hijab is a question

jonas1993

Banned
I am led by myself

FREEDOM IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING ON THE EARTH

and in my view is even more important then religion

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
and i'm the extremist? who are you to decide if I am an apostate or not? I think you sound a lot more extreme then me!

My dear Jonas1993, I know my English is very bad...but I wonder when did I said you are apostate and extremist? I made a general statement and you felt it... I apologise if you felt it.. But I just saying anyone for that matter. let me rephrase... anyone going against the Qur'an and Sunnah knowingly, HE / SHE IS CAN BE CONSIDERED A KAFFIR.

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~
I am led by myself

You are lead by yourself,alright.You follow your desires alright.Where do you think you are going to end up?
Take a moment pause for a while and reflect.
You say freedom is the most important thing,I agree,but are you really free?
You are wishing for yourself and other people around you (read women) to behave and dress and look in a certain manner that pleases or is approved by others.The way how other people would look and say "hey,he looks cool" and hence you train yourself to look the way other people want you to.To meet with their expectations,toiling day and night to look your best for the people around you,this is a cause of depression amongst many youths who are unable to live upto what society(read western materialist) demands.
As you yourself have stated earlier you find hijab women unattractive(well it is meant not to be attractive anyways,so it serves its purpose well alhamdulillah).
Imagine for a moment all that you have is snatched from you and you are left with nothing,no looks,unhealthydoes that mean you are worthless,good for nothing outcaste?
If you say,no well ,your ideology says yes.
If thats what you call freedom then,I can only say that is delusion.
In fact it's slavery,behaving the way people wish for you to and the way you wish to.You cant get rid of what you want,since wish to follow your desires and desires are not always lead by wisdom,they have animalistic and human forms.Sometimes they lead you into an abyss you can not come out from.So you are stuck there enslaved by your desires.Freedom?Or slavery?
Freedom is alleviating above all this show off,caring about what people like and what people don't,what your own selves like and what it doesn't.It' following what is right for you and avoiding what's wrong,what is good for you will free you and what is bad for you,if you follow it enslaves you.Islam provides you with a criterion to judge between right and wrong and hence free you of slavery.For this is not the laws of man they are the laws of The creator of men who knows best what He created and knows best what is right or wrong.
It doesn't matter what family one comes from death is common to all.Even if one is the wealthiest person in the world,he cant escape death.What matters is what you have prepared for it or are you prepared at all?Once it's over ,one cant turn back.

Um Ibrahim

Alhamdulilah :)
oh well i find hijabs offensive and backwards and think they make beautiful women look like old maids or walking ghosts...

freedom of speech means freedom to say what you believe... I don't see any benifit to Hijab what so ever and I will say that all I want.

Well you need to look at where you're posting this, this is an ISLAMIC forum, with the majority of people being Muslims and that includes Muslim women who wear hijab, niqab and who love to cover themselves so if you are offended by hijab, never mind you call yourself a "Muslim" then go somewhere else; don't expect to disrespect people and their believes and people not to correct you. You're being disrespectful not only to Muslim women but to Allah and to Allahs' commandments and words; that's unacceptable. Take your freedom somewhere else, I really don't care for it.

Mods: Some of my posts have been edited and I have been in the past corrected publicly for saying something much more less offensive than what this person is writing, and I don't see you guys doing anything about this persons' rude comments about hijab. Let anyone write their opinions but when it comes hijab, we have to understand that's messing around with the commandments of Allah. He's basically disrespecting Allahs' words and being rude to all Muslim women.

jonas1993

Banned
Well you need to look at where you're posting this, this is an ISLAMIC forum, with the majority of people being Muslims and that includes Muslim women who wear hijab, niqab and who love to cover themselves so if you are offended by hijab, never mind you call yourself a "Muslim" then go somewhere else; don't expect to disrespect people and their believes and people not to correct you. You're being disrespectful not only to Muslim women but to Allah and to Allahs' commandments and words; that's unacceptable. Take your freedom somewhere else, I really don't care for it.

Mods: Some of my posts have been edited and I have been in the past corrected publicly for saying something much more less offensive than what this person is writing, and I don't see you guys doing anything about this persons' rude comments about hijab. Let anyone write their opinions but when it comes hijab, we have to understand that's messing around with the commandments of Allah. He's basically disrespecting Allahs' words and being rude to all Muslim women.

i have no disrespect for muslim women or any women...
I don't believe the hijab is mandatory but I do believe dressing modestly is mandatory
I believe it (the hijab)is an outdated cultural custom
You are actually being very disrespectful because since you disagree with me you try to make me become quiet.
I find you to be offensive since you can't handle my opinion so much that you seek to have it be struck from the record and force me to be quiet.
and on your comment about freedom
That is the beautiful thing about freedom. you don't have to agree with me... just respect my right to my opinion and not force yours on me!!! But it seems that you fail to understand or grasp this concept!

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~
i have no disrespect for muslim women or any women...
I don't believe the hijab is mandatory but I do believe dressing modestly is mandatory
I believe it (the hijab)is an outdated cultural custom
You are actually being very disrespectful because since you disagree with me you try to make me become quiet.
I find you to be offensive since you can't handle my opinion so much that you seek to have it be struck from the record and force me to be quiet.
and on your comment about freedom
That is the beautiful thing about freedom. you don't have to agree with me... just respect my right to my opinion and not force yours on me!!! But it seems that you fail to understand or grasp this concept!

Hijab is a cultural custom ,where did you get that one from?Beautiful thing about freedom is going into a place and rebuking and spewing distasteful comments about then and expecting respect?
Respect is earned and you,my dear ,have shown utter disrespect by calling women ghosts and maids.
No one is forcing their opinion on you,it's you forcing your opinion on wanting women to dress in a way so that you can appreciate them.The women who dont dress the way YOU wish are maids,ghosts or backwards?
Who are you to judge women or anyone for that matter.
If you wish yourself to be respected,respect other people.Don't go to their house and abuse them.

jonas1993

Banned
Can't handle someone who disagrees with you?
If I am correct many of the founders of many nations that are muslim... like Tunisia, Turkey, Syria agreed with me... Along with Yasser Arafat... Disrespecting a woman means to state she is not equal to me or less of a human.. I have not ever stated OR believed that

So don't put words in my mouth

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~
Can't handle someone who disagrees with you?
If I am correct many of the founders of many nations that are muslim... like Tunisia, Turkey, Syria agreed with me... Along with Yasser Arafat... Disrespecting a woman means to state she is not equal to me or less of a human.. I have not ever stated OR believed that

So don't put words in my mouth

Sure,I think respecting women is calling them maids and ghosts or backwards,what does that say,they are not like you,yeah?Are you a maid,ghost or backward?If called you that,it would be very respectful I guess.

Just re read your comments and see what the adjectives you have used,backwards(obviously ,that points to your being above them) and compared her to ghost and maids.Ghosts are not human beings,are maids any less human beings or are they lesser human beings?
This is the freedom you are talking about I see,he/she who doesn't look the way you want, is lesser.
Again it's a website to propagate the message of Islam to muslims and non muslims,educate yourself a bit and then for your opinions.

jonas1993

Banned
Firstly I said it makes them LOOK like a ghost or an OLD LADY... not a maid...
saying someone LOOKS like a ghost or an old lady is not calling them one.

I apologize if that offends but that is MY opinion. But I will not apologize for my belief or stating them.

esperanza

revert of many years
Firstly I said it makes them LOOK like a ghost or an OLD LADY... not a maid...
saying someone LOOKS like a ghost or an old lady is not calling them one.

I apologize if that offends but that is MY opinion. But I will not apologize for my belief or stating them.

actually everyone is entitled to their opinion ,and to live his life as he thinks,and it is not for us to judge

im only saying think deeply for yourself..at your age,,its easy to be influenced follow the crowd long for freedom

septithol

Banned
Freedom?

As a freedom loving person myself, I'm a bit puzzled by a version of 'Freedom' which would be 'offended' by someone else choosing to wear hijab. The concept of freedom is that you choose what to do or wear for yourself. What others choose to do or wear should not be of concern for someone actually interested in Freedom. Now, I am not a Muslim, and personally, I find hijab to be rather silly, uncomfortable, hard to move in, and think that many who choose to wear it are actually being prideful rather than modest, in that they are attempting to draw attention to how 'holy' they are. But I would no more be 'offended' by what someone else chose to wear, than I would be 'offended' by what they chose to eat. So long as it is not on my plate, and I do not have to eat it, there is no reason for it to concern me.

What does 'offend' me is those who worry too much about what others wear, or pass laws either requiring or forbidding people to wear certain types of clothing. Both laws requiring hijab and laws forbidding hijab, are equally 'offensive' to me.

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
What does 'offend' me is those who worry too much about what others wear, or pass laws either requiring or forbidding people to wear certain types of clothing. Both laws requiring hijab and laws forbidding hijab, are equally 'offensive' to me.

I'm sorry if this would be extremely frank but hope you'll get the message.

Well, since you've admitted publicly that you are a Non-Muslim, then you should not have such offensive feelings towards hijaab. Because this ruling only apply to Muslims. And regarding appearing to be "holier than thou", since this is something with regards to faith that is a deep, personal feeling within the heart, so not everything can be simply understand by the mind. Hijaab [as I'm sure you've read] has a deep connection with the soul and belief also a sign of showing thankfulness and gratitude to Our Creator. So for a Non-Muslim who does not believe in Allaah for a start, would have a hard time to accept this though this *does not* apply to ALL non-Muslims.

Therefore, the message here is, you shouldn't feel offended by a ruling that's only applicable to Muslims eventhough there are evidences/stories of the early true Christians women who embraced hijaab in their life.

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
As a freedom loving person myself, I'm a bit puzzled by a version of 'Freedom' which would be 'offended' by someone else choosing to wear hijab. The concept of freedom is that you choose what to do or wear for yourself. What others choose to do or wear should not be of concern for someone actually interested in Freedom. Now, I am not a Muslim, and personally, I find hijab to be rather silly, uncomfortable, hard to move in, and think that many who choose to wear it are actually being prideful rather than modest, in that they are attempting to draw attention to how 'holy' they are. But I would no more be 'offended' by what someone else chose to wear, than I would be 'offended' by what they chose to eat. So long as it is not on my plate, and I do not have to eat it, there is no reason for it to concern me.

There is no absolute freedom anywhere in the world. In France, you can be jailed or fine if you wear hijab. In US, they will strip you naked in airport if you come with abaya or looks like Osama.... everywhere you go, you are govern by man made laws and rules. If men requires laws to rule men, then God has better rights to impose His own laws and rules over His creatures. If walk half naked is considered freedom then Muslims obey their religion and wear hijab is also a form of freedom.

Hajjerr

He is Dhul-Jalali Wal-Ikram
:salam2: i will say my humble point of view : my grandmothers are Christians but they do weare hijab, you know why ? because are humble womans, modest, with fear of God, that only theyr housband see most of theyr beauty and because they know that cloths are not for fashion or for other to have something to see. So i think hijab even it is a rule for muslim, is in fact a statment of the feminine modesty from any culture, religion or time. Inchallah we will not let the innovations change this because modern times does not mean better times. Inchallah i did not bother anyone :wasalam:

septithol

Banned
There is no absolute freedom anywhere in the world. In France, you can be jailed or fine if you wear hijab. In US, they will strip you naked in airport if you come with abaya or looks like Osama....

I have a problem with a couple of things you said. First of all, I object to the laws in France forbidding Hijab. Secondly, I object to the strip searches in US airports. I also object to the statement you use to support this, that there is no absolute freedom anywhere in the world. The fact that an injustice exists in one place cannot be used to justify an injustice in another place. Two wrongs do not make a right.

If men requires laws to rule men, then God has better rights to impose His own laws and rules over His creatures. If walk half naked is considered freedom then Muslims obey their religion and wear hijab is also a form of freedom.

Well, the problem I have here is that there is, thus far no actual demonstrable, concrete evidence of the existence of any God (or Gods) or what laws he, she, or they, might want human beings to follow. There are very good reasons to think that a God (or Gods) might exist, but no actual proof. So, unless the obeying of 'Gods Laws' is truly voluntary by all beleivers in that God, a forced obeying of 'God's Laws' as occurs in a theocracy, functionally (or De Facto) amounts to some human beings imposing laws on other human beings.

septithol

Banned
I'm sorry if this would be extremely frank but hope you'll get the message.

Well, since you've admitted publicly that you are a Non-Muslim, then you should not have such offensive feelings towards hijaab. Because this ruling only apply to Muslims. And regarding appearing to be "holier than thou", since this is something with regards to faith that is a deep, personal feeling within the heart, so not everything can be simply understand by the mind. Hijaab [as I'm sure you've read] has a deep connection with the soul and belief also a sign of showing thankfulness and gratitude to Our Creator. So for a Non-Muslim who does not believe in Allaah for a start, would have a hard time to accept this though this *does not* apply to ALL non-Muslims.

Therefore, the message here is, you shouldn't feel offended by a ruling that's only applicable to Muslims eventhough there are evidences/stories of the early true Christians women who embraced hijaab in their life.

Aisya: I am somewhat puzzled by your post, you seem to think I am offended by hijab, or a ruling in the Koran that says that hijab should be worn by Muslims. At no point in any of my posts did I say that.

I think you are confusing me with Jonas, who said that he was offended by hijab, and found wearing hijab incompatible with freedom. My position is somewhat different than Jonas's, I am not offended by voluntary wearing of hijab.

What I am offended by are laws REQUIRING people to wear it (this also would include the de facto practice of not prosecuting private individuals who threaten, assault, rape, or mutilate women for not wearing hijab).

However, I am also offended by laws such as exist in France, FORBIDDING people to wear it.

I find the garment hijab rather silly, that is a different matter than being offended by it. There's a lot of things I find silly. Hijab is probably far less silly than the style of wearing pants sagging so badly that the waist is down to one's knees. As Iv'e stated before, I've a need to be moving around. It would be hard to move around in hijab, but even harder with your pants sagging around your knees. If I find something silly, I simply refrain from doing it myself, I don't take offense at others doing it. I have far more important things to do with my time than to worry and take offense at what other people choose to wear or not wear.

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
I have a problem with a couple of things you said. First of all, I object to the laws in France forbidding Hijab. Secondly, I object to the strip searches in US airports. I also object to the statement you use to support this, that there is no absolute freedom anywhere in the world. The fact that an injustice exists in one place cannot be used to justify an injustice in another place. Two wrongs do not make a right.

Pls do not twist my statement, the statement I use to show proof that man feels he has right to rule over another man, why can't God who made you and me (in Islamic perspective). Man made traffic lights, if red I don't stop there will be man in black and white will charge me for breaking the law. Likewise, since we accepted Islam as our religion we have to accept those laws in the Qur'an and Sunnah. If we have to wear hijab, then there is no two way about it. If you don't wear the hijab, wait for the punishment. Hijab can be uncomfortable, hot etc etc... hellfire is hotter and very inconvenience (in Islamic perspective), you like it? Proceed. Now, you as non Muslim you find it silly for women to wear hijab, well it is just normal for every non Muslim. I'm telling from Islamic perspective, we have to follow.

Well, the problem I have here is that there is, thus far no actual demonstrable, concrete evidence of the existence of any God (or Gods) or what laws he, she, or they, might want human beings to follow. There are very good reasons to think that a God (or Gods) might exist, but no actual proof. So, unless the obeying of 'Gods Laws' is truly voluntary by all beleivers in that God, a forced obeying of 'God's Laws' as occurs in a theocracy, functionally (or De Facto) amounts to some human beings imposing laws on other human beings.

I see, may I know since when you turned to an atheist? I thought you told me sometime ago you are belong to a christian sect or sects? Wasn't below statement is from you my dear sister?

"My religion is a combination of Gnostic Christianity and Wicca. My own personal patron diety is Arawn, the Celtic Diety of death, whose attributes (so far as I am able to understand them)".

Unquote

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Jonas,

Please get over yourself. You are really begining to irrate me.

How dare you, you who does not even know himself, say anything to me about the way I dress. Son, you owe me an aplogy.

You say you are 18. Well get some sense in you before you write anything.

You do not know. You can not know. Let me guess..you just left you mama's house and have gone wild.

Now..you are not going to tell me the way I dress is wrong. So be polite and apologize.

We can have a discussion after your apology to me...and let me tell you something young man...when I get on a high horse..it takes a while for me to come down...

Shaikh Arif

I am led by myself

You r led by urself?
WHO R U?
Think in context with the whole universe.
Think in context with all human beings. Present, Past and Future.(billions?)
Comparatively U R nothing.

If each and every one of us is given oppurtunity to express their own opinion and live in their own way, there would be millions of ways. Many of them by way of coming to power (minister, leader, community leader even a small municipality elect) may try to implement/impose their ways on others.
Result of above = chaos

So u see what unresticted freedom can do. Human need one way which is Noble Quran.

By being born in Muslim family (i am talking about all) one gets Islam in inheritance, buts its not enough. To truly become a Muslim, one got understand Whom to worship and why to worship. got to understand the in term of other worldy religions. ( i am saying saying worldly because other than Islam, no reigion has any place in Hereafter.

Secondly, u say that u would not like to see women in hijab, who are wearing with their own wish, as their own FREEDOM. Then why it should bother u. As per ur own views u do not have any right to question them.

R u really free.

:allahuakbar:

Um Ibrahim

Alhamdulilah :)

I was offended with the things Jonas was saying because he, who is claiming to be Muslim is "offended" by hijab and niqab and women who choose to cover themselves. Like I said before, everyone is entitled to their opinions but to call someone else's religious believes "backwards" "ghosts" or the many other things he said, that's offensive not to mention disrespectful. I also think your view of the women who choose to wear hijab is absolutely not true. Majority of Muslim women wear the Hijab simply because it's one of the commandments of Allah and we must obey no matter what anyone else thinks or says about us. I suggest you talk with Muslim women and ask why they're wearing hijab before coming to the conclusion that "most wear it to draw attention to how 'holy' they are." That's far away from the truth.