Introducing myself!

Munawar

Striving for Paradise
Dear brother Nick, Assalaam-o-alikum (peace be upon you),

Welcome to this forum TTI. It is great to have you here.
We have many people here who are well learned and they can be of great help, we also have many members from UK, several of them are from Manchester too. I am sure they will post their messages and may even PM you as they login.

If you have a desire to truly find your creator then believe me He will guide you towards him.
Wassalam.

roshan1

hi nick
I am roshan new to this site I am a muslim but like you have searched a lot and finally with almighty grace i have become muslim. Hope almighty may bless you with wisdome and true path of success. I am a PhD sutedent in microbiology I wonder how the tiny creature is able to live ... it make me remember almighty,the creator. Regarding the divinity of Jesus I suggest you to go through the book "The true message of Jesus". here is the link: slamicbulletin.com/services/all_ebooks_p1.aspx free books
its free you can download and read. it gives really clarification to your questions. Inshallah Almighty may belss you.

ManchesterNick

Thank you everyone for your contributions. All of the resources you've given me will be valuable. I'll be active, but probably not that active on this forum over the next couple of weeks whilst I thoroughly read the Qur'an. One person from Manchester has already contacted me, if there is anybody else from Manchester as well around on here, let me know!

Thank you again.

BinKhadija

An Akhu
Thank you everyone for your contributions. All of the resources you've given me will be valuable. I'll be active, but probably not that active on this forum over the next couple of weeks whilst I thoroughly read the Qur'an. One person from Manchester has already contacted me, if there is anybody else from Manchester as well around on here, let me know!

Thank you again.
Hello Nick,
Peace be unto you.

Welcome to TTI Forum pal! I hope and pray you benefit from your stay here as me any many others do, God willingly. Should you have any questions don't hesitate and ask for help. Here we've many knowledable people. You won't be disappointed. :)

In the end, I'm your follow Mancunian! Let me know if I can help you with anything - either online or in-person, brother.

salahdin

Indeed all the praises is due to Allah, we praise him and we seek his assistance and forgiveness, and we seek refuge in Allah from the evil of ourselves and our bad deeds, whoever Allah guides there is none that can misguide him and whoever is leads astray there is none that can guide him,

Whoever Allah wishes good for he guides him to islam? I hope you will be the one of them nick.

I just want to say read the HOLY QURAN and you will believe Muhammad and ISA (Jesus) peace be upon them, were ALLAHS prophets. There is no chance that WE muslims did copy the old and the new testament its would be impossible but it was revealed through our beloved prophet Muhammad Peace and ALLAHS blessing be upon him . Read his biography too.

Alphonse de Lamartine

(1790-1869) French poet and statesman.

Philosopher, orator, apostle, legislator, warrior, conqueror of ideas, restorer of rational dogmas, of a cult without images; the founder of twenty terrestrial empires and of one spiritual empire, that is Muhammad. As regards all standards by which human greatness may be measured, we may well ask, is there any man greater than he?”

from Histoire De La Turquie, Paris, 1854, vol. II, pp. 276-277

Reverend Bosworth Smith

(1794-1884) Late Fellow of Trinity College, Oxford.

“… he was Caesar and Pope in one; but he was Pope without the Pope’s pretensions, and Caesar without the legions of Caesar. Without a standing army, without a bodyguard, without a palace, without a fixed revenue, if ever any man had the right to say that he ruled by a right Divine, it was Mohammed; for he had all the power without its instruments and without its supports.”

[Mohammed and Mohammedanism, London, 1874, p. 235

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
BrotherInIslam7, many thanks for that youtube playlist, I've watched one and a bit of those videos and they're very interesting, although do not discuss Jesus as a prophet. Are there any videos that do?

Hello Nick, :)

My apologies to you too for not getting back to you earlier. I am delighted that you find those interesting. Abdur Raheem Green reasons very well and most of what he speaks is easy to comprehend and interesting at the same time. Masha'Allah (whatever Allah wills)..

With regards to Jesus as a prophet in Islam, I recommend :-

Jesus: A prophet of Islam Part 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMCd-sqrW4g

Jesus : Beloved prophet of Islam Beginning of Lecture

^^ You can find the successive parts of the second lecture series in the information box of the video.

I hope you enjoy the videos that I have recommended you. Please feel free to ask for more resources or any questions that you may have. :)

I wish you all the best and I pray that Almighty God grants you the right guidance Ameen. :)

Peace :)

abulzan07

Heloo Nick Wish you best of Luck for your search for Truth...... M basically from rival Group Scouserland and I know many reverts from Liverpool and Few from Manchester if you wanna meet up with them .......If you wanna ask any que bout islam or muslim please feel free to ask ..........you are most welcome

BinKhadija

An Akhu
Congratulations pal!! :)

Now, try to sorround yourself by good Muslims in both real and online life, and keep learning at your own pace.

May God help us and keep our faith strong.

BinteShafi

Left long ago
Allah o Akabar !!!

Masha Allah...That was very quick brother..I mean the other day you were unsure about Prophet Muhammad (Peace be Upon Him) and Jesus (Peaace be Upon him). Subhan Allah, Allah guided you towards HIS light.

I am very very happy Alhamdolillah. Thanks for sharing the news :hearts::hearts:

Very Welcome to Islam my brother. May Allah make learning and practice easy for you,

Asslam u Alakium

BinteShafi

Left long ago
Hi everyone,

I accept Muhammed as a great man, but I have not decided whether or not he is God's final prophet. I similarly can't decide whether or not Jesus was a prophet or son of God.
Nick.

Brother Can I ask a question ?

I would love to know that, how did you find the truth. When and how the above question in your mind got answer. Was that any verse in Quran?

I am very much curious to know...

Jazak Allah (May Allah give you good reward)

revert2007

Love Fishing
.mashaAllah..

Allahu Akhbar,
Allahu Akhbar,
Allahu Akhbar,

May Allah Grant you the highest level of Jannah-Firdaus
Be a good muslim and guide others as well to the right path.
Am so happy for u and May Allah continuously give you happiness and guide you to His right path.
Ameen....
:SMILY259::SMILY259::SMILY259:

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
:salam2: dear new brother in islam.

MASHALLAH
i'm so so happy for you.welcome to the islamic family.

:wavyarms::wavyarms::wavyarms::wavyarms::wavyarms::wavyarms::wavyarms::wavyarms::wavyarms::wavyarms::wavyarms::wavyarms::wavyarms::wavyarms::wavyarms::wavyarms::wavyarms::wavyarms::wavyarms::wavyarms::wavyarms::wavyarms::wavyarms::wavyarms::wavyarms::wavyarms::wavyarms::wavyarms::wavyarms::wavyarms::wavyarms::wavyarms:

May u gain the highest place in jannah.:tti_sister:

MABROOK bother,keep firm and keep praying to ALLAH to make this more easy for u.:salah:

drmoka

:bismillah:
:shahadah::shahadah:
:allahuakbar::allahuakbar::allahuakbar::allahuakbar::allahuakbar::allahuakbar:
hello my dear brother nick i thank allah who guided you to the right path
my name is mohamed & i am amedical student from egypt
if you studied embryology & gynecology ,i wish to watch this 2 videos &
you will be very very very very very sure that mohamed (pbuh) is aprphet from god i ask allah to inncrease your iman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txeb...1049D3339&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=7
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8civaY_Qt4&feature=PlayList&p=6F8B3AD1049D3339&index=6
also read this medical article
http://www.quranicstudies.com/artic...uran-plagiarise-ancient-greek-embryology.html

nizar83

peace be upon you

Hi everyone,

To give a brief introduction to myself: My name is Nick and I'm a medical student at the University of Manchester in the UK. Up until the age of 15 I was an atheist through and through, but then after a bit of a health problem (nothing serious (nor anything exciting!)) I had a complete epiphany of my life from religion through to career: I wanted to do medicine and when I was in hospital I felt like God was speaking to me.

Now, I'm British through-and-through, so I turned to the Church of England as that was what my family was. Well, it was alright, but I felt it was very dilute and I didn't feel anything spiritual really, but my life improved. I then looked into Orthodoxy and I really liked a lot of what it had to offer, it felt much more spiritual and I really felt I connected with God, but I kept on going for Christianity.

I never properly met a Muslim until the age of 19 at uni and at first I felt that they were rather segregated from everyone else in my year and was intimidated by them, but I've got to know many Muslims and they all have qualities I admire. For a non-Muslim, I feel I know quite a bit, the five pillars, what's Sunnah, what's Haram, but I've never read the Qur'an. Now 22, I've just acquired a copy and have started reading it.

I would like to speak to Muslims I know about it, but they have been brought up as Muslims their whole life. I'd quite like to speak to anyone on here about Islam and questions I have etc, as well as speaking to converts. I'm undecided about where to go with my faith: I accept Muhammed as a great man, but I have not decided whether or not he is God's final prophet. I similarly can't decide whether or not Jesus was a prophet or son of God. I hope that once I finish reading the Qur'an my faith is revealed to me: Islam or Christianity.

If anyone would like to speak to me, or if anybody would be kind enough to give me guidance, I would sincerely appreciate it.

Many thanks,

Nick.

aselemu aleikum nick, i wish more people would actually use their curiosity the way you use it..

also, nobody can guide you here except if ALLAH the most high wants you to be guided...therefore i advice you to be sincere in your quest for the truth, also i advice you to read as much as you can from books that are considered to be good in the islamic world, rather than to gather your info from ''hear say''.

if you need such books just pm me, ill sent you a couple with pleasure.

GOD willing you will see and understand the truth very soon why ALLAH cant have a son, and why he is not a son of anyone.
this being a very huge essential issue in islam, you cANT be a muslim without understanding and accepting this, nor will any good person in this world denying the oneness of ALLAH gain any reward in the hereafter...so this is huge and essential in islam.