Amazing double life a growing trend among Muslim girls

Status
Not open for further replies.

umm hussain

Asalam alaikum warahmatullah everyone

I saw 3-4 girls this morning in one of our 'back' roads coming back from dropping my son off at nursery. They were busy rearranging their 'hijabs' more appropriately their head coverings since hijab isnt about covering the hair only.

Most probably left home with proper headscarf and when they met they were helping each other ut it on the right way.

They dont seem to care who sees them as long it isnt one of their family members. They wouldnt get out of my way so I had to go round them which meant me going onto the road because they were busy on the pavement.

One of them said 'your bra' is showing and they started laughing. So sad. Some of us leave all this Jahiliya to come to something that makes sense thanks to Allah but there are some who admire the filth we are coming from. I guess guidance is from Allah and if Allah wills good for a person he will give that person understanding of the deen.

With what I Have experienced I would not bother giving these girls dawah at the moment their doing this. Dawah has its time and place and most probably they will not listen as with past experience with a sis at Uni I tried to 'tell' to put her hijab on she was ok alhamdulillah and she was sort of listening and one day she said to me out of all my friends you are the only one trying to make me wear hijab. I said I am not trying to make you do anything, I am just trying to make you understand. She was also going on about how she will be viewed as weird in her family because her mum and sisters didnt wear it. I said non in my family wear it either so it shouldn't be an issue. I tried to tell her about the punishment of not wearing hijab about the importance etc and she said she already knows but just wasn't ready

Another sis knows as well the importance, the punishment but doesnt think it is important at all. Her mom doesnt wear hijab either and many family members. These Asians they think Islam is a culture and for some reason feel they dont have to work for paradise but somehow already guaranteed. Her mom the other day said to me when you come to the wedding please wear something pretty, Lol... meaning i shouldnt wear my dull coloured jilbabs and hijabs but be as bright and colourful as a 'christmas' tree, but some sari or shawal khamis( whatever its called.

I have been invited to my second Asian wedding, I am sure I will stand out like a sore thumb, first of all being black and covered from head to toe, when everyone is hijabless and colourful with music and free mixing as well probably. When I insisted we sit in the other lounge the last time I went to their house, this sisters mom said you are behaving like the Pakistanis now, they always eat separately, meaning the men and the women and how she cant stand it. They are from India.

Anyway I believe the majority of these Asian girls know what they are doing and choose to behave or act as they do. They shouldnt use the excuse of parents it is up to them now to find out about Islam and help their in most cases uneducated parents to follow proper Quran and sunnah and educate them like some sisters do its not easy but at least try and if it doesnt work just do it out of fear of Allah and behave yourselves and fear Allah more than your parents.

Inshallah brothers who keep themselves to get married to sincere sisters will meet sincere sisters, those who are willing to please Allah and not those who are glad they did what they did and do not repent but probably regret getting married and then causing brothers grief. In some cases they turn feminists in the marriage as well. Those girls who wear niqab as well by day and take it off at night probably do not want to be recognised by their party mates during the day when they are with their parents and families. Imagine someone saying how stoned you were last night or what mischief you were into when they recognise you in the streets, therefore the niqab becomes necessary for them and unfortunately it does happen.

So for those who think the sister in Niqab is the most pious then think again. Instead of judging a sister by dress rather make isthikar and leave everything in Allahs hands. Maybe a sister without Niqab will bring you more happiness inshallah and might even be more pious and help towards deen.

I dont think these two faced sisters really deserve our duas and Allah knows best. There are plenty more brothers and sisters being raped, murdered and tortured etc who deserve this rather than those who choose to put themselves into situations they shouldnt be in. You cant make dua for someone not to go to a night club for example I think that is just a waste of dua. Those people have free choice like everyone.

zarah

Islam
Staff member
Asalam alaikum warahmatullah everyone

I saw 3-4 girls this morning in one of our 'back' roads coming back from dropping my son off at nursery. They were busy rearranging their 'hijabs' more appropriately their head coverings since hijab isnt about covering the hair only.

Most probably left home with proper headscarf and when they met they were helping each other ut it on the right way.

They dont seem to care who sees them as long it isnt one of their family members. They wouldnt get out of my way so I had to go round them which meant me going onto the road because they were busy on the pavement.

One of them said 'your bra' is showing and they started laughing. So sad. Some of us leave all this Jahiliya to come to something that makes sense thanks to Allah but there are some who admire the filth we are coming from. I guess guidance is from Allah and if Allah wills good for a person he will give that person understanding of the deen.

With what I Have experienced I would not bother giving these girls dawah at the moment their doing this. Dawah has its time and place and most probably they will not listen as with past experience with a sis at Uni I tried to 'tell' to put her hijab on she was ok alhamdulillah and she was sort of listening and one day she said to me out of all my friends you are the only one trying to make me wear hijab. I said I am not trying to make you do anything, I am just trying to make you understand. She was also going on about how she will be viewed as weird in her family because her mum and sisters didnt wear it. I said non in my family wear it either so it shouldn't be an issue. I tried to tell her about the punishment of not wearing hijab about the importance etc and she said she already knows but just wasn't ready

Another sis knows as well the importance, the punishment but doesnt think it is important at all. Her mom doesnt wear hijab either and many family members. These Asians they think Islam is a culture and for some reason feel they dont have to work for paradise but somehow already guaranteed. Her mom the other day said to me when you come to the wedding please wear something pretty, Lol... meaning i shouldnt wear my dull coloured jilbabs and hijabs but be as bright and colourful as a 'christmas' tree, but some sari or shawal khamis( whatever its called.

I have been invited to my second Asian wedding, I am sure I will stand out like a sore thumb, first of all being black and covered from head to toe, when everyone is hijabless and colourful with music and free mixing as well probably. When I insisted we sit in the other lounge the last time I went to their house, this sisters mom said you are behaving like the Pakistanis now, they always eat separately, meaning the men and the women and how she cant stand it. They are from India.

Anyway I believe the majority of these Asian girls know what they are doing and choose to behave or act as they do. They shouldnt use the excuse of parents it is up to them now to find out about Islam and help their in most cases uneducated parents to follow proper Quran and sunnah and educate them like some sisters do its not easy but at least try and if it doesnt work just do it out of fear of Allah and behave yourselves and fear Allah more than your parents.

Inshallah brothers who keep themselves to get married to sincere sisters will meet sincere sisters, those who are willing to please Allah and not those who are glad they did what they did and do not repent but probably regret getting married and then causing brothers grief. In some cases they turn feminists in the marriage as well. Those girls who wear niqab as well by day and take it off at night probably do not want to be recognised by their party mates during the day when they are with their parents and families. Imagine someone saying how stoned you were last night or what mischief you were into when they recognise you in the streets, therefore the niqab becomes necessary for them and unfortunately it does happen.

So for those who think the sister in Niqab is the most pious then think again. Instead of judging a sister by dress rather make isthikar and leave everything in Allahs hands. Maybe a sister without Niqab will bring you more happiness inshallah and might even be more pious and help towards deen.

I dont think these two faced sisters really deserve our duas and Allah knows best. There are plenty more brothers and sisters being raped, murdered and tortured etc who deserve this rather than those who choose to put themselves into situations they shouldnt be in. You cant make dua for someone not to go to a night club for example I think that is just a waste of dua. Those people have free choice like everyone.

:salam2:

Sis,I know what you mean, I think nowadays sisters with hijab have gone more advanced then the ones without…

:wasalam:

kayleigh

is i found Islam, and saw it as an opportunity to get out of all that crap.
nasty girls, ignorance, lying and the whole bit.

I agree.

This whole issue reminds me - the other day I was filling out a job application and signing some papers agreeing to their drug and alcohol policy and to agree to take a drug test if necessary. I realized that if I had been signing those papers 6 months ago, I would have to worry about it and count the days to make sure the drugs were out of my system. And now, I'll never have to worry about any of that again. It feels so good to be away from all that stuff.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Let us finish this and attend to more important matters. For those who are still caught in the needs of this world..leave them be. There are always going to be a group that is not serious. Even in the time of our prophet (swas) there were groups that could not be serious.
For those who are comfortable with their faith..and themselves it is time to say Alhumdullilah.
For the brother who wrote that he prays he will not marry such an "experienced " girl..is it not written in the Holy Quran..what types marry what types? Not to worry.
At best we know Allah forgives us when we seek forgiveness with a true and contrite heart.
I beg you to devote our energies to the betterment of our ummah. Let us show our suffering sisters and brothers we are there for them. Let us devote our energies to end their suffering.

Bluegazer

Assalamu Alaikum,

I'd like to mention three points:

Firstly, bringing up the matter of these girls and talking about the wrong they did does not constitute backbiting [pronounced in Arabic as Gheebah] because they were not mentioned by name of by characteristics that would make it easy to know their names.

That was mentioned also by brother Al-Kashmiri in post # 17 on this thread.

The following is a religious opinion [fatwa] found on the website supervised by Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid. It's an answer to question no. 44615 [He said that he committed zina with a woman but he was lying[. Please read the whole fatwa, and take special note of the parts I coloured red:

Question:

I am suffering deep torment because of a sin that I committed in the past, and I do not know how to rid myself of it. My life has been turned into hell because of this thing.

Five years ago I was living in a religious vacuum, and I was far away from Allaah. I have a cousin who was the only friend I had in the whole world. One day the Shaytaan tricked me, and I told my cousin that I had an illicit relationship with some girls, but in fact I had no relationship at all with them.
I do not know the punishment for this sin.

Unfortunately I thought that manhood meant having relationships with women as many young men think nowadays.

No one knows about this and news of it did not reach those women.
In Ramadaan last year I repented to Allaah. I had a relationship with some women by phone and internet, so I told them that I had repented and severed my ties with them.

I felt the sweetness of faith that I had never felt before.

But I still remember the sin that I committed several years ago. It has to do with people’s honour. I prayed istikhaarah and thought about it a great deal, and I am still hesitant. Should I tell my friend that I lied to him so as to prove to him that these women are innocent of what I said about them, in which case I will lose my only friend when he sees that I lied to him? Or should I keep quiet and not say anything, but I fear Allaah’s punishment for this sin, so what should I do?.

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

We ask Allaah to forgive your sin and to conceal your fault, and to help you avoid temptations both obvious and hidden. With regard to your question, it can be answered in the following points:

1 – It seems from your question that the one whom you accused of committing forbidden actions is a specific woman whom you and your cousin know. If it is a specific, known, woman, then this is slander by you against her, which is a major sin and an abhorrent forbidden action, because it is a slander against her honour and a transgression of the limits set by Allaah. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, as was narrated by Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him): “Avoid the seven sins that doom one to Hell.” They said: “O Messenger of Allaah, what are they?” He said: “Associating others with Allaah (shirk), witchcraft, killing a soul whom Allaah has forbidden us to kill, except when it is lawful, consuming riba, consuming the orphan’s wealth, running away from the battlefield, and slandering chaste believing women who never even think of anything touching their chastity (cf. al-Noor 24:23).” Narrated by al-Bukhaari, no. 2615; Muslim, 89.

As well as slandering that woman, you are also saying that you yourself committed zina, even if you are lying.

But if it is not a specific women, for example you said, “I did such and such with a woman,” and did not refer to a specific woman, then this is not regarded as slandering anyone, but you are still saying that you committed zina for which a hadd punishment is deserved, so you have to clear your own name.

It says in Badaa’i’ al-Sanaa’i’: If a person says, “I committed zina with a woman, but I do not know who she was,”, his confession is valid and he should be punished. Badaa’i’ al-Sanaa’i’, 7/51

2 – If it is a specific woman, but you have repented and regret what you did, part of your repentance is to tell others that you were lying, so you have to tell your cousin that you were not telling the truth, because you have to clear the name of that chaste woman. It is not permissible for you to give precedence to the friendship with your cousin by slandering the honour of a Muslim woman.

Ibn Qudaamah said in al-Mughni:

The apparent meaning of Ahmad’s words is that the repentance of the slanderer is to state that he was lying. So he should say, “I was lying when I said that.” This is the view of al-Shaafa’i. Ibn ‘Abd al-Barr said: Those who said that also include Sa’eed ibn al-Musayyib, ‘Ata’, Tawoos, al-Shu’bi, Ishaaq, Abu ‘Ubayd and Abu Thawr.

‘Abd al-Razzaaq narrated in al-Musannaf (5/77) that Tawoos said: His repentance (i.e., the one who accused someone of zina) is to say that he was lying.

3 – You should note that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever seeks the pleasure of Allaah by angering people, Allaah will suffice him against people, but whoever seeks to please people by angering Allaah, Allaah will leave him to the people.” Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, no. 2414; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani.

This hadeeth indicates that what you fear of a bad relationship between you and your cousin is an insignificant matter. Whoever obeys Allaah and seeks to please Him, Allaah will suffice him against people. So you should care more about your relationship with your Lord than your relationship with your cousin. Remember that this is one of the trials with which Allaah tests you, so do what is right and put your trust in Allaah, and do not fear the blame of anyone. Pray a great deal for forgiveness, repent and make du’aa’ to Allaah, asking him to make you steadfast in speaking the truth, and to reconcile you and your cousin, for the hearts of men are between two of the fingers of the Most Merciful, and He turns them however He wills. And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A

Source: http://islam-qa.com/index.php?ref=44615&ln=eng

Secondly, we Muslims have to remember that one of the important duties that Allah the Almighty has ordered us to fulfill is enjoining what is right and forbidding what is wrong.

Please read the following translation of some verses of the Qur'an:

You are the best nation produced [as an example] for mankind. You enjoin what is right and forbid what is wrong and believe in Allah.

[Translation of the meanings of the Qur'an 3:110]

Permission [to fight] has been given to those who are being fought, because they were wronged. And indeed, Allah is competent to give them victory. [They are] those who have been evicted from their homes without right - only because they say, "Our Lord is Allah ." And were it not that Allah checks the people, some by means of others, there would have been demolished monasteries, churches, synagogues, and mosques in which the name of Allah is much mentioned [i.e., praised]. And Allah will surely support those who support Him [i.e., His cause]. Indeed, Allah is Powerful and Exalted in Might. [And they are] those who, if We give them authority in the land, establish prayer and give zakah and enjoin what is right and forbid what is wrong. And to Allah belongs the outcome of [all] matters.

[Translation of the meanings of the Qur'an 22:39-41]

The believing men and believing women are allies of one another. They enjoin what is right and forbid what is wrong and establish prayer and give zakah and obey Allah and His Messenger. Those - Allah will have mercy upon them. Indeed, Allah is Exalted in Might and Wise.

[Translation of the meanings of the Qur'an 9:71]

Allah the Almighty told us that one of the characteristics of those who disbelieved among the Children of Israel and who were cursed by the tongue of David and Jesus [peace be upon them] was that they "used not to prevent one another from wrongdoing that they did":

Cursed were those who disbelieved among the Children of Israel by the tongue of David and of Jesus, the son of Mary. That was because they disobeyed and [habitually] transgressed. They used not to prevent one another from wrongdoing that they did. How wretched was that which they were doing.

[Translation of the meanings of the Qur'an 5:78-79]

And Allah the Almighty told us that Luqmaan had the following piece of advice for his son:

O my son, establish prayer, enjoin what is right, forbid what is wrong, and be patient over what befalls you. Indeed, [all] that is of the matters [requiring] determination.

[Translation of the meanings of the Qur'an 31:17]

So, there's nothing wrong in pointing out that these girls were committing great sins, since that is a piece of advice for all Muslims reading this thread, and this is a form of enjoining what is right and forbidding what is wrong. And as I mentioned above, it does not involve backbiting since the girls were not mentioned by name or by characteristics that would make it easy to know their names.

The following is the religious opinion [fatwa] of Shaykh Muhammad ibn Ibraaheem al-Tuwayjri. It was posted on the website supervised by Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid. It's an answer to question no. 11403 [Enjoining what is good and forbidding what is evil]:

Question:

Why do the Muslims consider enjoining what is good and forbidding what is evil to be one of the basic principles of their religion?

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

Man is very forgetful and makes a lot of mistakes. His own self (nafs) tells him to do evil and the Shaytaan tempts him to commit sin. When bodies get sick and are afflicted with disease, one has to find a doctor who can prescribe the appropriate medicine so that the body may be restored to full health. Similarly, souls and hearts may be afflicted with the diseases of desire and doubt, so people do things which Allaah has forbidden, such as shedding blood, committing adultery, drinking alcohol, oppressing people and consuming their wealth unlawfully, preventing people from following the way of Allaah and disbelieving in Allaah.

The diseases of the heart [psychological and spiritual diseases] are worse than diseases of the body. This means that one must find a doctor who is skilled in treating such diseases. Because the diseases of the heart are so many and cause the spread of evil and corruption, Allaah has enjoined the believers to treat these diseases, by enjoining that which is good and forbidding that which is evil. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Let there arise out of you a group of people inviting to all that is good (Islam), enjoining Al-Ma‘roof (i.e. Islamic Monotheism and all that Islam orders one to do) and forbidding Al-Munkar (polytheism and disbelief and all that Islam has forbidden). And it is they who are the successful” [Aal ‘Imraan 3:104]

Enjoining what is good (al-ma’roof) and forbidding what is evil (al-munkar) is one of the most important Islamic duties, indeed it is the noblest and most sublime. This is the task of the Prophets and Messengers (peace be upon them all), as Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Messengers as bearers of good news as well as of warning in order that mankind should have no plea against Allaah after the (coming of) Messengers” [al-Nisaa’ 4:165]

Allaah has made the Muslim ummah the best nation ever raised up for mankind, in order to do this important task, as Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“You (true believers in Islamic Monotheism, and real followers of Prophet Muhammad and his Sunnah) are the best of peoples ever raised up for mankind; you enjoin Al-Ma‘roof (i.e. Islamic Monotheism and all that Islam has ordained) and forbid Al-Munkar (polytheism, disbelief and all that Islam has forbidden), and you believe in Allaah” [Aal ‘Imraan 3:110]

If the ummah fails to do its duty of enjoining what is good and forbidding what is evil, wrongdoing and corruption will spread throughout the ummah, and it will deserve the curse of Allaah. For Allaah cursed those among the Children of Israel who disbelieved because they failed in this important duty. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Those among the Children of Israel who disbelieved were cursed by the tongue of Dawood (David) and ‘Eesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary). That was because they disobeyed (Allaah and the Messengers) and were ever transgressing beyond bounds.

They used not to forbid one another from Al-Munkar (wrong, evildoing, sins, polytheism, disbelief) which they committed. Vile indeed was what they used to do [al-Maa’idah 5:78]

Enjoining what is good and forbidding what is evil is one of the basic principles of this religion, and doing this is jihaad for the sake of Allaah. Jihaad requires putting up with difficulties and bearing insults and harm with patience, as Luqmaan said to his son:

“O my son! Aqim-is-Salaah (perform As-Salaah), enjoin (on people) Al-Ma‘roof (Islamic Monotheism and all that is good), and forbid (people) from Al-Munkar (i.e. disbelief in the Oneness of Allaah, polytheism of all kinds and all that is evil and bad), and bear with patience whatever befalls you. Verily, these are some of the important commandments (ordered by Allaah with no exemption” [Luqmaan 31:17 – interpretation of the meaning]

Enjoining what is good and forbidding what is evil is an important mission, hence those who undertake this mission must be of good character and must understand the objectives of sharee’ah; they must call people with wisdom and fair preaching and deal with them in a kind and gentle manner, so that Allaah may guide those whom He wills at their hands. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Invite (mankind, O Muhammad) to the way of your Lord (i.e. Islam) with wisdom (i.e. with the Divine Revelation and the Qur’aan) and fair preaching, and argue with them in a way that is better. Truly, your Lord knows best who has gone astray from His path, and He is the Best Aware of those who are guided” [al-Nahl 16:125]

The ummah which establishes the symbols of Islam, enjoins what is good and forbids what is evil, will attain happiness in this world and in the Hereafter. Allaah will send them His support and grant them victory, as He says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Verily, Allaah will help those who help His (Cause). Truly, Allaah is All-Strong, All-Mighty.

Those (Muslim rulers) who, if We give them power in the land, (they) enjoin Iqamaat-as-Salaah [i.e. to perform the five compulsory congregational Salaah (prayers) (the males in mosques)], to pay the Zakaah and they enjoin Al-Ma‘roof (i.e. Islamic Monotheism and all that Islam orders one to do), and forbid Al-Munkar (i.e. disbelief, polytheism and all that Islam has forbidden) [i.e. they make the Qur’aan as the law of their country in all the spheres of life]. And with Allaah rests the end of (all) matters (of creatures)” [al-Hajj 22:40-41]

Enjoining what is good and forbidding what is evil is a mission which will never end until the Hour begins. It is obligatory upon all the ummah, rulers and subjects, men and women, each according to his or her circumstances. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever among you sees an evil action, let him change it with his hand [by taking action]; and if he cannot, then with his tongue [by speaking out]; and if he cannot, then with his heart [by feeling that it is wrong] – and that is the weakest of faith.” (Narrated by Muslim, 49)

The Muslim ummah is one nation, and if corruption becomes widespread in it and its circumstances turn bad, then all the Muslims are obliged to reform it, rid it of evil things, enjoin what is good and forbid what is bad, and offer sincere advice to all. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:

“Religion is sincerity.” We said, “To whom?” He said, “To Allaah and His Book, and His Messenger, and to the leaders of the Muslims and their common folk.” (Narrated by Muslim, 95).

If a Muslim is commanded to do something, he should be the quickest of people to do it, and if he is forbidden to do something, he must be the one who keeps furthest away from it. Allaah has issued a warning to those who go against that, as He says (interpretation of the meaning):

“O you who believe! Why do you say that which you do not do?

Most hateful it is with Allaah that you say that which you do not do” [al-Saff 61:2-3]

No matter how righteous a person may be, he still needs sincere advice, guidance and reminders in the light of the Qur’aan and Sunnah. Allaah said to the Messenger of the Lord of the Worlds, the most perfect of all creation (interpretation of the meaning):

“O Prophet (Muhammad)! Keep your duty to Allaah, and obey not the disbelievers and the hypocrites (i.e., do not follow their advice). Verily, Allaah is Ever All-Knower, All-Wise”

[al-Ahzaab 33:1]

So we must all enjoin that which is good and forbid that which is evil, so that we may attain the Pleasure of Allaah and His Paradise.

From Usool al-Deen al-Islami, by Shaykh Muhammad ibn Ibraaheem al-Tuwayjri

Source: http://islam-qa.com/index.php?ref=11403&ln=eng

I'd just like to mention that enjoining what is right and forbidding what is wrong has conditions which must be observed. For example, read the following fatwa by Sheikh Abd al-‘Azeez ibn Baaz. It's an answer to question no. 33757 [Changing evil by one’s hand]:

Question:

Can evil be changed with one’s hand (by taking action)? Who should change evil with his hand?.

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

Allaah has described the believers as denouncing evil and as enjoining what is good. He says (interpretation of the meaning):

“The believers, men and women, are Awliyaa’ (helpers, supporters, friends, protectors) of one another; they enjoin (on the people) Al‑Ma‘roof (i.e. Islamic Monotheism and all that Islam orders one to do), and forbid (people) from Al‑Munkar (i.e. polytheism and disbelief of all kinds, and all that Islam has forbidden)”

[al-Tawbah 9:71]

“Let there arise out of you a group of people inviting to all that is good (Islam), enjoining Al-Ma‘roof (i.e. Islamic Monotheism and all that Islam orders one to do) and forbidding Al-Munkar (polytheism and disbelief and all that Islam has forbidden)”

[Aal ‘Imraan 3:104]

“You (true believers in Islamic Monotheism, and real followers of Prophet Muhammad and his Sunnah) are the best of peoples ever raised up for mankind; you enjoin Al-Ma‘roof (i.e. Islamic Monotheism and all that Islam has ordained) and forbid Al‑Munkar (polytheism, disbelief and all that Islam has forbidden)”

[Aal ‘Imraan 3:110]

There are many verses which speak of enjoining what is good and forbidding what is evil; that is because of the importance of this issue and the great need that exists for it.

According to a saheeh hadeeth, the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever among you sees an evil action, let him change it with his hand [by taking action]; if he cannot, then with his tongue [by speaking out]; and if he cannot, then with his heart [by at least hating it and believing that it is wrong], and that is the weakest of faith.” Narrated by Muslim in his Saheeh.

Changing evil by one's hand should be done by those who are able to do that, such as those in positions of authority and the bodies in charge of such matters in the areas over which they have been appointed, the ruler in the area over which he has been appointed, the judge in the area over which he has been appointed, and by a man in his own house with his children and the members of his household, as much as he can.

But if he is not able to do that, or if changing it with his hand will lead to fitnah (tribulation) and conflict, and cause more harm than good, then he should not change it with his hand, rather he should change it with his tongue, by speaking out. That will be sufficient lest changing it with his hand will lead to a worse evil that that which he is seeking to change. This was stated by the scholars.

In the case of changing evil with his tongue, it is sufficient for him to say, “O my brother, fear Allaah, this is not permitted, you should stop this, you should do such and such” and other good words spoken in a proper manner.

After the tongue comes the heart, i.e., hating the evil in one's heart, showing that one hates it, and not sitting with those who do it. All of these come under the heading of changing it with one's heart. And Allaah is the Source of strength.

From the fatwas of Shaykh ‘Abd al-‘Azeez ibn Baaz, Majallat al-Buhooth al-Islamiyyah, 36/121-122.

Source: http://islam-qa.com/index.php?ref=33757&ln=eng

Thirdly, I'd like to comment about sister ayman1's comment on post #11 on this thread. It reads as follows:

One of the beautiful sayings attributed to Jesus, peace be upon him is "Let him who has no sin cast the first stone."

There are two things worth mentioning:

a) If there's no verse of the Qur'an or an authentic saying of the Prophet [peace be upon him] that confirms the above supposed saying of Jesus [peace be upon him], then we as Muslims do not know for sure whether it is truly a saying of Jesus Christ [peace be upon him] or a fabrication attributed to him.

b) The above saying forms part of the Story of the Adulteress [John 7:53-8:11].

There are many versions of the Bible that state that the Story of the Adulteress is not found in the earliest Greek manuscripts of the Gospel of John. That means that they admit that this story is an interpolation [i.e., a fabricated story which was inserted into the Bible by someone other than the original "inspired" author (as Christians -and not myself- believe that the Bible was written by ordinary men inspired by the Holy Spirit)].

To read more details about this, please click on the following links to read my posts on this matter:

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showpost.php?p=62926&postcount=94

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showpost.php?p=71414&postcount=19

Regards,

Bluegazer

Wassalamu Alaikum

abou haytam

salam o alikom

the life is a test, so brother and sisters aske allah refuge from this hard test. it s nothing to do with borne or new to islam. You revert sisters andbrotehrs after a while you will have the same test that we confront as brone muslim. Make doaa for those lost brthers and sisters. i was one day lost and hamdo lillah i am back again. but don t even think that you win unless you enter the jannah. the test are coming for you so aske allah to help you for worshiping him. Personnally ihave no lesson to give to those women or girl clubing in the night. all what can i say : Allahoma ya mo9alliba al9lolob tabbit 9olobana ala al iman.

Vol 8, Book 76. To Make The Heart Tender (Ar-Riqaq). Hadith 434.
Narrated By 'Uqba bin 'Amir: The Prophet went out and offered the funeral prayer for the martyrs of the (battle of) Uhud and then ascended the pulpit and said, "I am your predecessor and I am a witness against you. By Allah, I am now looking at my Tank-lake (Al-Kauthar) and I have been given the keys of the treasures of the earth (or the keys of the earth). By Allah! I AM NOT AFRAID that after me you will worship others besides Allah, but I am afraid that you will start competing for (the pleasures of) this world."

Vol 5, Book 59. Military Expeditions Led By The Prophe.... Hadith 411.
Narrated By Uqba: One day the Prophet went out and offered the (funeral) prayer for the people (i.e. martyrs) of Uhud as he used to offer a funeral prayer for any dead person, and then (after returning) he ascended the pulpit and said, "I am your predecessor before you, and I am a witness upon you, and I am looking at my Tank just now, and I have been given the keys of the treasures of the world (or the keys of the world). By Allah, I AM NOT AFRAID that you will worship others besides Allah after me, but I am afraid that you will compete with each other for (the pleasures of) this world."

Vol 5, Book 59. Military Expeditions Led By The Prophe.... Hadith 351.
Narrated By Al-Miswar bin Makhrama: That 'Amr bin Auf, who was an ally of Bani 'Amir bin Luai and one of those who fought at Badr in the company of the Prophet , said, "Allah's Apostle sent Abu 'Ubaida bin Al-Jarrah to Bahrain to bring the Jizya taxation from its people, for Allah's Apostle had made a peace treaty with the people of Bahrain and appointed Al-'Ala' bin Al-Hadrami as their ruler. So, Abu 'Ubaida arrived with the money from Bahrain. When the Ansar heard of the arrival of Abu 'Ubaida (on the next day) they offered the morning prayer with the Prophet and when the morning prayer had finished, they presented themselves before him. On seeing the Ansar, Allah's Apostle smiled and said, "I think you have heard that Abu 'Ubaida has brought something?" They replied, "Indeed, it is so, O Allah's Apostle!" He said, "Be happy, and hope for what will please you. By Allah, I AM NOT AFRAID that you will be poor, but I fear that worldly wealth will be bestowed upon you as it was bestowed upon those who lived before you. So you will compete amongst yourselves for it, as they competed for it and it will destroy you as it did them."

بِسۡمِ ٱللهِ ٱلرَّحۡمَـٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ

الٓمٓ (١) أَحَسِبَ ٱلنَّاسُ أَن يُتۡرَكُوٓاْ أَن يَقُولُوٓاْ ءَامَنَّا وَهُمۡ لَا يُفۡتَنُونَ (٢) وَلَقَدۡ فَتَنَّا ٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبۡلِهِمۡ*!ۖ فَلَيَعۡلَمَنَّ ٱللَّهُ ٱلَّذِينَ صَدَقُواْ وَلَيَعۡلَمَنَّ ٱلۡكَـٰذِبِينَ (٣)

Al-Ankaboot
In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful

Alif Lam Mim. (1) Do men think that they will be left alone on saying "We believe" and that they will not be tested? (2) We did test those before them, and Allah will certainly know those who are true from those who are false. (3)

salam o alikom

l4l4rukh

hmmm

Asalam alaikum my brothers and sisters. this whole topic has conjured up mixed yet intresting opinions- all of which i respect greatly. hmm...i dont know, i kinda feel bad for the girls who are astray but then again i can relate to it (in a safe way-lol!) as im also a student livin away from home. i understand how the freedom can get to you, plus the fact that you have the ultimate choice of what to do with yourself and with all that time. i have to admit honestly that it is REEEALY hard not to do these sinful things like clubbing. I KNOW. i know alot of people like this and it makes it even harder for me.on the other hand theres a llimit to everything too. however i think thats just a more difficult test that Allah has set me for me and inshAllah i will get more reward for the extra effort.i dont know that what i think anyway. my advice is to the sisters at uni and BROTHERS lets not forget them, although the topic did begin specifically targetting sisters (from my personal experience so far at uni).
1- MAKE SURE you pray ALL 5 TIMES because ultimately this is the first thing Allah will ask you about on the Day Of Judgement!

2-GET INTO THE HABIT of saying INSHALLAH, as nothing can happen without the WILL OF ALLAH, be it good or bad. Allah is the best of decision-makers!

3-CONSTANTLY REMEMBER ALLAH, by reading an ayat, or even by reciting his BEAUTIFUL NAME, subahanallah. when you are walking outside, in a shop wherever, because this will keep you away from evil deeds.

4-SAY ASTAGHFIRALLAH all the time because believe me we committing sins all the time and so we must repent!

5- i could go on all day, plus its SOOO late, must sleep.lol!
finally, DO NOT BE IGNORANT, find out the basic principles at least about islam, Quran translation is an EXCELLENT STARTING POINT. i mean think about it, its PLAIN CARELESSNESS to not to even open the quran and read a few lines of this BEAUTY FROM ALLAH! i find ABSOLUTELY just AMAZING that thers a book that ALLAH WROTE.phenonmenal!! its like he's talking to you when you read the translations!subhanallah! I MEAN it took 23 years (or 22, im tired cant think properly!) to complete the quran and to not even read a bit of it, is SSOO shameful you know.

newayss i hpe this has helped!
allah hafiz

umm hussain

Salaam,

For the brother who wrote that he prays he will not marry such an "experienced " girl..is it not written in the Holy Quran..what types marry what types? Not to worry.

Just a correction it is written in the Quran which types marry which types and a list as well of who is forbidden to you for marriage and those allowed.

“Let no man guilty of adultery or fornication marry any but a woman similarly guilty, or an unbeliever: not let any but a such a man or an unbeliever marry such a woman: to the Believers, such a thing is forbidden.” [al-Noor 24:3]

umm hussain

If a woman or man has committed sins and have repented they dont have to tell their future partner what they have done because Allah has hidden those sins for them and it isn't right for a believer to ask about another persons past sins.

We are surprised that a righteous wife would retract her oath and disclose a past which Allaah had concealed.

Many women ask about the ruling on telling their husbands about a past in which they admit to having committed sins from which they have repented. No one should have any doubt that the ruling is that they definitely should not tell, so as to protect the concealment that Allaah has granted, and so as to prevent her being shamed, and to protect her honour from being impugned by anyone, and to protect their married life from any disturbance.

It was narrated from Ibn ‘Umar (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Avoid these filthy things that Allaah has forbidden. Whoever has done any of them, let him conceal himself with the concealment of Allaah, and let him repent to Allaah, because if anyone discloses his deeds to us, we will punish him as prescribed in the Book of Allaah.”

Narrated by Maalik (1562) in a mursal report, and by al-Haakim (4/425) and al-Bayhaqi (8/330) in a muttasal report. The hadeeth was classed as saheeh by al-Haakim, Ibn al-Sakan and Ibn al-Mulaqqin; and it was classed as hasan by al-‘Iraqi and al-Albaani.

See: al-Talkhees al-Habeer (4/57); Khalaasat al-Badr al-Muneer by Ibn al- Mulaqqin (2/303); al-Silsilah al-Saheehah (663).

Filthy things refers to bad actions and foul speech that Allaah has forbidden.

Ibn ‘Abd al-Barr said:

This hadeeth indicates that it is obligatory for a Muslim to conceal his private affairs if he has committed an immoral action, and that is also required with regard to other people. Al-Tamheed (5/337).

It was narrated that Abu Hurayrah said: I heard the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say: “All of my ummah will be fine except those who commit sin openly, and it is part of committing sin openly for a man to do something at night, then in the morning when his Lord has concealed him he says: O So and so, I did such and such last night, when his Lord had concealed him all night, but in the morning he discloses that which Allaah had concealed for him.”

Narrated by al-Bukhaari (5721) and Muslim (2990).

Shaykh Muhammad ibn Saalih al-‘Uthaymeen (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

As for the sinning believer, if he commits sin it is better for him not to do so openly and not to tell anyone about it, and to conceal himself with the concealment of Allaah and repent from it. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “All of my ummah will be fine except those who commit sin openly”. Those who commit sin openly are those who do bad deeds then in the morning they tell people what they have done. The one who does any of these filthy things should conceal himself with the concealment of Allaah and repent to Allaah, may He be glorified and exalted, and should not tell anyone about it.

Liqaa’aat al-baab il-Maftooh (13/question no. 13).

Al-Haafiz Ibn Hajar (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

It may be learned from this story – i.e., the story of Maa’iz when he admitted to having committed adultery – that it is mustahabb for the one who does something similar to repent to Allaah, may He be exalted, and conceal himself, and not tell anyone about that.

Hence al-Shaafa’i (may Allaah be pleased with him) stated: If a person commits a sin and Allaah conceals him, I prefer for him to conceal himself and repent. End quote. Fath al-Baari (12/124, 125).

In al-Mawsoo’ah al-Fiqhiyyah it says (3/181, 182):

The fuqaha’ are unanimously agreed that if a person does anything for which he is to be shamed, it is recommended for him to conceal himself and not tell anyone, not even the qaadi (judge) so that the hadd punishment or ta’zeer (disciplinary punishment) may be carried out on him, because of the report narrated by al-Bukhaari and others from Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) who said: I heard the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say: “All of my ummah will be fine except those who commit sin openly…” And he (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The one who does any of these filthy things should conceal himself with the concealment of Allaah.”

Abu Bakr al-Siddeeq said: “If I catch a drinker, I would prefer that Allaah had concealed him, and if I catch a thief I would prefer that Allaah had concealed him.” It is narrated that the Sahaabah –Abu Bakr, ‘Umar, ‘Ali, ‘Ammaar ibn Yaasir, Abu Hurayrah, Abu’l-Darda’, al-Hasan ibn ‘Ali and others – concealed those who confessed to sin, or they prompted them to retract their confession, so as to conceal them. But it is better for the one who has committed sin to conceal himself rather than have others conceal him. Committing sin openly out of ignorance is better than committing sin openly out of a desire to brag. Ibn Hajar said: The one who deliberately commits sin openly and flaunts it angers his Lord. Al-Khateeb al-Sharbeeni said: As for flaunting it openly, it is definitely haraam. End quote.

The scholars have mentioned the benefits of concealing sin. In al-Mawsoo’ah al-Fiqhiyyah (3/182) it says:

Concealing sin results in the following:

(a) Not carrying out worldly punishments, because punishments are not required except after proof has been established. But if he conceals it and does not announce it or confess to it, and there is no way of proving it, then there is no punishment.

(b) Sin does not spread further. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): “Verily, those who like that (the crime of) illegal sexual intercourse should be propagated among those who believe, they will have a painful torment in this world and in the Hereafter. And Allaah knows and you know not” [al-Noor 24:19].

(c) The one who commits a sin and then conceals it is more likely to repent from it. If he repents then he is no longer to blame for it. If the sin has to do with the rights of Allaah then repentance means that he is no longer to blame for it, because Allaah is the most generous of those who are generous, and His mercy prevails over His wrath. So if He conceals him in this world, He will not expose him in the Hereafter. But if the sin has to do with the rights of other people, such as murder, slander, etc, then one of the conditions of repentance is that he restore those rights to those who are entitled to them, or he be forgiven by them. Hence the one who has concealed a sin that has to do with the rights of other people must restore those rights to them. End quote.

Globalpeace

Banned
Revealing Past!

Asslamo Allaikum Sister,

I hear what you are saying however I believe that for someone like me (with a rather colourful past) I should tell the Sister (upfront & candidly) because in this day & age of Shaytaan and people will bad intentions; things can be twisted around.

Let me put it differently, I would give the Sister an option to talk about it, and if she has Imaan & level of Taqwa to say “Don’t reveal your sins to me” then I won’t!

Rasul-ullah (Sallaho Alaiahe Wassallam) has commended us to remove doubts so I would offer to reveal my past & if she chooses not to, then Masha’Allah I have no intentions of painting the town red with my doings, either.

Does this make sense?

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Yes, it makes sense. Who has not experienced some colorful events in their lives. If you can live to be my age; believe me you have a story or two to tell. That is a fact. By being candid with your spouse it attests to the respect in a realtionship.

We need to be very careful, I often feel there is a lot of judgement in this forum. Muslims are not an elite group. If the purspose of this site is to promote a sense of holier than thou..it is wrong.

It saddens me that six pages were devoted to this trite subject. There is so much more that needs attention. So some young girls went clubbing one night. Hello people: there are Muslims being killed all over the world, children are starving, the elderly are being abused, ad nauseum..and we are tripping over the immature behaviors of some people.

Forgive me, is the Muslim population so isolated that they are unaware of the reality of this world? A sin is between man and Allah. Let Allah judge the content of the heart. Is it not a sin for us to waste this time on this when we turn our backs on the reality of our suffering brothers and sisters?

Status
Not open for further replies.