Converted??

amyaishazouaoui

I have heard born muslims saying reverts are meant to be better! How hard is that to live up to! I think we are all equal in the eyes of God

:salam2:
yes we are.....i really dislike it when people treat me as though i have some kind of "golden quality". I make mitakes and slip up all the time justlike born muslims. Its no big deal, but all the freebies that ive got cant go a miss!!!!!

:wasalam:

dna1987

Muslim Guy
MashAllah. So many reverts. Often, born Muslims can be just as inexperienced as reverts, and they can be described as "emerging Muslims". I feel like I am an emerging Muslim too. Salam alaikum.

PS: I found Daud McGuire's post very funny for some reason. :)

Steve940

I reverted about 7 months ago on Eid Al-Fitr in front of a PACKED mosque, the mosque was large and there were still people outside. Masha'Allah I think all the hugs I got in my life might not equal how many I got that day!

Asalamu alaikum

A

addan

salaaaam
walahi revers thay bater then me becouse thay scare hell fire
thats way allah show tham rat path{i do scare 2}allah {a s w}
what do u think for human worsheep
then to fine worsheep for allah {a sw}
what do u think for that person will be
coud be leaders of islam}
ah ah ah pound a muslims thay sleap a way
or become deviders

um muhammad al-mahdi

لا اله الا الله محمد رسول الله
Staff member

Alhamdulillah,of course we are all the same!But I want to share my experience with you:
I've been in an arab country and met "born" muslim,(sorry to use this word but is to explain you).
And certain things that I do like:wearing "always" the hijab in front of no-maharam is not what "all" the women do there...and when they see me doing this kind of things they say:"MashaAllah" "MashaAllah"....do they really think to improve themselves or not?I try to do dawah in any way.But then,when I go back there....nothing changed...please,what should I do?Help me to improve my dawah InshaAllah

Jazakallahu khayra

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)

Alhamdulillah,of course we are all the same!But I want to share my experience with you:
I've been in an arab country and met "born" muslim,(sorry to use this word but is to explain you).
And certain things that I do like:wearing "always" the hijab in front of no-maharam is not what "all" the women do there...and when they see me doing this kind of things they say:"MashaAllah" "MashaAllah"....do they really think to improve themselves or not?I try to do dawah in any way.But then,when I go back there....nothing changed...please,what should I do?Help me to improve my dawah InshaAllah

Jazakallahu khayra

You can only do dawah up to a certain point. If they dont listen to you , what can you do..
Go to the next person who needs help
:SMILY209:
I am wondering : are u a brother or sister ?

Bluegazer

Assalamu Alaikum,

I was born into a Muslim family. I find the stories of reverts very interesting. It's because the Muslim World is in such trouble in many ways; many Muslims putting their cultures above Islam, many Muslims not behaving and not regarding manners, Western powers trying to infuse their liberalism and secularism into the Muslim nations and many other problems.

Yet in spite of all this, Islam continues to grow and there are new reverts to Islam every day. All praise and all thanks are due to Allah the Almighty.

I realise that there is a tendency to sometimes treat revert Muslims as though they're sacred, and I know that it's wrong. It's just because the way reverts are ready and willing to withstand pressures from their family and society is really admirable. May Allah strengthen the faith of all Muslims, born and reverts.

A Muslim born into a Muslim family should also not dismiss any piece of advice that comes from a revert Muslim if it is based on the Qur'an and authentic Sunnah, as understood by the Companions of the Prophet [peace be upon him].

There are indeed some revert Muslims who learned Arabic and went on to become scholars of Islam, such as Dr. Bilal Philips.

In the end, whether one was born into a Muslim family or has reverted to Islam, we are all Muslims and what distinguishes us with Allah the Almighty is how much we adhere to His commandments.

Regards,

Bluegazer

Wassalamu Alaikum

zOaib

Sainte_786
I reverted about 7 months ago on Eid Al-Fitr in front of a PACKED mosque, the mosque was large and there were still people outside. Masha'Allah I think all the hugs I got in my life might not equal how many I got that day!

Asalamu alaikum

Mashallh ! brother all thsoe hugs you got were actually hugs from Allah SWT if you see it in a more deep sense , yes it was yoru muslim brothers who gave u those hugs but in reality Allah SWT put his love for you in their hearts to welcome you in such a way ........... Because HIS SWT will is done through people and angels and which ever way HE SWT desires ..... but thats how i see it. And its a great feeling Alhamdulillah , Congratualtions again brother.

i just wanted to remind the rest of the brothers and sisters Inshallah that no man is greater or lesser than another , ONLY through his level of piety and patience has he any rank above the other , but that rank is not decided by us as humans for one another , ONLY Allah SWT will decide that for us on the day of judgment ................ Inshallah

:wasalam: