Airline Security getting horrible each day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
:salam2:

I'm surprised there isn't anything about this posted on TTI. All news sites are exploding with this news:

Airport screeners get more aggressive with pat-downs

WASHINGTON — The government's aggressive new pat-down searches at airports are raising privacy concerns and dividing frequent fliers.
Transportation Security Administration (TSA) security screeners last week began more aggressively patting down airline passengers as a matter of policy across the country. The agency calls it one of its several layers of security to keep travelers safe.

"Pat downs are one important tool to help TSA detect hidden and dangerous items such as explosives," the agency says.

MORE: U.S. extends ban on air cargo from Yemen

The new searches are done with screeners' hands sliding over a passenger's body. However, the searches require screeners to touch passengers' breasts and genitals. And that's prompting some fliers and the American Civil Liberties Union to question the policy's intrusiveness and effectiveness.

Frequent business traveler Richard Boyd of Beverly Hills says the pat downs "serve no real purpose."

"It's another TSA delusion of enhancing security," Boyd says. "It will accomplish nothing other than adding to a traveler's frustration and time required to clear security. It should be abandoned before implemented."

Pat-down searches are used when a passenger sets off a metal detector, chooses not to go through a "full-body" scanning machine or the machine detects something suspicious.

'Invasive' techniques

Frequent flier Leslie Ashor says she advocates "anything that keeps us safe," but she's concerned about a search she underwent Thursday at Denver's airport.

"I stood there thinking that this is somewhat humiliating, even though I didn't know all the people around me," says Ashor, an architect from San Diego. "As a woman, it is somewhat unnerving to have someone touching you in these areas in full public view."

The TSA has private screening areas, but Ashor says she doesn't opt to use them to save time.

An effective pat down "has to be invasive" and touch both breasts and genitals, says Billie Vincent, a former security director for the Federal Aviation Administration. "It is clearly a technique that most people would consider an invasion of their privacy."

Vincent says the new procedures were instituted because the TSA wants to make pat downs as effective as the full-body scanning machines.

The machines — considered by some fliers to be virtual strip searches — were installed at many airports in March after a Christmas Day airline bombing attempt. The TSA plans to have about 1,000 installed by the end of next year.

Chris Calabrese, a lawyer with the American Civil Liberties Union, says the more aggressive pat downs should be stopped until a thorough analysis of the policy is done.

"Are we giving people two intolerable actions at airports?" Calabrese asks. "They can be virtually strip-searched or endure a really aggressive grope?"

The TSA says privacy is an important consideration and stresses that the searches are done by personnel of the same gender as passengers.

"We look to ensure people's privacy while ensuring the skies are safe," says TSA spokesman Nicholas Kimball.

The more aggressive pat-down procedures were tested this summer at airports in Boston and Las Vegas before implementation at all airports. The new pat-down method is as "ineffective as any other method they use," says flier Patrick Mathiowetz of Middleton, Wis.

Mathiowetz, a sales director in the dairy products manufacturing industry, says he gets patted down whenever he refuses to go through a "full-body" scanning machine or a carry-on baggage screener detects something suspicious in his briefcase.

Some support searches

Some frequent fliers support the more aggressive pat downs.

Rob Newman of Los Angeles supports the TSA's attempts to improve security. He says a terrorist could conceal a weapon in the buttocks and welcomes more thorough searches.

"I'm all for whatever is most effective in ensuring the plane I get on is safe," he says.

Frequent flier Jay Burns of the Village of Loch Lloyd, Mo., agrees. "If this stops a terrorist, I am in favor," Burns says.

The TSA won't discuss details of pat-down procedures or its overall security policies. However, it warns in a statement: "Passengers should continue to expect an unpredictable mix of security layers that include explosives trace detection, advanced imaging technology, canine teams, among others."

Contributing: Associated Press

This is so horrible. How could anyone feel comfortable flying with this mess? Either you have to go through a scanner which shoots massive cancer-causing XRay doses into you, or you have to be forced into a highly aggressive (aka abusive) patdown. This story only lists half the horror.. reality of what is happening is worse. I can't even write about the truth! Astaghfiruallah, may Allah protect us from this!

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
It's horrible - the security is giving only two choices: Either go through a body scanner that shows a person's body picture completely (and is stored as well, according to some newssites, not to mention getting a huge dose of cancer causing xray), or resort to a pat-down.. which is actually being -thoroughly physically groped - I have read some accounts, and the pat down is leaving women and children in tears because they are too private.

I wish I never go to an airport again while this system is in place. I pray Allah brings destruction to the people who are causing the world to deteriorate.

kayleigh

It's ridiculous and TSA doesn't always enforce the same sex only pat-down rules, or will only supply you with a same sex officer if you specifically ask for one. It's a total invasion of privacy, and it is especially bad for people who have been victims of sexual assault.

We don't have these things at the airport where I live, but I suppose its only a matter of time. You can thank the morons who try to put explosives on planes for this.

Fatima_ahmad

well its quite strange to see that what is going on in this country..well thats sad to see the airlines condition....May ALLAH bless us all...

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
It's ridiculous and TSA doesn't always enforce the same sex only pat-down rules, or will only supply you with a same sex officer if you specifically ask for one. It's a total invasion of privacy, and it is especially bad for people who have been victims of sexual assault.

We don't have these things at the airport where I live, but I suppose its only a matter of time. You can thank the morons who try to put explosives on planes for this.

:salam2: sis,

I believe that there were no terrorist bombers in the first place - all this was just done to create more control by the government over the common people. NWO, and all that..

JenGiove

:salam2: Brothers and Sisters,

Because my husband works in the security field on a military base, I just asked him about the body scanners. I asked how much of the body could be seen IE: private parts and who sees what. Here's the scoop.....I forgot to ask about images being saved, sorry.

The person who is standing there directing the subject never see's a screen.

The person watching the screen is at a remote location and never sees the subject.

The computer software blurr's out the face so you you would never be recognized.

He used this example:

If he was watching the screen and his high school teacher walked through the screen, he would never know.

As for those "deadly cancer causing rays"...since the rays can not scan into the body, just the surface, I seriously doubt the authenticity of that fact. I'll investigate it tho, if you'd like.

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
Sis Jen, it's still showing our awrah (the parts of the body meant to be covered) so Islamically, (and ethically really) these machines are very wrong.

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
:salam2: Brothers and Sisters,

Because my husband works in the security field on a military base, I just asked him about the body scanners. I asked how much of the body could be seen IE: private parts and who sees what. Here's the scoop.....I forgot to ask about images being saved, sorry.

The person who is standing there directing the subject never see's a screen.

The person watching the screen is at a remote location and never sees the subject.

The computer software blurr's out the face so you you would never be recognized.

He used this example:

If he was watching the screen and his high school teacher walked through the screen, he would never know.

As for those "deadly cancer causing rays"...since the rays can not scan into the body, just the surface, I seriously doubt the authenticity of that fact. I'll investigate it tho, if you'd like.

:wasalam:

It doesn't matter if the person who views the X ray image in a confined room or not. We as muslims believe that it is an invasion of our privacy. And our scholars have already mentioned that it is in violation of Islamic modesty. Even if a passenger's scanned image is seen by the same gender, it is impermissible.

It has already been enforced in Europe on transatlantic flights. If you have been to airports such as Amsterdam, you should have seen the body scanners and also been accustomed to pat downs. Thankfully, I wasn't asked to pass through a scanner the last time I travelled or I would have refused outright.

And the images have been published in The Guardian a while back of how the Xray images look and what they reveal. It is totally unacceptable to us as muslims.

Alhamdulillah we don't have such problems back home in muslim countries.

JenGiove

So what solution do you have for the problem of safety for everyone, including the plane itself? There has to be safety measures in place and it can not just be a matter of trust and faith. I understand your concerns tho. Truly I do. I just wanted to post at least a small measure of assurance that there is anonymity.

BrotherInIslam, what would have happened if you had to refused? You would have been "detained" and you would have been questioned and forced to strip and you would be shouting about your violation even louder. You also would have not been allowed to fly and would have been placed on the "watch list" simply because you said no to an anonymous scan.

How are these issues resolved in Islam?

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member

So what solution do you have for the problem of safety for everyone, including the plane itself? There has to be safety measures in place and it can not just be a matter of trust and faith. I understand your concerns tho. Truly I do. I just wanted to post at least a small measure of assurance that there is anonymity.

:wasalam:

If the awrah is exposed, it doesn't matter if the face is exposed or not. That is a non issue.

BrotherInIslam, what would have happened if you had to refused? You would have been "detained" and you would have been questioned and forced to strip and you would be shouting about your violation even louder. You also would have not been allowed to fly and would have been placed on the "watch list" simply because you said no to an anonymous scan.

How are these issues resolved in Islam?

No, refusal to pass through body scanners do not result in detention. That would be the most ridiculous thing if it were true. Rather as mentioned in the article, you would then have to go through a quite intrusive pat down.

If you ask me personally, women should not put through such intensive body search. They have not been any reported cases of women plotting to take explosives on a plane, so they should just pass through metal detectors (as the general practice is).

For the men, if they do feel the need to search them extensively. Then I feel they should perform a less intrusive body pat down. The metal detectors do a quite good job in detecting if a passenger is taking any prohibited items on board.

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah

Respected brother, people who are saying no to the scanners are being given horrible pat downs. There was an American guy (who also made it to CNN). He refused to go through the scanner - he refused to be touched by a patdown. They said he could not board the flight, and so he got his ticket refunded (I'm surprised they did that.) When he was about to leave, they said he wasn't allowed to leave the secure zone once he entered it, if he did not accept the scanner or patdown, otherwise they would file a suit on him if he just walked away. Guess what happened? He politely walked away, and he is now facing a lawsuit and a $10,000 fine.

Now I know many people do not believe/or want to believe in the tyranny that the American govt is getting into (NWO etc), but it is happening. People are being molested. There are countless videos of the TSA doing intrusive searches on even infants who cannot even walk! It is scaring me like anything, that the world is getting dajjalified. I had to go through the scanner at Amsterdam - I had no knowledge of what it was, but they were shouting at everyone to go through. Now I don't ever want to fly again until they are keeping these measures up, but I would dearly like to escape to a muslim country. However, if they close out routes by putting up these horrible measures, what are people to do?

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

There is a movement scheduled for November 24th in the US. People are going to refuse going through the scanners and "opt out" for the groping. It is called "opt out" day.

alf2

Islam is a way of life
These X-rays reveal your body figure, as well. This is really horrific. It reveals our awrah to them.

Those are just AWFUL! And should really not be used on everyone, just people they think are like smuggling drugs internally (swallowing it and such) It's not just Muslims who oppose them, I've seen many Christians and Jews do it as well.

As for pat downs, I dont care about those as long as the officer is a female. I believe we're allowed to refuse the pat down by a male in America.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

To please the Zionist dogs they treat us like animals..all for the love of the almight Jew..

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
As for pat downs, I dont care about those as long as the officer is a female. I believe we're allowed to refuse the pat down by a male in America.

I wouldn't be comfortable with the patdowns even if it is a female - they are groping people everywhere.. no no no no no. How can we stop this? What is the solution?

As for opt out day, lets see if it does anything. I'm seriously thinking they might make a false flag attack and then make all these things seem more legal. But its just plain wrong. Astaghfirullah! "Whence will come the help of Allah?" :(

alf2

Islam is a way of life
I wouldn't be comfortable with the patdowns even if it is a female - they are groping people everywhere.. no no no no no. How can we stop this? What is the solution?

As for opt out day, lets see if it does anything. I'm seriously thinking they might make a false flag attack and then make all these things seem more legal. But its just plain wrong. Astaghfirullah! "Whence will come the help of Allah?" :(

I feel this measure is not against Muslims purely, there ARE attempted attacks on planes and people attempt to smuggle drugs through airports each day - A lot of the security measures ARE there for our safety. Can you imagine an airport with no security at all??

But if they think they can pat down 90% of travelers and still function in a timely manner, they're crazy.

There is nothing we can really do, if you refuse the pat down as well as the body scanner, I think you just don't fly that day :girl3:

justoneofmillion

'Abdullah Ibn 'Omar said, The Prophet stood up to address the people. He praised Allah as He deserved to be praised, then he spoke about the Dajjal: 'I warn you against him; there is no Prophet who has not warned his people against him, even Noah warned his people against him. But I will tell you something which no other Prophet has told his people. You must know that the Dajjal is one-eyed, and Allah is not one-eyed.'"

"The Prophet said, 'Shall I tell you something about the Dajjal which no Prophet has ever told his people before me? The Dajjal is one-eyed and will bring with him something which will resemble Paradise and Hell; but that which he calls Paradise will in fact be Hell. I warn you against him as Noah warned his people against him.'" (al-Bukhari, Muslim)

25755_f520.jpg

Police state the rise of Fema

[yt]Klqv9t1zVww[/yt]

wassalaam.

Status
Not open for further replies.