Help: Is this Dua shirk?

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
:salam2:,

can i pray like this?

Ya Allah, I ask You through the Waseela of Your Messenger Muhammad [May Allah bless him and grant him peace], give me so and so....

i am in dire need of Allah's help and fear that my sins and shortcomings are becoming an obstacle.

maybe through waseela of His beloved :saw:, my dua's will be answered.

daywalker

:salam2: Its obviously not shirk, Imam Ahmad(rh),Imam shawkani(rh) and other scholars said it is permissible. an-Nasaa'i, Tirmidhi 3205, Ibn Majah 1375, and others mentioned with the wording is:
"Oh Allah, I seek your help and perform tawassul (I invoke) You with Your prophet, the prophet of mercy. Oh Muhammad Oh messenger of Allah, I perform tawassul with you to my Lord so that He fulfills my need. Oh Allah allow him (the prophet) to intercede on my behalf and allow me to intercede on his behalf"

salam alaykum

i dont get it...why isnt it shirk?.....i mean hes(saw) not in this world anymore so isnt that shirk?....what if we do the same thing with like sheikh al-ibani(rhm)??

phy_sabet

who strive hard
peace upon u all

ALLAH said

وَلِلَّهِ الأَسْمَاءُ الْحُسْنَى فَادْعُوهُ بِهَا وَذَرُوا الَّذِينَ يُلْحِدُونَ فِي أَسْمَائِهِ سَيُجْزَوْنَ مَا كَانُوا يَعْمَلُونَ
180 Sûrat Al-A‘râf
[The Heights (or The Walls with Elevations) ] VII

and the translation is "And (all) the Most Beautiful Names belong to Allah , so

call on Him by them, and leave the company of those who belie or deny (or

utter impious speech against) His Names. They will be requited for what they

used to do. "

and also Ask ALLAH with his superior name that no one know it but great

ALLAH

now what is (Al wseela) it`s superior place in The paradise and after

hearing the call of the prayer(azan) we say" oh God give the the prophet

:saw: (Al wseela ) "

:salam2:

saima abdullah

my life iz 4 Allah
(The Day that Ar-Ruh and the angels will stand forth in rows, they will not speak) (78:38) The word Ruh here is referring to the angel Jibril. This has been said by Ash-Sha`bi, Sa`id bin Jubayr and Ad-Dahhak.

﴿إِلاَّ مَنْ أَذِنَ لَهُ الرَّحْمَـنُ﴾

(except him whom Ar-Rahman allows,) This is similar to Allah's statement,

﴿يَوْمَ يَأْتِ لاَ تَكَلَّمُ نَفْسٌ إِلاَّ بِإِذْنِهِ﴾

(On the Day when it comes, no person shall speak except by His leave.) (11:105) This is similar to what has been confirmed in the Sahih, that the Prophet said,

«وَلَا يَتَكَلَّمُ يَوْمَئِذٍ إِلَّا الرُّسُل»

(And none will speak on that Day except the Messengers.)'' Allah said,

﴿وَقَالَ صَوَاباً﴾

(and he will speak what is right.) meaning, the truth. And from the truth is the fact that there is no god worthy of worship except Allah. This is as Abu Salih and `Ikrimah both said. In reference to Allah's statement, tafseer ibn kathir
so this waseela is only for day of judgment you can make waseela of your good deeds as
following narration of bukhari states
Volumn 008, Book 073, Hadith Number 005.
-----------------------------------------
Narated By Ibn 'Umar : Allah's Apostle said, "While three persons were travelling, they were overtaken by rain and they took shelter in a cave in a mountain. A big rock fell from the mountain over the mouth of the cave and blocked it. They said to each other. 'Think of such good (righteous) deeds which, you did for Allah's sake only, and invoke Allah by giving reference to those deeds so that Allah may relieve you from your difficulty. one of them said, 'O Allah! I had my parents who were very old and I had small children for whose sake I used to work as a shepherd. When I returned to them at night and milked (the sheep), I used to start giving the milk to my parents first before giving to my children. And one day I went far away in search of a grazing place (for my sheep), and didn't return home till late at night and found that my parents had slept. I milked (my livestock) as usual and brought the milk vessel and stood at their heads, and I disliked to wake them up from their sleep, and I also disliked to give the milk to my children before my parents though my children were crying (from hunger) at my feet.

So this state of mine and theirs continued till the day dawned. (O Allah!) If you considered that I had done that only for seeking Your pleasure, then please let there be an opening through which we can see the sky.' So Allah made for them an opening through which they could see the sky. Then the second person said, 'O Allah! I had a she-cousin whom I loved as much as a passionate man love a woman. I tried to seduce her but she refused till I paid her one-hundred Dinars So I worked hard till I collected one hundred Dinars and went to her with that But when I approched her, she said, 'O Allah's slave! Be afraid of Allah ! Do not deflower me except legally (by marriage contract). So I left her O Allah! If you considered that I had done that only for seeking Your pleasure then please let the rock move a little to have a (wider) opening.'

So Allah shifted that rock to make the opening wider for them. And the last (third) person said 'O Allah ! I employed a labourer for wages equal to a Faraq (a certain measure: of rice, and when he had finished his job he demanded his wages, but when I presented his due to him, he gave it up and refused to take it. Then I kept on sowing that rice for him (several times) till managed to buy with the price of the yield, some cows and their shepherd Later on the labourer came to me an said. '(O Allah's slave!) Be afraid o Allah, and do not be unjust to me an give me my due.' I said (to him). 'Go and take those cows and their shepherd. So he took them and went away. (So, O Allah!) If You considered that I had done that for seeking Your pleasure, then please remove the remaining part of the rock.' And so Allah released them (from their difficulty)."

revert2007

Love Fishing
well recently i watched huda tv and an indian guy working in saudi asked the same question and the answer is it is SHIRIK

islam is the only religion where you do not need middle person to interact with Allah
u can directly ask Allah what u want.
but u may do salawat to the prophet but do not use him as the middle person.
just directly talk to Allah without using anyone as the middle person.plz be aware of this.our prophet pbuh is just a human and he cannot hear ur dua.so do not make this shirik things.those have done this plz repent and get back to Allah.

BinKhadija

An Akhu
Asslam'u Alykum,

I believe it's not Shirt as well. As brother ayman1 has mentioned as long as we don't go as far as, naudhbillah, asking Prophet Muhammad :saw: for help. We just use his (saw) waseela because God loves him the most - since he was a perfect human beings and worshiped God a lot in his lifetime. He had the status. Isn't it so akhi ayman1?

revert2007

Love Fishing
Asslam'u Alykum,

I believe it's not Shirt as well. As brother ayman1 has mentioned as long as we don't go as far as, naudhbillah, asking Prophet Muhammad :saw: for help. We just use his (saw) waseela because God loves him the most - since he was a perfect human beings and worshiped God a lot in his lifetime. He had the status. Isn't it so akhi ayman1?
ur are not suppose to use any intermediate person and the prophet has never asked us to use him as the middle person.u can follow his sunnah and do salawat but not using as the middle person...the rest is up to u..i know in india they use this kind of dua coz thats hwta i heard on huda tv and sheikh Mohamad Salah said it is haram and not permissible....

adam_arb

Allahu Alim, but Shirk is serious business, and if I am not sure, I would stay well away.
So I would advise you brother to not do it, just in case.

Furthermore, Allah is jealous, when you invoke worship in others beside him.

I-Mughira b. Shu'ba (Allah be pleased with him) reported that Sa'd b. 'Ubada (Allah be pleased with him) said: If I were to see a man with my wife, I would have struck him with the sword, and not with the flat part (side) of it. When Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) heard of that, he said: Are you surprised at Sa'd's jealousy of his honour? By Allah, I am more jealous of my honour than he, and Allah is more jealous than I. Because of His jealousy Allah has prohibited abomination, both open and secret And no person is more jealous of his honour than Allah, and no persons, is more fond of accepting an excuse than Allah, on account of which He has sent messengers, announcers of glad tidings and warners; and no one is more fond of praise than Allah on account of which Allah has promised Paradise

Wsalam

BinKhadija

An Akhu
ur are not suppose to use any intermediate person and the prophet has never asked us to use him as the middle person.u can follow his sunnah and do salawat but not using as the middle person...the rest is up to u..i know in india they use this kind of dua coz thats hwta i heard on huda tv and sheikh Mohamad Salah said it is haram and not permissible....
Asslam'u Alykum,

Are you sure? :) Well, to be honest, I'm not.
Hmm Prophet saw used to make Duas for his Ummah when he was alive. Right now we're in bess - see and look around our condition. In respone to that, Allah Azwajal has blessed us with many blessings including not being destroyed by Allah's high level Anger like previous nations.

It's one of those options things, I believe.
And certainly, Allah'u aalim.

revert2007

Love Fishing
Asslam'u Alykum,

Are you sure? :) Well, to be honest, I'm not.
Hmm Prophet saw used to make Duas for his Ummah when he was alive. Right now we're in bess - see and look around our condition. In respone to that, Allah Azwajal has blessed us with many blessings including not being destroyed by Allah's high level Anger like previous nations.

It's one of those options things, I believe.
And certainly, Allah'u aalim.

well he make dua but did he use any intermediate person to ask Allah's help?so u make dua as how the prophet did.dua only through Allah...can the prophet hear u now?can he help u now to answer ur prayers?he will help u in judgement day inshaAllah but not now in dunya..

nizar83

aselemu aleikum brothers and sisters.

i havent been here for almost a year, i just hopped by to see what my bro's and sisters are on..

on topic, why use a du3a wich is doubtfull when there are soooo many correct clear du3aa's for us to use and mention..keepin it simple and clear is always better.

also al waseela is a station in paradise.

aselemu aleikum

BinKhadija

An Akhu
well he make dua but did he use any intermediate person to ask Allah's help?so u make dua as how the prophet did.dua only through Allah...can the prophet hear u now?can he help u now to answer ur prayers?he will help u in judgement day inshaAllah but not now in dunya..
Would you kindly define this so much used term 'intermediate person'? I know it means some middle man, but please elaborate on it what you exactly mean by it in this very case. Jazak Allah. How in other religions they use some intermediate person? Please enlighten me.

I know he cannot hear me as you and I do. But we're supposed to consider his :saw: this hadith*: "Invoke many blessings on me on Friday for it is witnessed. The angels are present on it, and no one will invoke a blessing on me without his blessing being submitted to me till he stops."
Again, I make Dua to Allah Az'wajal who's As'samee, not to Prophet :saw:.

* I am not certain about this hadith's authenticity.

IbnAdam77

Travelling towards my grave.
assalam 'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

Allahumma Salli 'Ala Muhammad, Wa 'Ala Aali MUhammad. Kamaa Sallaita 'Ala Ibraaheem, Wa 'Ala Aali Ibraaheema Fil 'Aalameen, Innaka Hameedun Majeed. Wa Baarik 'Ala Muhammadin Wa Azwaajihee Wa Zurriyyatihee Kama Sallaita 'Ala Ibraaheem, Wa 'Ala Aali Ibraaheema Fil 'Aalameen. Innaka Hameedun Majeed.

In the early times, there were very Pious 5 men. They did a great Jihad to keep Muslims on the straight path, advising them from the true teachings of prophets. Later when these pious people died, Shaitan took his first step forward.

One generation has passed and he came and gave waswaas to do something to remember them. To draw their pictures so that later generations will remember them and will respect as the older generations respected.

Second generation passed away and he came again. Then said that just by drawing and keeping them in rooms will not help all the people. So asked them to make a statue for each one and keep at the gate of the town. So the respect will be more.

Later came the other generation to whom Shatan whispered to turn and salute of respect (not like the way army generals do though :)) them as they are the ones who did that great Jihad to keep people on the straight path.

Then there came the generation who worshiped other things than Allah since the mankind was sent to earth. Sahatan whispered them to ask Allah through these idols of the pious people who lived in the time of their ancestors, and that is the best way to get their Du'as answered soon. They did it, and went to the statues when they had a calamity, and asked Allah through these "gods".

Allah says in the Quran about these 5 people whom they made idols and worshiped, "And they have said (to each other), 'Abandon not your gods: Abandon neither Wadd nor Suwa', neither Yaguth nor Ya'uq, nor Nasr."(Surah Nooh, Verse 23).

Shatan is well experienced and he know how to lead people to astray. He will never come and say, "Hey so-and-so! This is the girl wishing to do Zina with you, so just do it!" But he will rather try to move forward both of them step by step. That is why Allah (subuhaanahu wata'aala) said in Quran, "O ye who believe! Enter into Islam whole-heartedly; and follow not the footsteps of the evil one; for he is to you an avowed enemy." (Surah al-Baqarah, Verse 208).

Let us all ponder about the answer the Mushriks of Mecca given to Rasoolullah (sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam) when he called them to worship none but Allah. They said, "We are not worshiping them actually. But we are using these idols as a mediator to the almighty Allah, as we are sinners and cannot ask directly."

wassalam 'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

Rashadi

it is not shirk because the person is aware that only Allah is the all knowing and all hearing. the key words are "ya Allah" and it becomes clear that the the person is asking and praying to Allah.

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
well recently i watched huda tv and an indian guy working in saudi asked the same question and the answer is it is SHIRIK

i think u r talking about Ask Huda of Sh. Dr. Muhammed Salah. yes, many scholars prohibit it but large majority says its permissible like famous hanafi scholar

actually i m quite fearful regarding this due to difference of opinion, thats y i want to get u ppl's opinion to get some confidence.

saima abdullah

my life iz 4 Allah
i think u r talking about Ask Huda of Sh. Dr. Muhammed Salah. yes, many scholars prohibit it but large majority says its permissible like famous hanafi scholar
actually i m quite fearful regarding this due to difference of opinion, thats y i want to get u ppl's opinion to get some confidence.
leave the confusion and get the clear path, ask Allah he is near to us more then our hablul wareed , ask him directly, prophet's (S.A.W) waseela is only for day of judgment, and only for whom Allah will allow. Ask Allah He is Qabeeb un Mujeeb
and he is Gagfoor as well He can forgive us no matter how much great sinners we are just be humble towards him
i think one of the companions Anas bin malik ask Prophet S.A.w for His companionship in jannah He S.A.W help me with abundance of saajood that clearly that his Shafaat will be also dependent on your actions, He S.A.W asked his daughter fatima R.A i cant save you from Allah"s torment so as Allah directly