Going to the prom..

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
:salam2:

Gosh Xhanna Baji, you are like SO funny, LoL. :) I don't have the time now, but let me tell YOU about my "graduation prom" last yaer! (which I willingly, did not go to

take care.)

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
Salaam:D

lol, sister serventofAllah* and thariq2005, you guys are funny, but I gotta say this thariq2005, why are you calling you sister *cow* because to me it seems like you like *cows*(check out you avater)lol, kidding, anyways I know sister serventofAllah would take a good care of her:)
Allah hafiz now and always:)
lol, you guys are soooo funny, jazakaAllah khairan for making me laugh:)

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
assalamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,

to cut a Long story short>

I hated school, and I did not like going.

There were Muslims, but they were just Muslim by name.

Imagine not listening music, or caring about movies from the age of 11....I stopped celebrating my birthday from age of 9, (was my own choice) and then imagine 5 years of going to a place where everyone, including teachers are ignorant, selfish and arrogant.. (even though it is meant to be one of the best schools in the whole UK)..

Sometimes, I would get teased because I cared about Islaam. People would make fun of what was halal or haram, and they would curse Allaah and the Prophet :saw: to get at me.. they would make fun of Islaam. The Muslims would call me "preacher boy" for telling them to come with me to pray.

So, I skipped school a lot, and nearly each morning I was late... or I just did not go.

I could not and did not want to copy them or be like them, nor be like the Muslims who imitate the disbelievers..

So, you did the right thing, you did not miss out on anything.

Some people so foolish, they will copy whatever other people are doing, even if that means drinking so much that they wake up in a pile of their own vomit the next morning.

wasalamu alaykum
Assalamu Aleykum Warahmatullahe Wabarakaathuh. Keyfa Haaluka Ya Akhee? Inshallah, Anta Kyrin (sorry, but I'm just a beginner at Arabic, the old "school dialect," you know? :)).

Alhamdulillah brother, that you have chose to come back to Islam at the age of eleven. I actually started questioning Islam when I was 11 years old, and after researching about other religions and Islam, I made my Shahadah again, but THIS time, with REAL faith in my heart. Then, after that, I started on the wrong foot (and fell down on my deen comepletely the following year), and then after being around the Haraam influence, and being around the bad kids (and mixing with their bad stuff), I started to come to relise about the reality, about how all of the bad stuff that I had allowed myself to fall down with just makes me feel upset. I use to feel like KILLING myself in grief, because I always felt empty and sad, and lonely. And so I tried to get back on my deen, and no success. I tried harder, and making Tawbah, and CONSTANTLY shedding tears for forgiveness, guidance, and protected from my evil deeds and from my society, and Alhamdu Lahu, al Rabee al Alameen, Allah Subhannahu wa Ta Alla forgave me, and guided my heart, away from all the Haraam that I had fallen into, and to tell you sincerely from my heart, whenever i look at my present self, and looking back on who I was before, Wallahi, my eyes never fail to shed tears, because Wallahi, the GREATEST blessing to me, was Allah Subhanahu wa Ta Alla, and it still is.Wallahi, after Allah Subhanahu wa Ta Alla guided me, I became someone who I never would have dreamed about being, from my childhood/ Nor would my parents have ever thought that I would ever become.

But, all great things come from Allah Subhanahu wa Ta Alla, and if I could have one thing for eternity, it would be him..............and his Rasul.

So Bhai, you think you could help me out a bit? You know people saying bad stuff about Allah Subhanahu wa Ta Alla and Rasulallah (SAW), yeah well, I SERIOUSLY have made it upon myself that it is my DUTY, that whenever someone curses Rasulallah (SAW) (knowingly) or Allah Subhanahu wa Ta Alla, then I NEED to come up, and start fighting that kid until the security guards or police pull me of (and yeah, that means, even if my whole face starts bleeding, I'm still fighting); but there were times when there were girls that would say that, and unfortunately, I REALLY can't just come up to them and punch them across the face (and knock their teeth out), because it's not good to hit a female.

And I need other help too, because I'm going through the same things that you are going through, Ya Bhai. But, Inshallah, everythng will go good, Inshallah.

Make dua for me, brothers and sisters; and Jazakumullahu Kyr Wa Barakallahu feekum; wa Yusleehu Baalakum. Ameen.

IslamicGirl24

Wa alaykumus salam!

OH thank God, I never had any proms in my school..! No parties, no trips, nothing..just school work, tests...:D

You did the right thing , sister. Way to go!!:hearts:

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
Assalamualaykum,
So Bhai, you think you could help me out a bit? You know people saying bad stuff about Allah Subhanahu wa Ta Alla and Rasulallah (SAW), yeah well, I SERIOUSLY have made it upon myself that it is my DUTY, that whenever someone curses Rasulallah (SAW) (knowingly) or Allah Subhanahu wa Ta Alla, then I NEED to come up, and start fighting that kid until the security guards or police pull me of (and yeah, that means, even if my whole face starts bleeding, I'm still fighting); but there were times when there were girls that would say that, and unfortunately, I REALLY can't just come up to them and punch them across the face (and knock their teeth out), because it's not good to hit a female.

Good work Abdul Hasib. I know there are those who say its not good to punch people who curse Prophet Muhammad :saw: but for those who say its wrong what if these people cursed your parents? what would you do? If any person would punch someone if they cursed their parents and then walk by when they cursed Rasulullaah :saw: then that is very wrong, its best you set the limits of what can and cannot be said in front of you from the very beginning, may Allaah reward you Abdul Hasib.

And just for the ref, the best way to dissolve female high school girl into tears is to to tell her shes ''fat and ugly and spotty'' and just generally the most disgusting thing you've ever seen, that is probably the most effective alternative in this case, turns them from normal ---> suicidal in around the space of 30 seconds or so.

Idris16

As Salam Alaykum
I will have my prom two days before the summer holiday. It's obligatory to go there and I won't go there:D .
They think they can force me but I will show them my 'Islamic muscle'. I have not thought abt the prom even once... and i wont go there alhamdulilah.

wa alaykum salam

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
As Salam Alaykum
I will have my prom two days before the summer holiday. It's obligatory to go there and I won't go there:D .
They think they can force me but I will show them my 'Islamic muscle'. I have not thought abt the prom even once... and i wont go there alhamdulilah.

wa alaykum salam

obligatory??? really for us it was by the student council and u only go if u want to.
the only pressure is from friends, who look at u all weird when u say NO im not going.

Ok even from a non muslim point of view, i still dont get it WHY would i pay to publically humiliate myself with my dancing skills, and end my school career with a ever lasting public humiliaty , lol no literally cuz all i wud do on the floor is the chicken dance lol i dont think thats publically accepted after grade 5

the only thing i went to were the Athletic Banquet cuz they were compulsary if u wanted an award, and even then, this one time was getting an award and my coach was giving. My coach had his 2 year or somethiing like that small daughter in his arms, so when i was walking all under the spotlight i had to say/do something with the child cuz everyone did somethng i didn't want to be the guy that stand out, i was so nervous, i wanted to lightly pull her cheek after thanking my coach :p i ended up half smacking her , like Geez, the crowd probably went like aaawwwwooouuuccchhh

:) lol prom night as well Wow no way lol gotto leave the school with some dignity. RIGHT?

:wasalam:

Muslim18

Blessed Muslimah

Mashallah i like this thread we can all compare notes that all proms are just filled with haraam and no benefit so i would consider it to be a waste of time and dont feel like your left out, these sort of gatherings are cursed and disliked by Allah whereas gatherings of khair the Angels are with us soo please stay firm on you decisions and stay strong and dont worry if you feel like a stranger because thats what we are so lets embrace it :hijabi:

Brother Mabsoot is right some muslims at school are just muslim by name and they even tease you so you cant win with the kafirs never mind the muslims. I too used to get nicknames like shakhya and they would only come to me in Ramadan and say please tell us a islamic story and i am like why didnt you ask the rest of the year???? lol but Alhamdulilah you cant give into their weak ways and if you want to beat them certainly DONT join them.....:blackhijab:

Sorry if i wrote too much.
:wasalam:

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!
assalamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,

to cut a Long story short>

I hated school, and I did not like going.

There were Muslims, but they were just Muslim by name.

Imagine not listening music, or caring about movies from the age of 11....I stopped celebrating my birthday from age of 9, (was my own choice) and then imagine 5 years of going to a place where everyone, including teachers are ignorant, selfish and arrogant.. (even though it is meant to be one of the best schools in the whole UK)..

Sometimes, I would get teased because I cared about Islaam. People would make fun of what was halal or haram, and they would curse Allaah and the Prophet :saw: to get at me.. they would make fun of Islaam. The Muslims would call me "preacher boy" for telling them to come with me to pray.

So, I skipped school a lot, and nearly each morning I was late... or I just did not go.

I could not and did not want to copy them or be like them, nor be like the Muslims who imitate the disbelievers..

So, you did the right thing, you did not miss out on anything.

Some people so foolish, they will copy whatever other people are doing, even if that means drinking so much that they wake up in a pile of their own vomit the next morning.

wasalamu alaykum

:salam2: Sounds so much like my life apart from the fact that my school was not the best in the UK and I started practising when I was about 14. LOL I was nicknamed by the very muslims as "Religious man Wannabe" would have been happy it was preacherboy, cos its short and sweet :p Majority of our school is muslims, had about 900-1000 muslims (east london u seE ;)) yet you only have about 5 people playing their daily dhuhr, and 2 of them teachers :( Thats how school life was and we used to have a big hall for Jumuah and we only used to have like 60-70 people coming :| And now in college u just have a tiny bit more, which is like 15-18 brothers for dhuhr and about 120-130 for Jummuah, when there are more than 700 muslims in our college. Its very hard getting across muslims itself these days, when it comes to d'awah...

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!
Salaam:D

lol, sister serventofAllah* and thariq2005, you guys are funny, but I gotta say this thariq2005, why are you calling you sister *cow* because to me it seems like you like *cows*(check out you avater)lol, kidding, anyways I know sister serventofAllah would take a good care of her:)
lol, you guys are soooo funny, jazakaAllah khairan for making me laugh:)

Erm am I not obliged to love my sister according to islam lol :p? But anyways I feel sorry for sister servantofAllah with a star, because I do not want another family going bankrupt. Leicester itself might go bankrupt, you never know. All chicken and chips shop might go extinct ;)

ChebbaTan

assalam waleikum,

I'll graduate this year and classes will finish this month at my college so, the students association have organised a prom for next week and they invited all of the finalist students to go. I decided not to go, as I've done in my secondary school before and I didn't regret because I know very well what is going to happen there: boys and girls (or I was told even girls and girls...euhh) are going to flirt and touch and some will even do worse without any compromise, the most part will just drink until they puke and they will look like deplorable fools who think that means having fun...
To avoid this poor spectacle and to avoid feel disgusted by these sinful and stupid behaviours, my best friends and I decided to organise a private dinner for us at the same day to celebrate our degrees at a nice restaurant. This way we know we will have a great opportunity to remember all the years as classmates at college, fun situations and we will enjoy the food and most important, the friendship of people who respect values.
Alhamdullilah I never felt I was losing something because I know that this is the best for me and I avoid occasions to be close to those who don't care about God.
Altough I'm not a muslim, I'm learning a lot about Islam and I find in it values and principles that are matching my own personal values and I hope to continue to learn about it in order to be in the right path.
Dear Channa I wish you the best because I've already felt what you described, but most important, God will support your decision and you can count on us here on TTI to make you feel proud and glad about it, even if sometimes it feels difficult to be different in a decadent society.

salam

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
Assalamualaykum,

:salam2: Sounds so much like my life apart from the fact that my school was not the best in the UK and I started practising when I was about 14. LOL I was nicknamed by the very muslims as "Religious man Wannabe" would have been happy it was preacherboy, cos its short and sweet :p Majority of our school is muslims, had about 900-1000 muslims (east london u seE ;)) yet you only have about 5 people playing their daily dhuhr, and 2 of them teachers :( Thats how school life was and we used to have a big hall for Jumuah and we only used to have like 60-70 people coming :| And now in college u just have a tiny bit more, which is like 15-18 brothers for dhuhr and about 120-130 for Jummuah, when there are more than 700 muslims in our college. Its very hard getting across muslims itself these days, when it comes to d'awah...
Muslims in their hundreds? Seriously those figures are mind boggling ..in a college or school there can be muslims in their hundreds? ..sounds cool, in university I can understand those numbers but in a school, there were only 400 students in my school in total, a muslim was a rare specie!

Ive never been to East London except in order to go somewhere else i.e. Heathrow, you're lucky to live in a place where theres lots of muslims, but I feel alot of people who live in areas like East London, dont appreciate it at all :p.

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!
Assalamualaykum,

Muslims in their hundreds? Seriously those figures are mind boggling ..in a college or school there can be muslims in their hundreds? ..sounds cool, in university I can understand those numbers but in a school, there were only 400 students in my school in total, a muslim was a rare specie!

Ive never been to East London except in order to go somewhere else i.e. Heathrow, you're lucky to live in a place where theres lots of muslims, but I feel alot of people who live in areas like East London, dont appreciate it at all :p.

Its nice to have muslims around you alhamdulillah, but you always feel upset looking at how ignorant some of them act. Worst of all is when they the muslims start to go on the sides of the disbelievers and go against the muslims itself. Its really sad and it is what worries me. And you can many speakers who are very popular by name and are upon the Sunnah are all labeled as extremists because muslims themselves complain about them. And there are many recent issues regarding that matter.

I still remember some muslim brother back in school, when I asked him to stop smoking and come Jummuah, he said "I am going hell anyways, so let me smoke", and I am like thinking astaghfirullah, I told him "If you were to see Hell fire, you would have hated to say that". Subhanallah school is next level, you have these people who are extremely childish, and in college they are less childish, and more mature, in the western way though. Free mixing becomes more widespread than school. Muslims just develop in "haram fashion" by the time they finish college. Seeing very descent girls being very nice back in school, and free mixing to the max in college. The same goes for the boys. Subhanallah amazing how the youth are living their lives.

Universities usually have so many muslims in general, well atleast in London. Even Imperial like has a Islamic society and many muslims go to that Uni I heard. But Inshallah let us witness by the will of Allah T'ala what Allah has ordained for us i nthe future.

Kakorot

salaaam

good thread :) we have a prom as well and i aint going....i would never go to such events anyway...in fact i try to avoid even talkin to the opp sex at school cos there's just so much fitnah in schools nowadays..

so what i decided is that me and my mates will get together and go 'go-karting' instead..i think thats a perfect solution for a bunch of teenage guys... :D

plus i personally dont even like going into town cos of all the music...i couldnt possibly hack a prom..lol

personally i feel these kind of events are just ways of advertising fitnah..astagfirullah and we should as muslims and followers of the prophet s.a.w stay away from such events.

i hope you enjoyed reading my opinions :) :)

wassalam

:wasalam: Alhamdulillaah I am not the only one. Go-karting mashaAllaah sounds like fun but something which I cannot do lol. Your fortunate you have good friends, I too do have good friends but hardly see them. Have fun InshaAllaah :) Fi amaan Allaah.

Kakorot

As salamu alaikkum, Wow Im glad to know I am not left out as well lol :) 2 Years back just before my gcse I remember this very prom and I remember people forcing me to come, and it would be fun, limosines and on n on, yet something stopped me, and I do not know what. I was less practising then, but yet kept up with my obligations in Islam. But something told me that this is shaytaan disguised in the form of friends at that time. Though my friends sounded very nice and convincing, something told me that shaytaan is in them. Many people who used to pray and that went and when they used to talk about it, I did used to feel left out, but when I came to find out about all the haram things that went on, I thought to myself, Alhamdulillah out of 1000's of students from the school, Allah T'ala, Glory be to Him, chose to guide me. And I always thought about that prom, of how Allah subhana wa t'ala chose to guide only me, when the entire year 11 was there and some year 10's (Don't know what they were doing there). I am glad to know that you understand this is haram, and really things like these are what shaytaan is waiting for. He is waiting for us to fall into traps like this, because he knows he cannot make us fall into kufr, so he tries to drag us down into Major sins, surely it is Allah azza wa jal who guides. And yes this year they are doing that as well. People going on about how this is the final year and missing everyone, and free mixing has become more widespread due to this fact in my college. Even last week we gave a friday khutbah warning people against music and this prom. We done newsletters and gave it out as well. Our job from our side was done as part of the college, we gave the message and now it is for Allah to guide the people. Subhanallah this is like one of them ALL-IN-ONE games kind of thing, where all the haram is all in one night. Free mixing, music, dance, women putting their haya out on sale, alcohol etc. Subhanallah.

Once again think back at how Allah subhana wa t'ala chose to guide you mashallah, and I feel very happy for you. I guess we both owe a lot of good deeds to Allah subhana wa t'ala just for saving us from this major fitnah. For if we were to see the punsihments of this major fitnah, then we would have hated what we see.

LOL I mostly never even try going around high streets most of the times, due to the fitnah there, let alone the prom. Probably you could get some mates and go for a talk in some masjid or something hehe :) (Not late at night or anything though). I am not very fussy about leaving college, apart from the brothers I have been with. But I will be keeping close in touch with them like everyday anyways, so not a problem, because all my mates are local, alhamdulillah. But the only thing I might miss from college is, the prayer room, the bun and humous we ate on friday afternoon, and the bengali chicken shop we used to go after college :p I probably might miss the chicken shop more than the college itself hehe

Anyways let us thank Allah subhana wa t'ala for guiding us till this point and keeping us away from some major sins. May Allah subhana wa t'ala help keep our brothers and sisters away from this filthy thing called "Prom" and May Allah subhana wa t'ala forigve us from our sins that we commit knowlingly and unknowingly, ameen. Fee Amaan Allah

:wasalam: JazakaAllaah for ur response. Shaytaan has his devious ways and wants to always trick mankind into doing wrong. yh ur right alhamdulillaah that Allaah guided us. I wish I had righteous friends, some of my friends are not like those who would like to go mosque and stuff :( Oh well maybe in uni InshaAllaah I will make good righteous companions :)
mm next to my college we have gregg's, halal subway, turkish kebab shop, iceland, chicken shops mashaAllaah, I think i will miss this but i still have to complete another year of my course because like i mentioned in the pass i flopped AS level so i had to go to another college :)

Kakorot

never been to a prom in my life... lol :D
Alhumdulillah
I been going to islamic Secondary school lol.. no such thing as proms lol

sorry sis, cnt help u out on that one :redface:

Take care
wassalaam

:wasalam: MashaAllaah sis, your very fortunate you go to an Islamic school :) May Allaah bless u.

Kakorot

:salam2: is your islamic secondary school around east london?? Cos we looking for a descent one around here for my little sister inshallah.

:wasalam: we are actually trying to look for a Islamic boys school in east london? it's for my brother, he's 13 and I know it's a bit late and stuff, but my parents now want him to go.

Kakorot

Assalaamu Alaikum:)
well, we just had our prom a week ago I think and I did not go:) I have some NON-Muslim friends and they wanted me to go, but I said no because I dont want go and it's against my religion so they respected that. I did not feel left out because in my school most of the kids that went were NON-Muslims and almost all(some went) of my Muslim brothers and sisters did not:) AlhamduliAllah, but yea even the teachers tell kids to make the *right decisions* lol, but I guess some of them just dont! may Allah guide each one of us and protect us all from all kinds of evil.ameen
GOOOD topic! dont feel left out sister, you have us here:)

:wasalam: MashaAllaah sis, ur a very good example :) MashaAllaah. Not all non-muslims are bad, some are actually open minded alhamdulillaah. Reading the everyone's responses doesn't make me feel left out now alhamdulillaah :D
Ameen to the du'aa sis :):) Fi amaan Allaah.

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!
:wasalam: we are actually trying to look for a Islamic boys school in east london? it's for my brother, he's 13 and I know it's a bit late and stuff, but my parents now want him to go.

I do not know of any descent ones for boys here in East london... But I think it will be good if your brother is like sent to yemen or madinah, and its very cheap there as well. I know its hard for asian parents to do, but u never know it might happen :p And best way is for you to teach him as well inshallah. What really matters is the company he has, he needs a bunch of friends that are righteous and pious and that way he will come up like that as well. I do not mind getting along with your brother, if you want. Take him around for talks and stuff. Go around for classes, I can pick him up from his local place as well if you want inshallah :)