Hello everyone.

Muslimah:-)

Hi,
We can send you an English translation of the Qur an if you like?
There are organisations which provide them for free along with much more literature.

Thank you to everyone who has replied in this thread, I've even received help to my inbox.

You've all shown me a willingness to help and that is very good, I appreciate it.

I will be taking all of the information I have received and will try to find out as much as I can. It is a lot to get through in one go. :)

Unfortunately, I prefer to have the Quran in book form as reading on computers for long periods of time is hard for me to concentrate, and it hurts my eyes. I am grateful for the links to the Quran though. I will be buying an English translation of it as soon as I get the money.

Thank you all once again. :)

English

Min-Fadhli-Rabii

Thank you to everyone who has replied in this thread, I've even received help to my inbox.

You've all shown me a willingness to help and that is very good, I appreciate it.

I will be taking all of the information I have received and will try to find out as much as I can. It is a lot to get through in one go. :)

Unfortunately, I prefer to have the Quran in book form as reading on computers for long periods of time is hard for me to concentrate, and it hurts my eyes. I am grateful for the links to the Quran though. I will be buying an English translation of it as soon as I get the money.

May peace of Allah be unto those who follow His Guidiance,

IDCI based in Birmingham, they are giving out Qur'an & other islamic matelrials to non-muslim for free. Here is there website: http://www.idci.co.uk/home.php

I hope it helps.

If that is possible that would be brilliant, how would I get it?

I'm in England unfortunately. Thank you for the help though my friend.

Hi, let me know if the link from Birmingham help otherwise if you feel comfortable enough you can private message me your address and I will send you one.
I am in London.

esperanza

revert of many years
sorry if im negative...but ithink its not so expensive to buy a small koran,,what are of uk are u,,, most major cities have islamic bookshops.....but any other help or advice yoyu need,, just ask

Munawar

Striving for Paradise

:salam2:
Having a Quran in book form is definetly a good idea.

But if you need to understand any verse or want to know what this chapter is about then try this site. Just click on the chapter and then on the verse number and you will have the details.

http://www.tafheem.net/tafheem.html

This website has translation as well as explanation of verses and chapters. Again... you will find the explanation right there under each verse, and you can also press the "Intro" button for explanation of that chapter (aka Surah). Believe me this will help you as it has helped me many times.

Good Luck Mr. English.
:wasalam:

sorry if im negative...but ithink its not so expensive to buy a small koran,,what are of uk are u,,, most major cities have islamic bookshops.....but any other help or advice yoyu need,, just ask

There really is no saying what is expensive and what is not!
Something inexpensive to you may be very expensive to someone else!!!
Sometimes you can het stuck for pennies and means a great deal at that time.

A decent English translation of the Qur an is about ten pounds as far as I know and that is not exactly inexpensive.

English

You are right, it isn't that much money to buy a Quran, and at the moment I have no money in my bank account and probably won't have any for a couple of weeks, which is why I am trying to sell something to buy one. It's not negative, don't worry. :)

Hi, let me know if the link from Birmingham help otherwise if you feel comfortable enough you can private message me your address and I will send you one.
I am in London.

It's fine, if you're OK with that I will send you a PM. :)

Isra

aka Tree2008
This is very true. Thank you. :)

Did you believe in a God before you converted?

Sorry it has taken so long for me to answer this question Mr English. I only have internet access when I am in the city on the weekends and thats the reason I dont always respond right away.

To answer your question...........yes I have always believed in God. I was baptised Catholic as a baby by my parents and I was very involved in the church as a child - even attended Catholic school when I was in 3rd grade but by the time I was around 12 years old I decided that Catholicism was not at all right for me. I didnt find anything in it that made my heart warm or made me feel as if I was on the right path. There were too many questions that they just didnt have answers for in my opinion.

I let a few years go by without attending any church at all but then when I was in my late teen years I felt the need to find God again so I investigated several denominations of Christianity. I wound up being baptised a Mormon when I was 16 years old. I left that church once I discovered that "black" people couldnt hold any type of office in the church and they couldnt give me an explanation that made any kind of sense. I felt it was wrong to think that God could be a racist since after all he is the one who created all races in the first place! Why would he prefer one over another? That didnt seem right at all.

After that I drifted for several years until finally I gave up on churches altogether figureing that there wasnt one that didnt have the hand of man involved predominantly in it. I had read in the bible once where it said your body is the temple of the Lord so I figured what better place to pray than in your own home in your own body? Maybe it didnt make sense to anyone else but to me going to churches that cared more about the almighty dollar rather than the ALMIGHTY didnt make any sense.

Thats what made me leave church alone and even though I still and always believed in God I felt very much that he wasnt to be found in man made money hungry churches.

Wa salam

Hilal Said

You are right, it isn't that much money to buy a Quran, and at the moment I have no money in my bank account and probably won't have any for a couple of weeks, which is why I am trying to sell something to buy one. It's not negative, don't worry. :)

It's fine, if you're OK with that I will send you a PM. :)

Contact moderators of this website www.islamreligion.com, there is online help and they will send for you Quran with useful books inshallah.

:salam2: