Hadith Hadith

Abu Juwairiya

Narrated Abü Huraira Allah's Messenger (SAW) said:

"A believer who accompanies the funeral procession of a Muslim out of sincere faith
and hoping to attain Allah's Reward and remains with it till the funeral prayer is offered and the burial ceremonies are over, he will return with a reward of two Qirât.

Each Qirat is like the size of the (mount) Uhud.

He who offers the funeral prayer only and returns before the burial, will return with the reward of one Qirât only."

(Bukhari)

Personal Comment: I wish to stress the word, 'believer' (Mu'min) is not to be taken lightly. The Ahadith above mentions the word 'believer' and not 'Muslim'. The difference is Allah is speaking directly to a certain type of Muslim, not to all Muslims in general.

He [Allah] is speaking to that Muslim who is looking for these kinds of words of advice on how to be a hundred times better than the average Muslim and to be the best there is.

In short, those Muslims who want the highest Jannah and are prepared to work for it in the same way most people work towards achieving their goals here.

Two types of Muslims among the best are mentioned here; the first who will offer the funeral prayer and remain there until after burial.

He will get one Qirat in reward [whereas most Muslims will attend the Janaza prayer but not with regularity and are hence excluded even from being this kind of person.

The second is the Muslim who goes that just one step further and with regularity both attends the Janaza and stays until the end. In both cases, the two type of Muslim actively looks for Janaza prayers to attend in the same way many people look for Worldly success and does so just to be closer to Allah alone.

Last edited:

Abu Juwairiya

Narrated Abu Mas'üd, The Prophet (SAW) said,

"If a man spends on his family with the intention of having a reward from Allah, sincerely for Allah's sake, then it is a (kind of) alms-giving (in reward) for him."

(Bukhari)

Abu Juwairiya

"Narrated Anas, 'Whenever the Prophet (SAW), spoke a sentence (or said a thing),
he used to repeat it thrice so that the people could understand it properly from him."

(Bukhari)

Abu Juwairiya

"Narrated Abu Huraira, the Prophet SAW) said,

'The luckiest person who will have my intercession on the Day of Resurrection will be the one who said sincerely from (the bottom of) his heart La ilahá ill-Allah

(none has the right to be worshipped but Allah)."

(Bukhari)

Personal Comment: There are two messages in the above Ahadith.

The first is about 'Intercession' while the second relates to the Shahada.

Intercession is of two kinds. The first are for those who will not be in difficulty on the Day of Resurrection and hence will be authorised to enter Jannah immediately without account. Their intercession is to receive and attain greater reward and a higher Jannah than they already have once they are already there.

The second intercession, which will be for a much larger proportion of Muslims, is the kind that will allow the Prophet (SAW) to represent and acquit Muslims from Jahannum once they have served some or all of their sentences there. Intercession for them is to eventually be allowed to become permanent residents of Jannah.

The second theme; Shahada seems easier to comprehend, but is the more serious of the two. The reason being, it has up to thirteen stringent conditions and is further subdivided into two parts. The initial segment relates to Allah Himself while the second is about the Prophet (SAW).

It is for us to learn them, so that we may first know it, then accept it and last adhere to it.

Failure to do all three will nullify the 'sincerity' required that can allow us to be the 'luckiest person' as mentioned in the Ahadith. You cannot be 'sincere' if you do not know what you are sincere about.

Abu Juwairiya

Narrated 'Abdullâh bin 'Amr bin Al Aas

I heard Allah's Messenger (SAW) saying,

"Allah does not take away the knowledge, by taking it away from the hearts of) the people,
but takes it away by the death of the religious learned men [Scholars] till when none of the (religious learned men) remains,

people will take as their leaders ignorant persons who when consulted will give their verdict without knowledge. So they will go astray and will lead the people astray."

(Bukhari)

Personal Comment: There are two points to the above.

The first is that it includes mockery and slander of the religious and learned people while they are alive, scorning and ridiculing their verdicts, questioning their validity as scholars, rejecting their definitions, decrees, solutions and judgments.

It also includes forming your own opinions as higher and better than theirs when ones own knowledge is limited and less than the scholars themselves. This will continue until there are few or no scholars left at all, even if we want to learn from them later after it is too late.

The second is that despite everything, Muslims will still look to seeking knowledge from a source- any source.

Once the true sincere men and women of learning are either no more due to death, banishment, exile, imprisonment or even outright condemnation and rejection (and in contemporary times largely by the State/s), Muslims the world over, will find only one kind of person available to impart it-the one with a lack of full knowledge (and not willing to learn it either) but who is nonetheless interested in disseminating their opinions as valid and factual.

This is what will lead both the conveyor of the information and verdicts and the people who listen to them astray.

Abu Juwairiya

'Whoever fasts one day seeking the pleasure of Allah, if that is the last day of his life, he will enter Jannah.' (Ahmad, Sahih At-Targhee, 1/412)

Abu Juwairiya

Ubadah Bin As-Saamit reported: "We swore allegiance to the Messenger of Allah (SAW), to hear and obey, in time of difficulty and in prosperity, in hardship and in ease, to endure being discriminated against, and not to dispute about the rule with those in power, except in case of proven evidences of clear-cut Kufr, regarding which there is proof from Allah (i.e. the Divine Sharia).

We swore allegiance to the Messenger of Allah (SAW), to say what was right wherever we were, and not to fear from anyone’s reproach." [Sahih Bukhari & Muslim]

Abu Juwairiya

Abu Huraria reported, that the Prophet (SAW) said: "Whoever lives in the dessert, becomes rough. Whoso follows the games [professional entertainment], become careless. And whoso comes to the doors of the rulers, falls into Fitnah, and a slave does not come nearer to the ruler, except that he becomes farther from Allah." Musnad Ahmed

Abu Juwairiya

Abdullah reported Allah’s Messenger (SAW) as saying:

It is obligatory for you to tell the truth, for truth leads to virtue and virtue leads to Paradise, and the man who continues to speak the truth and endeavours to tell the truth is eventually recorded as truthful with Allah, and beware of telling of a lie for telling of a lie leads to obscenity and obscenity leads to Hell-Fire, and the person who keeps telling lies and endeavours to tell a lie is recorded as a liar with Allah.

Sahih Muslim, Book 45, Hadith 136

Abu Juwairiya

Abdullah reported the Messenger of Allah (SAW) as saying:

Avoid falsehood, for falsehood leads to wickedness, and wickedness to hell; and if a man continues to speak falsehood and makes falsehood his object, he will be recorded in Allah’s presence as a great liar. And adhere to truth, for truth leads to good deeds, and good deeds lead to paradise. If a man continues to speak the truth and makes truth his object, he will be recorded in Allah’s presence as eminently truthful.

Sunan Abu Dawud, Book 43, Hadith 217

Abu Juwairiya

Shakal bin Humaid said: “I came to the Prophet (SAW) and said:

‘O Messenger of Allah (SAW), teach me a way of seeking refuge so that I may seek refuge by it.” He said: “So he took my hand and said: ‘Say: O Allah, indeed I seek refuge in You from the evil of my hearing and the evil of my sight, and the evil of my tongue and the evil of my heart, and the evil of my semen (Allāhumma innī a`ūdhu bika min sharri sam`ī wa min sharri baṣarī, wa min sharri lisānī, wa min sharri qalbī, wa min sharri maniyyī).'”

Jami` At-Tirmidhi, Vol. 6, Book 48, Hadith 123

Abu Juwairiya

It was narrated from Hakim bin Muawiyah, from his father, that:

A man asked the Prophet (SAW): “What are the right of the woman over her husband?” He said: “That he should feed her as he feeds himself and clothe her as he clothes himself; he should not strike her on the face nor disfigure her, and he should not abandon her except in the house (as a form of discipline).”

Sunan Ibn Majah, Vol. 3, Book 9, Hadith 1923

Abu Juwairiya

Abu-Huraira reported Allah’s Apostle (SAW) as saying:

He who took a bath and then came for Jumu’a prayer and then prayed what was fixed for him, then kept silence till the Imam finished the sermon, and then prayed along with him, his sins between that time and the next Friday would be forgiven, and even of three days more.

Sahih Muslim, Book 7, Hadith 37

Abu Juwairiya

Narrated Ibn `Abbas:

Whenever the Prophet (SAW) offered his Tahajjud prayer, he would say, “O Allah, our Lord! All the praises are for You; You are the Keeper (Establisher or the One Who looks after) of the Heavens and the Earth. All the Praises are for You; You are the Light of the Heavens and the Earth and whatever is therein. You are the Truth, and Your saying is the Truth, and Your promise is the Truth, and the meeting with You is the Truth, and Paradise is the Truth, and the (Hell) Fire is the Truth. O Allah! I surrender myself to You, and believe in You, and I put my trust in You (solely depend upon). And to You I complain of my opponents and with Your Evidence I argue. So please forgive the sins which I have done in the past or I will do in the future, and also those (sins) which I did in secret or in public, and that which You know better than I. None has the right to be worshipped but You.”

Sahih Al-Bukhari, Vol. 9, Book 97, Hadith 68

Abu Juwairiya

Narrated ‘A'idh bin'Amr Al-Muzani

The Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم said, “Islam is always superior and can never be surpassed.“