Homelessness among Muslims...

shaheeda35

strive4Jannah
:salam2:
Allah is so Merciful to us. We have a roof over our heads, food to eat, clothes to wear. He has provided us with so much, Alhamdullilah. As I think about the many blessings of Allah, I think about the ones who do not have what we have. There are people all over the world who literally have nothing, dont know where their next meal is coming from, and sadly some of these people are muslims. I was going to cut/paste something about this, but I have my own story.

I have been homeless, in a shelter with my three children in tow. After my divorce, he told me I could not stay at his place, in other words, I had to go:astag: . Which made it even worse, he is muslim. I had to go into a shelter, and I must say that was the biggest test of my life. Being around non-muslims, afraid of losing your belongings, moving from place to place, Ya Allah! was not easy. They put us in disgusting places, was afraid for my kids to the point of staying up all night so nothing will get them in the night. I literally had the clothes on my back. I went to get help from the masjid, only to receive a voucher for some meat, and sent me on my way, subhanallah.

Alhamdullilah, through prayer and patience that I am out of that situation, and able to write to you from a computer in my own apartment, comfortable and content that Allah has taken me out of that situation. This is my story, but what about now where there are muslims who are homeless and in shelters struggling, what are we doing?? Our muslim sisters are in shelters, in need, what are we doing? When I was growing up in Brooklyn in an all muslim community(Dar-ul-Salaam), everyone was united and together, and knew when one was in need. No one went hungry, everyone gave sadaqa to help each other, it was beautiful, mashallah. We should be doing more to help our ummah. I saw a muslim sister in Niqaab the other day begging on the street around the masjid, and no one helped this sister, they just kept on walking:astag: and these are muslims!!

So what is it like where you live? Is it a big problem there and is the community helping in any way?? I was just curious about this because I have personally been there. Which is it of the favors of your Lord shall you Deny?? Lets be grateful my dear brothers and sisters in Islam that we have the very basics of life that other people are struggling for. We should stop complaining about what we dont have, and thank Allah with what we do have, no matter what it is. Lets be grateful to Allah, for it can all be taken away in a minute. Allah is AR-Razzaq, Ash-Shakur, subhanallah!! Take care my dear brothers and sisters in Islam.
:wasalam: :blackhijab:

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
assalamu aleikum sister
Very touching post...We should be really greatfull for what we have...We have everything to practise our deeen and many of us foget about it ....Yes we have clothes and food ,the place to sleep .....
Hamdulillah for everything....Allah is Most Merciful...
In my area I never seen something like this..We have a big Muslim comunity,but small city.I think its very difficult to live in New York...
Jazakallah khair
waaleikum salam

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Your experinces not only test the core of faith but the educate us to wake up. Your strenght has made your path a shower of roses.Now, it is our turn to show our strenght suchthat other sisters and their children need not suffer.

We have one family on the brink of poverty. The community aids the sister whenever she needs anything.

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)

Very touching story.
In Singapore, sometimes the Buddhist society helping the muslims in giving them money. We also have people asking for money usually after friday prayers.

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Asalaamu'Alykum,

So true! Your story is an example, we need to try and help Insh'Allah.

At the Mosque i used go to there was a sister outside who used ask for money, this Mosque had no section for sisters and i think the person in charge told her to go away and not come back. The people at the Mosque think that they are not truthful etc or they are lieing, or they send the money back to their home countries. Whatever reason you can think of. What actually happend to giving what you can, whether be it small or large, it maybe something that we consider insignificant but it will end up being significant for the brother or sister. And Allahu Akbar, it is pleasing Allah (S.W.T), nothing is better than that.

May Allah (S.W.T) help our brothers and sisters in need, don't forget what they are going through is a blessing and in the end will be good for them. Like your example Sister, it may have had evil reprucussions (wrong spelling) but look at the good at the end. You probably know that anyway. Mash'Allah.

Alhamdulilah

Wasalam

farhopes

No God but Allah
Assalamo alikom

Dear sister Shaheeda, your story caused me pain deep in my heart, specially that the one who did that to you is supposed to be Muslim!!!! I'm sure that he is just a Muslim by name, shame on him!!

Alhamdulillah that He made you an outlet, He is always near and responsive.

Sobhan Allah, just a few minutes ago I was sitting with a lady who has the same problem. The main difference is that we don't have any kinds of shelters for those miserable women here in Egypt. They have to strive hard to feed their hungry children and find them four walls and a roof to protect them from being in the street.

Alhamdulillah, my colleagues at work are very charitable ladies, we could help her till she found a small flat (one room and a small hall). She has to work in cleaning houses to feed her children. However, she is lucky finding good and charitable Muslims who sympathize with her. What about others and others who are compelled to leave their houses to their tyrant husbands and went out to sleep with their children in the streets. It's a big problem here.

shaheeda35

strive4Jannah
I remember being in the shelter, and another muslim sister and her husband moved in down stairs from me, and I was like,Ya Allah! what is going on?? We became good friends for a long while, then I never heard from her again. I just pray for her. I know everything that happens to us is a test from Allah, and it was a big test for me. Its not easy when you dont have any food or money to buy food for your children, it was the time when my iman was extremely low, but I kept praying to Allah to help me. Alhamdullilah my brothers were around, and they helped me. I am not the type to ask people for money, but my kids had to eat, and I had to put my pride to the side just for that moment. This was a learning experience for me, and I make duaa for every muslim going through this, because I know where they are coming from. Its a shame how some people look down on the less fortunate, so sad, but sometimes it is a situations that are beyond their control. May Allah help us all, Ameen!:tti_sister:

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Sister do you not know how your faith shames us. I could not help but weep when I read your story and listened to Amhad Buktair's: Forgive me when I whine' nasheed.
You are a role model for your children and give hope to millions of women to be faithful to Allah subhana talla. You raise the imam of others.

justmuslim

Asalamu alaykum to all

sis your story touch my heart and i'm so sorry this happen our coummunity but it was a test. subhalallah, i really never thought this could happing here in the state. but now on i have to make sure to be aware of and ask the local masjid any situaton like this.
ya rabbi, ya risaaq help our ummah.
thaks for sharing your story it's really eye opening.

wasalamu alaykum wr wb

halah

Ya Allah ,what a horrible tribulations you came through,may Allah reward you dear sister for your patient,you've tauhgt us a lot

Allah, the Exalted, says:

"O you who believe! Endure and be more patient..". (3:200)

"And certainly, We shall test you with something of fear, hunger, loss of wealth, lives and fruits, but give glad tidings to As-Sabirun (the patient)". (2:155)

"Only those who are patient shall receive their reward in full, without reckoning.'' (39:10)

Abu Sa'id Al-Khudri (May Allah be pleased with him) reported that: Certain people of the Ansar asked the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) and he gave them; then they again asked him and he gave them until all what he possessed was exhausted. Then the Prophet (PBUH) said, "Whatever wealth I have, I will not withhold from you. Whosoever would be chaste and modest; Allah will keep him chaste and modest and whosoever would seek self-sufficiency, Allah will make him self-sufficient; and whosoever would be patient, Allah will give him patience, and no one is granted a gift better and more comprehensive than patience".
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

ibnunas

:salam2: :jazaak:
Happiness keeps u Sweet. Trials keep u Strong. Sorrow keeps u Human
Failure keeps u Humble,
Success keeps u Glowing, But Only Allah keeps u Going
A Smile makes us look younger, while Prayers make us feel stronger
:ma: your strenght really is an inspiration to us.

sumaya_graham

Assalam alaikum,

Oh sister you story has really affected me...masha allah. You know we can complain sometimes about stuff that is happening to us and it's nothing compared to what you have said. I feel soo bad sometimes because I'm lucky with quite a lot of stuff but still moan about bad things that happen. I efel ashamed.

I would help any sisters if I knew they were in difficulty. Alhamdulilah we don't have situations like that here where I live in Spain. Muslims seem to be more or less ok economically. There are some beggars (non-muslim) but really they are mostly drunks on the street. I don't like turning people away and not giving something but I won't give money if I think they are only going to spend it on drugs or something.

Keep up the good work sister and insha Allah you will never be in need again like that.

Fi amanillah,
Sumaya

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
As salamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wabrakatuhu

Sometimes I feel it was better, I did not know what's happening to the Muslims all over the world.
I feel I go back to the village - the place where I was born.
I would remain among my people, helping them - young and old.
As I grew up learning about my brothers and sisters
I cry out for them who are suffering all over the world.
I feel helpless as I cannot do anything.
I feel restless as I see them in pain.
My body shivers when I hear them weep.
I cry to Allah - Ya Rabb remove them of their pain.
A day will come of which I am sure.
The suffering of this world will be gone.
We will be in a garden which we cannot imagine.
It will be eternal - forever and all
Brother and sisters lets make dua,
May Allah (swt) grant us Jannatul Firdaus

wa/salam

Asalaamalikum,

Once a beggar came to the Prophet (saw) and asked him for money, the Prophet (saw) said do you have anything? The beggar said no. Nothing? asked the Prophet (saw). The beggar replied well I have a pot. The prophet (saw) said well go sell the pot, use the money and go buy an axe then go chop wood for a living! The Prophet (saw) did not encourage begging.

I've also seen "Muslims" around my masjid asking for money. I've heard some are Gypsies and they just trick people in getting their money. I don't like to judge but some of them I don't even see inside the masjid for praying. I still give money whenever I can.

And Allah Knows Best

farhopes

No God but Allah
Assalamo alikom

As salamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wabrakatuhu

Sometimes I feel it was better, I did not know what's happening to the Muslims all over the world.
I feel I go back to the village - the place where I was born.
I would remain among my people, helping them - young and old.
As I grew up learning about my brothers and sisters
I cry out for them who are suffering all over the world.
I feel helpless as I cannot do anything.
I feel restless as I see them in pain.
My body shivers when I hear them weep.
I cry to Allah - Ya Rabb remove them of their pain.
A day will come of which I am sure.
The suffering of this world will be gone.
We will be in a garden which we cannot imagine.
It will be eternal - forever and all
Brother and sisters lets make dua,
May Allah (swt) grant us Jannatul Firdaus

wa/salam

Ameen, Ameen :tti_sister:

Yes, this world is really a prison for us and a jannah for them. May Allah release us without fittnah and give us relief forever.

Saifu deen

Alhamdullah..

May Allah (SWT) reward you sister for your patience.. Amiin, Amiin, Amiin....

A very short story about an Egyptian lady called ''Umm Ahmed''. She moved from Egypt to Saudi Arabia when she married her 1st husband. Although her family disagreed with marriage, she decided to go ahead and marry that man. She lost contact with her family, and neither her family want to see her again. Umm Ahmed, was a successful Journalist in Saudi Arabia, and during her 13 years of marriage, she gave birth to Ahmed, and his three sister.

One day she decided to visit the dentist because she suffered from tooth ache. Consequently, deadly bacteria reached the right side of her face. Doctors decided to remove all her teeth, and try to stop the bacteria from spreading. Nonetheless, the bacteria reached her left side, which led doctors to remove her left eye completly leaving a huge hole.

When she left the hospital, she very depressed, and her husband decided to send her to London with her three daughter leaving Ahmed behind, for treatment knowing the Saudi government (The hospital caused all this damage) will pay for the treatment and expenses. Once she reached London, she stayed in luxurious hotel in Marble Arch. After the first treatment.

After the first treatment, she asked to leave the hotel because the rent was not paid. She called her husband. He told her ''I cancelled your Visa, so you cant return to Saudi, and I am keeping Ahmed with me. I got married last week. Now you must live in London, and take care of my daughters, hopefully one day I will see them''. At the moment, she was in the streets, lost her beauty, her great job, her son, her husband, and lost her family 13 years ago''.. After a few 3 years in London, with the help of the muslims in London Umm Ahmed was off the street, but the struggle continue''... Her husband claimed compensation on behalf of Umm Ahmed. When he visited egypt, taking Umm Ahmed pictures before and after her medical treatment, in order the egyptian newspaper and embassy help out with the procedure. Finally, he successfully claimed the compansation 100,000$$$. But Umm Ahmed struggle continue, keeping the article that her husband published in Egypt with agony.

I personally met Umm Ahmed, who became a family friend. I really dont know what happen to the islamic values. Therefore, our life can totally change in a matter of seconds, just like Umm Ahmed (a simple visit to the dentist).. Lets say Alhamdullah for what we have, and for what we dont have.

:wasalam:

farhopes

No God but Allah
Assalamo alikom

Yes, we all should say Alhamdulillah. It seems that many people have changed to be strange creatures who have nothing to do with humanity. Husbands and wives live with each other for many years and instead of having mercy and loyalty towards each other, they show the most disgraceful perfidy. What's going on????? I really got scared and alhamdulillah for what I have and for what I don't ........

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Sweet sister, I was trying to explain to a sister the other day that the most complex relationship is between husband and wife. When a man gets scared he takes off running. He runs faster than the wind. He does not want any responisbility at that time. He often feels his wife and family tie him down from a life that is fun and carefree. He does not look back. Women then have to muster up the courage and defend for thier children. Sister, women will pawn jewlery to buy milk for thier children. Women will sell anything they can to put food on the table. They will do without and 90% will not complain. They will sit next to you at the masjid, they are the women on the bus who do not wear make-up. They work hard and smile when they can give their children a candy-bar, a new outfit for school, a day at the amusement park, a day of swimming. These women are not bitter, they do not have time to be bitter. They are too tired. There is an expression here : they rob peter to pay paul...they balance paying bills and remain on survival mode. They put their faith in Allah, becuase everyone else has turned their backs on them.

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
Salaam,

Sweet sister, I was trying to explain to a sister the other day that the most complex relationship is between husband and wife. When a man gets scared he takes off running. He runs faster than the wind. He does not want any responisbility at that time. He often feels his wife and family tie him down from a life that is fun and carefree. He does not look back. Women then have to muster up the courage and defend for thier children. Sister, women will pawn jewlery to buy milk for thier children. Women will sell anything they can to put food on the table. They will do without and 90% will not complain. They will sit next to you at the masjid, they are the women on the bus who do not wear make-up. They work hard and smile when they can give their children a candy-bar, a new outfit for school, a day at the amusement park, a day of swimming. These women are not bitter, they do not have time to be bitter. They are too tired. There is an expression here : they rob peter to pay paul...they balance paying bills and remain on survival mode. They put their faith in Allah, becuase everyone else has turned their backs on them.

hehehe....Aapa I dont agree to that...:lol:
There are men who are like that. But then again there are the other kind, who are soft, brave and agile.
wa/salam