Do Not Marry 7 Types of Women

esperanza

revert of many years
Assalaam walaikum,

So the sister has written a long long post.

The sister has advocated that a good man is one with plural wives.

Sister you have made my day.

sorry but does this mean a man who does not marry more than one is not??????

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Lighten up sister...I was simply pointing out what the sister wrote. I found it amusing. You need to ask her. She used the plural.

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
Assalamu'alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh,

Sister Appa, you don't happen to have any hard feelings/grudges towards me, do you? :) If you do, then I sincerely apologize for the weaknesses from my side.

As for the plural that I used - you are referring to the word "wives", right? That was to give examples from the life of Prophet Muhammad sallallahu alayhi wassalaam. As for whether a man has one or four wives do not indicates the level of his Imaan, as only Allaah knows best what is within the heart of His slaves.

I don't wish to change this thread into a polygamy/monogamy discussion [I know this was recently discussed in a separate thread] also because we've discussed about this before; some years ago, remember Appa?

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showpost.php?p=419563&postcount=15

Ramadhaan al-Mubaraak to you and the others.

:wasalam:

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Assalamu'alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh,

Sister Appa, you don't happen to have any hard feelings/grudges towards me, do you? :) If you do, then I sincerely apologize for the weaknesses from my side.

As for the plural that I used - you are referring to the word "wives", right? That was to give examples from the life of Prophet Muhammad sallallahu alayhi wassalaam. As for whether a man has one or four wives do not indicates the level of his Imaan, as only Allaah knows best what is within the heart of His slaves.

I don't wish to change this thread into a polygamy/monogamy discussion [I know this was recently discussed in a separate thread] also because we've discussed about this before; some years ago, remember Appa?

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showpost.php?p=419563&postcount=15

Ramadhaan al-Mubaraak to you and the others.

:wasalam:

I believe she's apprecited you *Grins*. Aapa is one big champion for men with many wives. And she's got very strong reasons to back her view. I agree with most of it.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

There is nothing personal.

This is purely academic. I am beginning to see a pattern with young Muslim women when they write.

Keep it short and simple. If not the reader gets easily confused.
Keep the verb tense the same.
Stick with one thought.

When someone responds do not get emotional. It weakens your case. Keep it factual. Has it occurred to you that many employers review your history including forums you blog on. If they see females constantly becoming emotional they will not hire you.

When you write on a public forum be ready to defend your argument. An argument is academic. It is your point of view. Back it up with facts. Be strong in your responses. And if someone presents an alternative view refute it with logic not emotion.

I was tickled. I am not making anything but a simple comment.

This entire thread is rather sickening. There are very few examples from the Quran or even hadeeth.

Here we are smack in the middle of Ramadan and this is what people are thinking. Yes, I have a right to be tickled.

Nothing personal, sisters. I am just tickled.

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
Wa'alaykummusalaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh,

Nice to know that Sister Appa and thank you for sharing your thoughts about it. And yes, I am aware of the history over the internet. Nothing ever gets deleted permanently.

About making it simple and short, I'm still working on that. I haven't always succeed in making summaries. It is not that easy as every time when I post here, I not only check the spelling, grammatical errors and structure of the sentence twice, but sometimes more than that. Thank you though for pointing that out.

Young or old is subjective. It doesn't represents through age. I remember it was one of your words where you've met a youth with a 50 yrs old maturity and a 50 yrs old with a young mind. Again, maturity is subjective (or is the correct word relative?)

Emotions. . . are hard to define especially when writing in a forum, on the internet where we do not see that person face-to-face. Some time ago, Brother Frank (Frank H Smith) wrote a nice article about how one's true emotion at the time of writing is difficult to analyze without the existence of body language, face expressions. But yes, most of the time we can read the expression but we may not always be correct. Perhaps you [I'm talking this generally, not saying you you] thought that that person was writing when she was in the state of anger when the truth is, she was just letting out her hyper-passion in her writings.

Yes, its true there's little examples from the Quran and ahadeeth in this thread. But don't forget about the Siraah, the story of the life of the past pious predecessors. That's why I always find it heart-warming and touches deep in the heart on whatever that happened to human's life nowadays, compare it to a Sahaabi or Sahabiyaah, then you'll realize how they've gone through worse/harder than us.

I know I'm making it long again but believe me, if I felt there was nothing important to convey, I won't waste my time on that. I hope it doesn't confuse anyone with my long post, Inshaa Allaah.

Wa'alaykummusalaam wa rahmatullah.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Once again my comments were not directed at one person. I have noticed over the years that our females become more defensive than males.

As to what Brother Frank Smith stated I am one person who can say whatever!!! Funny you would bring that name up out of the blue. I must have been blessed to be tickled today.

Maturity is relative. It is not subjective or else we would not be able to agree that this is a person who is mature. There has to be an area of objectivity to deem a person mature.

It is wonderful that you are studying the ones who held fast to our faith. We can learn from them. Yet, sister each life is individual and Allah tests us, each and every one. We are alive. And we can not lose sight of the fact that in our lives we can migrate towards Allah as well.

Keep in mind that I have the deepest respect for my younger sisters. Your comments on this thread have made this serious. You are demonstrating to others how seriously you take your comments. How seriously you apply your faith.

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Assalaam walaikum,

As to what Brother Frank Smith stated I am one person who can say whatever!!! Funny you would bring that name up out of the blue. I must have been blessed to be tickled today.

Asalamoalaikom wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuhu. . .

I knew this was coming when I read her post and before I saw yours. Please sister, this is my fault. Sister Aisha takes brother Frank as a real fatherly person. When he was around, I wasn't active. She told me all about his wisdom and politeness. "I" was the one who reminded her of him on our VM chat last night. It must have just crossed her mind that he once shared something about *whatever it is that you two are discussing*. There is a good chance that it wasn't personal. And that she didn't do that on purpose.

As for you Aapa. We love you, trust me we (okay I'll speak for myself so I) love you. True that we disagree a lot and true that we are often at odds ( or I am at odds) with you. That doesn't mean we'll pick on you (especially like this) to hurt you or target you emotionally. Even if we had no attachment with you, our deen demands that we respect you enough not to target you like that. This I learnt form sister Aisha herself. She most probably had no idea this'll end like this. Other then that it's Allaah who actually knows what the heart contains.

Oyee sister, I think Aapa felt targeted here. It's best that you apologize. It's Ramadan and it's best to make up for your "intentional" hurting of others *Smile*. We never know what nullify all our deeds with us having a no clue about it.

May Allaah erase our sins. And accept our deeds Ameen

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Sister,

Each salat I make I beg Allah to forgive me for my sins. As I ask to be forgiven I in turn have to forgive.

I cannot afford to hold onto anger. Life is too short. I have too many blessings.

So there is nothing to forgive. This is Ramadan. And I feel and count on His Blessings for each one of us. Each salat I make dua for my brothers and sisters on TTI and their families.

Women are the most beautiful of the flowers and fruits of nature. Our Prophet, may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him, loved women. We can be silly, my god can we be silly. We can be a pain in the rear. At our worst but at our best we are something to behold.

We are patient. We are kind. We are compassionate. We are generous. When things are bad we can lighten the world. We can take the ordinary and make it filled with star dust. We take a house and make it a home. And how deep is our love.

Let us celebrate the joy of being a Muslim woman and having sisters.

I pray this makes someone smile.

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
^ Made me smile, Jazaakallah khair.

You remind me of one of my favorite hadeeth. The prophet of Allaah:saw: said:

Women and perfume have been made beloved to me and my delight is in prayer.” Narrated by Ahmad (11885), al-Nasaa’i (3940); classed as saheeh by al-Albaani.

I'm Proud to have an XX chromosome pair *Smile*.

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
:) Mashaa Allaah.

You're absolutely right Sister Seeking Allah's Mercy. . .except for this part:

She most probably had no idea this'll end like this. Other then that it's Allaah who actually knows what the heart contains.

. . . because I pretty much think that everything is well here, Inshaa Allaah.

And no, it wasn't your fault that I suddenly remember about the brother, it was about his thread I remembered [A bit of clarification here :)]

Oyee sister, I think Aapa felt targeted here. It's best that you apologize. It's Ramadan and it's best to make up for your "intentional" hurting of others *Smile*. We never know what nullify all our deeds with us having a no clue about it.

Ok, since I was "demanded". . . I mean "requested politely" [now, is that the right word =D], I'll apologize for everything including to the thread starter, to whoever is reading this thread no matter in which part of the globe you're living.

And yes, we can be silly at times. But in the end, we [sisters] love each other for Allaah's sake; regardless of what had happened before.

Have a nice day. Wa'alaykummussalaam.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Sisters..

You can not make me emotional...I am a woman and sometimes my eyes well-up with a watery substance..this is not good..I am having fun on a thread about the Taliban. I mean ..tall, dark and handsome...

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
:) Mashaa Allaah.

You're absolutely right Sister Seeking Allah's Mercy. . .except for this part:

. . . because I pretty much think that everything is well here, Inshaa Allaah.

And no, it wasn't your fault that I suddenly remember about the brother, it was about his thread I remembered [A bit of clarification here :)]

Ok, since I was "demanded". . . I mean "requested politely" [now, is that the right word =D], I'll apologize for everything including to the thread starter, to whoever is reading this thread no matter in which part of the globe you're living.

And yes, we can be silly at times. But in the end, we [sisters] love each other for Allaah's sake; regardless of what had happened before.

Have a nice day. Wa'alaykummussalaam.

:salam2:wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuhuh. . .

Seeee *Smile* didn't I say sister Aisha won't hurt anyone, not when I'm around to demand apologies *Grins*. Just kidding!

It's nice to see Ramadan working its magic out here.

I sooo do love you for the sake of Allaah ukht!