Dual Faith

kahuna1983

Hello All,

Having been a regular viewer of this website, videos, forums etc, for a long time now, this is my first post.

I was born Catholic, a faith given to me by my family, I have in the past few months discovered the world of Islam. I feel that understanding this religion (and others) is very important as I feel that I am a much more rounded individual now.

In saying that, I feel it is vital to say that I am embracing Islam. In doing this, I am making my Christian Heritage stronger and so I believe I can call myself a Christian Muslim.

In doing this I will be closer to Allah, I will respect my famliy and follow my own path in life.

I hope that this will be the first of many discussions I will initiate and contribute to, and I wish you all peace in your daily lives.

misalat

Hello there,
Nice to read your intoductory note! mashaa Allah and may Allah bless you.
I just wanted to point out that ... even though islam can be called re-newal of All the old religion and Muhammad is the last prophet sent to all mankind, we could call our selves dual religion. The only religion accepted infront of Allah in the day of Judgement is ISLAM ... Islam was revealed after all other revealed books of Allah were distorted and some changes made in them by human beings.

below are few basic about islam .... It's built in three basic fundamentals : -

1. AL-ISLAM --- It has five pillars -- Shahada, prayers (5 - times a day), paying charity (8 - catagories), Fasting the month of Ramadhan, Visiting Meca for Hajj (for only those who can afford it once in their life time)

2. IMAN - It also has six pillars : - believe in Allah, His Angels, His revealed books (this includes the bible), His prophets (including Jesus), in the Day of Judgement (last day), and Qadar ( the will of God, whether good or bad it happens with His will)

3. Al Ihsan - it has only one Pillar : - that you warship Allah as if you can see Him, for if you don't see Him, He can sure see you.

:salam2:

Sister_X

kahuna1983 MashAllah Welcome to the right path.

Converted to Islam is not easy for people to do now a days, esp since the media has nice things to say about Islam. By Allah's will your family will except you as a Muslim.

Yusuf Estes in recent trip to New Mexico was stoped at the airport for those "random checks"they have (Random my aunt Halimo Ahmed mohamed Ali Abdullahi).The airport security told him that they will stop interviewing at airports, and that they will put him in a record for those that are no longer under suspion. Long story short, the security asked Yusuf what kind of muslim he was, and Yusuf replied "i'm Just a Muslim". The security said that he can't be "just a muslim" so he has chose in the list of the sects of muslims they have. He asked him to chose whether he was a "sunni, shiai, Sufi,Wahabi..."etc.. Brother Estes told the man again that he was "a Muslim". On the record that did not have an option that said "Muslim" just by itself, with no other attachments. When Brother Estes noticed that the security will not except him as just a Muslim, Yusuf replied "I'm a Christian Muslim" the airport security was shocked, he had never heard of a "christian muslim" Yusuf Estes told the man that "you see i was a Christian before and now i'm a Muslim". They put Yusuf Estes as "a Christian Muslim".

My point is (I'm not sure if i'm making one) that Muslims call themselfs sunni, shai etc, when they are only supposed to be calling themselfs just "Muslim". So if it's okay for my other brother or sister in islam to call her/himself "sunni" etc.. it's most definitely okay for you to calll yourself "Christain Muslim". If of course by "christian" you mean follower of Christ phb, and not a worshiper of him, a believer of "three in one", "one with God" "Son Of God" "God in Flesh" etc.

Salaam
May Our Lord Guide us all

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
Let's don't judge each other.Allah is the one who knows our hearts.
If he has an intention its already good.U cannot tell the person U are not Muslim,coz nobody knows.And this kind of judgement is unpolite and unacceptable.
Only Allah can guide us.
I agree though that there is no such thing as Muslim Christian,but with the time he will discover it Inshaallah.We all learning day by day...
But Noone has the right to Judge

Islam is Peace ,let's remember that...
Salam to all

island muslim

salaam alaiykum,

dear sister libin and sister aisha,

I am 100% sure about his earlier post and i swear by allah(swt) i answered that post before he deleted. I am sure others answered his thread as well cause i saw their posts (can't remember who they were).

Anyways wallahi its not my intention to be harsh on any genuine seeker of the truth or just any non muslim who is frankly asking questions.

ALLAH ALLA3M

P.S. By the way the nic "kahuna" means high priest for your information, sisters.

fee amaanllah good sisters,

Erik

I know to little to be able to give you a theoligical answer to your question.
I can guess that even if you ask many from either religion that they say, no you cant!!

Now if you read the Holy Quran and know the bible and feel you can, you can! noone else on the planet is to tell you that it is not possible if you feel it is possible.

Religion is about beliving.
If you read scriptures and match them you will see and find out for yourself.

I was to born into my religion (Christian) as most are, born into there religion.

I am now reading the Holy Quran because I want to make up my own mind.

I got so many questions, got so many answers, watch so many clipps online from both side that it be a good 3 month fulltime job to studdy just that I got replied to me in a week.

I love that people have this passion and probably I missed crusial words or points in an answer so Im pretty much back to start.
I will read the Holy Quran , studdy it and try to catch up with replies, I started with a common thing, bible was written by man, not one man but by many men.
What does that say, just that alone? Jesus never said he was in one with God, all this other people did, why would they?
Many say what Jesus said but hearsaying and from that, he said he was one with God.
Now why would so many people want to say that about a man?
Ask you this, If a young man runned 100 meters track today at 10 seconds flat and didnt mention it to anyone and had a date with the cutest girl in school at the end of the week.
How many of his friends would have wanted her to know and how many would have told her?

Im still reading, thinking, (how would one act) sofar, Bible written by many men claiming Jesus equal with God, thats for me today they most admirable thing, just that shows it has to be so.

Jesus never claimed he was, that is why he was.
I hope some understand what I mean or try to say.
Regards /Erik

justoneofmillion

Hello All,

Having been a regular viewer of this website, videos, forums etc, for a long time now, this is my first post.

I was born Catholic, a faith given to me by my family, I have in the past few months discovered the world of Islam. I feel that understanding this religion (and others) is very important as I feel that I am a much more rounded individual now.

In saying that, I feel it is vital to say that I am embracing Islam. In doing this, I am making my Christian Heritage stronger and so I believe I can call myself a Christian Muslim.

In doing this I will be closer to Allah, I will respect my famliy and follow my own path in life.

I hope that this will be the first of many discussions I will initiate and contribute to, and I wish you all peace in your daily lives.
assalam.and welcome i think you made a very intresting and important point there!alhamdulillah if you are really a true follower of our beloved prophet esa peace be upon him than welcome to islam and glad tiding to you sister hope you find your time beneficial with us inschallah do not hesitate to ask anything don`t worry no taboos and no limits to what you can ask:SMILY206:

danial

is it just me or in forum is has aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa loooooooooooooot of Catholic converts. more so than any other sects.hmm

kahuna1983

Thank you all for you comments and support, it is so great to see such a warm welcome.

I would like to state that yes, I am a brother. The word Kahuna is not a reference to a high priest but the maker of a chain that I own. So apologies if anyone was slightly confused, but all advice is appreciated.

My reason for looking outside of my Catholic faith was namely for educational purposes. At school we were only ever taught one faith and i felt that other then stereotypes I was pretty clueless of what others actually believe.

Since 9/11 I have always been the first to speak out against those who say they follow Allah. I was objective and somewhat rounded in my defence of Muslims, despite knowing very little. This year I was able to have the courage to ask the questions, to read the books, and since I have I have not stopped in my quest to find the answers. I feel I am a little bit closer to that.

The emphasis on family, charity and of course the ability to speak solely to Allah is what appealed to me with regards to Islam. I would not critique my Catholic faith publically as my feelings regarding it, while mixed are personal and as such, I have no right to question someones belief in it as it is theres and that would be unfair of me to do so.

I feel happy now to say that I am a Christian Muslim, I believe in the oneness of the God, the messages of Jesus (PBUH) and Muhammed (PBUH) and through this the desire to better myself from day to day.

Thank you again for all your feedback, it is greatly appreciated and means a great deal to me.

sugarbb

Assalammualaikum,

Kahuna i hope you will be our brother in Islam soon. Continue learning about Islam, InsyaAllah.:tti_sister:

mymohsin

Pls mak Duwa 4 me
Salam Brother,

Masha allah brother congrates for coming to the path of truth Islam. May Allah help and guid all of us to understand and follow the path of truth Islam firmly. Ameen.

Allah Hafiz.

saif

reality is not digital

Dear brother,

The topic of dual religion has been in discussion in the forum. I just couldn't find the time to post my thoughts at that time. You have revived that discussion again and I am taking this opportunity to say a few words.

I think, the reality of mankind is very much "analog" and not "digital", putting it in terms of electrical engineering. (I can't help it. I am Engineer). In other words, it is not like 0 or 1, or like "pregnant" or "not pregnant" (and never half pregnant). I realized that, when I had to quit my nationality to get the german one. I have spent half of my life so far in Pakistan and the other half in Germany. Germany and Pakistan are both part of my identity, yet my passport cannot reflect this reality.

The same is the case with you, dear brother. You have a history of your mental and spiritual development of your own, which is different than manny of us. Any why shouldn't you keep your good values, coming either from your english culture or christian background. Islam is there to purify the existing cultures and not the arabize all cultures. If the sermon of the mount has made your heart soft for other human beings and your neighbours, there is no need to harden it again. If you have learnt from Jesus Christ to love your enemy and to remain morally superior on your enemy, then keep it up and try to teach this prophetic message to us muslims, because nobody else is more in need of this prophetic message. If you have learnt the wisdom behind the law by reading "You are blind leaders, for you filter out a mosquito yet swallow a camel", then keep it up and voice your opinion when you see muslims "filtering mosquitos". This is the beauty of Islam. You are on the path of the prophets. Welcome to Islam.

Your brother in Islam,

Saif

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Welcome. When you are very young you may think about the possbility of a Divine Being..but life has too much to offer..you chase the wind..
In your thirties you stop and think for a moment that life has more to it...then you go raise a family..
In the 40's you take time out to answer the deep desire in your heart that will not leave you alone...later in life you come to terms with it all...
I have oversimplified many thelologians and personality theorists...

One of the purposes of life is to find something that makes sense. Islam makes sense. There are no paradigms that lose you...there are no puzzles and mysteries. It is real and laid out for you.

The choice is yours and yours alone. There are no intercessions. There is no grandeur in the ceremony. You bow your head in submission. You make direct contact. It is the simplicity of Islam that makes it so profound. It is truly mindboggling. Islam permits both the interior life and the exterior life to develop.

This forum will assit you and guide you. The noble brothers and sisters will reach out to you. Guidance comes from Allah and Allah alone. Welcome to the Path of Love, the Home of Peace, and the environment of Reason and Truth.

konrad16660

not possible

I don't want to be rude in any matter. I am still learning about islam. I do grasp lots of its concepts and it is very apparent and almost laughable the discussion of dual religions. You can only be muslim. You can be muslim and be irish, you can be muslim and jewish(ethnically) but you cannot be christian/muslim, hindu/muslim etc. You would be completely blind of the fundamentals of islam. There is only one god, and allah is his prophet. If you read the qu'ran you will see that they outline that there was a jesus and moses. However Jesus is not divine(thus making christianity impossible in its compatibility with islam) they were profits, but not of the divine nature. To believe in Islam, you must believe that allah is the only god.

here is a small part I will leave you with. Food for thought;
"Those whom we have given the book follow it as it ought to be followed. These believed in it. And whoever disbelives in it, these it is that are the losers.