Help Open This Brother's Heart Again

Perseveranze

:salam2: brothers and sisters,

There is someone who is a ex-muslim who I put up a thoughful question to him, who in return showed potential in returning to the deen.

This is a message he gave me on youtube;

1giyax.png

As you can see my fellow Muslims, this person is clearly seeking guidance. And no, I am not in any intention of bringing him back to the deen(that is in Allah(swt)'s hands), all I want to do is open up his heart again and put that doubt back into his mind. He doubts(believes) Islam is the truth because it does not follow Logic, well I want to put an equal doubt back in his mind to say, "what if it is"?

It pretty much started with him commenting on a video saying "I'm an ex-muslim and I left because Islam doesn't follow logic", so I just said (in summary) "explain the logic to me of how a illiterate man produced something like the Quran".

What most ex-muslims I find do is, they become even more arrogant and ignorant than the original non-believers get, and you see that their misguidance/misunderstandings accumulate to them having absolute hate for Islam. This person however was the complete opposite, Mashallah he pm'd me back asking those questions and I want to help clear his doubts or atleast put an equal doubt in his mind against his original doubts.

And why is this so significant to me in particular? Because I was once EXACTLY like this person is now. I was reading on Islam and I saw all these wonderful things, even Science was backing it up... Until I clicked on that Anti-Islam website and that was it, I fell into that. I got so close to just rejecting Islam, but I just don't know how it happened(just before that moment) that I suddenly got 1 single doubt in my mind and this doubt was so powerful and irritating that it made me want to go back at studying Islam one more time JUST to clear this doubt aswell (now I say it was guidance from Allah(swt)).

Cutting the story short, I found my way back, found out what I had been ignoring/blind to, and now I'm a person who could not be any more convinced.

Anyways, I know people on these forums are FAR more knowledgeable then me in regards to replying to a person in his state. I was hoping brothers/sisters here could link me to some good websites or even books that I could refer to him. He is clearly looking for the logic, which Islam can certainly back up.

A few things I will try to say to him (in support of hopefully answering his original questions);

- Illiterate man, could not read scriptures or anything.
- If someone was telling him all these things from the mouth, how can the people who were close to him at all times, the same people that left all their wealth/power/everything for his relevalations, how could these same people not get suspicious in a whole span of 23 years (and not see this SECRET SOURCE that the Prophet was getting his information from) - Defending Islam Link
- How could he copy greeks/pagans and only be able to take out the right stuff but reject the wrong stuff (which is undisputably against Science). - DR Naik Video
- Where is he getting the other science info from, as you realise there are over 109+ science related revalations. - Harun Yahya Website

IF anyone else could please suggest more points or refer any links or books to support the case against his questions, I would very much appreciate it.

Jazaakallah.

Mairo

Maryama
:salam2:

So kind of you to reach out like this. Unfortunately I'm not sure I really have much advice in this situation. For myself, I spent quite a long period of time in my life believing in God, living as a good and honest person, but without having any religion. During that time I developed a deep respect and appreciation for Islam, but for many years I didn't think it was the religion for me. It was only after the passing of time, accumulation of life experiences, and Allah's guidance, that eventually brought me to see that the Quran was in fact a true revelation from the Most High, and also that Muhammad was without a doubt a prophet. Once I reached this firm conviction, there was no doubt left whatsoever, and have never waivered in this belief since then. But everyone's path is different, you never can tell what is going to have an impact on someone . . .

It does sound like he does want to get back on track, which is a good sign. It might help to encourage him to really concentrate his time on seeking out more information and education. It can take a lot of effort to dispel falsehood. I hope he does not give up, I will make dua.

:wasalam:

Perseveranze

I will also recommend The Bible, Quran and Science book to him, which I'm currently reading atm and finding it pretty good.

So kind of you to reach out like this. Unfortunately I'm not sure I really have much advice in this situation. For myself, I spent quite a long period of time in my life believing in God, living as a good and honest person, but without having any religion. During that time I developed a deep respect and appreciation for Islam, but for many years I didn't think it was the religion for me. It was only after the passing of time, accumulation of life experiences, and Allah's guidance, that eventually brought me to see that the Quran was in fact a true revelation from the Most High, and also that Muhammad was without a doubt a prophet. Once I reached this firm conviction, there was no doubt left whatsoever, and have never waivered in this belief since then. But everyone's path is different, you never can tell what is going to have an impact on someone . . .

It does sound like he does want to get back on track, which is a good sign. It might help to encourage him to really concentrate his time on seeking out more information and education. It can take a lot of effort to dispel falsehood. I hope he does not give up, I will make dua.

Thank you for your response brother. You are correct, people find their paths differently upon Allah(swt)'s will.

In this person's case, you feel he wants to tread a path towards Islam but it's his doubts of authenticity of th Quran that pull him back. Which, any Muslim today would not find any doubts upon, since it is the Word of God and there's many different ways to prove this. I just want to in the best way possible try prove this to him also(his heart doesn't seem to tightened from the looks of it), whether he wishes to then tread back towards Islam or not is upon hischoice and upon the guidance of Allah(swt).

Ibn Uthaymin

Say, hypothetically God doesnt exist. When we die - People who belive in God - we will not lose anything.

And say he did exit. Then those people who dont believe in him, when they die they will lose everything.

Mairo

Maryama
but it's his doubts of authenticity of th Quran that pull him back. Which, any Muslim today would not find any doubts upon, since it is the Word of God and there's many different ways to prove this. I just want to in the best way possible try prove this to him also (his heart doesn't seem to tightened from the looks of it), whether he wishes to then tread back towards Islam or not is upon his choice and upon the guidance of Allah(swt).

wa aleikum salaam brother,

Yes, that was my understanding of the issue you presented - that he is currently doubting the veracity of the Quran and views religion as a man-made concept instead of truly from God. That is partly why I said unfortunately I do not really have any good advice in this issue, as my story is not really very similar, and also the subject of scientific proofs and debates, etc is not really my forte. And so I feel that perhaps to make dua is the best way I could potentially contribute, hopefully that might help in some way, as dua can be powerful.

Masha Allah, it sounds like you do have a good idea of what might help him and I hope it will be successful in urging him to head toward the path again, inshaAllah. The website links posted and the advice from brother Ayman are really great, too! It helps a lot to have a native Arabic speaker explain some of the concepts more clearly that are unfortunately sometimes lost in translation.

Thinking back to my own experience, before I embraced Islam I did believe in God, but I didn't have any notion about the afterlife at all. To me it was not something I could say with any certainty, what happens after death, is there a heaven or a hell, etc. I just did not have any proof or any kind of knowledge about the hereafter, so I did not feel comfortable speculating about it in any way shape or form. That is one of the things I am so grateful about with the Quran - for me it was clear it was a divine message revealed in perfect truth, and that was all I needed in order to believe. Everything that was revealed therein I just take it completely as the truth, no questions asked! But that's just my perspective, I know others do struggle with various questions or doubts . . .

I think it is somewhat strange when people debate about Muhammad, may peace be upon him, claiming that his scientific background was lacking, so for that reason the Quran can't be accurate, etc, etc. To me, that is just part of the point - he was a PROPHET - unlettered, uneducated in the traditional sense, could not read or write, definitely NOT a scientist, with no real knowledge of anything pertaining to science or religious matters previously. That is part of what is so amazing, it is clear that the Quran and religion of Islam was a recitation and a message right from Allah, not at all derived from himself, and alhamdulilahi he did not hold anything back from us.

At any rate - here's to hoping that your mission will be successful!

Best wishes to you

justoneofmillion

Say, hypothetically God doesnt exist. When we die - People who belive in God - we will not lose anything.

And say he did exit. Then those people who dont believe in him, when they die they will lose everything.
:salam2:That was Pascal akhi not ibnu Uthaimeen rahimahou llah...where are the brackets.Allow me to tease you a little:SMILY129:.

Below is an excellent lecture.

[yt]prNdIGq8gAU[/yt]

[yt]E2s14T6x5AM[/yt]

This is agood site as well:
http://www.answering-christianity.com/ac.htm

Add that with the explanation of my dear akhi Aiman1.IF it doesn t do the job,and he doesn t weigh things logically, call an exorcist or bring him to TTI .:biggrin:Because just for a hint i never thought of Gallileo being ordered by his parents before the revelation of the Quran .... Anyways it is a good intention you have for wanting to reach out to this brother .May Allah swt shower you both with his mercy and guidance .keep smiling.I love you all for the sake of Allah .

Abu Talib

Feeling low
:salam2: brothers and sisters,

There is someone who is a ex-muslim who I put up a thoughful question to him, who in return showed potential in returning to the deen.

This is a message he gave me on youtube;

1giyax.png

As you can see my fellow Muslims, this person is clearly seeking guidance. And no, I am not in any intention of bringing him back to the deen(that is in Allah(swt)'s hands), all I want to do is open up his heart again and put that doubt back into his mind. He doubts(believes) Islam is the truth because it does not follow Logic, well I want to put an equal doubt back in his mind to say, "what if it is"?

It pretty much started with him commenting on a video saying "I'm an ex-muslim and I left because Islam doesn't follow logic", so I just said (in summary) "explain the logic to me of how a illiterate man produced something like the Quran".

What most ex-muslims I find do is, they become even more arrogant and ignorant than the original non-believers get, and you see that their misguidance/misunderstandings accumulate to them having absolute hate for Islam. This person however was the complete opposite, Mashallah he pm'd me back asking those questions and I want to help clear his doubts or atleast put an equal doubt in his mind against his original doubts.

And why is this so significant to me in particular? Because I was once EXACTLY like this person is now. I was reading on Islam and I saw all these wonderful things, even Science was backing it up... Until I clicked on that Anti-Islam website and that was it, I fell into that. I got so close to just rejecting Islam, but I just don't know how it happened(just before that moment) that I suddenly got 1 single doubt in my mind and this doubt was so powerful and irritating that it made me want to go back at studying Islam one more time JUST to clear this doubt aswell (now I say it was guidance from Allah(swt)).

Cutting the story short, I found my way back, found out what I had been ignoring/blind to, and now I'm a person who could not be any more convinced.

Anyways, I know people on these forums are FAR more knowledgeable then me in regards to replying to a person in his state. I was hoping brothers/sisters here could link me to some good websites or even books that I could refer to him. He is clearly looking for the logic, which Islam can certainly back up.

A few things I will try to say to him (in support of hopefully answering his original questions);

- Illiterate man, could not read scriptures or anything.
- If someone was telling him all these things from the mouth, how can the people who were close to him at all times, the same people that left all their wealth/power/everything for his relevalations, how could these same people not get suspicious in a whole span of 23 years (and not see this SECRET SOURCE that the Prophet was getting his information from) - Defending Islam Link
- How could he copy greeks/pagans and only be able to take out the right stuff but reject the wrong stuff (which is undisputably against Science). - DR Naik Video
- Where is he getting the other science info from, as you realise there are over 109+ science related revalations. - Harun Yahya Website

IF anyone else could please suggest more points or refer any links or books to support the case against his questions, I would very much appreciate it.

Jazaakallah.

Assalamu`alaykum

Please use this link http://www.quranandscience.com/islam-and-science-universe.html

Bawar

Struggling2Surrender
Assalamu alaikum brothers and sisters.

For my believing brothers and sisters, I present the following from holy Quran (15:14-15):

And [even] if We opened to them a gate from the heaven and they continued therein to ascend, They would say, "Our eyes have only been dazzled. Rather, we are a people affected by magic."

There is a lesson embeded in the above scenario. It indicates that one's senses can not always be an absolute criterion for discovering the truth and those who rely only on their senses will always have doubts regardless.

If belief in God was so simple as to explain it by a few laboratory experiments, then there would be no room for disbelief and everyone would be a believer. However, there is a room left for doubt by Allah deliberately to give people a benefit of the doubt so that they have an opportunity how they do their individual struggles. There are temptations and there are warnings, what an excellent ground for testing the personalities. They are left with some (not all) signposts and a map. It is up to the individuals whether they rely on their hunch or use the signposts and the map along with their senses to get out of the treacherous jungle to reach the destination.

In short, religion requires a combination of sense, spirituality, and an understanding that what we see and sense are not all that there is, but it is only a small piece of the bigger picture. The last requires faith where the real test lies. It was easy for Allah to turn everyone into a believer, but the real point would be lost:

If their aversion is hard on you, then if you were able to seek a tunnel in the ground or a ladder to the sky, so that you may bring them a sign. And had Allah willed, He could have gathered them together unto true guidance, so be not you one of those who are Al-Jahilun (the ignorant). Quran 6:35

Mairo

Maryama
Assalamu alaikum brothers and sisters.

For my believing brothers and sisters, I present the following from holy Quran (15:14-15):

And [even] if We opened to them a gate from the heaven and they continued therein to ascend, They would say, "Our eyes have only been dazzled. Rather, we are a people affected by magic."

There is a lesson embeded in the above scenario. It indicates that one's senses can not always be an absolute criterion for discovering the truth and those who rely only on their senses will always have doubts regardless.

If belief in God was so simple as to explain it by a few laboratory experiments, then there would be no room for disbelief and everyone would be a believer. . . It is up to the individuals whether they rely on their hunch or use the signposts and the map along with their senses to get out of the treacherous jungle to reach the destination.

In short, religion requires a combination of sense, spirituality, and an understanding that what we see and sense are not all that there is, but it is only a small piece of the bigger picture. The last requires faith where the real test lies.

Wa aleikum salaam brother Bawar. Really wonderful explanation! I have never heard that ayat explained in this way, you present such an important point so eloquently.

:ma: so much interesting and beneficial contribution in this thread.

Ibn Uthaymin

Yeah Yeah Justoneintwomillion your right.

That was Pascals Wager. And i assume your French so you must know more about him.

Salaam, and thanks for the videos.