2010 World Cup?

dna1987

Muslim Guy
A range of teams: Brazil is usually up there. But so is Ivory Coast.

I don't mind if Germany, Nigeria, Japan or NZ win, though that's going to be unilkely.

I don't want Italy, Spain or Serbia to win.

Assalam alakum.

Abdul25

Logical Believer
always been a die hard fan of Argentina.
lionel messi will do the job, he is the man out there..
lol.

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
Was going to be Algeria ..but they lost their first match! As someone rightfully said, who wants to hang around on a sinking ship =P I dunno. I like Brazil.

Defo want most European countries to lose. (England too!)

Wow, two people got killed in Somalia for watching the World Cup....what??
http://af.reuters.com/article/topNews/idAFJOE65E0JW20100615

I don't believe such reports..thats trying slightly too hard in the propaganda department if you ask me.

I was thinking how cool would it be if some place like North Korea won the World Cup. Lol, that would be funny as.

Wa-salaam

FreedomFighter

:wasalam:

Though it sounds exciting, it's kind of bad. Not to say we can't have competitions, competitions can be healthy, but here is about nationalism. That can lead to killing of others, because of the ego. Nationalism is a big divider among us. And what's football? Two teams consisting of eleven men chasing a ball trying to get it in the net. LOL

And why does a football player, who just kicks a ball get more money than a teacher who educates? Education seems more important than getting a ball into a goal. And with all this money, we still can't expect poverty to decrease, at least in where it should.

I'm not saying football is bad, but some things are exaggerated.

dna1987

Muslim Guy
Was going to be Algeria ..but they lost their first match! As someone rightfully said, who wants to hang around on a sinking ship =P I dunno. I like Brazil.

:)

Defo want most European countries to lose. (England too!)
:SMILY259:

I was thinking how cool would it be if some place like North Korea won the World Cup. Lol, that would be funny as.
:D

I said that just before the World Cup started...almost word for word!! And it would've been good if DPRK was in the same group as USA and they beat them soundly.

I don't believe such reports..thats trying slightly too hard in the propaganda department if you ask me.
Hmm, there are heaps of other sources that say the same thing. And no source having an opposing piece on it.

Anyways, did anybody see the Brazil vs North Korea match? They are playing quite well. I'm sad that those two teams and Ivory Coast were all clumped together in Group G. One of them will have to lose...oh and the New Zealand match! :) People over here were and are really happy just with the draw.
:salam2:

saifkhan

abd-Allah
Salam Alaikum

As a Muslim...should we support world cups?...whether it is football or cricket.....Millions of millions of money being spent in this rubbish things.....for what ? to set a electronic chip in the T-shirt?....to manufacture a ball!!!! to manage a team...to decarate a stadium? to celebrate the opening ceremony???
where they gonna just dedicate the first goal to education.......to H*ll with this goal....will that gonna help the education???? alone in Africa there are millions of children,ppl living below the poverty level..!!!

and what we do.....buy some BIG BIG plasma TV.......to buy T-shirts...but cant giver charity...Im not only talking about Muslims....all in general!!!

what we do...waste our time to watch these!!!!
cant we remember the Hadeeth:

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69701

Well said brothe FREEDOMFIGHTER.....thums up....
we need to awake for the sake of Allah...we got to help the Humanity....Islam doesnt involve just Praying SalaH 5 times,wearing Hijab, keeping beard and using Miswak....
It involves the feeling foe the Humanity and to do something for the Humanity....

May Allah SWT help us to find out the truth....right path...

Barakallahu feekum
Wassalam

we muslim should

saifkhan

abd-Allah
Walaykum assalam.

Brother Syef, cant we have some entertainment in our lives? :)

Salam Alaikum

The whole amount of wealth in this world is Fixed!! if we gonna waste it something like these ways....we're doing Zulm to the poors...

yes...we could have enjoy or watch football and cricket and others...but dont you thing its extra...extra and extra....waste of money??

If we say that we can have entertainment(in such ways)some will say we can have enjoy the concerts....whats wrong with that....!!

If we gonna appreciate these....who will be going to make things well??

Entertainment???....thats preserved in Paradise for us Inshaa'Allah....that will be the entertainment....this is just worldly things...will make you away from the path....you going to watch matches...you son going to be watch sports with other things like...what sports involve like Music...things we need not to see in the stadium....
brother why the things going worst to worst(in world cups)....you know...coz humanity is escaping day by day.....and ppl are supporting it....

And Allah knows the best......if I say something wrong may Allah forgive me and if I hurt someone's feeling....please forgive me...

Jazakallahu Khair
wassalamu alaikum

dna1987

Muslim Guy
^ Assalam alaikum,
Teachers are more valuable to us than football players. But unfortunately, there are a lot more people willing to pay 20 cents (not much) to watch Lionel Messi play (millions of people) than pay money for people to teach them. Same goes for other mainstream professions. It's sad but that's just how things work.

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
Your taxes are being used to fund the world cup anyway. I don't think theres any harm in having a slight preference for a certain team over another, makes no difference to anything. I doubt many muslims are going to let this take over their lives and give in to all out hooliganism.

Sure, there are better ways to spend ones time..

During the first england match, it did cross my mind as to 'what am I doing here?' Then I remembered I had just spent the last 20 minutes discussing child labour and exploitation of third world countries with my younger brother when he asked me, where the football must have been made and how much it may have cost for it to be produced etc. We discused globalisation, I don't see that as time wasted =P

Even a football match can be turned into something useful ..sometimes

wa-salaam

WithAllahsPowers

WE ARE PROTECTED
i like Brazil. i hope they win.

in 2000, the world cup game, i told everyone Brazil will win. i was young about 17 and all i said that would win is BRAZIL. when they played against Germany, i still kept saying Brazil, you would be surprised how many people laughed and said no way, Germany will win and you will soon see your wrong. back than i took the game serious. i do now, but im a bit over it as in 'oh brazil has to win' etc, i was young and childish. very childish. subhan allah.

anyway, when Brazil won, my brother in law was at a wedding, he never believed me when i called and told him. then he heard from someone else at the wedding and then he freaked. he loves Germany, so much older then me and he was more into it than me so i guess i shouldnt say i was childish. lol.

me, i almost cried, cried in happiness. i dont know why but i was so proud and happy. off course i would be, i was right. lol. na, it was coz Brazil won.

subhan allah, Germany are very good mashallah, but i just dislike them after what happen in 2000. lol. i always hope they loose.

in 2006 i couldnt watch the world cup happily or properly coz my son was born. but sometimes when he woke up in the middle of the night and couldnt sleep as he was only weeks old, i turn on the t.v and watch with him.

this is year, there is no baby, i put kids early to sleep and watch a game or preview of a previous game.

-----------------------------------
but... BRAZIL in the end will win inshallah. its not about whose better i reckon, its just a coincidence who wins. its like by accident or chance. i really dont look at it as in the best nation / country wins. like in 2006, Italy won, but that was 100% coincidence / accident. but they did play very well so did other countries. if this match was to repeat, Italy may not have won. like in 2000, Brazil also won coincidence, if this match was repeated at the time, who knows, Germany might win. thats only my point of view. but Italy, Germany, brazil, all the nations are good and they all try hard. but....

BRAZIL IN THE END WILL WIN, whether accident, coincidence, by chance, i dont care how it happens, they gotta win!

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Enough enough..the real game will be played on Thursday night in LA. The hard working blue collar representatives of sports, The Boston Celtics, will take home the prize.

Now you want to talk football..log in in August..I love Donovan McNabb.

This soccer stuff puts me to sleep....as the rating are showing I am not alone.