hijab is a question

lovefordeen

assalaamu alaikum

i asked you your religion because if you really beleive in christianity,then your scriptures too talks about freedom to choose between good and evil...right and wrong...and it too talks about punishment of God,.so dear sepithol,its not just islam which talks about punishment from God,so does christianity..and if you are an atheist,then there's no point in discussing these things with you..

if you read your scriptures,you will find paradise and hellfire in that too!!!!!in christianity paradise is for those who obey God and hellfire for those who dont like in islam...

so basically,islam and christianity talk about freedom to choose between right and wrong..and about the punishment from God...so if you believe in christianity,you have to beleive that God punishes those who does sins....and christians also obey God becaus of love for Him and Punishment from Him..otherwise,there would be no belief in hellfire for christians... and so goes for the muslims....so dont say that only muslims are forced to do certain things because of fear of God,so are christians!!!

and Allah knows best!!!

may Allah guide us all and forgive me if i have said something wrong...

and dear sepithol,as far as i'm concerned,the discussion between me and you in this topic is closed here....i have tried my best to explain to you and so have many tti members..

i pray to Allah swt to guide you...

assalaamu alaikum

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
I am led by myself

FREEDOM IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING ON THE EARTH

and in my view is even more important then religion

:salam2:

Freedom to believe and to behave is the most important. We here don´t try to change yout way to think - only Allah can.

My freedom is use hijab, let Allah led me and wait other poeple respect it too.

:hijabi:

To us you come to here tell you are broud to be sinner. If you are, it is your decision. But we are not interesting about it. Why you even joined here. Tell us that islam is bad idea?

:SMILY309:

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
none of us are at liberty to pick and choose when ALLAH has made his commands. we might not even like his commands, but we are to obey. many of you have never eaten pork, let me tell you: it's amazing!!! but when i was 13 and accepted islam, i understood that this was a command from ALLAH not to eat it and that i can't go over his rules as much as i loved bacon and pork chops. so when people say freedom freedom freedom, yes freedom amongst man, but we muslims are slaves to ALLAH SWT.

mods please close this thread. the sisters are highly offended about some of the posts made regarding their appearances. we cant let muslim women be abused in such a way. also we should try yo avoid starting threads that are going to be debating hijab need or lack thereof.

septithol

Banned
LoveforDeen wrote:
if you read your scriptures,you will find paradise and hellfire in that too!!!!!in christianity paradise is for those who obey God and hellfire for those who dont like in islam...

Hmm. My religion is a bit more complex than that, however I do believe there will be various consequences in the afterlife for the actions and thoughts you have in this life. However, I also think that the consequences (rewards and punishments) in the afterlife for how you choose to live this life are NOT necessarily those which are said by other people, or written in books that have been written by other people. There are great many tyrannical and greedy people in the world who have a good deal to gain by using fear of an afterlife to control other people.

septithol

Banned
:salam2:

To us you come to here tell you are broud to be sinner. If you are, it is your decision. But we are not interesting about it. Why you even joined here. Tell us that islam is bad idea?

:SMILY309:

Hmm, I've never claimed to be 'proud' of the way I dress. I certainly don't spend long periods of time thinking about the way I dress and feeling 'proud' or much else about it. I generally dress in the morning as appropriate for the weather, and what I might be doing that day, then don't worry about it for the rest of the day.

If your confidence in yourself is so small and your hatred for all other people is so great that you choose to label those who don't dress in the same manner as you do as 'sinners', then that is your right. You are free to think of other people however you wish.

But bear in mind, that for this particular 'sinner' at least, much of the time that I could have wasted obsessing over how modestly I might or might not be dressed, or labelling other people as 'sinners', I spend instead giving away about $50- 100 worth of food to poor people every week, or helping orphaned and injured animals. In my ethical system, helping those who are hurt, and giving charity to those worse off than you is of far greater importance than worrying about whether some particular square inch of skin is hidden by fabric or not. And someone would have to commit a far worse crime than dressing differently than me before I would speak to them so rudely and hatefully as to tell them that they were 'proud of being a sinner'.

As for your other accusation, if I were here to tell you that 'Islam was a bad idea', then I would be talking about such things as what a good idea it was of France to pass a law banning hijab. However, I have not done this, rather, I have said several times that this law made by France was a very bad idea, and I do not like it at all.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Sister Harb is my sister in faith. She is a strong and pious woman. She has a heart of gold.

lovefordeen

assalaamu alaikum sisters

i have a feeling that septitol has a fear of being "banned" ,and,therefore,her agenda is to indirectly try to hurt islam by saying things against the hijab;

and try to be on the safe side by not supporting france's ban on the niqab in more than one of her posts...

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
Hard Rock Muslim: I have no problem with Muslims *voluntarily* wearing hijab. I personally find the garment rather silly, but that's irrelevent. If someone else chooses to wear something I find silly, that is their business, not mine. People should have the freedom to wear or not wear what they like.

In other words, you find it silly people wearing hijab but you acknowledge it is their rights to wear anything including hijab. But you will have some problem when Muslims "involuntarily" wear hijab because you feel they are forced. I respect your opinion anyway. Firstly, no Muslims will ever say they are forced to wear hijab because they know Islam is here to protect their dignity especially the sisters. If there is any women feel the religion is forcing them, I normally see two reasons for that, (1) because they do not understand or believe the reason they are required to wear hijab and (2) because they want to dictate what they should do, not God.

Regarding traffic lights, I think it's a false analogy to compare clothing to traffic lights. What you wear does not have any physical effect on others. At most, it affects yourself, if you wear something very foolish like a winter coat in the summer time, or no coat in the winter time. How you drive your car most definitely has an effect on others, if people do not take their proper turns at the traffic light, they can cause a bad accident and other people may be hurt or killed.

It is not a good analogy, but don't say it is false analogy. I intended to give you simple understanding why you have no freedom to choose your own set of laws and why you need to obey laws. For me, traffic lights is a universal law, every countries they have same colours in the traffic lights,.red means stop, green means go. Likewise, Islamic laws are universal laws too, it does not matter you are in desert or north pole, regardless you are black or white, hijab is compulsory. When you ignore red lights, it can cause bad accidents. When women choose to ignore God for sexy dressing, she may also cause a "bad accident", a drunk man or man who can't control his lust may indulge into raping because you give the "invitation for him". Men made laws, red means stop, very simple and people follow men's laws, you obey you are good citizen. God has His laws too, He forbids women to expose her self, pious Muslims women will obey. If she does not obey? She is not pious, simple. You refused to obey men's law, e.g. traffic lights, example you change red as go and green as stop , there will be two possibilities can happen to you. first, bad accidents and/or being caught by the police for breaching the law. But when you disobey God's laws, the punishment is more severe, hellfire, you are burn just because you did not cover, is it worth it? So our sisters obey. Men made laws, you can appeal, punishment maybe reduced. Likewise, God is Merciful if you repent He may consider to forgive you altogether but you must show you are serious by stopping exposing and start covering. You beat traffic lights, you will be punished if only policemen see you. The whole world may be sleeping, but God sees everything you do.. no escape. As such, pious Muslim women knows God seeing you all the time so they obey. The outcome? Jannah.. the paradise and you will have everlasting life in there. Once you are in heaven, then you can have you whatever "free style" in there forever... this is what we are gunning for, not this short term lust in this world.

Again about red lights, I'm sorry I don't have other analogy at the moment. I've chance to interview few whores, I wanted to know how and why they end up doing business under "the red light". One lady told told me it all started with rape, abduction and send to this red light place. Same happned to most of her colleagues unfortunately. These women regardless of their religion are definitely not wearing hijab and they mix socially with everyone before they become women under the red light. This is what Islam wants to prevent. You wear sexy dressing, you give invitation for bad man to rape you. This is not a good analogy I agree, because there are whores end up doing red light business because of poverty and forced by their husbands for money too.

Look at those doing modelling, they are force to wear sexy costumes for money. Don't you think beggars have more dignity then this women? But when I think about it further, at least this women wear sexy costume for money but there are women wear it for free in public.

Regarding my religion, I have a religion, I am not an athiest. I have what are, in my opinion, very good reasons for having the religion that I do. However, I have no *proof*. I cannot prove my religion in the same way that I could, for instance, prove that gravity exists, or that I have blue eyes. That being the case, it would be inappropriate for me to use force to make anyone else live by my religion.

You mentioned you do not have proof God exists, I only hear such statement from an atheist. I quote your statement below:

"Well, the problem I have here is that there is, thus far no actual demonstrable, concrete evidence of the existence of any God (or Gods) or what laws he, she, or they, might want human beings to follow".

So may I ask you this question, why are you here? Do you want us to help you? I believe you know very well, you alone can not change all of us to believe in what you believe. So I believe you are here for a reason perhaps you do not know as well. You looked confused, you mixed up and messed up your religion. Open your heart and let Allah guides you. You can be better Muslim sister if you accept Islam. I did asked you before, tell me one good reason why you can't accept Islam and why are still here if you are not interested? Let's us help you to find the way to God... insyAllah you will not regret.

lovefordeen

assalamu alaikum

brothers and sisters

.septithol's problem is not 'hijab'..she doesnot understand islam..or even christianity,because she doesnot beleive in heaven and hell..so many people have tried to explain to her..

if septithol was here to understand islam,she would ask about islam..not attack the way muslim women dress...

if she doesn't have problem with how nuns dress and calls it okay,then how can she have problem with muslim women wearing the hijab voluntarily...

she says concerning muslim women
" If your attitude in wearing a hijab is something along the lines of "Look at me! I am wearing a Hijab, aren't I a super-holy person and far better than you for enduring such discomfort in order to be modest?!", then I would not call that modesty, I would call that a form of pride. "

and at the same time,supports nuns on wearing the hijab...how can this be...

does she mean to say that a nun's attitude in wearing the hijab is""Look at me! I am wearing a Hijab, aren't I a super-holy person and far better than you for enduring such discomfort in order to be modest?!", then I would not call that modesty, I would call that a form of pride."

NO..the nuns dont feel like that..the nuns wear a hijab as a choice..

how can she have a different view for nuns and another for muslims...my common sense tells me she's attacking muslims...
aeptithol says

''f I find something silly, I simply refrain from doing it myself, I don't take offense at others doing it. I have far more important things to do with my time than to worry and take offense at what other people choose to wear or not wear."

i would ask sepithol to practice what she praches and have other inportant things to do tather than worry about what othe rpeople choose towear or not to.......hihi...

septithol says " I find the garment hijab rather silly, that is a different matter than being offended by it. "

and she says

"I have no problem with nuns choosing to wear habits, or muslim women choosing to wear hijab."

she says its okay for nuns to wear hijab..let her go and say what she said to us to a nun she may not get the polite reply she gets from us muslims..

she talks about "freedom'...

well,muslim women have freedom and we dont need to prove it to her...
it doesnt matter if a section of the society feels we dont...because we are not here to impress everybody..but only to please Allah!!!

i request for this thread to to be deleted as many of us are offended by these attacks and insults on muslim women.

aroud 1200 people have read this thread..so maybe she got what she wanted,to spread evil about islam;in an islamic site..

and Allah knows best

may Allah guide septithol and forgive us all

may Allah forgive me if i have said something wrong..

assalaamu alaikum

septithol

Banned
I wrote:
"If your attitude in wearing a hijab is something along the lines of "Look at me! I am wearing a Hijab, aren't I a super-holy person and far better than you for enduring such discomfort in order to be modest?!", then I would not call that modesty, I would call that a form of pride. "

LoveforDeen wrote:
and at the same time,supports nuns on wearing the hijab...how can this be...

LoveforDeen: I support the right of both nuns and muslims to choose to wear hijab, for whatever reasons they might have. My impression of *some* Muslims is that their motive in wearing hijab is to visually show off how holy they are, which I would consider a form of spiritual pride. *IF* in fact, that is their motivation in wearing hijab.

I've also heard of the same motivation in some nuns, who, in fact, act very arrogant and superior to others. I consider being prideful in being 'holier' than everyone else a very poor reason to become a nun, at least from my own point of view. Some people disagree with me and think that (spiritual pride) is a perfectly good reason to become a nun. But that's neither here nor there, a Muslim has the right to choose to wear hijab, and a nun has a right to choose to wear a habit, regardless of their reasons, or my thoughts (which may or may not be correct) on their reasons for doing so.

The reasons of a person for dressing a certain way, and my thoughts on their reasons are irrelevent, and have no bearing on whether or not they have a right to dress that way. I support the right of all people, including nuns and Muslims, to dress as they wish, regardless of their reasons for it, or my (possibly mistaken) opinions on their reasons for it.

I can't read a person's mind, and know for sure why they dress the way they do, I can only give a good guess, based on their behavior, and what they have to say about their clothing. If someone has a bad reason for dressing they way they do, which can include not only spiritual pride, but such things as pridefully displaying that they are much wealthier than other people, or deliberately dressing in a highly immodest manner in order to 'tease' men, they will answer to God, not to me. Only God knows why people dress the way they do.

LoveforDeen wrote:
well,muslim women have freedom and we dont need to prove it to her...
it doesnt matter if a section of the society feels we dont...because we are not here to impress everybody..but only to please Allah!!!

Just from my point of view, Muslims seem to be highly obsessed with clothing, far more so than other people. You talk about how you should dress much, much more than anyone else I know. If you are not trying to impress other people with the way you dress, why do you discuss your clothing so much? About the only time I talk about my clothing even half as much as most Muslims do all the time is around Halloween, when I am making a fancy costume for myself. And my motivation in talking about my costume is, in fact, to *impress* other people with how clever and creative I am. I suppose that's *pride* on my part, but at least I honestly recognize it as pride. I don't talk and brag about my costume to other people during the Halloween season, and then pretend that I am being 'humble' about my costume.

There are different forms of vanity, the way there are different forms of gluttony. Gluttony is not merely limitted to eating too MUCH food, rather, it is defined by an over-obsession or over-interest in food. Having to have your food prepared in a very specific way is a form of gluttony. Refusing to eat at all, such as those with anorexia nervosa do, is actually a form of gluttony, anorexics have a morbid over-interest in food, in that they are obsessed with not eating food at all.

Likewise, to me, vanity or immodesty in the matter of clothing to me is not defined just as wearing fancy clothes, or not wearing 'enough' clothes, however you might define that, but rather, as a great over-interest in clothing. Someone who spends much of their day thinking about whether they are wearing 'modest' enough clothing has just as great an over-interest in clothing as someone who spends the same amount of time thinking about whether they are wearing 'cool' enough or 'sexy' enough clothing.

LoveforDeen wrote:
i request for this thread to to be deleted as many of us are offended by these attacks and insults on muslim women.

Now I confess to being puzzled, I fail to understand how I have 'attacked' Muslim women. I have repeatedly stated that I support the right of Muslim women to wear hijab, if they do so voluntarily, even if some of them may (I don't know whether they do or not) do so for what I would consider prideful reasons. I have also repeatedly stated that I strongly disagree with the laws in France banning hijab.

Now, explain to me, how is somebody who supports your right to do what you want, and opposes those who make laws banning what you want, 'attacking' you? You seem to be a bit paranoid to me, you want to see everyone else in the world as engaged in some sort of 'attack' on Muslims, when the truth is many of them are content to let Muslims do as they wish, they simply don't wish to become Muslims themselves, and occassionally offer opinions on it that are different from your own.

Having a different opinion from someone, even an unpleasant one, is NOT an attack on them. Case in point: I like cats. There are many people who hate cats, and will tell me the reasons they think cats are not good pets. Some of their reasons, I might even agree with. However, none of these are an 'attack' on me, unless they then state, or take action, that I myself should not own a cat at all. In fact, there are people who LIKE cats, who are engaged in far more of an 'attack' on me than people who hate cats, because some people who hate cats themselves, are willing, despite being very loud about their assorted reasons for hating cats, are still willing to let ME own a cat; whereas there are some people who like cats, who have gotten some strange political idea in their heads where they think that most or all people should not be allowed to keep cats as pets.

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
I'm sorry septhitol to say this, since you are in Islamic forum you should stop criticizing Muslims hijab since some of our sisters here get offended. I don't want you to get banned, I told few recalcitrant the same but they refused to listen and I guess was banned by the moderator. Up to you to listen or not.

Ershad

Maybe septhiol and all "people" who think by choosing what they wear is freedom for them, should see this video to understand whose slave they are. They are slaves to the men who want them to see dressed like that. You can deny septhiol, but men want you to wear what you do. When you go and speak dressed like that, men don't see you points or argument, they see how you are dressed and judge your looks. It is natural. Hijab is both for men and women to prevent unequality in minds, to prevent sins. It is a platform where women can be free from worrying about "how do I look or what men think about my looks" and contribute to society with their thoughts and opinion without them being undermined or judged for how they look. That is freedom. You don't understand freedom. Freedom is not wearing what you will, freedom comes with responsibility. Freedom is a power.

[yt]2s4yG9vDCQA[/yt]

septithol

Banned
I was offended with the things Jonas was saying because he, who is claiming to be Muslim is "offended" by hijab and niqab and women who choose to cover themselves. Like I said before, everyone is entitled to their opinions but to call someone else's religious believes "backwards" "ghosts" or the many other things he said, that's offensive not to mention disrespectful. I also think your view of the women who choose to wear hijab is absolutely not true. Majority of Muslim women wear the Hijab simply because it's one of the commandments of Allah and we must obey no matter what anyone else thinks or says about us. I suggest you talk with Muslim women and ask why they're wearing hijab before coming to the conclusion that "most wear it to draw attention to how 'holy' they are." That's far away from the truth.

Ni'Mah: Well if a Muslim woman chooses to wear hijab because she believes that God wants it, I have no problem with that. If she or anyone else choose voluntarily to wear hijab for any other reason, I have no problem (in terms of being offended) with that, either. Although from what I understand from my conversations with Khaula (KAK) wearing hijab is a symbol of being a Muslim and abiding by a certain moral code, so if that is the case, if someone were not a Muslim, and decided to wear hijab, I would find that to be rather peculiar, as if someone were to put on, say, a black belt when they had not mastered Karate. I wouldn't pass a law against it, but I might mention it to other people, as it would be a rather odd thing to do.

It is foolish to be 'offended' by a garment as Jonas was. A garment is a peice of fabric. Being 'offended' by the mere wearing of a peice of fabric in a certain way reminds me of the reasoning of some people who are opposed to guns, they have the odd notion that guns are somehow demonically possessed, and will magically control the reasoning and behavior of those who own and carry them. A gun is a 2 pound peice of metal (just as hijab may be a 2 pound peice of fabric). It is silly to think that 2 pounds of metal are somehow demonically possessed if in the shape of a gun, yet not if it is in the shape of a toaster, or plumbing pipe. The same with hijab, it is 2 lbs of fabric, the same fabric that could be in a curtain or a blanket, or a cape.

People control their own behavior, not metal, and not fabric. If someone kills someone else with a gun, it is because they are a bad person, not because the gun made them do that. Only a very childish person would think that guns run down the street shooting themselves, or magically control people's minds to turn them into murderers.

For the same reason, it is very childish to be offended by the mere existence or wearing of a garment such as 'hijab'. I may think that there are both good (obeying what you think God wants) and bad (either gymnophobia or spiritual pride) reasons to wear hijab, and be 'offended' by the bad reasons, but that is much like the fact that I think there are both good and bad reasons to use guns. It is good to use guns for hunting and target practice. It is bad to use them to commit murder. In both cases, I am offended by the bad motivations of people, not by inanimate objects.

As for my thoughts on the 'silliness' of the garment, that is an entirely seperate matter from being 'offended' by it. I would personally find hijab to be uncomfortable and restrictive to wear. The same is true of guns, there are some that I think are very 'silly', such as the .25 caliber (less powerful, less accurate, AND more expensive than the .22). But I'm hardly 'offended' by people doing something I consider 'silly'. If someone wants to wear clothing I think would be uncomfortable, or buy a gun that I think is a poor value and functions poorly, that's their own business. My own father is very 'silly' in this matter, he has a gun that is so poorly built that it misses the target half the time when it is only 10 feet away (by way of comparison, my gun will hit the target 100% of the time from 75 feet away). Even sillier is my father's insistence that something is wrong not with his poor quality gun, but with the paper target!!

Now, I am 'offended' by laws either requiring or banning hijab. As I am with laws either requiring or banning guns. But my 'offense' is at human behavior, the laws were passed by people, and I disagree with some people telling other people how to dress or what weapons they can carry. The subjects of the laws, namely hijab or guns, are both inanimate objects, so it is foolish to be offended by them.

septithol

Banned
Maybe septhiol and all "people" who think by choosing what they wear is freedom for them, should see this video to understand whose slave they are. They are slaves to the men who want them to see dressed like that. You can deny septhiol, but men want you to wear what you do. When you go and speak dressed like that, men don't see you points or argument, they see how you are dressed and judge your looks. It is natural. Hijab is both for men and women to prevent unequality in minds, to prevent sins. It is a platform where women can be free from worrying about "how do I look or what men think about my looks" and contribute to society with their thoughts and opinion without them being undermined or judged for how they look. That is freedom. You don't understand freedom. Freedom is not wearing what you will, freedom comes with responsibility. Freedom is a power.
[yt]2s4yG9vDCQA[/yt]

I really don't think that much about my looks at all. And most men generally see my points and arguments within a few minutes of my talking to them, regardless of what I am wearing at the time. Particularly when I do better than them at target practice. Or demonstrate that I know more about some aspect of science, mechanics, or politics than they do. Those men who are unable to understand my thoughts and opinions, because they are unable to think about anything except how I look or might be dressed, are too stupid for me to spend any time with.

I've no interest in dressing in some different fashion in order to try and get such stupid people to listen to me. I once spent a camping trip with some very stupid people like that, the men were very busy worrying about how the other women looked and dressed. They didn't pay much attention to me at first, because I was not dressed very fancily. They DID pay attention to me after about 24 hours, regardless of how I was dressed, because I was the only one with the brains to have brought along any FOOD on the trip. Which I would not share with them, the food was for me, not them.

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
Maybe I'm wrong, I guess hijab is one of the obstacle for you to accept Islam as your faith. That's why among all issues you feel peculiar about hijab. Forget about hijab at this point, have you first solve your very important problem? You need to know who is God first before you volunteer to obey His commands. My folks used to say, you will not love to someone you do not know.

Ershad

I really don't think that much about my looks at all. And most men generally see my points and arguments within a few minutes of my talking to them, regardless of what I am wearing at the time. Particularly when I do better than them at target practice. Or demonstrate that I know more about some aspect of science, mechanics, or politics than they do. Those men who are unable to understand my thoughts and opinions, because they are unable to think about anything except how I look or might be dressed, are too stupid for me to spend any time with.

I've no interest in dressing in some different fashion in order to try and get such stupid people to listen to me. I once spent a camping trip with some very stupid people like that, the men were very busy worrying about how the other women looked and dressed. They didn't pay much attention to me at first, because I was not dressed very fancily. They DID pay attention to me after about 24 hours, regardless of how I was dressed, because I was the only one with the brains to have brought along any FOOD on the trip. Which I would not share with them, the food was for me, not them.

May Allah forgive me if I am wrong and He alone is the witness to what is in my heart.

Look septhiol, first of all, your understanding of Islam as a way of life and the purpose of hijab is very weak. Islam is very very deep concept than you think. Let me first make you understand the concept of a society in Islam and its relevance with hijab.

Everyday during lunch, I see people getting food and after a eating, sometimes, they think they had enough and throw away the rest. Not saying that every non-muslim do that, but there are people who dont feel bad when they do that. On the other side of the world, we have people who would be happy a lot to get that "thrown" away food to prevent dying out of hunger. Your Freedom - gives your people a choice to either throw away your food or give it to hungry people. Islam- Prohibits extravagance. You absolutely cannot do that. You will be questioned if your neighbour is hungry and you are extravagant.

What you would say is its your choice to be or not to be. Now, that attitude of people has what caused all this hunger and famine in the world. In one side there is extravagance and another side, famine. Islam makes people responsible for others, not just themselves.

All the world problems is due to selfishness, selfish people when it comes to community level, selfish countries in world level. Islam absolutely doesn't allow that.

Try to think hijab in that perspective. "Hijab of women" is not just for women. It is for the society. The "stupid" people you mentioned are everywhere and don't blame them, as for your freedom, it is their choice to discuss what they want. Hijab of women helps men to exercise their hijab (lower their gaze). Men and women are like two gears of the whole gear train, one fails - it leads to the failure of the other. Don't blame the men. Don't blame the women. Don't play the blame game. It is the responsibility of both men and women. Just see what are the popular beliefs and stupid comments that become popular due to absence of this sense of "responsiblity". I hear guys saying "blonde women are stupid". They are absolutely wrong, true. But, why let them make or popularize those ideas? If you wear a hijab, they won't even know if you are a blonde, black haired or golden haired or whatever. They won't stereotype any women of any particular hair color.
Feel the responsibility. Then you will understand the concept of Islam. You have to feel it, Islam is like the breath. If you practice Islam, you don't need 24 hrs to make them listen to you. If you practised Islam, they won't be what you call stupid. They will ashamed to make comments at you. Make them feel ashamed. If you practised Islam, you will never have the feeling "the food is for you". If it was a muslim woman, she will share it with everybody even it doesn't completely satisfy her hunger. Because that was the way of the mother of all believers:

[yt]AM8gU_RUT80[/yt] .

There is no individual in Islam (you can be individually talented and skilled), but you should use it for the good of Ummah. If it is just for display, you can dump it in trash.

I hope it puts some sense into you.

septithol

Banned
assalaamu alaikum sisters

i have a feeling that septitol has a fear of being "banned" ,and,therefore,her agenda is to indirectly try to hurt islam by saying things against the hijab;

and try to be on the safe side by not supporting france's ban on the niqab in more than one of her posts...

No, I actually do not support France's ban on hijab. I am not controlled by my emotions, and what I personally might choose to do or not do for myself. It's entirely possible, indeed, very likely in many cases such as this, that I will support the rights of people, such as Muslims, to do things that I might dislike personally doing myself.

You should think that through, before condemning it, and me, as your enemy. The person who supports your rights, or religion, out of pure emotion, simply because they happen by coincidence to personally like or want the same right or religion at the time, is highly likely to change their mind in the future, or disagree with something else you might want or believe, and then try to prevent you from practicing your rights or religion, because they act on emotion, and now find it offensive. And the only reason they supported you in the first place was because they 'liked' or 'agreed' with it, not out of any moral principal. So once they decide they don't 'like' or are 'offended' by what you do, they will try to prevent you from doing it.

The person who thinks with their logic, and supports your rights and religion, even if they don't like or agree with it themselves, based on moral principal, is a much surer ally. They will support your right to your religion, regardless of what they 'feel' about it, no matter what comes into their heads. Provided, of course, that you show them the same courtesy, and let them practice their religion themselves.

Like a wiser person than me once put it: I may disagree with what you say. But I will defend your right to say it.

septithol

Banned
Everyday during lunch, I see people getting food and after a eating, sometimes, they think they had enough and throw away the rest. Not saying that every non-muslim do that, but there are people who dont feel bad when they do that. On the other side of the world, we have people who would be happy a lot to get that "thrown" away food to prevent dying out of hunger. Your Freedom - gives your people a choice to either throw away your food or give it to hungry people. Islam- Prohibits extravagance. You absolutely cannot do that. You will be questioned if your neighbour is hungry and you are extravagant.

My family actually gives away between $50 and $100 of food a week that I find, that is thrown away by stores. So you can't really accuse me of waste (we also eat a lot of it ourselves). Getting the food involves a lot of climbing into dumpsters, which is one of the many reasons I need to wear clothing that lets me move around.

Islam makes people responsible for others, not just themselves. .
It's a good idea if done voluntarily, but an extremely bad one, if forced. It's too likely to be taken advantage of by dishonest, lazy, and criminal people.

Try to think hijab in that perspective. "Hijab of women" is not just for women. It is for the society. The "stupid" people you mentioned are everywhere and don't blame them, as for your freedom, it is their choice to discuss what they want. Hijab of women helps men to exercise their hijab (lower their gaze). Men and women are like two gears of the whole gear train, one fails - it leads to the failure of the other.

I disagree, if a person has control over themselves, how other people dress will not make them lose control. Unless, that is secretly what they actually want to do, and are looking for an excuse to do so. If a person is not able to control themselves, then they aren't a sane adult, and they need to be locked up in an insane asylum, or otherwise need a keeper.

Don't blame the men. Don't blame the women. Don't play the blame game. It is the responsibility of both men and women.

A person's behavior is their own individual responsibility.

I hear guys saying "blonde women are stupid". They are absolutely wrong, true. But, why let them make or popularize those ideas? If you wear a hijab, they won't even know if you are a blonde, black haired or golden haired or whatever. They won't stereotype any women of any particular hair color.
Feel the responsibility. Then you will understand the concept of Islam. You have to feel it, Islam is like the breath. If you practice Islam, you don't need 24 hrs to make them listen to you.

You assume that I'm interested in the opinions of stupid people, or in making them listen to me faster. I'm not. As I said, I wouldn't share my food with them. They had the same information available to them regarding the camping trip we were going on as I did. They chose not to utilize that information with their minds. Their problem, not mine.

There is no individual in Islam (you can be individually talented and skilled), but you should use it for the good of Ummah. If it is just for display, you can dump it in trash.

I disagree very strongly with that. I was smart enough to bring enough food on the trip for myself, for 2 weeks. I see no reason why I should have shared that food with others. So we could all starve together? So what happens the next time, if I starve myself to death for the benefit of other people? Doing so won't have made them any smarter, and they will just do something else stupid in the future and then die, because I won't be there to save them. So I will have died for nothing, basically. What's the point of that?

And again, this whole idea benefits the lazy and the criminal, at the expense of the honest and hard-working.