I am new here!

Assalamualaikum to all,

I am new here. Please allow me to introduce briefly about myself.

I was born in a Roman Catholic family. Mom is very pious and very active in church and in a Franciscan group. For some reason I choose Islam to be the way of life. My mom was very furious in the beginning but she accepted the fact now. Currently only me in the family is muslim.

I am married with 3 kids and hope I can get further information from all of you.

Thanks.

BinteShafi

Left long ago
wa alaikum salam wr wb dear sister,

:ma: Allah is the most merciful and beneficent. He has guided you to His Light. :hearts: :hearts:

Welcome to TTI

runayrus

Yearning Slave
Brother/Sister

:salam2:

Welcome to TTI. There a many kind and warm brothers and sisters we have here. Hope you will benefit from this site. Insya-Allah.

:muslim_child:

:wasalam:

IbnAdam77

Travelling towards my grave.
assalam 'alaikum wrahamatullahi wabarakatuh

Marhaba (Welcome) to the family of TTI. Hope you enjoy your stay. Please feel free to start threads, post to existing threads or asking questions. Hope to hear from you often.

May Allah (subuhaanahu wata'aala) keep you firm in His deen and make your life easy and grant you Jannathul Firdaus. Ameen.

Welcome again.

wassalam 'alaikum warahamatullahi wbarakatuh

-brother IbnAdam-

a_stranger

Assalamualaikum to all,

I am new here. Please allow me to introduce briefly about myself.

I was born in a Roman Catholic family. Mom is very pious and very active in church and in a Franciscan group. For some reason I choose Islam to be the way of life. My mom was very furious in the beginning but she accepted the fact now. Currently only me in the family is muslim.

I am married with 3 kids and hope I can get further information from all of you.

Thanks.

You are most welcome sister: :SMILY206::SMILY206::SMILY206:

<<For some reason I choose Islam to be the way of life. >>

I think that Allah swt is choosing Janna(Paradise) for you by his mercy ...I pray that Allah swt gather us all in his wide mercy.

zainab bala

Allah is sufficient.
Wa alaikums salam wa rahmatullah.
All praise is due to Allah who guided you to Islam, i ask Allah to guide your family too.
Enjoy every moment at TTI.
You are most welcome.

shichemlydia

welcome

salam alikoum,
welcome to islam, hope allah swt will make your journey easy and helps along the straight path, ameen,
wa salam alikoum

IslamIsTheFuture

알라후 아크바르-Allah Akbar
Salam Alekum sister..
Welcome to Islam and TTI.. Alhamdulillah am happy to have u as my sister in Islam.. May Allah guide ur family to Islam too.. Ameen :)

yoko337

walaikom salam waramatullah

Welcome sister:SMILY209:, Masha Allah, welcome to your family in Islam, here on tti is alot of sharing knowlegs and helping eather and i hope you will enjoy and fell as your home

jamilah rumias

Assalam alaikom warahmatul Allah wabarakatu

:ma: :ma:subhana Allah , Allah really love you,coz he choice you to get outfrom the dark into light.Islam is a great blessing and it's enought to carry the Banner of Islam.May Allah firm your heart in Islam.

drimi

Qëndrim Ismajli
Selam alejkum
Welcome brother to TTI .Enjoy you stay here and continue ti be strong muslim.
InshALL-LLAH all you family will accept islam make da'wah (invite to islam) to them.
Go ahead brother ALL-LLAH help and reward you. Selam alejkum

Um Ibrahim

Alhamdulilah :)
Welcome to TTI, it's really a great website :ma:,

Hope you can gain more knowledge and more new freinds...wish you the best!

Zaynab123

Subhana Allah!
Asalamu alaykum

:SMILY206: to TTI, it's so good to have you here. hope you enjoy your stay here and have fun:)

wasalam

***Thank you to ALL for your kind welcoming notes.***

As requested, here is my humble story of conversion to Islam.

As I mentioned my mom was very strong believer of Jesus Christ, Mother Mary and God. She still does until today and every morning she will spend her time in the church and chapel to pray for the well being of her 4 grown children. She will also always pray her rosary and read bible. Well, for some reason I always not fond of going to church with her and my siblings except the singing in the church which I love most coz I love to sing. Beside that I don’t feel anything when I am in the church. All I know was that there is a symbol of Christ on the wall and every time I look at the statue and pray, I don’t feel anything.

Being raised in a Catholic believer family and majority of the community was non muslim. I was not exposed to Islam except from the television during announcement of time for solat. When I moved out and stayed on my own, I started to mix with different culture of people and got to know few muslims friends. They told me the wonders of being a muslim if I convert. I can cleanse my soul and have a new life. That’s all I know and because of that “selling strategy” and it met my needs; I believed them and started to give it a thought for 6 years.

My mom did not expected that I would really go for the conversion. She gave me 3 reasons why I should not choose Islam. They are about wearing purdah, 4 wives and no coffin for my body when I die. I gave good answer to her but she reluctant agrees. So, I converted or revert to Islam on mother’s day in year 1999.

In my tiny little heart, I always pray and hope she will be given a hidayah from Allah to be a muslim in the near future as she is a wonderful servant of God. It is not easy to dakwa with her but I am trying also to my other siblings.

Allow me to share also that I received hidayah twice in my life. First was in 1999 and in April last year. I guess I was a stubborn servant that’s why Allah sent more guidance to me. After 1999 I was not changing yet to be a good muslim because I don’t pray. Last April was a hit in my life, a hit that brought my knee down to the praying mat and submit myself to Allah fully. Things happened for a reason, matters that we like may not be good for us and what ever that we dislike may not be bad for us. Allah knows best. I remember HIM only when I am sad but forget him when I am happy. I seldom say thanks to HIM.

At every ruku and sujud I made, at every alfatihah doa that I read, Asyhadu alla ila haillallaah (There is no god but Allah) Wa asyhadu anna muhammadarr rasululullah (Muhammad is Allah messenger) I was weeping for almost 2 months. At every moment I flip the pages of Quran I can actually see the word of Allah, as though he is talking to me. I felt so helpless and worthless. But Allah is so loving, forgiving and merciful, my prayers was answered in October. alhamdulillah

That really have shown me Allah is the greatest. HE is so forgiving and merciful. So long as we ask for guidance and follow his words we can never go wrong and astray from the straight path to his kingdom. subhanaAllah, alhamdulillah, Allahuakhbar….

I am in the midst of changing. I started by covering my hair till chest and have started to perform my solat. It is not easy and need lots of strength and will power to continue but I am grateful and happy with what I am now. 