can jinns read our minds and smell fear?

sugarbb

Assalammualaikum,

This reminds me of my sister's house. I and hubby was staying with her for a while, that was about 9 years ago. It was around 11p.m. and i was too sleepy to wait for my husband to come home from work, so i close the door and went to bed. I was awaken when i felt somebody was lying next to me, like the mattress moved to the body weight of a person, and i was very sure it was my husband. I opened my eyes, and i saw the door was half opened, because there were a couple of downlights outside. To my surprised, when i turned, there was nobody there ! I think i said a'udhubillahiminasyaitannirrajim, and went back to sleep. The next morning, then i realized, what could it be ? Many times i get scratches, like someone having 3 fingers only, scratching you. the marked of 3 lines only. My sister had her fair share of scary experiences. One day she was in the kitchen cooking, and her 8 months old child was in the bassinet, in the living room, just outside the kitchen, and her husband went in his room for a little while, suddenly my sister saw her baby (who could only crawl) was crawling into the kitchen. She asked her husband, why did you took her out of the bassinet ? He said No ! He did not ! He said, i thought you were the one who took him out ? She said No, She did Not ! She also saw shadows walking across from her room into the opposite room, also in the kitchen toilet, peeping at her, playing peek-a-boo. That was one scary house. And her son always cry, especially at night and keep pointing at the door, and her husband was working on graveyard shifts. Can you imagine that. But Alhamdulillah, she has moved out and i have my own place for a long time now, Alhamdulillah. We recite the Quran more often, salat jamaah together.:tti_sister: I came to realized that we have to be strong and they cannot do anything to us. And they are also Allah s.w.t. creatures, so if we remember Allah s.w.t. and always salat & recite the Quran, they dare not disturb us, InsyaAllah.

liaa

!!

the person wich said that brought the book from syria ( book of balck magic) was a brother not a sister!1 :)) i made the same confusion at the begining! :)) srry.
salams.

liaa

This reminds me of my sister's house. I and hubby was staying with her for a while, that was about 9 years ago. It was around 11p.m. and i was too sleepy to wait for my husband to come home from work, so i close the door and went to bed. I was awaken when i felt somebody was lying next to me, like the mattress moved to the body weight of a person, and i was very sure it was my husband. I opened my eyes, and i saw the door was half opened, because there were a couple of downlights outside. To my surprised, when i turned, there was nobody there ! I think i said a'udhubillahiminasyaitannirrajim, and went back to sleep. The next morning, then i realized, what could it be ? Many times i get scratches, like someone having 3 fingers only, scratching you. the marked of 3 lines only. My sister had her fair share of scary experiences. One day she was in the kitchen cooking, and her 8 months old child was in the bassinet, in the living room, just outside the kitchen, and her husband went in his room for a little while, suddenly my sister saw her baby (who could only crawl) was crawling into the kitchen. She asked her husband, why did you took her out of the bassinet ? He said No ! He did not ! He said, i thought you were the one who took him out ? She said No, She did Not ! She also saw shadows walking across from her room into the opposite room, also in the kitchen toilet, peeping at her, playing peek-a-boo. That was one scary house. And her son always cry, especially at night and keep pointing at the door, and her husband was working on graveyard shifts. Can you imagine that. But Alhamdulillah, she has moved out and i have my own place for a long time now, Alhamdulillah. We recite the Quran more often, salat jamaah together.:tti_sister: I came to realized that we have to be strong and they cannot do anything to us. And they are also Allah s.w.t. creatures, so if we remember Allah s.w.t. and always salat & recite the Quran, they dare not disturb us, InsyaAllah.
this is truly scary! but after i read all that has been posted on this thread , i think that if we have beleif in Allah(swb) than nothing bad can hapen to us !

dianne

Salam,
Adhan the house is better before we live.These practise for a muslim,also hang a word of Allah swt & Muhammad saw.Ayatul Kursi.Wallahu alam.

feeni

ONLY ALLAH
hey liaa

this is truly scary! but after i read all that has been posted on this thread , i think that if we have beleif in Allah(swb) than nothing bad can hapen to us !

something similar happened with me. my barely 1 yr infant was sitting in her swing in the kitchen-nobody except us. she just started walking.but if her belt is on,she cant get out right?i ran into my room for like barely a minute while my food was cooking, i came back and she's sitting on the kitchen counter!!!!!!!!that really scared me!it happened twice. my kitchen counter is much taller than my baby,i mean much taller!!!!!:hijabi:

Ummzaina

Salam,
Adhan the house is better before we live.These practise for a muslim,also hang a word of Allah swt & Muhammad saw.Ayatul Kursi.Wallahu alam.

:salam2:

Sister I just wish to clarify,
do you mean hanging a placard or ornament with the names of Allah swt and Muhammad saw and ayatul kursi?
I thought it was considered a type of bidah to hang such things.
Someone please clear this for me??

:wasalam:

dianne

Sister I just wish to clarify,
do you mean hanging a placard or ornament with the names of Allah swt and Muhammad saw and ayatul kursi?
I thought it was considered a type of bidah to hang such things.
Someone please clear this for me??

Salam,
Who told u that is bidaah? have u understand the context of Islam what is can what is cannot? do u know that bidaah have a two differents meaning? What about hajj? They also hang a al quran wordings on the kaabah.

Here is a Fatwa’ on this subject by - Sheikh Ahmad Kutty, a senior lecturer and Islamic scholar at the Islamic Institute of Toronto, Canada

"Photography as a medium of communication or for the simple, innocent retention of memories without the taint of reverence/shirk does not fall under the category of forbidden Tasweer.

One finds a number of traditions from the Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, condemning people who make Tasweer, which denotes painting or carving images or statues. It was closely associated with paganism or shirk. People were in the habit of carving images and statues for the sake of worship. Islam, therefore, declared Tasweer forbidden because of its close association with shirk (association of partners with Allah). One of the stated principles of usul-u-Fiqh (Principles of Islamic Jurisprudence) is that if anything directly leads to haram, it is likewise haram. In other words, Tasweer was forbidden precisely for the reason that it was a means leading to shirk.

The function of photography today does not fall under the above category. Even some of the scholars who had been once vehemently opposed to photography under the pretext that it was a form of forbidden Tasweer have later changed their position on it - as they allow even for their own pictures to be taken and published in newspapers, for videotaping lectures and for presentations; whereas in the past, they would only allow it in exceptional cases such as passports, drivers’ licenses, etc. The change in their view of photography is based on their assessment of the role of photography.

Having said this, one must add a word of caution: To take pictures of leaders and heroes and hang them on the walls may not belong to the same category of permission. This may give rise to a feeling of reverence and hero worship, which was precisely the main thrust of the prohibition of Tasweer. Therefore, one cannot make an unqualified statement to the effect that all photography is halal. It all depends on the use and function of it. If it is for educational purpose and has not been tainted with the motive of reverence and hero worship, there is nothing in the sources to prohibit it."

It is not considered haram (forbidden) to hang family pictures on the wall; however, I should urge you against hanging them on the wall directly facing you in Prayer. For by hanging them in the direction of Prayer, your thoughts will likely be distracted; furthermore, it may inadvertently give the impression that we worship pictures. It is important for us Muslims to make ourselves distinct in our religious practices from those who associate partners with Allah in their worship. So never hang such pictures in the direction of your Prayer.

Still another point to consider: Never hang pictures of leaders and heroes, past or present, on your walls, for it may inadvertently lead to feelings of extreme reverence and hero worship, and this in turn may become an avenue leading to shirk. Such things are considered as avenues leading to that which is haram, and hence considered as forbidden. It is worth remembering that this was the main rationale for prohibiting carving images and statues in the first place.

Since, however, such motives are entirely lacking in hanging family pictures, there is no reason to consider it as haram.

sugarbb

Salam Feeni,

something similar happened with me. my barely 1 yr infant was sitting in her swing in the kitchen-nobody except us. she just started walking.but if her belt is on,she cant get out right?i ran into my room for like barely a minute while my food was cooking, i came back and she's sitting on the kitchen counter!!!!!!!!that really scared me!it happened twice. my kitchen counter is much taller than my baby,i mean much taller!!!!!:hijabi:

My nine months old baby who could only crawl and was learning to stand, was standing in the toilet sink, which was at waist height, crying out to my mum. Up till now, me & my mum couldn't figure out how did he get up there ?!:ma:

dianne

Asalaamu'Alykum,

Sister Dianne, here is a link to the question from IslamQA:

http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?ref=254&ln=eng&txt=hanging up pictures

Alhamdulilah

Wasalam

Walaykum salam,

Thanks for the link, i also always go to the site.Some of the scholars said its haram,bidaah or sunnah.
Let me asks u something about some of the muslim practise to have a tahlil ( pray the dua for relatives which is already passed away) even in life of Prophet Muhammad never practise that.Some of the scholars said its Bidaah.But in the good thing of bidaah is sunnah practise reading yassin or even single letter words of Al Quran - Allah swt will reward us.

Theres another example of muslim attend his/her nonmuslim parents for the death or etc.some of the scholars said its bidaah.But the good thing of bidaah is Silaturahhimm of the muslim to the nonmuslim parents.

In verse 13, chapter 49 of the Koran (The Chambers) it reinforces this as follows:

49.13- ياايها الناس انا خلقناكم من ذكر وانثى وجعلناكم شعوبا وقبائل لتعارفوا ان اكرمكم عند الله اتقاكم ان الله عليم خبير

Translated it means:

O mankind! We created you from a single (pair) of a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, that ye may know each other (not that ye may despise (each other). Verily the most honoured of you in the sight of God is (he who is) the most righteous of you. And God has full knowledge and is well acquainted (with all things).

http://www.themodernreligion.com/basic/quran/quran-benefits.html

Some of the bidaah will turns to the good things.

Islam is very fair,simple to understand,only some of them doesnt understand of the context meaning of bidaah.As long as our faith (aqeedah) will not spoiled by doing something which is against sunnah of Al Quran & hadith.

http://safia71.tripod.com/bida'_ah.htm
(copy the address)

It is maybe appropriate if I quote you some excerpts from Prophet Muhammad’s last sermon delivered on the Ninth Day of Dhul Hijjah 10 A.H. in the Uranah valley of Mount Arafah in Mecca.

After praising, and thanking God, this is some of the words what Prophet Muhammad said:

O People, no prophet or apostle will come after me and no new faith will be born. Reason well, therefore, O People, and understand words which I convey to you. I leave behind me two things, the Al Quran and my example, the Sunnah and if you follow these you will never go astray.

All those who listen to me shall pass on my words to others and those to others again; AND MAY THE LAST ONES UNDERSTAND MY WORDS BETTER THAN THOSE WHO LISTEN TO ME DIRECTLY! Be my witness, O God, that I have conveyed your message to your people".

ok sis,maybe we have differents place & time,so we practise Islam as what we leanrd from the scholars.That isnt wrong of what we've practised.It will not against Al quran & sunnah.

Allah knows Best! wassalam.

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Aaslaamu'Alykum,

Mashallah i liked your post. Before i carry on, i am brother by the way.

Hanging pictures related with the Quran or the Prophet (S.A.W) isnt really liked from the answer i read, i skimmed it by the way.

I prefer to read the Qur'an and implement its teaching, because at the end of the day, pictures of ayats from the Qur'an isnt going to help me. And knowing many people they will seek barakha from this. As the answer said.

Overall my feeling on is that there is no point in hanging pictures related to the Qur'an. As it could lead to shirk. Its like wearing an amulet with quranic verses, which again could lead to shirk. This practice is allowed by some scholars, although discouraged and Ibn Mas'ud (R.A) was one of those that disapproved it. (<--- in relation to amulets)

Thats all i really have to say on that for now. :)

I think i need to do some research on Bid'ah and the types of Bid'ah. Jazakallahu Khayran for the link, i have bookmarked it and Inshallah will give portions of it a read when i can, as it is a bit long.

Alhamdulilah

Wasalam

dianne

Aaslaamu'Alykum,

Mashallah i liked your post. Before i carry on, i am brother by the way.

Hanging pictures related with the Quran or the Prophet (S.A.W) isnt really liked from the answer i read, i skimmed it by the way.

I prefer to read the Qur'an and implement its teaching, because at the end of the day, pictures of ayats from the Qur'an isnt going to help me. And knowing many people they will seek barakha from this. As the answer said.

Overall my feeling on is that there is no point in hanging pictures related to the Qur'an. As it could lead to shirk. Its like wearing an amulet with quranic verses, which again could lead to shirk. This practice is allowed by some scholars, although discouraged and Ibn Mas'ud (R.A) was one of those that disapproved it. (<--- in relation to amulets)

Thats all i really have to say on that for now. :)

I think i need to do some research on Bid'ah and the types of Bid'ah. Jazakallahu Khayran for the link, i have bookmarked it and Inshallah will give portions of it a read when i can, as it is a bit long.

Alhamdulilah

Wasalam

Walaykum salam,
Salam to u back - brother,sorry my bad doesnt recognised the name belongs to brothers or sisters.lol.I hope u understands the context of the hadith.The human picture of living creature (deceased,statue,animal) is strictly forbidden.

Narrated Abu Talha:
I heard Allah's Apostle saying; "Angels (of Mercy) do not enter a house wherein there is a dog or a picture of a living creature (a human being or an animal).

Prophetic hadith - 415
Abu Musa, may Allah be pleased with him, reported:
Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: The house in which remembrance of Allah is made and the house in which Allah is not remembered are like the living and the dead.

The words meaning is very important.just like what the our prophet says on the last sermon -

"All those who listen to me shall pass on my words to others and those to others again; and may the last ones understand my words better than those who listen to me directly. Be my witness, O Allah, that I have conveyed your message to your people".

I hope u understand the context of bidaah (innovation) some bidaah will spoiled our aqeedah & sunnah & some is not.
Here is text of the hadith Sahih Bukhari - Prophet Volume 4, Book 55, Number 581:
Narrated Abdullah:
When the Verse:--"It is those who believe and do not confuse their belief with wrong ( i.e. joining others in worship with Allah" (6.83) was revealed, we said, "O Allah's Apostle! Who is there amongst us who has not done wrong to himself?" He replied, "It is not as you say, for 'wrong' in the Verse and 'do not confuse their belief, with wrong means 'SHIRK' (i.e. joining others in worship with Allah). Haven't you heard Luqman's saying to his son, 'O my son! Join not others in worship with Allah, verily joining others in worship with Allah is a great wrong indeed." (31.13)

We just follow what the scholars teach us,As long as we follow the Al quran & sunnah for better life.

Allah knows best! Wassalam.

Sakib

♣♦Sakib♦♣
i heard the lecture on light upon light too. it really does explain some stuff. like the good jinn dont interfear with the human world only the bad ones do.

OmarFarooq

Its better we train ourselves to be strong. As brother Ayman mentioned, as long as we avoid sin and have faith in Allah SWT, we're protected. It's when we sin (or even when we THINK we sinned) these fears come about.

...but if you did sin today, then expect these little guys to tickle your feet tonight. haha, jk.

Is it the horror movies we saw during our childhood that messed us up? I mean, lets assume we NEVER saw any scary movie. Would life be different? Heck, I'd be jogging at night....or better yet: actually going to the bathroom in the middle of the night instead of holding it until the sun comes up. :shymuslima1:

you are soo funny, your actually right, i guess if we didn't saw those scary movies, or our parents telling us scary stories this wouldn't had happened. also you guys are talking about pictures, is it bad it edit your pictures in photoshop and change stuff?

muzlima_92

salaam
i would just like to say that there are jinns that are muslims and some are not and usually referd to followers of shaitan but maybe you should ask a sheikh to help you with this problem.. maybe that jinn is a muslim and he wants to help you in some way. But my advice would be to ask a sheikh.

salaam sister

feeni

ONLY ALLAH
SALAM

HEY I DID ASK A SHEIKH. HE JUST LAUGHED AND SAID THAT WE'VE MADE A FRIEND...IF HE WAS A BAD JINN HE WOULD POSSESS US AND MAKE US DO BAD THINGS...BUT SINCE WE HAVE AZAN IN OUR HOUSE 5 TIMES A DAY AND READ NAMAZ IT IS A MUSLIM JINN AND IT IS IN THEIR NATURE TO TRICK US AND BE NAUGHTY BUT IT SCARES THE HECK OUT OEEF ME!!!THE OTHER DAY MY DAUGHTER WAS SLEEPING ON THE FLOOR BY MY HUSBAND WHILE HE WAS ON THE COMP . I WAS IN HER ROOM FIXING IT UP AND I HEARD MY DAUGHTER GET UP FROM HER SLEEP---U KNOW THE ANNOYED SOUND WHEN SOMEONE DISTURBS U FROM UR SLEEP.I HEARD IT SO LOUD AND CLEAR AND CHECKED TO C IF SHE WENT ON MY BED...SHE WASNT THERE SO THEN I SAW HER BY MY HUSBAND IN THE SAME SLEEPING POSITION AND I ASKED HIM DID SHE WAKE UP..HE SAID NO. I SAID I JUST HEARD HER.HE SAID I THOUGHT IT WAS U LAUGHING OR SCREAMING OR SOMETHING.....I SAID NO IT SOUNDED LIKE SHE WAS IN THE HALLWAY GOING TO MY ROOM.HE SAID HE HEARD IT IN THE HALLWAY.....FREAKY FREAKY STUFF...THEN I PUT SURAH BAQARAH ON AND IT REALLY FEELS PROTECTING MASHALLAH. IT WAS A CRYING SOUND WITH A BIT OF LAUGHTER LIKE SOUND..........AND WHAT WAS SCARY WAS THAT IT SOUNDED LIKE MY DAUGHTER.... ANY ONE WHO HAS THIS PROBLEM PLZ DOWNLOAD SURAH BAQARAH ON MUSLIMBRIDGES.COM .ITS REALLY GREAT...!!:)