2010 World Cup?

stiks

Amatur-Rahman
Asalaamualaykum,

England to win (although i highly doubt it). Draw with USA! that was embarasing.... World class players against a bunch of nobodies! for shame *sigh*

Aapa

Mirajmom
Asalaam walaikum,

It takes real men to play basketball and football...the world class soccer players are just boys! And who knows maybe a USA soccer player might be able to obtain a position as a special team player for a NFL team; you know the guy who is not the most talented but can kick a ball. He is usually the shortest man on the team.

arzafar

brazil, spain and germany.

In that order. all 3 sides try to score goals and that's what i like to see.

very disappointed by spain today, although i half expected that since they are the great under achievers along with the Netherlands.

england are a joke and vastly over-rated. when you have Heskey in the starting 11, i dont know how the english can expect to win the WC. This is not third division football. also fat fwank cannot score deflected goals in internationals so he should be dropped.

dna1987

Muslim Guy
Asalaamualaykum,

England to win (although i highly doubt it). Draw with USA! that was embarasing.... World class players against a bunch of nobodies! for shame *sigh*

LOL sis*, yeh there were lots of changes on Robert Green's Wikipedia biography page by angry supporters. I think the page is on lock down for now. I don't want England to win by any means, but I wish they had beat the USA.
:salam2:

samiha

---------
Staff member
Was going to be Algeria ..but they lost their first match! As someone rightfully said, who wants to hang around on a sinking ship =P I dunno. I like Brazil.

Really, that someone must be quite insightful mashaAllaah lol. But I don't mind thinking well of Algeria for now since someone else so wisely told me of their qualifications in the tournament. I mean just think about it, Algeria is a 'cute' place, why wouldn't they win?!

You know I was going to post here before but then it felt quite odd. I mean the last time I posted in a thread like this ever was four years ago (go figure lol). I can see that definitely fanaticism with the World Cup, and following it to the extent of missing salaah, and wasting money etc would be wrong and definitely incorrect. But I can't critique watching it on occasion. Again that's simply an opinion, but I think we do have to remember that as humans at times we need separate outlets. People have different interests and hobbies. Now for some, it may be easy to turn that back to Allaah and keep themselves busy in that, however for others to whom it is not, I would rather they watch a game of soccer to keep themselves busy rather than a lot of other trash on TV!

That being said, backing the US is losing gamble. Unless of course it's blind support, which I've never had the ability to understand.

Although the lucky goal was funny, the ball is an unpredictable but cute little thing.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Blind support is the love of the game. It is hope. And hope is eternal. That is why I am rooting for my team. They are not likely to win but they have heart.

You guys enjoy your world cup...snooze..snooze.

stiks

Amatur-Rahman
brazil, spain and germany.

england are a joke and vastly over-rated. when you have Heskey in the starting 11, i dont know how the english can expect to win the WC. This is not third division football. also fat fwank cannot score deflected goals in internationals so he should be dropped.

Ouch!

:wasalam:

dna1987

Muslim Guy
Asalaam walaikum,

It takes real men to play basketball and football...the world class soccer players are just boys! And who knows maybe a USA soccer player might be able to obtain a position as a special team player for a NFL team; you know the guy who is not the most talented but can kick a ball. He is usually the shortest man on the team.

Oh no, you didn't!!! Lol.

Firstly, football is a sport where one uses their foot to kick the ball.

Secondly, RUGBY is the sport for real men and that's what they play in NZ, Australia and everywhere else. It requires everything American "football" has but without the pads and helmets that little kids wear when they ride a tricycle for the first time.
Rugby - for men
American Football - for those that can't handle being tackled.

Finally, one comment on youtube that got a lot of positive "Likes" summed things up well, and it went something like : "the United States can't compete well with other international teams at football, etc, that's why they make up their own sports that nobody else plays".

:salam2: Mirajmom Aapa. :)

samiha

---------
Staff member
Assalaam walaikum,

Blind support is the love of the game. It is hope. And hope is eternal. That is why I am rooting for my team. They are not likely to win but they have heart.

You guys enjoy your world cup...snooze..snooze.

wa 'alaykum salaam wa rahmatullah,

You know, I just might retract my statement, but to me it seems to be more love of the 'country' rather than love of the game in my head. As in previously I noticed some silly game of cricket with Bangladesh and India going on today I think and I automatically hoped that Bangladesh would win, even though I have no plans on watching a game I dont understand.

But in this case, I just don't think I have enough connection or belief in the US ability to even imagine they have a chance of winning. And if for the most part they could hold out against England (albeit defensively) and still manage a draw (however lucky!) then I dont think much of a win from that end either. But I guess it'll be interesting to see what happens anyways, and I think I'll be drawn to their matches or results regardless.

And the snoozing literally made me laugh, because that is one of the leading causes of our loss. There's simply not that much of an interest in soccer in comparison to a lot of other sports here in the US!

wasalam

arzafar

cmon rugby really?

anybody here know about polo - the one played in pakistan aka free style polo. Now that is a men's sport.

The game of Kings the King of games.

Abdul25

Logical Believer
Salam Alaikum

The whole amount of wealth in this world is Fixed!! if we gonna waste it something like these ways....we're doing Zulm to the poors...

yes...we could have enjoy or watch football and cricket and others...but dont you thing its extra...extra and extra....waste of money??

If we say that we can have entertainment(in such ways)some will say we can have enjoy the concerts....whats wrong with that....!!

If we gonna appreciate these....who will be going to make things well??

Entertainment???....thats preserved in Paradise for us Inshaa'Allah....that will be the entertainment....this is just worldly things...will make you away from the path....you going to watch matches...you son going to be watch sports with other things like...what sports involve like Music...things we need not to see in the stadium....
brother why the things going worst to worst(in world cups)....you know...coz humanity is escaping day by day.....and ppl are supporting it....

And Allah knows the best......if I say something wrong may Allah forgive me and if I hurt someone's feeling....please forgive me...

Jazakallahu Khair
wassalamu alaikum

islam doesn't say that go and live in a cave.this is life man, some groups have killed 2 persons in somalia for watching the football and they have put ban on it, insane and ridiculous, thanks to almighty Allah i have got myself free from such thinking,now they will say, dont watch tv, dont use internet, dont watch football, dont play any game, dont do this , dont do that, this will make life too difficult to live wih..

dna1987

Muslim Guy
wa 'alaykum salaam wa rahmatullah,

You know, I just might retract my statement, but to me it seems to be more love of the 'country' rather than love of the game in my head. As in previously I noticed some silly game of cricket with Bangladesh and India going on today I think and I automatically hoped that Bangladesh would win, even though I have no plans on watching a game I dont understand.

Guess what? I went to Bangladesh for the first time in 17 years in January 2010 with my family, and we had tea with Shakib Al Hasan (you know who he is, right? www.cricinfo.com). He gave us VIP tickets to the test match between India and Bangladesh in Dhaka. He became friends with my older brother (and now me :)) after he injured himself in Australia and my brother was a junior doctor who met him when he came to the hospital.

cmon rugby really?

anybody here know about polo - the one played in pakistan aka free style polo. Now that is a men's sport.

The game of Kings the King of games.

Rugby is great. I used to dislike it when I first moved from England to NZ.....but within a few years of school here, I got really into it. It's actually fun to watch and play.

stiks

Amatur-Rahman
Finally, one comment on youtube that got a lot of positive "Likes" summed things up well, and it went something like : "the United States can't compete well with other international teams at football, etc, that's why they make up their own sports that nobody else plays".

:salam2: Mirajmom Aapa. :)

Here here

:wasalam:

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

You guys enjoy your naps...I'm going to watch the 7th game of the NBA..wow..LA and Boston...and I'm going to cheer for Boston...LA is the better city..hate Boston..love the team.

Just think guys a soccer play needs a ladder to reach the top of the goal post..that's what basketball players use for arm rests.

Enjoy your games.

saifkhan

abd-Allah
islam doesn't say that go and live in a cave.this is life man, some groups have killed 2 persons in somalia for watching the football and they have put ban on it, insane and ridiculous, thanks to almighty Allah i have got myself free from such thinking,now they will say, dont watch tv, dont use internet, dont watch football, dont play any game, dont do this , dont do that, this will make life too difficult to live wih..

Salam alaikum

Me too was a blind soccer lover....blind supporter of Argentina.....
at the last world cup...after their loosing....I cried a lot...you cant even imagine....

I'm not saying not to watch TV/not to use Internet....i think you didnt get my point....I was sportsman.....I was a professional Discus throw/shot-put and hammer player....was a participator in ICC cricket weeks.....

bit the thing is....things getting worst and worst.......humanity is scaping out from us.....we play/watch tv...but go to the field...millions of millions of money is being spending.....for what...for education/for charity/for medical.....I'm giving you an example:

what we do....ppl demanding destruction, so hollywoods going to make films...destroying things....spending millions of money....for what? to show us what we want to see....and they are picking that cost(some multiple amount) from our pocket....so ultimately what are we doing?.....we are buying destruction.....same thing....

anyways.....its my personal opinion....I'd love to spend my time to something more rewarding inshaa'Allah......Im not telling to boycott ....but boycotting these....I want to show that I DONT WANT TO BE THE PART OF THAT TYPE OF ENTERTAINMENT......did i tell/ask anybody to leave these....you got me wrong....bro/sis....

Anyways......May Allah SWT guide us....and please forgive me if I've hurted your feelings....and May Allah forgive me if I've said something wrong.

Jazakallahu Khair
wassalamu alaikum

sliver

I am loving the love for brazil here. Hope who ever brazil faces is good enough like spain or something. 2010 WORLD CUP CHAMPS BRAZIL

sliver

Assalaam walaikum,

You guys enjoy your naps...I'm going to watch the 7th game of the NBA..wow..LA and Boston...and I'm going to cheer for Boston...LA is the better city..hate Boston..love the team.

Just think guys a soccer play needs a ladder to reach the top of the goal post..that's what basketball players use for arm rests.

Enjoy your games.

I cant believe it a Boston fan. I hope my lakers win once again.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

I like team sports. The Lakers are a one man team. Besides..my father was a Kareem fan. We had to root for the Lakers back in the day. I like Garnett..you know Muslims raised him.

Brother Sakikhan..you are correct..but even the Prophet may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him, liked to race.

Go Celtics..Beat LA...Beat LA