I'm a Niqabi!!!

palestine

Servant of Allah
MashaAllah.I am very happy.If people start giving fatwa to you,then you just need to know that these people need to learn the religion well before giving their fatwa.You did it because your heart wants to do it and just stay this way forever inshaAllah. May Allah guide more Muslimah to the right path(at least to wear proper hijab)

Hey sis don't forget to share your experience of being out with niqab and eating with niqab lol. :)

lol. funny you shuld mention that, cause when i was at school and it was lunch time, i was unable to eat my lunch cause it was hard with the niqab. lol. i was afraid i might dirty myself. lol. but i managed to drink the milk, the problem was that b/c i was the first one to wear it in the whole school and city that everyone was staring at me wondering how i would eat. lol. it was uncomfortable to have them look at me eat. lol. and ukhti, there are many more sisters who've told me that they too want to start since now they can. wasalamu alaikum.

palestine

Servant of Allah
JazakAllahu khayran to each and every muslim whose made dua for me, previously and now. and please continue to make dua for me, our city is really racist, so it might get tough but i'm ready for it inshAllah. wasalamu aliakum.

raihana

Wa'laikum salaam ukhti....

Masha Allah.May Allah bless you and may he make u strong in his deen.
I know how hard it is for I have experienced it,I remember when I went to school (14 years)wearing my niqaab how I was being insulted and humiliated...Insha Allah sister stay strong.Dont fall on to them.ALLAH WILL PROTECT YOU SISTER.
LOVE UKHTI FOR THE SAKE OF ALLAH

arzafar

wow! you're one brave muslim lady.
May Allah save you from any harm and keep you steadfast in islam. Ameen

revert2007

Love Fishing
lol. funny you shuld mention that, cause when i was at school and it was lunch time, i was unable to eat my lunch cause it was hard with the niqab. lol. i was afraid i might dirty myself. lol. but i managed to drink the milk, the problem was that b/c i was the first one to wear it in the whole school and city that everyone was staring at me wondering how i would eat. lol. it was uncomfortable to have them look at me eat. lol. and ukhti, there are many more sisters who've told me that they too want to start since now they can. wasalamu alaikum.

MashaAllah.InshaAllah you will get so much hassanats .The best way for dawah is to be an example to others :)..InshaAllah many women will start to follow your footsteps.WEll there are videos on youtube teach you how to eat when you are on your niqab.

The thing which makes you difficult is the hand gloves if you are wearing one.But inshaAllah we will get hassanats for the difficulties we go through :)

IslamicGirl24

Assalamu alaykum.

Oh! Really?! That's so awesome news sister..MashaAllah..:)
May Allah swt reward you and may you remain steadfast on this. Ameen.

Don't worry about the eating thing..you will get used to it soon enough..:D trust me!

Miss Aaliyah

Salam,
Mashallah, you're strong sister. May Allah swt let it be easy for you and reward you for it, ameen. In my city where I live we only have one niqabi too mashallah. Who knows, in future it might become two inshallah (me) :)

palestine

Servant of Allah
Salam,
Mashallah, you're strong sister. May Allah swt let it be easy for you and reward you for it, ameen. In my city where I live we only have one niqabi too mashallah. Who knows, in future it might become two inshallah (me) :)

That's wonderful. mashAllah. jazakAllahu khayran, and nice video as well, watched it. it's a great thing that you became my sister in Islam. wasalamu aliakum.

Amir_of_spain

Asalam wailkium
If you're the only one wearing the niqab in your entire non muslim school, then you be attracting tension to yourself, and also most likely to be attacked either verbally or physically at some stage, doesn't that result go against some of the purposes of wearing niqab in the first place? Isn't covering up suppose to protect you from exposing yourself in the community, but now in this situation it's a reversal and now you're more likely to be attacked and exposed to threats as you already described.
I wonder when this ummah will look beyond the niqaab, and concentrate on greater issues effecting the Muslim community instead of trying to be heroic by making a statement with 'religious' attire.

Amir of Spain

Imad

Walaikoem esalaam agh Amir,

The scholars differ only about the obligation...some say it's an obligation and other say it's not an obligation but mustahab. All the scholars agreed that niqaab is part of islaam. So why discouraging a person who want to Please Her Lord....

It's time my dear brother to throw your way of thinking about the niqaab in the garbage can. This Ummah will never look beyond the Niqaab, because the niqaab is part of islaam.

Fi amanillah

Wassalamoelaikoem warahmatullahi wbarakatuh,

Imad

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
Asalam wailkium
Isn't covering up suppose to protect you from exposing yourself in the community, but now in this situation it's a reversal and now you're more likely to be attacked and exposed to threats as you already described.

:wasalam:

To what extent, should we compromise our Islam then to not be exposed to attacks or threats ?

Sisters wearing an abaya get attacked and spitted on too. Should they stop wearing it also, so that they are not attacked ?

And the purpose of covering up and wearing proper attire is to get the pleasure of Allah swt by following the commands of Quran and adhering to the sunnah of the prophet (PBUH). The purpose of wearing Niqab is to please Allah swt not personal protection.

I wonder when this ummah will look beyond the niqaab, and concentrate on greater issues effecting the Muslim community instead of trying to be heroic by making a statement with 'religious' attire.

And I wonder, How muslimahs not dressing according to Quran and Sunnah is NOT a major issue affecting muslim community ?

May Allah swt grant us all hidayah Ameen

Wasalaamalaikum waa rahmatullahi..

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
Asalam wailkium
If you're the only one wearing the niqab in your entire non muslim school, then you be attracting tension to yourself, and also most likely to be attacked either verbally or physically at some stage, doesn't that result go against some of the purposes of wearing niqab in the first place? Isn't covering up suppose to protect you from exposing yourself in the community, but now in this situation it's a reversal and now you're more likely to be attacked and exposed to threats as you already described.

Wa-alaykum salaam

The purpose of Niqaab is to be closer to the Qur'aan and Sunnah and to obey Allaah's command to cover up to a level which makes the individual content.

People get verbal abuse with just the hijaab in some places, should the hijaab also be abandoned? This is where your argument eventually leads to if we were to take it further, inherently flawed.

Ridiculous.

- Who are you to judge the sisters niyyah in saying she is trying to appear heroic?
- What are you implying by placing the word religious in inverted commas? Niqaab is recommended at the very least, why do you appear to have a problem with the Sunnah?

I wonder when people like yourself will recognise that the success of the Ummah lies in following the Qur'aan wa Sunnah, even if your interpretation of that doesn't convince you niqaab is a necessity does that give you the right to look down on those who wear it?

What greater issues are you referring to? What do you want the sister to do? Enlighten me.

revert2007

Love Fishing
When Muhamad pbuh accepted Islam and later on his wife accepted Islam,they went through hard time as well.He pbuh went through a lot of danger and humilation for the sake of Allah.Yet he pbuh became a good example for others to follow.

Sister Palestine might be the only sister wearing niqab but inshaAllah it will change soon or later.Someone should take the first step.Humans loves to follow what others do and they don't really dare to be the first in doing any action.

Even without wearing niqab Muslim women are being killed.So there is no difference at all.Everything has been destined by Allah.IF hijab or niqab is a danger for women then there should be a verse saying that "take of your hijab when there is a danger" but there is no such thing mentioned in quran except ordered your wives and wives of the muslim men to wear khimar.

Are we going to give up our religion for these people who Allah is angry with?We are suppose to fear Allah.

Sister,never ever give up your faith for any reason.I went throug the same thing but finally people will realise that they have better job to do.Do what your heart wants you to do and never ever do what syaitan or others want you to do.

safiya58

And I wonder, How muslimahs not dressing according to Quran and Sunnah is NOT a major issue affecting muslim community ?

May Allah swt grant us all hidayah Ameen

Wasalaamalaikum waa rahmatullahi..

:salam2:

a sister without hijab is still a muslim aslong she agrees she is commiting a sin.... but we should not judge people... a teaching of humbleness is that nothing is ultimate. Because only Allah knows how someone will end up but not we! the problem is we criticize the shortcommings of others but what about our wrongs....? And what about our actions....? Do we exclude others among us because of their "faults" or do we strive to give dawa to them...?

and no it is not a major issue! (women wearing no hijab) it is for sure a problem but only of the sister who is not wearing hijab.... there are other major issues affecting the ummah much more....

oh and sister palestine, :ma: very great news from you. May allah reward you and bless you sister for your decision. Inshaallah you will be a model for other sisters.

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member

a sister without hijab is still a muslim aslong she agrees she is commiting a sin.... but we should not judge people... a teaching of humbleness is that nothing is ultimate. Because only Allah knows how someone will end up but not we! the problem is we criticize the shortcommings of others but what about our wrongs....? And what about our actions....? Do we exclude others among us because of their "faults" or do we strive to give dawa to them...?

Walaykumsalaam waa rahmatullahi respected sister,

I would like to clarify that my post wasn't to judge the sisters based on her actions. And I agree with everything that you have written in your post above. However, I was trying to convey something else with my post. My apologies to you and other sisters, if the post seemed judgemental.

Rather my post was on the topic of muslimahs following the practice of dressing according to Quran and Sunnah *in general*, rather than pointing at any particular person with or without hijab.

and no it is not a major issue! (women wearing no hijab) it is for sure a problem but only of the sister who is not wearing hijab.... there are other major issues affecting the ummah much more....

I respectfully disagree, dear sister. Though I don't intend to make this post like a lecture or something similar, I would need to provide the evidence to justify what I have mentioned.

We already know about the verse of the Quran with regards to Hijab. Al-Ahzaab Verse 53 & Al-Noor Verse 31.

Hadeeth :

On the authority of Abu Huraira, the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “During the last days of my ummah there will be women who are clothed but naked, with something on their heads like the humps of camels. Curse them, for they are cursed.” Another hadeeth adds: “They will not enter Paradise or even smell its fragrance, although its fragrance can be detected from such and such a distance.” [Muslim]

Usaamah ibn Zayd said: “The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) gave me a thick Egyptian garment that was one of the gifts given to him by Duhyat al-Kalbi, and I gave it to my wife to wear. He said, ‘Why do I not see you wearing that Egyptian garment?’ I said, ‘I gave it to my wife to wear.’ He said, ‘Tell her to wear a gown underneath it, for I am afraid that it may describe the size of her bones.’” [Narrated by al-Diyaa’ al-Maqdisi in al-Ahaadeeth al-Mukhtaarah, 1/442]

I think the above is evidence enough regarding to the importance of hijab.

If members of any Islamic community, begin to sidestep/ignore/devalue the practice of an obligatory act supported from Quran and Sunnah of Prophet (PBUH), it does become a major issue for the muslim community as a whole.

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
My apologies to sister palestine for dragging her thread into a discussion on importance of Hijab.

I would like to congratulate you, sister palestine. You have done something commendable and praiseworthy in following command of Allah swt and seeking his pleasure.

May Allah swt make everything easy for you Ameen

May Allah swt grant us tawfeeq to make strides in our deen and practice our deen properly according to Quran & Sunnah. Ameen

saif

Congratulations sister Palestine and may Allah strengthen you in your decision and may Allah now keep you away from the thoughts, like the following, that now you are the only one purified and all other not wearing niqaab are sinners:

a sister without hijab is still a muslim aslong she agrees she is commiting a sin....