• Cross Cultural Marriage

Votes: 32 86.5%
  • Iso Cultural Marriage (same culture)

Votes: 5 13.5%

• Total voters

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Walikum Assalam: Sis.

I want to marry but not for fulfilling my lusts and desires. I want another wife as an Islamic trainer for my wife preferably divorced or widow.

YES,it is not easy task as spoken. :SMILY335:

Regards.

Asalamo`Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Baarakaatuh,

How would that work=)? As far as I recall she already feared you became a Muslim to get another wife. Now suppose you do, she'll be more into Pak-India 20/20 with her than take her as a teacher.

May Allaah guide your wife brother without the need of you going through such troubles. May Allaah accept your duas.

How about introduce her to some good islamic circle if there is any. Online maybe? TTI kind of place?

sachin4islam

Asalamo`Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Baarakaatuh,

How would that work=)? As far as I recall she already feared you became a Muslim to get another wife. Now suppose you do, she'll be more into Pak-India 20/20 with her than take her as a teacher.

May Allaah guide your wife brother without the need of you going through such troubles. May Allaah accept your duas.

How about introduce her to some good islamic circle if there is any. Online maybe? TTI kind of place?

Walikum Assalam Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barkatuhu: Sis.

Subhan-Allah,Your memory is very sharp.

Yes,I have come across some Islamic circles mainly belonging to Jamaate-Islami and we have been previously also in touch with one of such a circle. The main problem is how to escape from the family at times that usually demands her to stay home. Our's is a joint family and it lays huge responsibility on shoulders of my wife.

My wife is adjustable so I assume chances of 20\20 with the next arrival are less but yes not nil. It would be undoubtedly best if she goes like a self Islamic trainer with my assistance. But so far in this context she is a failure.

Thanks and Ameen for your Du'aa. May Allah (SWT) bless you.

Regards.

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Walikum Assalam Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barkatuhu: Sis.

Subhan-Allah,Your memory is very sharp.

Yes,I have come across some Islamic circles mainly belonging to Jamaate-Islami and we have been previously also in touch with one of such a circle. The main problem is how to escape from the family at times that usually demands her to stay home. Our's is a joint family and it lays huge responsibility on shoulders of my wife.

My wife is adjustable so I assume chances of 20\20 with the next arrival are less but yes not nil. It would be undoubtedly best if she goes like a self Islamic trainer with my assistance. But so far in this context she is a failure.

Thanks and Ameen for your Du'aa. May Allah (SWT) bless you.

Regards.

JazaakAllaahu Khayraa, but it's just that I follow certain members' post with this "wee" bit more attention.

I see, Jamat-e-Islami circles are not bad, but I'm not sure how good can they be. There is one here every week. I haven't found the time ( Or may it's better to say energy, provided my laziness) to attend one yet, so I can't really say. I should attend this week. Joint family are like Gaint families. Individual thingy is hard to accomplish. May be online would be a good idea, No?

C'Mon brother, no one is a failure. You wife surely won't be one Inshaa'Allaah. May be she needs a different approach? If she truly is adjustable, than she should have no problem adjusting to Islamic values. She's probably looking for some support. Like minded people so she won't feel the odd one out. It's so hard to be practising where everyone is not pracitising. Many here shy away because of that.

Have you tried appreciating and rewarding her, when she does something islamic you wish her to do, unintentionally? Making a mountain outta a mole hill for good.

You show some amount of strength Mashaa'Allaah! I've recently moved places and quite unfortunately those around me take Islam as a set of moral values. Book Closed. It's been driving me crazy. How do you do that?

I'll pray Allaah turns the heart of all the Muslim Ummah towards Siraat Al Mustaqeem. Surely He alone is the turner of the hearts.

BaarakAllaahu feek for your duas, Ameen wa Iyyaak.

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
Muslims should encourage cross cultural marriage, it will be easier to have united ummah this way. I'm in favour cross cultural marriage too, but mine current one is not and there will be no second one as long as my wife is around.. inshAllah. During my hindu days, I had 3 chinese girl friends and one punjabi girl.. I was close to marry the punjabi girl maybe because we are closer culturally and she can speak my mother's tongue. But Allah knows best, I don't think she would have accepted Islam with me then perhaps we would have divorced. Allahu akhbar.

sachin4islam

JazaakAllaahu Khayraa, but it's just that I follow certain members' post with this "wee" bit more attention.

I see, Jamat-e-Islami circles are not bad, but I'm not sure how good can they be. There is one here every week. I haven't found the time ( Or may it's better to say energy, provided my laziness) to attend one yet, so I can't really say. I should attend this week. Joint family are like Gaint families. Individual thingy is hard to accomplish. May be online would be a good idea, No?

C'Mon brother, no one is a failure. You wife surely won't be one Inshaa'Allaah. May be she needs a different approach? If she truly is adjustable, than she should have no problem adjusting to Islamic values. She's probably looking for some support. Like minded people so she won't feel the odd one out. It's so hard to be practising where everyone is not pracitising. Many here shy away because of that.

Have you tried appreciating and rewarding her, when she does something islamic you wish her to do, unintentionally? Making a mountain outta a mole hill for good.

You show some amount of strength Mashaa'Allaah! I've recently moved places and quite unfortunately those around me take Islam as a set of moral values. Book Closed. It's been driving me crazy. How do you do that?

I'll pray Allaah turns the heart of all the Muslim Ummah towards Siraat Al Mustaqeem. Surely He alone is the turner of the hearts.

BaarakAllaahu feek for your duas, Ameen wa Iyyaak.

Assalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barkatuhu: Sis

Huge thanks for your Du'aa. Ameen.

These weekly sessions of Jamaate-Islami are basically for Deeni Tarbiyat. Undoubtedly,when believers assemble for sake of Allah (SWT) it hastens the Imaan and commitment of attenders. Imaan amplification desperately needs Jamaah (assembly) besides individual efforts.

I recommend you to join these weekly sessions,InshaAllah you will find them very productive. This platform by Jamaate-Islami isn't biased towards any sect nor there is ever any discussion on such topics. In my city these session are held on every Thursdays. This is Ikhlas of our sisters that they abandon kitty parties other such events and spend their time in way of Allah (SWT).

I think that my approach for refining my wife hasn't been to the mark. It needs to be amended. The points you raised are appreciable and to be pondered and applied.

Sister,my Imaan used to be prone to disintegration for not finding an perfect Islamic niche. But with the passage of time and blessings of Allah (SWT) I gathered enough spiritual and psychological strength to not be affected by way of immediate Islamic community next to me. One thing I have learnt and that is to be always in company or proximity of people consistent in their commitment to Deen of Allah. Finding such pious Muslims is a sort of recruiting a team from bulk of followers. This is onto you to recruit them.

I pray Allah (SWT) to pour his utmost blessings upon you and your family. And I pray further to Allah (SWT) to settle your life in best of the ways. :)

Regards.

PeArLL

-Quiet Member-
I think cross culture marriage is good, because one gets to experience a new culture and also unite the different communities... As Muslims we all should be united instead of living in different communities... It's likely that one would have difficulty but with the help of ALLAH nothing is impossible or difficult...

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Assalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barkatuhu: Sis

Wa`Alaykumasalam Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Baarakaatuh,

It's so nice to have the 'salam' spread around. I have about 15 min walk from my department to where I stay. I pass by many sisters and kids on my way and as a habit I says "salam". By Allaah! The look on the faces of some, you'd think I've suddenly been thrown from mars. Alhumdulillah some reply (say 20%) That makes me smile so broadly, I'm amazed at myself. I think only 3 people got ahead of me and said salam before I did in all these. . say 3 months?
Huge thanks for your Du'aa. Ameen.

BaarakAllaahu feek. I pray for others, Inshaa'Allaah they are accepted for me too. No need to say thanks, I'm doing business here.

These weekly sessions of Jamaate-Islami are basically for Deeni Tarbiyat. Undoubtedly,when believers assemble for sake of Allah (SWT) it hastens the Imaan and commitment of attenders. Imaan amplification desperately needs Jamaah (assembly) besides individual efforts.

I recommend you to join these weekly sessions,InshaAllah you will find them very productive. This platform by Jamaate-Islami isn't biased towards any sect nor there is ever any discussion on such topics. In my city these session are held on every Thursdays. This is Ikhlas of our sisters that they abandon kitty parties other such events and spend their time in way of Allah (SWT).

JazaakAllaahu khayraa Akh. I'll do my best this Thursday (it's on Thurdays here too). If not, maybe I'll attend the Girls' circle Inshaa'Allaah.
I think that my approach for refining my wife hasn't been to the mark. It needs to be amended. The points you raised are appreciable and to be pondered and applied.
It could be. I'm suppose to have positive influence on my cousins. I'm expected to do what their parents should. It's a responsibilty imposed (By expectations) on me more than I 'think' I can bear. However, I feel I'm doing some good now that I changed my ways. I've put up a chart in my room. It shows a bar. Everytime my cousins do a good act, from salam when they enter the house to prayers or brushing there teeth, I add a green gem in there. Everytime something wrong (fighting, bad mouthing, being stubborn, not doing homework) happens I turn one of the gem black. A good deed changed the black back to green. fast prayers mean one gem, slow beautiful ones mean two. If they reach the mid line, they get a "Shawarma", If they score perfect, they get a juice as a bonus. It's working very well on both my cousins Mashaa'Allaah. One of them is 4 and doesn't know salah, but he's the first to perform wudhu and wait on the prayer rug for his brother (10) to lead him. I'm happy to have started 'some' good. I still have to think of what to do with the girls *sigh*. They are 15 and 12. Can't really think of much right now.
Sister,my Imaan used to be prone to disintegration for not finding an perfect Islamic niche. But with the passage of time and blessings of Allah (SWT) I gathered enough spiritual and psychological strength to not be affected by way of immediate Islamic community next to me. One thing I have learnt and that is to be always in company or proximity of people consistent in their commitment to Deen of Allah. Finding such pious Muslims is a sort of recruiting a team from bulk of followers. This is onto you to recruit them.

So I make my own team? I don't know.

I pray Allah (SWT) to pour his utmost blessings upon you and your family. And I pray further to Allah (SWT) to settle your life in best of the ways. :)

Ameen wa iyaaki. May Allaah ease you situation and make you wife a perfect role model for the Muslimahs all over the world. I pray Allaah guide your kids to be the next great Scholars and Da'ees of Islam. And I pray Allaah Allaah guides us and keep us firm on the straigth path. The path of those who has earned His pleasure.

P.S. Brother HelpingHumanity I apologise for taking your thread in another direction.

Sister Zohra

Wa`Alaykumasalam Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Baarakaatuh,

It's so nice to have the 'salam' spread around. I have about 15 min walk from my department to where I stay. I pass by many sisters and kids on my way and as a habit I says "salam". By Allaah! The look on the faces of some, you'd think I've suddenly been thrown from mars. Alhumdulillah some reply (say 20%) That makes me smile so broadly, I'm amazed at myself. I think only 3 people got ahead of me and said salam before I did in all these. . say 3 months?

Assalamu Alaikum,

Sister I know exactly what you mean! I meet a fellow Muslim and say "Salam" but I usually don't get a response - other than from their faces. The few that do usually respond so quietly that you wouldn't know they were talking if not for their lips moving.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum

As long as the sister agrees;as long as it between what Allah has ordained; as long as there are two witnesses; as long as the marriage is for the sake of pleasing Allah subhana wa taala..I say Allah Akbar and where is my slice of cake

PeArLL

-Quiet Member-
Assalaam walaikum

As long as the sister agrees;as long as it between what Allah has ordained; as long as there are two witnesses; as long as the marriage is for the sake of pleasing Allah subhana wa taala..I say Allah Akbar and where is my slice of cake

Well said Aapa... and where is my slice of cake??

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Now sister...one thing I can do is bake. InshaAllah, the day Allah subhana wa taala grants me a believing brother..I will have the tastiest cake and hand deliver it to my TTI family.

PeArLL

-Quiet Member-
Assalaam walaikum,

Now sister...one thing I can do is bake. InshaAllah, the day Allah subhana wa taala grants me a believing brother..I will have the tastiest cake and hand deliver it to my TTI family.

:wasalam:

INSHALLAH Aapa... I love cake.. I'm afraid I'm gonna eat it all hehe... just kidding.. Brothers and Sisters you're gonna have a chance to eat... Don't worry :D

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
maybe there is no problem with 2 people with different cultures in marriage.the problem can start when the couple wishes a baby and it discuss about his education/religion.I know many couples with the same problem and the basis of their discussions are often the raising of the children,above all between a catholic wife and a muslim husband.

saifkhan

abd-Allah
As salam 'alaykum

we all come from different culture, different background, different ethnicity and wrapped in different cultural prejudices and superstitions. if we look very carefully, the culturism, nationalism and these type of calling have always harmed human, specially for us Muslims.

no matter from where we are, Allah has honored us with Deen Al-Islam.
who are we to snatch that honor in the name of our cheap culture, which changes every now an then, in 10 years it can change up-side-down

Muslims and culturism, these two can not exist together.

to be very frank, now a days i see some statements like:
Proud American Muslim, Proud Pakistani Muslim..............

fro example, where comes the pride? in Islam? or in the nationalistic call? or in both?

now as I've used America and Pakistan, just as example, if someone reads from the these nationality and feels, why I used America/ Pakistan or anything, remember you've got still the trace of nationalism in your heart.

may Allah save us from the dark ignorance of nationalism or culturism

If we are real Muslims, we shouldn't have any problem in co-existence, because our Testament is same, Al-Quran and our guide is one, the final Prophet Muhammad salla Allahu 'alaihi wa sallam (his sunnah).

yes as Sister Hajjer said:

EVEN if without knowing i took some non-muslim values with me while growing, i expect my future housband to cure me from them,to help our marriage to succed if any ''cultural'' things may stay in the way, NOT to refuse marryng me because of them, wich is totally opposite...

yes our culturul sentiment may not match in. then we got to understand, we have shortcomings, both the husband and wife should strive hard to overcome it. and the more we are Muslims, the more easy it comes.

Allahu 'alam

barakAllahu feekum
wassalam

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
Brother saifkhan, you made a point but I've some reservation. In the surah al-Hujuraat, chapter 49 verse 13, Allah informed us that He made you and me from various clans, tribes, races etc. In other word, there is nothing wrong being proud with your background but when culture and religion at the crossroad, religion should prevail.

saifkhan

abd-Allah
Brother saifkhan, you made a point but I've some reservation. In the surah al-Hujuraat, chapter 49 verse 13, Allah informed us that He made you and me from various clans, tribes, races etc. In other word, there is nothing wrong being proud with your background but when culture and religion at the crossroad, religion should prevail.

as salam 'alaykum

who divided the lands and nation/nationalities?
plotting of kuffar.

why your country and my country is different in shape?
why this one is big and that one is small, who defines the boundaries?
isn't that who's got more power took the broader part, or who had link or lobbying the kuffar got the broader part?

don't mix tribe/clan with todays nationalities.
and what name you gonna give the tribe of the product of a cross cultural marriage, with what the child should be proud?

I'm not a stand to debunk you or defeat you, dont take it otherwise brother, I hope you can understand.

barakAllahu feek
wassalam

um muhammad al-mahdi

لا اله الا الله محمد رسول الله
Staff member
:salam2:

the duty of every parent is to teach the proper Islam to the children. We should teach them and be proud of being Muslims... simple!! SubhanaAllah!

:jazaak: