Giving Dawah to Opposite Sex-Must Read-

revert2007

Love Fishing
Question
Respected scholars, as-salamu `alaykum.

What is the ruling of giving da`wah to members of the opposite sex? Did our Prophet or his Companions ever give da`wah to women?

Jazakum Allahu khayran.

Answer
Wa `alaykum as-salam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh.

In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

All praise and thanks are due to Allah, and peace and blessings be upon His Messenger.

Dear brother in Islam, thank you for your question, which is a sign of your good faith and keenness to observe da`wah (Arabic for: calling people to Islam). May Allah reward you and make a source of guidance.

The basic ruling is that da`wah includes all people including Muslims and non-Muslims and of course persons of the opposite sex. However, when observing da`wah with a person of the opposite sex, both parties should abide by the Islamic ethics and guidelines of relationship between both sexes.

In his response to your question, Dr. Salah Sultan, president of the American Center for Islamic Research, Columbus, Ohio, and member of the European Council for Fatwa and Research, states,
Obviously Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) practiced da`wah to all, humans, and Jinn. There is no doubt that the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) gave da`wah to women.

As for giving da`wah to members of the opposite sex, the natural and ideal way is to start da`wah with people from the same sex, and then you expand your circle. However, when the case involves men giving da`wah to women, they must follow the following guidelines:

1. No khalwah (Arabic for: seclusion) is allowed.

2. Talks and conversations have to be serious and definite.

3. Women should not speak so softly that they can attract the opposite sex.

4. Da`wah has to be done sincerely for Allah's sake, and not for any worldly cause such as looking for a wife/husband.

source (read other links related to this topic)

so if you want to give dawah to opposite sex,make sure you have enough experience,inorder to do so.If it is just your beginning of dawah,just start doing is with the same sex with yours to avoid any bad things.There are many possibilities can happen when you are doing dawah to the opposite sex and dawah is not an easy job as you may think.It needs a lot of commitment and patience to do so.So please take slow steps in learning how do dawah and do it just with ur same gender.

IbnAhmad

Assalamu Alykum. :)

Jazakallahu Khair for yet another beneficial Thread Sister. May Allah SWT reward you with Jannah Tul Firdows. Ameen!

Wassalam. :D:D:D

Hana Askar

Question
Respected scholars, as-salamu `alaykum.

What is the ruling of giving da`wah to members of the opposite sex? Did our Prophet or his Companions ever give da`wah to women?

Jazakum Allahu khayran.

Answer
Wa `alaykum as-salam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh.

In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

All praise and thanks are due to Allah, and peace and blessings be upon His Messenger.

Dear brother in Islam, thank you for your question, which is a sign of your good faith and keenness to observe da`wah (Arabic for: calling people to Islam). May Allah reward you and make a source of guidance.

The basic ruling is that da`wah includes all people including Muslims and non-Muslims and of course persons of the opposite sex. However, when observing da`wah with a person of the opposite sex, both parties should abide by the Islamic ethics and guidelines of relationship between both sexes.

In his response to your question, Dr. Salah Sultan, president of the American Center for Islamic Research, Columbus, Ohio, and member of the European Council for Fatwa and Research, states,
Obviously Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) practiced da`wah to all, humans, and Jinn. There is no doubt that the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) gave da`wah to women.

As for giving da`wah to members of the opposite sex, the natural and ideal way is to start da`wah with people from the same sex, and then you expand your circle. However, when the case involves men giving da`wah to women, they must follow the following guidelines:

1. No khalwah (Arabic for: seclusion) is allowed.

2. Talks and conversations have to be serious and definite.

3. Women should not speak so softly that they can attract the opposite sex.

4. Da`wah has to be done sincerely for Allah's sake, and not for any worldly cause such as looking for a wife/husband.

source (read other links related to this topic)

so if you want to give dawah to opposite sex,make sure you have enough experience,inorder to do so.If it is just your beginning of dawah,just start doing is with the same sex with yours to avoid any bad things.There are many possibilities can happen when you are doing dawah to the opposite sex and dawah is not an easy job as you may think.It needs a lot of commitment and patience to do so.So please take slow steps in learning how do dawah and do it just with ur same gender.

Baraka Allahu Feekii. This thread have helped me a lot in understanding more about Da'awa as i was very confused and worried. May Allah reward you and
grant you Al-Jannah :) Ameen.

saifkhan

abd-Allah
Salam alaikum

great thread...alahmdulillah...inshaa'Allah it will help...
shukran lakum sister...may Allah SWT reward you

aaa.... I have a ques: I met one of my frnds after a long time...opposite sex...then as it was a long time gap...we sat together...ofcourse not closely...in a table and face to face...and I gave her a talk about Islam.....and alhamdulillah she was convinced...she is muslim....but you know before 3-4years I wasnt with by beard and deep into Islam.....

anyways....I know she felt kinda embaracement ....seeing the sudden change...he he...
a.a.a.... I know thats not permissible...but the time I passed with her...just talked about Islaam.....nothing else....ans she's moddest also....alhamdulillah...not in hijaab...but was in her scarf...not pinned up.....anyways....

I dont know but I did whatever I felt okay.....and there were no idle talk and useless talk...and ALlah SWT know the best.....if I commit a sin may Allah forgive me

Jazakallahu Khair
wassalam

revert2007

Love Fishing
Salam alaikum

great thread...alahmdulillah...inshaa'Allah it will help...
shukran lakum sister...may Allah SWT reward you

aaa.... I have a ques: I met one of my frnds after a long time...opposite sex...then as it was a long time gap...we sat together...ofcourse not closely...in a table and face to face...and I gave her a talk about Islam.....and alhamdulillah she was convinced...she is muslim....but you know before 3-4years I wasnt with by beard and deep into Islam.....

anyways....I know she felt kinda embaracement ....seeing the sudden change...he he...
a.a.a.... I know thats not permissible...but the time I passed with her...just talked about Islaam.....nothing else....ans she's moddest also....alhamdulillah...not in hijaab...but was in her scarf...not pinned up.....anyways....

I dont know but I did whatever I felt okay.....and there were no idle talk and useless talk...and ALlah SWT know the best.....if I commit a sin may Allah forgive me

Jazakallahu Khair
wassalam

Assalamualikum brother.At the end of the day..Allah judge humans base on their intention :)

If we feel guilty about something,then there must be something wrong we did..Allah is The Most Merciful..ask forgiveness if you think what you did might not be so right :)

Allah knows the best.

Assalamualikum

saifkhan

abd-Allah
Assalamualikum brother.At the end of the day..Allah judge humans base on their intention :)

If we feel guilty about something,then there must be something wrong we did..Allah is The Most Merciful..ask forgiveness if you think what you did might not be so right :)

Allah knows the best.

Assalamualikum

Salam alaikum

Thank you for getting me....
I've asked forgiveness....like: Oh Allah, I dont know but If I had done something wrong please forgive me.....but I tried my best to convey the message as far I could.

I'm feeling guilty....coz she wasnt in proper hijaab.....and I musnt go fro the session...but I couldnt avoid her...coz I found it difficult and I had an intention to convey some message...hoping for that she will slowly slowly enter Islam...ofcoursely not through me..just to click in her mind about Islam....
and Allah knows the best

May Allah forgive me...

Jazakallahu Khair
wassalam