I'm so confused

AmeliaJohnson

Convert sister....
:salam2:
I hope everyone is in good health. I am so confused right now. I've been getting asked about which group of islam i belong to? Same happens when i meet other muslims here. I want to ask? Are they any groups in islam? so confused? i thought this was one and only religion but different groups????
Anyway as i dont know arabic at all i am starting to learn it so that i pray 5 times. And i'm also learning small aaya's of Quran.
But plz tell me about those groups people keep bugging me about?

:wasalam:
Amina

zbhotto

Banned
You can think about Hanafi

I advise you to be in Hanafi Group. For the beginner Hanafi Mazhab is the most convenient. You might also say I am just muslim i.e., I pray according to the way Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) prayed with absolutely no difference.

Be patient. May ALLAH (SWT) help you.

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member

I am not really sure if they are talking about sects or school of thoughts.. The above mentioned is school of thought of renowned scholars in Islamic history.

If its sect, then you are a 'Sunni' Insha'Allah.. the one who follows the Sunnah of the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) along with the teachings of the Quran.

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
For your Islam to be *correct* you have to follow two things

1. The Qura'an
2. The Sunnah (the way) of The Prophet (pbuh) which is influenced by the laws and commands of the Qura'an and any other divine inspirations granted to The Prophet (pbuh) as a blessing from Allah (swt)

A person who adheres to these two things in *entirety* with *full faith*..is someone who is upon *the manhaj (method or "curriculum") of the Sunnah* or shortly dubbed as *Sunni*..per the statement I made in the beginning..then you want to earn knowledge and learn constantly to be a *Sunni* :)

May Allah bless you and guard you dear sister

revert2007

Love Fishing
i suggest that u just stick to Quran and Sunnah.some peole with different scholar say the feet is not awra but the prophet said it is awra.so ur SUNNI MUSLIM.u follow the Quran and the sunnah of prophet Muhammad pbuh.
if u come accross any person who is shiah plz be aware of this.they call themselves muslim but actually they are kafir coz who ever do not follow prophet Muhamad is not a muslim.Thats the reason whne u say the shahadah u admitt Muhammad saw as the servant and messenger of Allah.

all iranians are shiah and some part of iraq is shiah.so be aware of these things.iranian women wear small hijab and only cover partly.the infront hair can be seen.

FreedomFighter

all iranians are shiah and some part of iraq is shiah.so be aware of these things.iranian women wear small hijab and only cover partly.the infront hair can be seen.

not all iranians are shiee, but most of them are.

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
:salam2: sister,

actually its a very intelligent question.

yes as u r new; "groups" things can really confuse you.

but u dont worry over all this. just follow Quran and sunnah. (u r called sunni).

then for Islamic fiqh, u may follow shafi/hanafi school.(u r called sunni shafi or sunni hanafi).

PS: nation of islam, shia, ahmediya, qadariya, khawarij, mutazila, etc are deviated sects.

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member

not all iranians are shiee, but most of them are.

I'll second this..Shias do make a *huge* majority..but there's a small number of people who are of Ahlul-Sunnah (May Allah protect them from the torments of those who abuse them)..and there are also followers of other religions..infact..there are..Jews..Christians..Bahai'is..and Zoroastrians in Iran

Sister Amelia..for now..worry about taking the baby steps for accomplishing the most imporant things (like prayer and getting used to the idea of *fasting*..as Ramadhan is about a month away!)..and also focus on learning *tawheed*..reading The Qura'an and getting acquainted with the Sunnah..set the issue you're asking about aside just for a tad bit of time..and trust me once you acquire the knowledge necessary you will claim to be a *Sunni* not because you read so on TTI but because you will *wholeheartedly* believe that that's the correct adherance for you in this life and the one after :)

AmeliaJohnson

Convert sister....
All ur replies helped a lot :D
*not so confused anymore.* Anyway i am a sunni i guess cuz i DO believe in Allah and Prophet Muhammad...So yes i am sunni.
About the shia people??? I should beware of them rite?? cuz i really dont wanna be on the wrong side. How can i recognize a shia?? I mean what are there usual signs? I mean they might think im an easy target as im a convert so that they can easily convince me to join the shia society :(
So what should i do then?

Anyway thnx again my dear brothers and sisters!

Amina...

FreedomFighter

About the shia people??? I should beware of them rite?? cuz i really dont wanna be on the wrong side. How can i recognize a shia?? I mean what are there usual signs? I mean they might think im an easy target as im a convert so that they can easily convince me to join the shia society

maybe brother abdalillah will give you link, then inshaAllah you can understand better how they (shiee) are like.if this is any help.

cookiedough-123

sister

this is the big problem when it comes to people reverting we learn such new things. sects , scolars etc.

the main thing is that we follow our last prophet muhammad pbuh
and that we use the quran as our guide. like the sisters have sed.

one i think that no one should say she should follow a certain scolar cause the 4 only have a little simualites from each other and they are all correct . . its best not to confuse her as it will not make sense for her. and we surely want to make it easy for our sister to understand. its best she learns about figh and inshALLAH that will help ur understanding of the little bits that will clear the confusin part. the quran and sunnah is the right way inshALLAH u will stay on this path. i love to say that we are one ummah.
take it in steps sister it can be hard and confusin but inshALLAH u will get there. inshALLAH :tti_sister:

do

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
Just tell them you are follower of Qur'an and the Sunnah. Sects and cults are not only a diseased in Islam but also in every religions that I know.

massi

*not so confused anymore.* Anyway i am a sunni i guess cuz i DO believe in Allah and Prophet Muhammad...So yes i am sunni.
About the shia people??? I should beware of them rite?? cuz i really dont wanna be on the wrong side. How can i recognize a shia?? I mean what are there usual signs? I mean they might think im an easy target as im a convert so that they can easily convince me to join the shia society :(

Amina...
Assalam Alaikom

1*learn about the pure Islam and don't waste time about other sects :SMILY335::SMILY335::SMILY335:
2* talking about sects is too long , not just a short answer !!! but the most important thing is learn about the pure Islam :lol:
3*Islam has showed us the right path in his teaching and warning us from the wrong ways so it's a based on the Quran and Sunna not by guessing which one is the right !!!
Muslim's attitude towards the differences between various parties and groups​
What should the Muslim's attitude be towards the differences that are widespread between various parties and groups?.

Praise be to Allaah. What he must do is adhere to the truth which is indicated by the Book of Allaah and the Sunnah of the Messenger (blessings and peace of Allaah be upon him), and his friendship and enmity must be based on that. Any party or group that goes against the truth, he must disavow himself thereof and not agree with it. The religion of Allaah is one: it is the straight path, it is worship of Allaah alone and following His Messenger Muhammad (blessings and peace of Allaah be upon him).
What every Muslim must do is adhere to this truth and follow it; it is obedience to Allaah and following His sharee’ah which was brought by His Prophet Muhammad (blessings and peace of Allaah be upon him), being utterly sincere to Allaah in doing so and not devoting any act of worship to anyone other than Him, may He be glorified and exalted. Every group that goes against this and every party that does not adhere to this belief, he must distance himself therefrom and disavow himself of it and call its people to the truth on the basis of shar’i evidence and with kindness, and he should seek out useful means of doing so to show the truth to them clearly. End quote.

Majmoo’ Fataawa Ibn Baaz (27/327)

AyeshaL

Salaams sis,

I encountered the same problem very quickly after I'd reverted and I know it can be very confusing! I think one of the reasons why everyone is so keen to add another label to people is because born Muslims tend to be born into a 'school of thought' as discussed above and so therefore naturally follow it. As a revert its confusing because you dont want to join another group - you just want to be a Muslim! Some advice from my own experience I'd like to share with you;

* Follow the Qur'an and Sunnah - if you're not sure of what you're being told by a scholar / lecturer / bro/sis - ask them for a reference and check it out yourself! Look at the context and check a few translations if you dont speak Arabic yet - make sure it sounds right to you and is in keeping with what you know about Islam. This is backed up by the fact that the scholars who the main schools of thought are named after all said (please correct me if I'm wrong!) that if what they had said was found to contradict something in the Qur'an...then we should ignore what they had said and do what the Qur'an had instructed us!

* Allah gave you a brain for a reason - use it! Listen to everyone but work it out for yourself. You are accountable for your own actions so make sure you can answer why you think / do something with an answer other that 'so and so told me to'! (obviously excluding Allah (SWT) and Muhammad (pbuh))

* Remember Islam is about BALANCE! Keep in the middle path - keep focussed on the big things first that everyone agrees on. It only tends to be specific things people have different opinions on.

* Remember the first revelation to Muhammad (pbuh) - READ! If I'm ever stuck with what I'm reading, I come on here and ask a question because alhamdulilla you get some discussion, brothers and sisters can provide you with references, and its in a group gathering so you can compare the arguments / suggestions and make an informed decision.

You will be fine inshaAllah. Your intention is in the right place - marshaAllah - just ask Allah to guide you :)

Wasalaam Ayesha

Fatima S.Ar

Happiness = Islam

Amina...

Ok my dear , our prophet PBUH said what means : this islamic ommah will be divided into more than 60 sections ( groups ) all of the are in the hell ( coz they are wrong ) except ONE group is in the paradise . His companions asked him : who is this group ? he said : who followes Qur'an and my and my companions' way .
that means who follow Qur'an & Sunna ( prophet's way ) and they are called Sunni .

as I know all the new Muslims are Sunna coz they seek for the right way and they found that Islam is the right way , Sunni represent Islam but sheia and others cannot invite ppl to Islam coz no one will believe them .

their signs for eg . the dont pray on the time , they do strange actions in prayers ,and they pray alone as well as they Slang the companions and slang Aisha & Hafsah ( prophet's wives ) .. and sooo strange things .

May Allah help you
how is ur mom , I wander about her ?

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
iranian women wear small hijab and only cover partly.the infront hair can be seen.

Assalamu Allaicum dear sister

I apologise but I am in need to corect you and InshAllah that you will not mind it for the sake of Allah.

Many Muslim women in Iran are wearing thier hijab on the right way Allhamdullilah. What means that they wear it on the proper way.

May Allah guide us all

doctor38

Hi
Don't let the Muslims confuse you? just follow the Quran and the Sunnah. You need to believe in 6 article of faith and perform the 5 pillars of Islam. Worship god like you see him, if you don't see him (no one does) than HE DOES SEE YOU.

Keep it simple, ask people you trust. AVOID ANY THING THAT SOUND SIMILAR TO STUFF YOU HATED IN CHRISTIANITY. If some one try to imply some sort divine or extraordinarily status to a person (like Shia or Sofism) reject it.

If you are confronted with something you can't understand or sounds bewildering to you ask your self,IS THIS RELEVANT TO ME. Chances are if they are not in 5 pillars of Islam or not in articles of faith than you can do with out it. If it was important it would have been included. KEEP IT SIMPLE

finally but not last remember this لا يُكَلِّفُ اللَّهُ نَفْسًا إِلا وُسْعَهَا Quran (2:286) which means " Allâh burdens not a person beyond his scope"

Different schools of feqah are acceptable and expected. 1400 years of history will result in rich and diverse opinion. even in this regard keep it simple.

allah is with me

Rabana Wa laqal Hamd
oh sister...
i say there are no groups in islam.....
but, some people, make thier own groups,being muslims....
but islam, is aware of such things...
we all should be unified...
never, should have groups...
we all are sunnis.....
dont listen to those people,who have groups...
all the companions of prophet muhammad (s.a.w) ob`obeyed ! group, an that was sunnih...

zbhotto

Banned
Prophet answered you long ago

Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) had replied your question as follows,

''If you are confused about what sect to follow then follow the largest sect''.

He (SAW) also said,

''If you follow the small tiny sects among the future generation muslims your fortune will be like that of a sheep/lam who is out of his flock (i.e., would be the prey of fox and other carnivorous animals) ''

In other words those unfortunate will be in the Hell fire.

From this hadith we learned the Prophet Muhammad PBUH clearly confirmend that the largest number of his follower will be on the right path until the day of Judgement.

I cannot give you the reference. As you know we are not scholar. But believe me this is a Hadith. If any one can give reference of the above hadith please do so. Authenticity is very important.

Mashallah, the Sunni constitutes 85-90% of todays musilms.

SO be a sunni without any hesitation. I told you earlier to be a Hanafi.