i dont feel pretty in a hijab

LoveofAllah

:shymuslima1:

Well someone made a comment and now shaitan is taking advantage and its on my mind constantly.

I just dont feel pretty enough. this person is someone i happen to have feelings for. He told me that being muslim is not enough, unfortunately.
That two people need to connect on various levels such as chemistry and interests and perspectives.

Since he doesnt want to get married right now because he has other things on his mind i dont feel pretty enough for him.

Am I crazy to feel this way?

I think im thinking this because once i was interested in a brother a while ago and i didnt know but he was also interested in me. but i ended up setting him up with my friend( i didnt care enough to actually persue it) and when they both got married he otld her he thought i was pretty and he was thinking of asking me to marry him. But he ended up marrying my friend and she is much prettier than me.
since then its always in my head that i dont look pretty in hijab and i took it off for that reason. then i realized that looking pretty outside was just not enough.

and i came back to wearing hijab and i thank allah so much for guiding me back. Is it shaitan who keeps making me feel ugly?
I dont think the brother meant that im ugly.
whats wrong with me?

Amir_of_spain

Please realise that if a brother marries you for your looks instead of your charactor then this can become a problem in the future for the marriage, as there will always be other women more pretty, not to mention a younger generations. Every muslima has beauty, the one with hijab has more beauty as she adds modesty to her looks which enhances her beauty.
True beauty is in good character, a pure heart, a sincere smile, one who speaks good and is considerate. Finally, all beauty is destined to fade except the beauty of imaan, so let us all try to beautify our imaan.

muminah92

asalam walykum
dont let any1 the shytain or any other person move u away from ur religion from ur true deen...alhamdullah u got back to wearing it keep it up and inshallah allah will always be there for u. please allah before any1
may he bless u with the guy u dream of inshallah
wasalam walykum

LoveofAllah

Please realise that if a brother marries you for your looks instead of your charactor then this can become a problem in the future for the marriage, as there will always be other women more pretty, not to mention a younger generations. Every muslima has beauty, the one with hijab has more beauty as she adds modesty to her looks which enhances her beauty.
True beauty is in good character, a pure heart, a sincere smile, one who speaks good and is considerate. Finally, all beauty is destined to fade except the beauty of imaan, so let us all try to beautify our imaan.

Thank you. I'm going to print that out and read it everyday!

Assalamualaikum my dear sister,

Yes, i believe it is the work of Satan whispering to people to tell you that you are not pretty in hijab and Satan whispering to your ears to agree what people are saying. Hoping that your inner soul will also agree and follow the Satan.

Dont worry, You are not alone....some people also received such a remark like you. First, you must love yourself, know who you are and who deserves you more. Beauty comes from within. Like brother Amir_of_spain said.

We wear hijab because that is what Allah commant us to do, for our safety. Should anyone ever give such a remark to you again, just smile and walk away because you know you are doing the right thing. To get Allah's love is much greater than anyone else. Be strong. You are not alone.

Unleashed

Warm greetings, Love of Allah!

Amir of Spain is absolutely right! I reverted to Islam last fall, and began wearing hijab, and the fact is, I feel more beautiful than ever. I was always self-conscious about my looks...always trying to balance style with comfort, and I was never satisfied. Now, however, I wear abaya and hijab and I always feel both comfortable and properly dressed....and beautiful.

Although it is true that inner beauty is what's important, there is no question that the first thing a new acquaintance notices is your outer looks (for better or worse). When wearing a hijab and abaya, however, you are always beautiful to a good muslim man. Save your hair for the special gaze of your husband, who will appreciate both your inner and outer beauty (saved especially for him).

Go in peace and with God's blessings!

muthmainnah

Assalamu'alaikum sister

Dear sister, I think you are much much more beautiful with your hijab now.
Don't you remember what our prophet said; "marry the righteous woman, then you will be lucky" it means, a woman who wears hijab she is obedient for what Allah has commanded her. she is a righteous woman. And a righteous woman is for a righteous man.
Don't you feel happy sister, if there is a pious man wants to marry you because he sees the beauty of your heart. And man who marry you, because of your physical attraction (rather than your iman/faith) I think he is not a pious Muslim.

You wear your hijab because you are seeking the love of yor Lord, not the love of men. Every deed is depend on it's intention, so then if you wear hijab because you want to please Allah then He will reward you much more than what you have done, insha Allah He will give you a pious husband because of your obedient to Allah.
Amin
Barakallahu fiki, ukhty

LoveIslam123

Well someone made a comment and now shaitan is taking advantage and its on my mind constantly.

I just dont feel pretty enough. this person is someone i happen to have feelings for. He told me that being muslim is not enough, unfortunately.
That two people need to connect on various levels such as chemistry and interests and perspectives.

Since he doesnt want to get married right now because he has other things on his mind i dont feel pretty enough for him.

I think im thinking this because once i was interested in a brother a while ago and i didnt know but he was also interested in me. but i ended up setting him up with my friend( i didnt care enough to actually persue it) and when they both got married he otld her he thought i was pretty and he was thinking of asking me to marry him. But he ended up marrying my friend and she is much prettier than me.
since then its always in my head that i dont look pretty in hijab and i took it off for that reason. then i realized that looking pretty outside was just not enough.

and i came back to wearing hijab and i thank allah so much for guiding me back. Is it shaitan who keeps making me feel ugly?
whats wrong with me?

salam aleikum sister

The man who does not appreciate your intellect ,but cares more about beauty
does not deserve you ...
Sister you must be very young .Stay away from the men like that as much as you can .If he cares that you pretty ,then may be one day he will see someone prettier in his opinion and will run after another one..

You need to know your value ,you need to know that by covering yourself you are pleasing your creator,and by uncovering you are just pleasing the eyes and desires of some weak men ..

Beauty is not just in wearing jeans and tight clothing .Beauty is when you conceal it from the eyes of the strangers .Beauty is precious ..You are precious !!!!
Then do not display in such way ,that you attract everyones attention to yourself ...
Remember that all what we do is for Allah only , to please Him only ..

Hope this video can cheer you up !:)

[yt]2tIC1R--dlc&feature[/yt]

waaleikum salam

a_stranger

:salam2:sister
Dear sister believe Marriage is something planned by Allah swt so don`t worry . Everything is our life is risk(i mean bounty from Allah ) we should never rush ....I am sure that you are very much prettier by Higab becauce you are closer to Allah swt. Try to lower your gaze then you will feel light within your heart.

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
Ladies are much prettier in hijab than not in hijab...so this is the mistake the brother did. You should be grateful to Allah for Him to show you the true character of this brother before you commit something very serious with him...now just move on from this episode.

pcozzy

whats wrong with me?

:salam2:

in sha Allah, Allah rewards you with mountains of blessings for making a stand and doing what He made obligatory.

in sha Allah, we will get more of a reward (plus bonuses) for our good deeds that we strive harder to do.

:wasalam:

islamisthesolution

sister dont feel that way its satan whispering . get more closer to Allah and pray alot that He guide you to the right path .

Allah says "and it may be that you dislike a thing which is good for you and that you like a thing which is bad for you. Allâh knows but you do not know."

and says "[60] And your Lord said: "Invoke Me, (i.e. believe in My Oneness (Islâmic Monotheism) and ask Me for anything) I will respond to your (invocation). Verily! Those who scorn My worship (i.e. do not invoke Me, and do not believe in My Oneness, (Islâmic Monotheism)) they will surely enter Hell in humiliation!"

may Allah guide you to the right path .

Asja

Pearl of Islaam

Assalamu Allaicomu dear sister

Dear sister we need to know that the puropse of our hijabs is to cover our beauty and not to show it.The purpose of our hijabs it to hide our beauty,but to show our modesty,dignity,shame and our serving to Allah Almighty.
I love so much my hijab and I am very day so gratefull to Allah for rewording me to wear hijab and to be Muslimah,and with my long hijab I am hiding my beauty like all others sisters too Alhamdulillah.

The propse of our hijabs is again sister to hide our beauty and to protect our selves from haraam looks.SubhanAllah hijab is relly the greatest protection for every women and we can never thank enough to Allah for giving us that reword and way of protection to us.Praise be to Allah,Alhamdulillah.

I pray every day to Allah Almighty to wear my hijab properly,becasue I am afraid on day of Judgment I will respond to my Lord for my hijab and how I wear it,and I pray to Allah that he Inshallah be pleased with me and with all Muslims.

May Allah bless you dear sister and guide you,and Inshallah I will keep you in my duas,and lift the cover from heart sister Inshallah with Allahs will.:):hearts:

Wa Allaicomu Salam Wa rahmatullah wa barakatuhu

Your sister in Islaam,Asja

sunnyhayat

Still trying to increas Imaan
i have seen lot of girls and women who are not mulslims in city of pune in india use something which looks loke hijab regularly. they use it while driving schooters and dont remove it when outside home'

safiya58

I have also a problem... :) with hijab I feel I look ugly and without... well even more, lol...no I´m just kidding

when I was a teen the other kids in the class always made fun of my look I´m turkish and looked diffrent then them...and they gave me the feeling I´m unpretty...

and when I heard others also males of my family talk about artists how pretty they are I even felt much more unpretty...

my biggest wish was to look like Christina Aguilera...

and then I had a dream... I dreamt that Allah is talking with me and He asked me why do you admire her when we give you much more value... we gave you your deen...

even this is just a dream it comforted me somehow.

sister is it not what matters what Allah is thinking about us...? the others can think we are unpretty, we are stupid we are evil... but we should never forget the reason why we are created and who is the one we have to please...

if only good looking women would be precious... then why nobody cares about the models when they become old....? prettyness is not making you precious...!

and how do you know he talked like that....? this is really not fair if your friend let you know about that... would you do the same...? see you are more precious than the one who said that to you... :)

:wasalam:

kayleigh

If any relationship or marriage is simply based on beauty, it will never last, because physical beauty will never last and it is so shallow.

This guy your interested in is just being practical - he's completely right when he says he wants more in a partner than just looks. You need someone who has things in common with you, someone with strong faith, etc. Not just a girl who looks pretty. He also, inside, knows he probably isn't ready for marriage yet. Is he young? Maybe he knows he can't properly take care of a family at this point in his life. Whatever it is, I'm sure it has nothing to do with how you look.

To be honest, I feel like I'm uglier in hijab than without lol but most Muslim guys who practice will tell you they prefer women in hijab because it shows that they have faith (well...this isn't always the case, unfortunately), which is something they find beautiful.