funny moments with hiijab

Umm_Ibrahim

La Ilaha Ilalah
Assalamu Alaykum, i`ll ask the sisters help for my blog, i`m searching funny moments that happened with the sisters when they were wearing hijab to post there, sisters could u tell me urs? just tell me the moment with ur name

i`ll update everytime i get a new story

www.muculmanas.blogspot.com (In Portuguese and now also in ENGLISH)

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
salam aleikum sister
I had too many crazy stories ,let me try to write at least one ...
We also had a thread in sisters only area about it ,I will try to find it inshaAllah

One time I was sitting at work on my chair and I was wearing long white Hijab and I remember there was one lady passing by with her little kid ...Well the kid was turning around my chair and then he stopped and was staring at me and then he looked at his Mom and asked pointing at me :"What's that ?" I turned my face and smiled at him and he looked at his Mom again and said :"Oh,that's a woman" :D
His poor mother looked so embarassed ...
Kids used to drive me crazy ..
One time there was one little girl staring at me and she made her mother to come and ask me what is that thing called that I'm wearing on my head ? :D

One time I was sitting at work and one old man was staring at me and then said :"Are you arab or WHAT?" I simply said 'No"then he turned around and left ...

I also been asked very often by people ,if I'm from India? Which was the funniest thing I ever heard ,I'm Russian ,there is no way on the earth I look like Indian :D

One time someone asked me :"how come you are Muslim ,you are white " LOL
Very smart question..

Of course I been asked if I'm bold ,If I take shower in Hijab ..Very often I been asked that I wear it because I got married and etc...

All I learned from this ,is that we need to educate people ,we need to give dawah ,it is our duty to educate them ,because if we won't then who will do it

Ok now I wrote more then one story LOL ..I hope it helped

waaleikum salam

erica5127

I have a stroy about a friend,
A boy at school always asked her about why she dressed modestly and wore hijab, he would say " what if I ripped the scarf off?" she would simply reply "I'd be upset because I wear this for my own protection." the he asked "would your father disown you if you didnt wear the head-thing?" she said no that her father let her decide on what she wore and her religon.but the most annoying was probably when I showed my mother (non-muslim) her seinor picture, she said "why couldnt she just Americanize it and take that thing off her head" I just told her that was offensive and she didnt say anymore.

I think your right sister, we need to educate people!!

Umm_Ibrahim

La Ilaha Ilalah
thank u sisters, i'm posting it! o Erica wat a sad story inshAllah may Allah bless ur friend (and u2) please sisters keep posting. and tank u everybody for the visits (i know have few things in english now but i'll post more ishAllah)

Glad2bMuslim

funny

:salam2:

one time i was at school and this non-Muslim girl said to me "why do you cover your hair when you women have such beautiful hair"
"i said we are not suppose to show our hair to stange men"

This sister told us that she was inside a store wearing a niqab and a non-Muslim kid said to his mother Is she wearing a halloween costume"

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
thank u sis for the story

and thanks sis for the link but do u think i could use those stories?

im a brother sister :) , umm thats a good question maybe u cud pm the sister who have a hijab story just in case to get their permission i dont think anyone would mind but its better to ask :)

Amadouka

meeting single muslim for marriage

Assalamou Aleykum Sister and brother.
I want to meet a muslim siter for marriage.What is the best advice I can get here?
Thank you
[B]REMOVED[/B]

rightpath_357

Oh- I have a very funny moment with my hijab!

Actually, I don't wear a hijab, I wrap a scarf aroun my head. It's easier for me.

Anyways, one saide was hanging down while I was sitting in my chair at the masjid, while my group was reading Qur'an. The teacher's daughter (baby) came and cluthed it with out me realizing. After a while, it was prayer time. When I got up to go and pray, my friends started laughing. Confused, I looked back and found the babyy's feet off the ground, and clutching onto my scarf!

Umm_Ibrahim

La Ilaha Ilalah

im a brother sister :) , umm thats a good question maybe u cud pm the sister who have a hijab story just in case to get their permission i dont think anyone would mind but its better to ask :)

assalamu alaykum i'm sorry brother!!! yes thats a good idea inshAllah i'll do that.Jazak Allahu krair

poetic

mrs aisha b
Salaam Alaikum,

I was in a mall once and 2 women behind me said "why is she wearing that, shes white" Too bad they dont know Muslim is not a nationality, its a religion, a faith.

Ive also been asked if I converted to "my husbands religion" because I married a muslim. And if I wear the hijab because of him and if his family is mad at me for wearing it because again, im white.

I'd say the funniest moment was when I was at the zoo I had been holding my 4 month old who had been pulling on my hijab and making it become loose,so as I was leaving the zoo with my husband and children, it had been so loose by then it blew right off, I caught it with my hand and held it wrapped around my head (thankfully I had an underscarf on for that peep show), and as I held it at my chin tightly I pushed the stroller with my other hand.. luckily the car was 2 minutes away in the parking lot!

ummsami89

funny story about hijab

Salam alaikum sisters, I have had a couple hijab stories. I work in the public in a dept store so I see all kinds of people........
1. One time a little girl asked me what was that thing on my head....before I answered, her mom said, its a scarf. Isnt it beautiful? Doesnt she have a nice smile and face? I was thinking........"ok, this is nice, Im liking it....."......the girl said, "Are you a girl or boy?".....The mom said, "Oh, come on, can't you see its a girl? ...etc etc?!". She asked why I was wearing it,,,,,I said because I am supposed to....( I never know how to answer young non-muslim children....... ) I said, " you know, The Virgin Mary had a scarf on too, like me.........?!" She looked confused.........Her mother said, "yeah, you know..........like the Virgin Mary.........THE MOTHER OF GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!" AGHHHHHHHHH. :astag: And, I was doing soooooo good! lol I ended it then........and completed the transaction right away and said thank you. have a nice day!!

2. Another time, I was going to my manager's house for a small get to gether.... I was on my way, in the car and reached up to my head to straighten my scarf and make sure everything was good...........UH OH!!! NO SCARF!!!!!?? I made a u-turn in the street.......(I was almost to her house too!) , started crying and put my hand over my head and ducked!! I didn't want anyone to see me without my scarf!! I got home and my family was sitting in the living room........I said, " HELLO??????!! IS THERE ANYTHING WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE?????!!" They watched me go out of the house without a scarf on?! :shymuslima1:

poetic

mrs aisha b
Salam alaikum sisters, I have had a couple hijab stories. I work in the public in a dept store so I see all kinds of people........
1. One time a little girl asked me what was that thing on my head....before I answered, her mom said, its a scarf. Isnt it beautiful? Doesnt she have a nice smile and face? I was thinking........"ok, this is nice, Im liking it....."......the girl said, "Are you a girl or boy?".....The mom said, "Oh, come on, can't you see its a girl? ...etc etc?!". She asked why I was wearing it,,,,,I said because I am supposed to....( I never know how to answer young non-muslim children....... ) I said, " you know, The Virgin Mary had a scarf on too, like me.........?!" She looked confused.........Her mother said, "yeah, you know..........like the Virgin Mary.........THE MOTHER OF GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!" AGHHHHHHHHH. :astag: And, I was doing soooooo good! lol I ended it then........and completed the transaction right away and said thank you. have a nice day!!

2. Another time, I was going to my manager's house for a small get to gether.... I was on my way, in the car and reached up to my head to straighten my scarf and make sure everything was good...........UH OH!!! NO SCARF!!!!!?? I made a u-turn in the street.......(I was almost to her house too!) , started crying and put my hand over my head and ducked!! I didn't want anyone to see me without my scarf!! I got home and my family was sitting in the living room........I said, " HELLO??????!! IS THERE ANYTHING WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE?????!!" They watched me go out of the house without a scarf on?! :shymuslima1:
Salaam Alaikum sister..lol ive done that to go to the backyard or front of the house before... sometimes when you wear hijab so much you dont even feel it so it can happen.. my heart beats so fats it has happend 2 or 3 times and I realize and I look around like is anyone seeing me from their windows? lol

kayleigh

I have a few stories, but once a customer said to me, "I'm so glad you speak English" then she realized what she said and freaked out, trying to backtrack and apologize so she didn't sound so ignorant. I just started laughing, poor girl.

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
I was shopping at the local mall once..around the time of holidays in the US..and was ready to check out..I was standing in line with a sister (also a hijabi)..when a lady behind us said to us

*excuse me..I have a question..do you wear this thing for Kwanzaa?* (Kwanzaa is a week long celebration of AFRICAN HERITAGE!)

I looked at her with utter shock because that was the MOST ignorant comment I had heard that *year*..and it didn't help that she was giving us WEIRD looks as if we were *dirty aliens* even before we got in the line..so I was quite fed up and said to her with a sarcastic tone...

*OH YES!!!..it's our custome..the towel for the head is part of it!*

My friend began to snicker and the lady immediately sensed that she said something wrong..so she apologized and my friend was in a better mood (luckily) and explained that we wear this because our religion decrees it..

I got over the moment quick..until things were ruined again..when the *same lady* saw us walking away after getting checked out..looked at us..and yelled out an enthusiastic..super loud...

*HAPPY HANUKKAH!!!* (an 8-day religious holiday celebrated by people of the Jewish faith)

At that point..my friend had to pull my arm and get me out of that store QUICK before I physically hurt that woman..because she could tell I was driven up the wall by her *holiday spirit*..LOL

:wasalam:

ummyasiin

Striving for Janatul firdous
lol, I have so many stories being that I work in emergency medical, and Im in and out of hospitals ,somtimes ppl say is it cold outside, or are you cold, or this one time I had a old catholic patient who jus kept being sarcastic saying snid remarks, like what kind of hat is that, why are you wearing long sleeves you must be hot, why are you soo wraped like its a storm coming, I simply said to him, mr. such n such well arent you catholic? he said yes, I said are these same questions asked to your cathlic women or to the nuns and smiled? he remaind very quite....my partner said that I was wrong, oh well..
another 1 was at target, since I am completely coverd outside of work I guess I rather do look like dark vader but I was in line and heard a sudden crying from a child, I turned to notice the crying ws because the little toddler was afraid of me, the parents were soo upset and the older kid was pointin dad, dad look, but they wouldnt look I was crackling up, I think my laughing made them more annoyed, last quick one, Ok I jus moved to a newneighborhood, and there a lil playground across from me, now I dont speak neg about other peoples un trained, non mannered kidz but they were cussing up a storm so I told hold of my lil ones and said lets go, so the loud mouth of the crew says outloud WATCH YALL MOUTH THERES MOTHR JESUS!!! and that started a lil chant, omgoodness, I wanted to fight them kids lol.....