up and leave for their own safety, I think that is what was meant by 3 days. Most accepted Islam but a few moved.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

I am not referring to the time of the exodus from Mecca. I am referring to the return to Mecca. It was after the return that no blood could be shed after the three days. I just can not recall where I read this.

hassana elkoussi

The prophet PBUH ordered the muslims to not allow non believers to mecca. They are allowed to go to madina, however.

Salam alaikum brother,

I'm afraid this is not true bec non muslims are neither allowed in mecca nor in Madinah. . Al Madinah is considered a haram ( sanctuary) as much as Mecca is and this is stated in a hadith by the Prophet pbuh. ( Sorry I don't have it now) The probhibition is due to the fact that polytheism is regarded as a kind of impurity that should not be allowed in those sacred places. THis is clearly stated in surat At-Tawbah verse 28 " O you who believe (in Allah's Oneness and in His Messenger Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم)! Verily, the Mushrikun (polytheists, pagans, idolaters, disbelievers in the Oneness of Allah, and in the Message of Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم) are Najasun (impure). So let them not come near Al-Masjidal-Haram (at Makkah) after this year; and if you fear poverty, Allah will enrich you if He wills, out of His Bounty. Surely, Allah is All-Knowing, All-Wise.

Hope this answers ur question.

salam alaikum

sa

hassana elkoussi

Salam alaikum,
Here is the [COLOR="Red[B]"]hadith where the Prophet pbuh declares Al Madinah as a sacred country [/B]
[/COLOR]117) 'Abdullah b. Zaid b. 'Asim (Allah be pleased with him) reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: Verily Ibrahim declared Mecca sacred and supplicated (for blessings to be showered) upon its inhabitants, and I declare Medina to be sacred as lbrahim had declared Mecca to be sacred. I have supplicated (Allah for His blessings to be showered) in its sa' and its mudd (two standards of weight and measurement) twice as did Ibrahim for the inhabitants of Mecca. This hadith has been narrated through another chain of transmitters with a slight varia- tion of words. (Book #007, Hadith #3150):hearts:

abdul-aziz

Assalaam walaikum,

I am not referring to the time of the exodus from Mecca. I am referring to the return to Mecca. It was after the return that no blood could be shed after the three days. I just can not recall where I read this.

Neither was I, When the prophet, PBUH return for hajj, the polytheists were given 3 days to leave. And no harm will come to them during that period. The prophet, PBUH, didn't even retaliate against Hind, who ordered a slave to kill his Uncle Hamza.

that must be a hadith written at at least 400 years later so it might not be true

no hadiths were not written 400 years later. They were written during the prophet Muhammad, PBUH, lifetime as well as transmitted orally. So what happened is very accurately documented with the most reliable system of information transmission that man has ever utilized up to that time.

Funny I have a sheik, here that will do circles around the computer in referencing hadith.

Salam alaikum brother,

I'm afraid this is not true bec non muslims are neither allowed in mecca nor in Madinah. . Al Madinah is considered a haram ( sanctuary) as much as Mecca is and this is stated in a hadith by the Prophet pbuh. ( Sorry I don't have it now) The probhibition is due to the fact that polytheism is regarded as a kind of impurity that should not be allowed in those sacred places. THis is clearly stated in surat At-Tawbah verse 28 " O you who believe (in Allah's Oneness and in His Messenger Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم)! Verily, the Mushrikun (polytheists, pagans, idolaters, disbelievers in the Oneness of Allah, and in the Message of Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم) are Najasun (impure). So let them not come near Al-Masjidal-Haram (at Makkah) after this year; and if you fear poverty, Allah will enrich you if He wills, out of His Bounty. Surely, Allah is All-Knowing, All-Wise.

Hope this answers ur question.

my dear tti member, I didn't say this from the top of my head. I used this fatwa in Arabic to confirm the information. http://www.islamweb.net/ver2/fatwa/ShowFatwa.php?lang=a&Id=110014&Option=FatwaId, it is in Arabic though. I wasn't sure of Madina before I read this. And what this fatwa talks about is a polytheist messenger, bringing a letter is not to be allowed in Mecca only.

As for living in Madina that is a different case, and I am not talking about that.

wa Allah ya'lam please forgive me if I am wrong.

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
thank you all for replying to the post. i think i mad a mistake in my questioning when i first posted the thread, what i should've asked was: how do we answer to the statement " we will allow a mosque near ground zero, when a church or synagogue is allowed in mecca. "

people try to use the fact that non-muslims aren't allowed in makkah as evidence that we as muslims are intolerant of other faiths.

masihuddin

There is no similarity between Mecca which is a holy sanctuary for all muslims and Ground ZERO which is niether sacred to Chtistians nor Jews Building a mosque near
ground zero does not in any way goes against the religious sentiments of Christians
and jews whereas even their entry in Mecca goes against the muslim religious injunctions

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
If that were true, then there wouldn't be Christians and Jews in Egypt, Tunis, Morocco, Iraq, Palestine, Lebanon, ...etc. There wouldn't be Hindus in India when it was ruled by Muslims and there wouldn't be Buddhists in Indonesia and Malaysia.

And the answer to the argument "we will allow a mosque near ground zero, when a church or synagogue is allowed in mecca" is "two wrongs don't make a right."

i understand what you mean. but when you say " two wrongs don't make a right. " are we wrong in the closure of makkah to the non-muslims? i got a little confused.

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
maybe it was meant the Mekka as the place in which many people live.I never read that in Mekka non-muslims can't enter.I surely know that making Hajj and 'umra at Ka'ba is only allowed to muslims.in the past it were the mushrikin who went around the Ka'ba undressed like it was Adam in Paradise.they mocked Allah's Home,so with the Arrival of the last prophetSAWS,touching Ka'ba and making Hajj/'umra was and is allowed only to muslims,the ones who really are submitted to Allah's order.

But if I made any mistakes,please correct me:wasalam:

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
Makkah and Madinah is STRICTLY OUT OF BOUND FOR NON MUSLIM!

recently, i was watching a video on youtube, regarding the proposed masjid that is being built two blocks away from the place of the 9/11 attacks in New York. there was a man that held a sign that read " We'll allow a mosque here when we can build a church or synagogue in mecca!! "

i know that only muslims are allowed into makkah, but i don't know why that is. it isn't that i have a desire to see all kinds of religion in makkah, but i am curious to know why. i have my ideas, but i'm not sure, therefore if someone asks me, i don't find it appropriate to answer based on my ideas, without the facts.

i ask that if anyone knows of the answer/s to why non-muslims aren't allowed into makkah, please post them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
:bismillah:

:bismillah:
surat At-Tawbah verse 28 "
O you who believe (in Allah's Oneness and in Allah swt Messenger Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم)!
Verily, the Mushrikun (polytheists, pagans, idolaters, disbelievers in the Oneness of Allah swt, and in the Messager of Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم)
are Najasun (impure).
So let them not come near Al-Masjidal-Haram (at Makkah) after this year; and if you fear poverty,
Allah swt will enrich you if Allah swt wills,
out of Allah swt Bounty.
Surely, Allah swt is All-Knowing, All-Wise.

The verse above have clearly stated that the non muslimis not invited to or near Al-Masjidil-Haram!
Makkah
and Madinah too!

Please be guided accordingly.
That this instruction was instructed in the holy qurán kalamullah~
Allah swt words!

I really hope that ALL non muslim must honour and respect this advice as this instructed by Almighty Allah swt~God of the universes!
:ma:
I heard many stories about some failing to follow as told,
Such as: Lost of Live!

:allahuakbar:

Allah swt most hearing and knowing what in the heart of evey living!

Allah swt Knows Best!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Brother,
Pardon me
but since you had brought up this and many again and again about this argument regarding of building mosque near ground zero!

Frankly since the day one the mishap of 911 ,
many disturbing stories was told that, that actual night
many rescuers and people saw and heard voices what believed to be no living and since that day some still witness and heard cries near the fateful incident at this ground zero site !!!

Spooky???

Question:
1.Why are ONLY mosque was propose to be bulit there?

2.Not church,school or departmental store ???

American Muslim can always choose other good place to built mosque
but even word from the American's president Mr Barrack Obama said :
He really didnt mind but please built a mosque there!<<< The President surely got a feedback! ;)

Many knows some don't!

Allah swt knows Best!

The News was world wide,we took pity over the American Muslim dispute with the non muslim there but do the non muslim very well know that our American's brothers and sisters was actually doing them a very big favour???

:ma:

:tti_sister:May Allah swt shower blesses upon all muslim world wide~Amin!

Thank you,
Take Care!

~Wassalam :)

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
Me,I can go there because I'm muslim;I also have a document that testify my revertion,so when I'll go for Hajj,I only will show that document

but a questio trespassed me:how can muslims can be distinguished from no ones?everybody can wear as muslim and enter to Mekka without being recognized,and make what muslim make.:astag:

tariq353

well its simple.... Makkah is a place of worship its not a picnic spot.....anyone who lands there is supposed to do tawaf.........non muslim cant do tawaf.......

for example suppose in an operation thetre only surgeon and staff is allowed to enter not every tom or harry......some places are meant for special purpose...and only those fullfilling the conditions are allowed to enter....

As far as the issue of Mosque at groung zero....its a shameful and pre planned act by them, we muslim didnt askd them to construct, they themselves are constructing the Center far away from ground zero and themselves are shouting and crying........

:muslim_child:
in true sense its not a mosque..its a Cultural center with facility to offer salah

Those who argue construction of church in mecca on this basis .......... actually dnt knw that its Vatican where there center is not ground Zero..nw y there r no permission for mosques in vatican.......

tariq353

that must be a hadith written at at least 400 years later so it might not be true

Thats a well established history recorded all over the history of world..........

regarding hadiths..........Hadiths are compiled not written, and mostly within 100-150 years after the death of Prophet(saw)...for recording a hadiths a strict chain of narrators is also recorded through whom it is recorded and mostly are the direct companion and their childrens there is a science of hadiths..what u wrote 400 years holds true in case of bible(kjv) which is written on the basis of documents 300-400 years aftr Jejus(pbuh)......