dipressive condition

saima abdullah

my life iz 4 Allah
:salam2:
dear sisters and brothers i m going through a diprassive situation after having baby i have not enough time for salah and other things to improve my emman , that is why i m feeling strage , i get anger in a mintue i feel upset , i believe dat there is nothing left in my life but holding up a crying baby (.... i just wanted 2 ask how others cope with such...:wasalam:

sachin4islam

Assalamu Alaikum: Sis.

As the baby grows up you will realize how blessed you are for being a mother.

My son used to sleep during day time and at night when we were supposed to rest he would wake up and cry unreasonably. I spent nights restlessly awake when he used to go crying.

May Allah (SWT) ease things for you and baby.

Regards.

islamerica

1 Ummah under God
:wasalam:

Inshallah have patients dear sister, the first 3-6 months will be hard but then it will get easy. Try listening to the Quran if you don't have time to read it. It will help you calm down as well as drive out the shaytans from your house.

Kooba

I am not sure if this would help, but I understand due the massive toll pregnancy takes on your body, one of the multiple reason to be affected by Postpartum depression can be a result of lacking certain vitamins/minerals.

Try (after consulting with a doctor, please) Vitamin B12, D, and Fish oil (Omega). You basically want to get your serotonin levels up, which the above do help level out, and Inshallah help you get out of this funk, and in order to do so you may need a higher dosage then normal.

As for your Salaah, keep your intent every day to pray all five, it's important in keeping yourself steady. Always intend to pray every single one, even if you have to take it step by step.

The combination of both medicinal and spiritual healing, Inshallah you will be soon out of this stage.

Hatty

Nursing and caring for the baby is a reward exclusive only to women sister. You are improving your emaan by going through this process. So do not feel that you are missing out on that.

Just correct your intention when you are raising and caring for your baby. Do not only do it because it is your baby, do it in order to please Allah and inshallah this will contribute to strengthening your faith and deen and inshallah you will be rewarded...ameen...

esperanza

revert of many years

Nursing and caring for the baby is a reward exclusive only to women sister. You are improving your emaan by going through this process. So do not feel that you are missing out on that.

Just correct your intention when you are raising and caring for your baby. Do not only do it because it is your baby, do it in order to please Allah and inshallah this will contribute to strengthening your faith and deen and inshallah you will be rewarded...ameen...
[/QUOTE

great advice from a brother,,,,yes really sister ,this is a blessing for us..now it may seem hard exhasuting ,,but one day you will look bacck and think where did that baby go ,when they are grown and reaDY to live their own life,,,

none of my sons slept well at night,and in time it becomes part of life,,,...and even now they wont go to sleep,,,

that small baby is helpless totally dependent on you for everything

believe me sister..your stronger thanyou think ....

and be pateint in time when that baby first smiles at you or grasps your hand,or takes its first step ..inshallah you will forget every hard moment

may Allah bless your baby and make everything eaiser for you

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

What is not spoken about is the loneliness of motherhood. Your world is reduced to you and the baby.

I found this to help:

1. Take a nap with the baby. It's ok.
2. When the baby is about four months old start adding cereal to the formula. It eases the crying. Tummy full...baby sleeps..you sleep.
3. If you have family members who can take care of the baby..let them. Give the baby to your mother or his mother. Spend an evening with your husband. Doll yourself up. Spoil yourself. Your mothers do know how to take care of an infant.
4. Exercise. I used to swim with the babies. It is good for them and they will sleep well. I threw them in the pool when they were about six months old.
5. When rocking them to sleep dhikr. Gently sing to them. Let them hear the name of Allah.
6. Play with your child. Play. Dumb stuff...set the microwave to 10 seconds and count back...clap your hands..play and play..Make a bowl of jello and play with the jello..let the baby find textures and keep everything bright.
7. Start reading to the child. Let the child hear words and sounds.
8. This is the greatest joy for a woman. Look for the joy and thank Allah each second. They grow up so fast..I knew someone who used to tell me children grow like weeds. So enjoy each second.

Noor El-Huda

Assalamalaykum dear sister

May Allah ease the situation for you inshallah.
Things will get better with time inshallah. Remember that Allah swt does not give us more than we can bear. You are capable sister.

Just remember that this is just a temporary phase, inshallah. You can try giving your baby warm natural herbal drinks, like chamomile and aniseed - which are available in chemists. That gives a calming effect, have a few sips too!

My dear sister, I look back to the days when my children were little. I had 3 under the age of 3. Allah swt helped me threw it. Now theyre' all grown up, I miss those days so much. I know it can be tough, that all of a sudden, it's an entirely different world than what we've been doing. A world of bottles and nappies. But with that comes a pleasure. Allah called chilren zinatu Elhayat eddunya. Think of this little one as your bundle of joy. There is an arabic saying, : "Our children are our organs walking on the ground". Just give your baby your warm and tender loving care and watch that beautiful relationship develop. You will see all your efforts are well worth it.

Sister, just think of the many sisters who would love to be in your shoes, to have a crying baby even just for 1 day, but they can't! Dear sister, enjoy the treasure in your hands, mashallah.:muslim_child:

serena77

sister i'm so sorry you are having a rough time. May Allah (swt) guide you and your little one as the bond between you grows. I do hope things even out soon for you, remember Allah won't give you more than you can handle and we are all here for you, and don't forget to rely on the help of any friends and family during this time too.
Serena

hana*

this is exactly what i am going through. i have a three month old baby, she is the light of my life. however, i think i have post natal depression. I has a stressful pregnancy. its very difficult staying at home alone in isolation for prolonged hours. i cry on most days, i feel pain.

Aapa has given good advice. what we are going through affects 10-15% of women, thats the reported cases so I suspect the figure is far greater.

Perhaps speak to a doctor. I am going for a blood test to check my thyroxine levels, as this can deplete following delivery.

a_stranger

Dear sister you are in great ibada inshaAllah enjoy it, for sure you must keep the 5 prayers but you don't have to do more if you have no time , please ponder in this new creation to have more faith , and see the greatness of the creator subhan Allah . When your girl is grown up you will wish that she is still young and close to your heart. Believe me now you are blessed .everything you do for this little creature is a great work that make you closer to Allah subhanahu wa taala , we should worship Allah as he plan for us not as what we used to or like to . You can use your time to have more knoweldge in Islam or memorise Quran by hearing leacutres and recitation of Quran while you are doing your work with her.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Next time we have a discussion on plural wives this would be an excellent argument.
Think for a minute sisters...what are you complaining about; get busy.
And what man wants to be near a woman is moaning and complaining and crying about joy..

saima abdullah

my life iz 4 Allah
this is exactly what i am going through. i have a three month old baby, she is the light of my life. however, i think i have post natal depression. I has a stressful pregnancy. its very difficult staying at home alone in isolation for prolonged hours. i cry on most days, i feel pain.

sister i had passed through 100% this situation that i had no one to talk at home for days untill my husband get back home ...after 4 or 5 day and i think that feeling is still prevaling now .. Allah has blessed me Alhumdulillah but i m unable to get out of dipression..:shymuslima1:
jasak Allah every one for their support and advise May Allah be Pleased with all of you and with rest of ummah

esperanza

revert of many years
sister i had passed through 100% this situation that i had no one to talk at home for days untill my husband get back home ...after 4 or 5 day and i think that feeling is still prevaling now .. Allah has blessed me Alhumdulillah but i m unable to get out of dipression..:shymuslima1:
jasak Allah every one for their support and advise May Allah be Pleased with all of you and with rest of ummah

sister where do you live and are your family close by

i had my first baby in a strange country no family around,,my husband working long hours...be strong sister,,,you have a blessing in that baby

saima abdullah

my life iz 4 Allah
sister i had to live in village with my two mothers in law while my husband works in Rawal pindi ,,, now we are moving to lahore (in pakitan you may not familair to these names :))).. i had a hard time there in that backword enviroment coz i never went to village i had no friend or age fellow there or there was no one of my mindset but i hope things will go alright now inshaAllah ...all i suffered for my husband he is so gentle

serena77

sister
from my friends in pakistan i learned lahore is a really interesting place. I hope things will change for you there as there will be many more people and hopefully more sisters that you can make friends with. may Allah guide you and your family and continue to bring you strength.
Serena

hana*

Assalaam walaikum,

Next time we have a discussion on plural wives this would be an excellent argument.
Think for a minute sisters...what are you complaining about; get busy.
And what man wants to be near a woman is moaning and complaining and crying about joy..

this statment is quite harsh, all very easy to say get busy. i am always busy cooking, cleaning etc i do go out for walks etc. i dont believe that i moan nor complain, I am very grateful. however, nobody knows what the other went through. what man wants to be near such woman...? a genuine husband who stands by her through thick and thin just like she should stand by him at all costs.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

In enjoining good...given all the varied trials that people face..this is a joy that is being turned into a trial..

call me harsh..but that is the truth. Does a Muslim woman really want to wallow in the pity of depression.

Why would you reduce a man to comforting a woman who is complaining about the joy of motherhood.

There is a simple phrase...recite Alhumdullila.....recite what fills the scales...

so I am not being harsh...