hijab is a question

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Septithol....dear ..it makes no difference what you think. What you wear or what you do. All you do is find a way to find something negative.
You have no say in hijab. You have no concept..what you think is not the issue.

You said it yourself...it is offensive to you. Everything is offensive to you. Please tell me one thing that is positive for you. I know...TTI and being around Muslims. So join the family become Muslims and be happy.

strive-may-i

I am led by myself

FREEDOM IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING ON THE EARTH

and in my view is even more important then religion
Yes free will to choose between right and wrong is given to every human, and reap benefit of action from your free will, both here and in hereafter. Unless the free will bows to the will of Almighty and his ordains, the hereafter is for sure lost, and the here will be misery too, more often than not.

strive-may-i

A suggestion, for a positive discussion

I have a problem with a couple of things you said. First of all, I object to the laws in France forbidding Hijab. Secondly, I object to the strip searches in US airports. I also object to the statement you use to support this, that there is no absolute freedom anywhere in the world. The fact that an injustice exists in one place cannot be used to justify an injustice in another place. Two wrongs do not make a right.

Well, the problem I have here is that there is, thus far no actual demonstrable, concrete evidence of the existence of any God (or Gods) or what laws he, she, or they, might want human beings to follow. There are very good reasons to think that a God (or Gods) might exist, but no actual proof. So, unless the obeying of 'Gods Laws' is truly voluntary by all beleivers in that God, a forced obeying of 'God's Laws' as occurs in a theocracy, functionally (or De Facto) amounts to some human beings imposing laws on other human beings.

Glad to know your opinion about the wrongs of strip tease or france becoming less secular. Septithol, so you agree you have problems, there is so much questions in your mind thats remained unanswered, there are others for which you have a very clear stand or answer fair enough.

Now this thread, is about, a sister who thinks hijab is fine, wanting to know where in Quran it is mentioned. From all that we here understand, the thread creator, does understand and does experience this world as Almightys creation. The thread creator wants to know something and has so raised questions, and appears like she is satisfied with the answers.

Now incase you have questions or objections or a point to drive home, please start your own thread and there sure will be good discussions.

Hope this helps...

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Brother,

You have presented a balanced view. We, the sister in faith, who wish to serve Allah as He dictates to us, choose that right. We do this out of love. We do not need to answer anyone, why.

It reminds me of the example of the sacrifice of the heifer. The ones asked to sacrifice kept making excuses, what color,what size, whatever...and that is not the purpose of obeying Allah. He tell and we willingly obey.

And thus I have decided my simple response from on now for anything I do which is correct and in the Sunna will be: for the Absolute Love.

septithol

Banned
Assalaam walaikum,

Septithol....dear ..it makes no difference what you think. What you wear or what you do. All you do is find a way to find something negative.
You have no say in hijab. You have no concept..what you think is not the issue.

You said it yourself...it is offensive to you. Everything is offensive to you. Please tell me one thing that is positive for you. I know...TTI and being around Muslims. So join the family become Muslims and be happy.

Aapa: I have repeated stated that although it is not something I would ever wear myself, hijab itself is NOT offensive to me. What I have said was that laws forcing people to wear it (as well as opposite laws forcing people to NOT wear it) are offensive to me.

If I said somewhere that hijab itself was offensive to me, when voluntarily worn by other people, then please show me where I said this. Otherwise, please do not put words in my mouth.

lovefordeen

assalaamu alaikum sister

muslim women must wear the hijab as it is ordered by our Creator in the Qur'an...

Allah is the WISEST and He knows what is best for His creation....hijab protects the muslim woman...it gives her dignity that she is not looked upon as a sexual object like the immodestly dressed woman...and she doesnt have to dress up in way to attract any stranger...but at the same time dress up for her husband and her husband only...

and the punishment for women who don't dress modestly is grave...

so sister,you have many points to tell...tell them that we muslims believe mariam (ra ) was also very chaste...and that christians nuns also wear the hijab for the same reason as it was ordered by our Creator in their books too...

sister,please dont feel incomplete after explaining things to them..we should be happy that Allah has made us muslims and made us obey him..alhamduluilah

:jazaak:

septithol

Banned
assalaamu alaikum sister
muslim women must wear the hijab as it is ordered by our Creator in the Qur'an...
(snip)
and the punishment for women who don't dress modestly is grave...
:jazaak:

I have no problem with muslim women voluntarily wearing hijab, if they think it was ordered by Allah. I have said this many times, despite Aapa's claims to the contrary.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'punishment for women who don't dress modestly'. If by this, you mean such women will be punished in the afterlife, by going to hell, or some other punishment chosen by God, well, that's your opinion. I disagree with it, but you are entitled to think that if you wish.

On the other hand, if by 'punishment' you mean that women who don't dress 'modestly' are to be (or should be) punished by other people, by fines, or jail time, or something else, then I am going to have a very definite disagreement with that.

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
Aisya: I am somewhat puzzled by your post, you seem to think I am offended by hijab, or a ruling in the Koran that says that hijab should be worn by Muslims. At no point in any of my posts did I say that.

I think you are confusing me with Jonas, who said that he was offended by hijab, and found wearing hijab incompatible with freedom. My position is somewhat different than Jonas's, I am not offended by voluntary wearing of hijab.

What I am offended by are laws REQUIRING people to wear it (this also would include the de facto practice of not prosecuting private individuals who threaten, assault, rape, or mutilate women for not wearing hijab).

However, I am also offended by laws such as exist in France, FORBIDDING people to wear it.

I find the garment hijab rather silly, that is a different matter than being offended by it. There's a lot of things I find silly. Hijab is probably far less silly than the style of wearing pants sagging so badly that the waist is down to one's knees. As Iv'e stated before, I've a need to be moving around. It would be hard to move around in hijab, but even harder with your pants sagging around your knees. If I find something silly, I simply refrain from doing it myself, I don't take offense at others doing it. I have far more important things to do with my time than to worry and take offense at what other people choose to wear or not wear.

Hi there.

Puzzled by my post? Well, just to let you know, before I ever reply anything to a post here in TTI, I'll make sure that I reread what the poster is writing and try to understand to my very best ability the real message. So, I can assure you 100% that I was not confuse you with Jonas [Alhamdulilla that he's banned now - we do not need people spreading weird ideology in this forum -- may want to recheck the main aim of TTI].

OK let me make myself clear. Why do you think people in this thread are misunderstanding you having a feeling of offensive towards hijaab? Well the fact that you are in an Islamic forum, expressing about how you are offended by LAWS that forbid/command people to close/not to close modestly is obviously something to do with hijaab, yes? And of all the faiths that exist in this world, which "worries" too much about the dressing of its followers? None other than Islaam am I right? [I quoted *your* words down there, just in case you're confused which words of yours I'm talking about]

What does 'offend' me is those who worry too much about what others wear, or pass laws either requiring or forbidding people to wear certain types of clothing. Both laws requiring hijab and laws forbidding hijab, are equally 'offensive' to me.

It is not that we worry too much about what others wear [I'm specifically talking about Muslims women only] or being a busy-body to care about what others wear but it is our duty as a Muslim to enjoin the good and forbid the evil towards our sisters. It may be that she is ignorant of her own faith or just do not have the strong faith yet to do what's commanded by Allaah. So yes, we do worry about our sisters. Worry in a way that we are to advised them in the gentlest manner.

As for laws forbidding what not to wear. Ok lets take the example of France banning women wearing niqaab. France itself is not a Muslim country but then suddenly wants to stir up other faith? Now isn't that what we can call as busy-body? Not to mention the horrible actions they did towards our sisters. So I hope you can differentiate the two different situations here.

Anyways, since you support freedom, I do not see much benefits discussing about hijaab here. [Or as you refer it to laws forbid/command people wearing in certain codes]. We really do not care if you find hijaab silly or whatsoever because it does not affect us in a way we will do what others think. This is a command from God so whatever opinions that the weak Creations have isn't even a dust of values. Just to let you know, we Muslims support freedom too. But we support freedom which is within the boundaries of Islaam. Because Islam itself is not a faith to put burden to its followers but in contrast, to make life better in every aspects; 360 degrees.

Good day.

Um Ibrahim

Alhamdulilah :)
Not so much about freedom but about right and wrong

I have no problem with muslim women voluntarily wearing hijab, if they think it was ordered by Allah. I have said this many times, despite Aapa's claims to the contrary.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'punishment for women who don't dress modestly'. If by this, you mean such women will be punished in the afterlife, by going to hell, or some other punishment chosen by God, well, that's your opinion. I disagree with it, but you are entitled to think that if you wish.

On the other hand, if by 'punishment' you mean that women who don't dress 'modestly' are to be (or should be) punished by other people, by fines, or jail time, or something else, then I am going to have a very definite disagreement with that.

I think what you don't understand is that Muslims don't have this "freedom" you and others like yourself keep talking about. When someone says he or she is a Muslim, all that freedom stuff goes out the window. the word Muslim means one who submits to the will and commandments of Allah, so how can a Muslim have freedom? You still haven't grasped what Muslim means, and what Islam means. Islam is a total way of life. True Muslims are the ones who follow Islam strictly and at all times. As Muslims we must forbid the wrong and encourage the right, among our family members, friends and relatives. This does not exclude women/girls who refuse to wear the Hijab within our family, for girls who are young, her mother, father, brother or sister has a right to tell her and advice her again and again to wear the HIjab because we see not wearing Hijab as a sin and wrong. Do you understand? so it's not so much about freedom, but about right and wrong. If someone wants to do something which YOU believe is wrong, wouldn't you try to stop that person? Yes you would even if others see it as "freedom." If one of your siblings was an alcoholic, wouldn't you stop them from drinking even though he/she has the 'freedom' to drink according to you?

Muslims are still human and sometimes will do things out of their own weakness and do things which they are not supposed to do or they will avoid things that they are supposed to do, why? because we're human too and we all make mistakes. That's why our religion encourages us to be patient with people, to hide their flaws, and to advice and advice and advice as long as that person is alive.

septithol

Banned
Hard Rock Muslim: I have no problem with Muslims *voluntarily* wearing hijab. I personally find the garment rather silly, but that's irrelevent. If someone else chooses to wear something I find silly, that is their business, not mine. People should have the freedom to wear or not wear what they like.

Regarding traffic lights, I think it's a false analogy to compare clothing to traffic lights. What you wear does not have any physical effect on others. At most, it affects yourself, if you wear something very foolish like a winter coat in the summer time, or no coat in the winter time. How you drive your car most definitely has an effect on others, if people do not take their proper turns at the traffic light, they can cause a bad accident and other people may be hurt or killed.

Regarding my religion, I have a religion, I am not an athiest. I have what are, in my opinion, very good reasons for having the religion that I do. However, I have no *proof*. I cannot prove my religion in the same way that I could, for instance, prove that gravity exists, or that I have blue eyes. That being the case, it would be inappropriate for me to use force to make anyone else live by my religion.

septithol

Banned
I think what you don't understand is that Muslims don't have this "freedom" you and others like yourself keep talking about. When someone says he or she is a Muslim, all that freedom stuff goes out the window. the word Muslim means one who submits to the will and commandments of Allah, so how can a Muslim have freedom? You still haven't grasped what Muslim means, and what Islam means. Islam is a total way of life. True Muslims are the ones who follow Islam strictly and at all times. As Muslims we must forbid the wrong and encourage the right, among our family members, friends and relatives. This does not exclude women/girls who refuse to wear the Hijab within our family, for girls who are young, her mother, father, brother or sister has a right to tell her and advice her again and again to wear the HIjab because we see not wearing Hijab as a sin and wrong. Do you understand? so it's not so much about freedom, but about right and wrong. If someone wants to do something which YOU believe is wrong, wouldn't you try to stop that person? Yes you would even if others see it as "freedom." If one of your siblings was an alcoholic, wouldn't you stop them from drinking even though he/she has the 'freedom' to drink according to you?

Ni'Mah: If a person *voluntarily* chooses to become a Muslim, and to *voluntarily* live a strict life, that is still 'Freedom' by my definition, provided that they are free to stop being a Muslim if they wish, and do not try to force anyone else to become a Muslim. Freedom can include the freedom to do hard things. Some people run 15 miles a day, which I think is very hard, and wouldn't want to (probably wouldn't be able to) do myself, but I let them do what they think is best for themselves.

Regarding stopping someone doing something I think is 'wrong', to me, something being 'wrong' has a very specific definition. It involves using force or fraud to harm someone else against their will. If someone was attempting to rob or murder someone, or pull a con game on them, then in that case, I would try to forcibly stop them from doing that. Other things, such as drinking too much, I would advise the person very strongly against, and try to convince them to enter a treatment program for their drinking, but I don't really have the right to stop them by force.

I am, in fact, in a rather similiar situation to this right now. I have a friend of mine who has expressed a desire to have something done to himself which I regard as absolutely foolish and extremely harmful to himself. I am not at liberty to say what it is, but many people who have had this done have sorely regretted it later. I gave him a long list of the reasons why this is an absolutely foolish and bad thing to do to himself, I would not be a good friend if I didn't. But ultimately, the choice to do this thing is up to him. I can't stop him from doing it without turning him into a slave, which I don't have the ability to do, and I wouldn't do it even if I could. Voluntarily becoming a slave to a God or another person yourself is one thing. Forcing another person to be a slave (to God or anyone else) is another, and a very evil thing by my standards.

septithol

Banned
Hi there.

It is not that we worry too much about what others wear [I'm specifically talking about Muslims women only] or being a busy-body to care about what others wear but it is our duty as a Muslim to enjoin the good and forbid the evil towards our sisters. It may be that she is ignorant of her own faith or just do not have the strong faith yet to do what's commanded by Allaah. So yes, we do worry about our sisters. Worry in a way that we are to advised them in the gentlest manner.

As for laws forbidding what not to wear. Ok lets take the example of France banning women wearing niqaab. France itself is not a Muslim country but then suddenly wants to stir up other faith? Now isn't that what we can call as busy-body? Not to mention the horrible actions they did towards our sisters. So I hope you can differentiate the two different situations here.

Aisya: It is certainly your right to *advise* your Muslim sisters, or anyone else you wish, about their wearing hijab. So long as it remains merely *advising* and not locking them up or giving them fines, or other punishments, I do not have a problem with merely *advising*. Regarding France, I have repeatedly stated that I strongly disagree with what France has done, making laws banning hijab. That is just as inappropriate and busy-body as the laws in some countries *forcing* hijab.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

You can not have an issue with what she does. She is fulfilling her obligation as a Believer. She has to enjoin good and forbid evil. It is a little more than advising. She is doing right. And may Allah reward her for it.

What is critical to understand is that a non-Believer can not approve or disapprove of what a Muslim does. It does not matter what you think. My words may appear as being rude. They are not. A Believer has to please and serve Allah. That is a choice we have made.

You are on the outside of the discussion. The question of hijab is one for Muslim women. Muslim women out of love and fear of Allah follow His prescription for our sense of modesty. Hijab is a form of protection.

I pray you understand my protectiveness towards my sisters in faith.

septithol

Banned
So, I can assure you 100% that I was not confuse you with Jonas [Alhamdulilla that he's banned now - we do not need people spreading weird ideology in this forum -- may want to recheck the main aim of TTI].
Well, I actually found Jonas to be extremely puzzling. He claimed to be a Muslim who was in favor of freedom, but the position he took, namely that hijab, even when worn voluntarily, was offensive to him, so far as I can tell, is contradictory BOTH to Islam AND to Freedom.

Perhaps I am wrong with my perception of Islam, as I am not a Muslim, but from what I understand, a lot of Muslim women choose to wear hijab voluntarily as a symbol of their religion, and their having adopted a certain form of chasteness in their behavior and the way they wish to be treated by others. Which is similiar to, but not exactly like the way catholic nuns wear habits, after choosing to become nuns, so they can be identified as such, and not bothered with men flirting with them. So for someone as Jonas, who claims to be a Muslim, to say he is offended by hijab, does not make much sense to me.

Now, as a freedom loving person myself, my belief is that all clothing is a matter of personal choice. So if a person wants to wear hijab, or a bright pink rain coat, or a propeller beanie on their heads, it should all be up to them. So for someone to claim to be interested in freedom like Jonas, but to ALSO claim that he is offended by people choosing to wear certain garments, again, makes little sense to me.

Now, what does offend me, are laws forcing people to wear or not wear certain types of clothing. Which includes the laws in France forbidding hijab, and the laws in some countries requiring it. Both of these are incompatible with freedom; whether requiring hijab in those who do not want it is compatible with Islam, I am not qualified to say. However, Jonas's position of being offended by hijab, even when women choose to wear it, strikes me as a position not of freedom, but that of someone opposed to Islam, either a militant athiest, or a fanatic of some other religion.

It has become clear to me from talking with some of the people here, who have been very cooperative, that for at least some Muslim women, hijab is an important part of their own life-will and self-identity. So I can see why they might become angry when other people tell them that their wearing hijab is offensive, or even make laws against it. There are many things which are important to my own life-will, such as reading certain books, and making chainmail. I would be very angry indeed if someone made a law against my making chainmail or reading my books!! However, I would also be angry if someone made a law saying that everyone must be forced to make chainmail or read my sort of books, that would not be right at all.

septithol

Banned
Assalaam walaikum,

You can not have an issue with what she does. She is fulfilling her obligation as a Believer. She has to enjoin good and forbid evil. It is a little more than advising. She is doing right. And may Allah reward her for it.

Aapa, I am not sure what you mean by this. If you mean that she should attempt to use force, and not merely advice, to get people to obey the rules of 'good' and 'evil' according to Islam, when they do not agree with those rules, it's probably going to cause a lot of conflict with other people.

What is critical to understand is that a non-Believer can not approve or disapprove of what a Muslim does. It does not matter what you think.

Well, everything I see, I either approve or disapprove of, that's human nature. For instance, when I was at the fabric store, there was some fabric I liked, and other fabric I did not like. However, you are correct in saying that it does not matter what I think, in that I will not (since I don't have the right to) stop Muslims from voluntarily wearing hijab, regardless of whether I happen to 'approve' or 'disapprove' of it. My opinion is irrelevent, since it's not my own clothes that are in question, it's none of my business.

A Believer has to please and serve Allah. That is a choice we have made.

So long as you restrict your choice to *yourself* and do not attempt to impose the rules dictated by your belief on other people, I don't have a problem with it.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Salamualaykum

my dear brothers and sisters,

I hope you're all doing very well!--------------------------

You know those times where a non muslim asks why we wear hijab? And you answer them and you don't feel complete.....ya so I thought maybe you guys can help me by sharing you response to this question. It will help me very much!!

JazakAllahukhayran and salam!

:salam2:

I wear hijab by two reasons.

For Allah

To make other people curious.

When people come to ask me why I have hijab I can talk to them about islam.

:muslim_child:

lovefordeen

assalaamu alaikum sepithol

by 'punishment',i meant in the hereafter by our Creator,and not by people....

one more thing,why do the christian nuns wear the hijab?is it because they are scared of punishment from authorities or by "other people,by fines,or jail time,or something else" as u mentioned...NO...it's because of their love for God...God asked them to do it and they do....tell me sepithol.do you say that the nuns have no freedom... no,they do....the same way,God asked us to wear the hijab and we do it...out of love for Him and fear of Him....and muslim women,like them also have the freedom whether to obey God or not...

Allah has given us limited free will...to chose from right and wrong;and He has mentioned what is right and wrong in the Holy Qur'an...so it's upto us whether we obey His commands or not..in any matter..not only the hijab..the hijab is only one such matter..

i'll give you another example..He has commanded us to be kind to our parents...so,if we wish to obey Him ;Love Him and fear His punishment;then it is compulsory for us to be kind to our parents!!!nobody's going to punish you for not being kind to your parents except God..we become kind to our parents in their old age out of love for our Creator and fear of His punishment...we have the freedom whether to be kind to our parents or not.. that is,obey Allah or not.... and the same is the case with the hijab...or any other commands...i hope it is clear now..

Basically,Allah swt has given us the freedom to choose between right and wrong..between obeying His commands or disobeying Him...its upto us whether we obey or not..

and ALLAH KNOWS BEST!!!

if you still have doubts sepithol,may Allah guide you,and may guide me and all of us...

May Allah forgive me if i have said something wrong...

assalaamu alaikum

septithol

Banned
assalaamu alaikum sepithol
by 'punishment',i meant in the hereafter by our Creator,and not by people....

So long as that is what you mean, I don't have a problem with it. I may disagree with what I think God will do to people for how they dress, but you are entitled to your opinion on that matter.

one more thing,why do the christian nuns wear the hijab?is it because they are scared of punishment from authorities or by "other people,by fines,or jail time,or something else" as u mentioned...NO...it's because of their love for God...God asked them to do it and they do....tell me sepithol.do you say that the nuns have no freedom... no,they do....the same way,God asked us to wear the hijab and we do it...out of love for Him and fear of Him....and muslim women,like them also have the freedom whether to obey God or not...

I have no problem with nuns choosing to wear habits, or muslim women choosing to wear hijab. However, my understanding is that in some countries, women are required by law to wear hijab, or are compelled to do so out of fear, because other people will attack them if they do not wear hijab. I have a definite problem with those two things, for the same reason I have a problem with France making a law forbidding hijab, even if a Muslim woman wants to wear it.

septithol

Banned
Basically,Allah swt has given us the freedom to choose between right and wrong..between obeying His commands or disobeying Him...its upto us whether we obey or not..

I have been told this before by other Muslims, which I find confusing, because it is not compatible with using force and fear of punishment to make people obey what Muslims regard as God's laws. By using punishment, you take away a person's freedom to choose whether or not to be a Muslim, and you also turn the person into some sort of hypocrite, forcing them by fear to say prayers and dress a certain way they might not believe.

Though perhaps hypocrite is not the right word in this matter. A hypocrite generally pretends to be religious voluntarily, when they are actually not, in order to impress other people with their false holiness. Someone forced to act out a religion they do not believe in, out of fear of punishments, rather than prideful desire to impress others, would not be a hypocrite. If anything, those threatening the punishments, and making others act out a religion through fear of punishment, would be the hypocrites in this matter. I suppose this would also apply to France, by forcing Muslim women to not wear hijab when they want to, the government of that country is turning themselves into a hypocrite of this peculiar kind.

Um Ibrahim

Alhamdulilah :)
Ni'Mah: If a person *voluntarily* chooses to become a Muslim, and to *voluntarily* live a strict life, that is still 'Freedom' by my definition, provided that they are free to stop being a Muslim if they wish, and do not try to force anyone else to become a Muslim. Freedom can include the freedom to do hard things. Some people run 15 miles a day, which I think is very hard, and wouldn't want to (probably wouldn't be able to) do myself, but I let them do what they think is best for themselves.

Regarding stopping someone doing something I think is 'wrong', to me, something being 'wrong' has a very specific definition. It involves using force or fraud to harm someone else against their will. If someone was attempting to rob or murder someone, or pull a con game on them, then in that case, I would try to forcibly stop them from doing that. Other things, such as drinking too much, I would advise the person very strongly against, and try to convince them to enter a treatment program for their drinking, but I don't really have the right to stop them by force.

I am, in fact, in a rather similiar situation to this right now. I have a friend of mine who has expressed a desire to have something done to himself which I regard as absolutely foolish and extremely harmful to himself. I am not at liberty to say what it is, but many people who have had this done have sorely regretted it later. I gave him a long list of the reasons why this is an absolutely foolish and bad thing to do to himself, I would not be a good friend if I didn't. But ultimately, the choice to do this thing is up to him. I can't stop him from doing it without turning him into a slave, which I don't have the ability to do, and I wouldn't do it even if I could. Voluntarily becoming a slave to a God or another person yourself is one thing. Forcing another person to be a slave (to God or anyone else) is another, and a very evil thing by my standards.

Septithol:

You still don't understand what I'm trying to say. There is a big difference between choice and 'freedom.' Yes people can make choices to do one thing and not the other. As Muslims, we have the choice to either follow our religion, thus pleasing God, or not following the religion which will be displeasing to God but as far as 'freedom' goes, no Muslim or non-Muslim in fact has "freedom." we all have a choice and we will pay for our choices in this world whether you are a Muslim or not. Everyone is Gods' slaves, you and every non-Muslim out there whether you like it or not. God created you whether you deny it or not, and if you CHOOSE to not follow Islam then that's your choice, but that doesn't mean you're free because after death you will be held accountable for your choices and actions. So for a Muslim to forbid the evil, which in this case we are talking about women who choose to uncover, then we as Muslims have to advice women to cover up. I am not a scholar of Islam therefore I don't know if there's a physical punishment for not wearing hijab, there is not any I know of, but my knowledge is very limited. but if there is, there's no problems with it. We get forced every day by the non-Muslims to dress in ways we don't want to because they refuse to give us jobs, let us go to school, or fine and prison our women as is the case in France. If western women were forced to cover themselves there would be less crimes against women, and there probably wouldn't be any disgusting *!*!*!*! and all these other disgusting films that is corrupting the eyes and minds of young men.