I've turned to Islam

Tomtom

Banned
Alhamdulilahi Rabbil Alaamin

As'alaamu Alaikkum Wa Rahamtullahi Wa Barakatuhu

My name is Tom a recent revert to Islam Alhamdulilah and I will be changing my name shortly to Yunus :) I was born into a Christian family but I had no faith and I was not a regular church attendee. I suppose deep inside my heart, I questioned the deity of Jesus (pbuh) and the concept of the trinity.

If I could describe myself briefly I would say that my early life was one without God and I did everything that was wrong in the world except commit murder. I was also an Islam hater, I used to hate the Arabic language and the Muslims who wore a long beard and who used to dress funnily. There is an old Christian saying "The Lord works in mysterious ways".

I guess my search for God began within the last four to five years and I joined a few Christian social networking sites in search of answers, however all I've found was more questions and confusion. The for some strange reason I began to read the Holy Qur'an and I didn't think of it much at first, I honestly thought that parts of the Holy Qur'an were copied from the Bible, however as I began to read a few more times I realised that there were statements and bits of information in there that a seventh century Arab from Makkah could never possibly make. For example, the birth of Jesus (pbuh) was described in a completely different way, a way in which one can believe it. A pious and God fearing woman like Mary who just conceived and gave birth to a son would have been stoned to death as she was not married at the time, so the only way that she would have been rescued from her predicament was if baby Jesus (pbuh) spoke from the cradle. A miracle that Mary's family and neighbours can accept.

Anyway, belief in a God is not by proof but by faith and I thank Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala for opening my eyes and guiding me to the Straight Path, for making me a Muslim, submitting my whole being to Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala maker of the heavens and the earth, glory be to Him in the highest. Ameen.

Ershad

Assalamu Alaikkum wa rahamatullahi wabarakatuhu,

Congratulations, brother. "Yunus" is a beautiful name indeed and it is the name of one of the Prophets of Islam. May Allah keep you and me steadfast in Islam. You have, indeed, found the straight path which will lead you to the pleasure of Allah and his gardens of the paradise which we all yearn for.

Itqan Ullah

Time is Running!!
Waliekum Asslam warhmatullahi wabrakatu,
We whole heatedly welcome you to your community, plz feel free to enquire anything you like, we are all here to help each other. :)
mashallah your story is admirable.

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
:salam2:

Alhamdulilah dear brother Yusus, that Allah has guided you to Islam.

May Allah help you brother in your yourney with Islam and make your faith in Allah more strong. Ameen ya Rabby Al Ameen

Jazzak Allah khair brother for sharing your beautiful story with us.

May Allah bless you

:wasalam:

OsMaN_93

Here to help
Mashallah, a very inspiring story. Welcome to this community, I hope you find us helpful in learning more about Islam :)

esperanza

revert of many years
mashallah brother, so gald you were guided to the truth .may Allah make your path easy and help you bevcome stronger in faith

welome to the forum

bari

Alhadulillah. You got a clean slate. So are so pure now, masha Allah. Keep it pure. Quran is light. May Allah give you light in your heart.

Hajjerr

He is Dhul-Jalali Wal-Ikram
wa aleikum salam dear brother,

Happy to have such a big and warm famelly, called Ummah of The beloved Prophet saws, hamdullilah

sura An-nasr
110:1
When the victory of Allah has come and the conquest,
110:2
And you see the people entering into the religion of Allah in multitudes,
110:3
Then exalt [Him] with praise of your Lord and ask forgiveness of Him. Indeed, He is ever Accepting of repentance.

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Asalamoalaikom wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh,

Beautiful introduction. Mabrook on your reversion and welcome to TTI. Hope you enjoy your stay and benefit from it Inshaa'Allaah.

MuslimShadow

Welcome to islam.i just wonna say that many obstacles will come your way, u may feel down but bro. never let your imaan go down coz an atom's weight of imaan can lead to jannah.! Allahuakbar!

Hatty

Congratulation brother. May Allah guide all of us to the straight path and die on that path. Amen....Welcome to the community....

Mairo

Maryama

That is wonderful news, many congratulations!! Thank you for sharing your story, truly God does work in mysterious ways. I look forward to your contributions!