help!!!

theonlystar

we are newly married, we are happy, thanks Allah!.

But

My wife wants me to buy a gold necklace, i cannot afford it, she will be angry and fighting with me if i dont get it. wat can i do?

HHHHEEEEEELLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member

salam bro............

ive got no magic solution for u im fraid!

but thanks alot cos u made me laugh so much.....hopefully ull get a useful response soon cos i know this doesnt help

:D :D :D

wasalam

PS theres always: :tti_sister: yknow

ShaheedU

Extinct

But

My wife wants me to buy a gold necklace, i cannot afford it, she will be angry and fighting with me if i dont get it. wat can i do?

Learn how to fight! :SMILY335:

A good answer HAS to come next, it HAS to! inshaAllaah.

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Asalamu Alykum,

Truth and tell her something that will make her forget about wanting a necklace and she has you :SMILY252:

Wasalam

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
Ok fine, you can do that, but then you still might have to learn how to fight.

no he cannot!...its called 'domestic violence' and its wrong!

besides.......his wife might win and thats even worst! (for him :D)

wasalam

justmuslim

But

Asalamu Allaykum bros and sisters

Dear bro manshaalla i'm happy for you first. second, doesn't your wife know that you don't have the money or did you tell her before you get marry her you have a lot of money and you're rich. ( i don't mean to be rude but a lot of bros i know say when they want the girl i have $$$$$$ in the bank or i'm this and that business etc..) anyway, told your wife you love herso much and you don't have the money now but inshaalla when you get you will buy her very nice one.

good luck

wasalmu alaykum

AbuKhalid

Salaamu alaikum,

here's an idea ... request a gift from her that will put her in "your situation"!!

But seriously, it is up to u, consider the following: Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) reported that the Prophet (pbuh said: “A dinar spent for the sake of Allaah, a dinar spent to free a slave, a dinar given in charity to a poor person, and a dinar spent on one’s wife – the greatest in reward of all these is the dinar spent on one's wife.” (Reported by Muslim, 2/692). Your family comes first, in terms of spending for the sake of Allah. As you know, giving gifts whether to friends or family increases love for eaxch other. And of course, u r getting the greatest reward

At the same time:

“Let the rich man spend according to his means, and the man whose resources are restricted, let him spend according to what Allaah has given him. Allaah puts no burden on any person beyond what He has given him. Allaah will grant after hardship, ease.” [65:7]

And Ibn Katheer (may Allaah have mercy on him) said in his interpretation of this aayah: “And if you turn away from them (relatives, the poor etc. whom We have ordered you to give their rights, but you have no money at the time they ask for it) and you are awaiting a mercy from your Lord for which you hope means: if your relatives ask you for something that We have commanded you to give them, and you do not have anything, and you turn away from them because you have nothing to spend on them, then speak unto them a kind, soft word which means, promise them, gently and kindly, that when the provision of Allaah comes, we will give it to you, in sha Allaah.”

This is in terms of necessities though. A gold necklace is something else. But like ShaheedU said .. take some self defence courses :SMILY346:

justoneofmillion

assalamu aleikum,just tell her that you have been travelling the world in search for pearls and treasures you have seen the 7 wonders reached as far as the eye can see but that you didn`t find anything comparable to her that she is indeed a rarity and any banal piece of metal would be unworthy of her beauty!....lol it is the emergency exit door it should make her patient and curious until you can afford it bro hope she buys it!Allah hafiz:SMILY252:
wassalam

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Please don't learn how to fight. Men never win. And women hold grudges for the rest of our lives. We are given very long term memories that we pull out of nowhere..not good.

It is important to be realistic in a marriage. In the initial stages the rules need to be made. The roles need to be clearly defined.

Brother it is important that she realize by asking you for a gift she is placing herself in a position of being needy. That is not good.

Gifts are an expression of love but must be given with sincerety. If there is hardship in obtaining a gift than there is no blessing in it.

Pray for blessings from Allah which are the best of all gifts.

My husband always has the best excuse for not remembering the days when he needs to give me a gift: " Woman, you should be grateful you have a husband, sons, a home, and food on the table".

Indeed those are the blessings of Allah that are worth more than any amount of gold on Earth.

And being a rational, sensible Muslim woman I save money for what I want and get it.

zarah

Islam
Staff member
Ask her to buy you something that you know she can't afford :D

Seriously, as others told you, tell her the fact that you can't afford it unless the two of you no longer need to eat nor pay rent.

:salam2:

LOL,I have to agree bro I think the best thing to say is that you cannot afford it.:hijabi:

:wasalam:

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
Its a test for both of u.
A wife will always understand and will support u ,in a hardship or in a good times.She is your wife,so just don't be afraid and tell her the truth...and its only some necklace....buy her a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooot of beautiful flowers instead...
good luck brother !!!
salam

amyaishazouaoui

just be truthful, just say she cannot have it. She married u for u not ur gold necklace!!!!

If ur worried about letting her down, go to the park and make a daisy chain for her and go like, sweeeeeeetie, you know that necklace ou wanted, i cant really afford it, but heres one for you to keep until i get the money to buy you it.
That would be cute, not saying it going to work for her.

Marriage is not about money, or material things, its about the two of you being happy for the sake of Allah.
Treat and respect each other nicely for the sake of Allah and you will go places.

As soon as money and material things become issues for both of you, you are having problems!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Inshallah you will always be happy in your marriage :tti_sister:

A

Libinette

Umm Zubayr
assalamu aleikum,just tell her that you have been travelling the world in search for pearls and treasures you have seen the 7 wonders reached as far as the eye can see but that you didn`t find anything comparable to her that she is indeed a rarity and any banal piece of metal would be unworthy of her beauty!....lol it is the emergency exit door it should make her patient and curious until you can afford it bro hope she buys it!Allah hafiz:SMILY252:
wassalam

this should work.......till it reaches a certain point....

Tell her honestly, that you can't afford it now, she should understand inshallah

haleema 2

muslimah 2
salam brother i think you should be as honest as possible with her and tell her you cannot afford it :girl3: tell her really nicely and maybe let her know that you are putting away a little money away every month or so for her and she can have the necklace when theres enough money:SMILY335:

Albint_Almuslima

Im Proud 2 B Me!

Dont listen to those who told u 2 fight!!!!LOL, because if i was in her place and my husband tried to fight me, you will see him flying out the window:fighta: !!!LOL

My advise is for you to tell her that u cant afford it, she should be able to understand, tell her that when u get the money you wil try to buy her one.

I dont know why ur wife is making a big deal out of u buying a necklace, because it is u who should be her necklace. She dont need a necklace if she has a caring husband( R U?LOL). A women should never pressure her husband to buy her something he cant afford.

If ur wife loves u and respects u she will understand, however, u have to make her understand. Tell her about ur financial status if she does not already know.

May Allah help u and ur wife!!!!

P.S being married isnt about the gifts or the money, its all about whats in ones heart . Insha Allah everyone understands that life isnt about money or a diamond ring( in this case a gold Necklace) its all about the love within.

Take Care,

Salam

liaa

honestl i don't know why is she so desperate after that necklace , you are a cuple know, if she will keep insisting in you buying that necklace , and you will, and after that you will have to work even harder, than she will hurt you and she will hurt herself.
After all in a couple there is no such as "my money and your money" there is "our money" . and she should understand you if you don't have money to buy it.!! lol in my family the situation is kind of opposite, my dad want's to buy expensive things to mom, and she says no, cause she thinks that those money could be used better for the house or for smth elsee.! try to make her understand that you can't buy love :p

sista fahima

salaam
well brother if u r happly married she should understand ur reasons 4 not geting the neckless, tell her the truth but take her out after 4 safety reasons lol, kidding!!1

salaam