I get forced to sin by my own dad

Salam2You

Lil' Muslimah
I'm so trapped and full of sin when I'm living with my father!!

(My mum likes me being religious, but is scared of my dad so she follows on what he has to say)

My dad forces me to eat haram chicken.. Not only that, I wore a hijab at school once, and he made me cry because of shouting at me so much
(me crying explains he was about to hit me, but didn't)
later on, I had the guts to wear it again and got caught out on parents evening, he then hadn't talked to me for a while then lectured me again...

Now, I am still wearing it and he doesn't know, and I want to skip the fact that I must obey my parents, but that's only if they teach me good, in my opinion and your's I bet it isn't good to let your intentional 13 year old daughter wear a hijab at school because she's proud to be muslim..

Does anybody, again have any solutions or help / hadiths / quotes that could encourage me, because at this moment if I get caught out, he will abuse me, seriously .. :(

Um Ibrahim

Alhamdulilah :)
Is your dad Muslim?

I'm so trapped and full of sin when I'm living with my father!!

(My mum likes me being religious, but is scared of my dad so she follows on what he has to say)

My dad forces me to eat haram chicken.. Not only that, I wore a hijab at school once, and he made me cry because of shouting at me so much
(me crying explains he was about to hit me, but didn't)
later on, I had the guts to wear it again and got caught out on parents evening, he then hadn't talked to me for a while then lectured me again...

Now, I am still wearing it and he doesn't know, and I want to skip the fact that I must obey my parents, but that's only if they teach me good, in my opinion and your's I bet it isn't good to let your intentional 13 year old daughter wear a hijab at school because she's proud to be muslim..

Does anybody, again have any solutions or help / hadiths / quotes that could encourage me, because at this moment if I get caught out, he will abuse me, seriously .. :(

:salam2:

Firstly, is your dad Muslim? if he is, he must fear Allah and you have to tell him this. If he abuses you when you tell him to fear Allah and allow you to wear your hijab, speak with someone in your family who is older than you who can talk with him honestly, if that doesn't work...go to your local masjid and talk to the imam about your situation. Tell him to speak with your father. Subhanalaah, may Allah increase your iman, and stregthen your patience. please be patient and ask Allah to guide your father. May Allah guide you and your entire loved ones.

dna1987

Muslim Guy
MashAllah, you seem to be the exact opposite of most other young Muslims. You want to wear the hijab and your dad is against it?? Crazy. I don't have any solutions, hadiths or quotes to encourage you, but I'll make dua so your dad gets some sense knocked into him (not literally). Please be patient and ask Allah to stay on the straight path. Assalam alaikum.

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
:salam2:wa rahmatullahi wa bakatuhu...

sister,first of all welcome to your family:)i'm really impressed by your courage and love for islam lil sister,mashallah.at the same time i feel so sorry for you:(this is one of the greatest sick things that can happen to ppl when they are not appreciated for their efforts of trying to be good.i hate it when parents do this when they kno they are wrong.

here,i'm afraid you are allowed to go against your fathers wishes.He has to be loved and respected but this is one of the things where he's not to be obeyed.you are 13 now mashallah.what about later when you are older??

you should take a firm atitude about this.pull a brave face(you can cry later)even if you have to cry still act like there is no messing with your religion.it's a lil hard in the begining but ALLAH makes it easy when you are steadfast.your dad's bound to give up when you won't.my parents did,and now they support and help me do pardah from my family non mahrams.when before they thought i was being insulting to my cousins and second uncles et cetra.

so be a brave lil girl.our duas are with you sister.may ALLAH help you,you got the courage,just bring it out:)!!

mohammedmoha

:salah:assalam aleykum. sister be strong, and may Allah SWT make things easier for you. Ni'mah has advised you rightly. another thing, whether your dad is Muslim or not don't have to please him at the expense or sinning. am glad you have insisted on wearing hijab. look for help in places you have been advised and inshaAllah all will be fine.:salah:

saifkhan

abd-Allah
Saalam alaikum warahmatu-llah

mashaa'Allah, alhamdu li Allah
Allah is all seer, inshaa'Allah you'll be fine.

Allah says in Quran, Surah Bakara:
oh you who beleive(Mu'min) when you are in trouble say: inna li-llahi wa inna ialaihi Rajiun.

I'm happy to hear that you havent behaved badly with them.mashaa'Allah
may Allah help you to tolarate things, may Allah give you sabr and may He get you out of this situation soon.

jazakAllahu khair, you'll be in my prayer inshaa'Allah

wassalamu alaikum

Salam2You

Lil' Muslimah
Thank you all so much for your support!! I'm so happy I have people to turn to, this website is great, I will deffo be making dua for all of you, may Allah prevent you from losing your generosity and care for others. ameen.
I will try all the solutions every single one of you have told me, I will never give up inshallah..
JazakAllah Khair, everyone :):):)!!!

a_stranger

Dear little sister : I am very much proud of you, choosing to obey Allah sobhanahu wa taala is the most beautifull thing in life, be firm and calm down , try to talk with your father and tell him you are following your deen,....I pray that Allah guide us all to what pleases him.:salah:

Azizati

salama likoum wa rahamatu Allahi wa barakatuh

Mascha'Alla la kowata illa be Allah
May Allah subhanahu wa t'ala giives hedaya to your father and Saber(patience) to you.
Allah(swt) said:

وَمَن يَتَّقِ اللَّهَ يَجْعَل لَّهُ مَخْرَجاً.وَيَرْزُقْهُ مِنْ حَيْثُ لَا يَحْتَسِبُ وَمَن يَتَوَكَّلْ عَلَى اللَّهِ فَهُوَ حَسْبُهُ

And whosoever keepeth his duty to Allah , Allah will appoint a way out for him ,
And will provide for him from ( a quarter ) whence he hath no expectation . And whosoever putteth his trust in Allah , He will suffice him

At-Talaq 65/2-3

May Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala makes things easy for you
wa ssalam

weakslave

#1. Recite Ayat-ul-kursee often. Especially after prayers. It is a protection for the believers (not to carry it around on our necks or in our wallets, that's wrong and that's shirk!).

#2. Recite the Athaan in your home. If you do not wish to raise your voice in Athaan then play it over speakers. When Athaan is being recited, all the devils leave.

#3. Recite surat-ul-bakarah. It has a profound effect on preserving the home and keeping the devils at bay.

#4. Quite frankly, what your father is doing is disgusting. Never obey him in matters of disobeying Allaah, and if he insists then find ways of fooling him.

I know what could happen if a sheikh steps in, your father might listen to him and appear angelic in front of him but as soon as that sheikh is gone he will go back to attacking his family. And that time it would be worse than previous times.

I don't want to give anyone advice that would break up their family, but Ibrahim alaiyhi as-salaam left his father when his father threatened to kill him if he does not abandon his ideas and returns to worshipping idols.

May Allaah protect you and your mother, and guide your father.

Salam2You

Lil' Muslimah
JazakAllah khair everyone,

also, weakslave, thank you for your feedback it was deffinite help.. I will try that list of what you have shared since it's guiding. But I'm really, really scared my dad may be a hypocrite.. :/

Salam2You

Lil' Muslimah
oh salaam saima
i guess...

but,
he drinks, very angry, ignorant when i tell him about info of islam
doesn't believe Muhammad rasullulah (s.a.w) is the last prophet

no offense but isn't that a teeny bit of hypocrisy? :s

saima abdullah

my life iz 4 Allah
if dont believe in seal of prophet hood he is no more muslim............wait earth quike here........wsalam pray for us

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
oh salaam saima
i guess...

but,
he drinks, very angry, ignorant when i tell him about info of islam
doesn't believe Muhammad rasullulah (s.a.w) is the last prophet

no offense but isn't that a teeny bit of hypocrisy? :s

I am not aware of exactly where you live in England (nor should it be openly mentioned on a public forum). But I know that many islamic centres/masjids across the UK have a good dawah efforts going on MashaAllah. Perhaps you could ask some brothers from a nearby masjid (or the imam) to come speak to your father about Islam.

There are some brothers and sisters here on TTI as well who reside in the Uk. You might want to look into get some help/assistance from them on this matter.

MahyarEL-Prince

Studying Islam...
stay strong , the akhira is better for the believer.. and more lasting .. ALways remember that

and remember Allah will reward you for what your doing right now !! just make your salaah

Allah said in the Quran "Obey your parents, but if insist on you worshipping anything besides me then do not obey them in the matter"
So this is something really bad , your father doesn't even seem to be muslim.
We ask Allah to guide him to islam, and the pillars of imaan.
Keep striving and wear your hijab sister and do all acts of worship,
but if your dad starts to become abusive.. Um starts to attack you then i believe it is permissible to take it off to prevent yourself from harm. Just have the intention of wearing it and when you know you can get away with it wear it.. it's better for oyu and your iman.

BUT if a sister comes here and logically gives you better advise take it.. Im a brother and so are many others who posted here... it's better you seek advice from a pious muslim women rather then a males like us becasue , it's easier said then done..
Just try your best not to eat the haram food :(