Iran nuclear work raises threats to region

Asif1

Banned
Iran-Missiles11.jpg

Saudi Arabia said yesterday Iran’s nuclear programme has increased threats to the Gulf region and urged Tehran to co-operate with world powers to defuse tension after talks last month failed to achieve a breakthrough.

Western nations and Gulf Arab states suspect that Iran’s nuclear energy programme is a camouflaged attempt to develop the means to produce nuclear weapons. Iran says it is enriching uranium only for civilian purposes.

“For sure the Iranian nuclear programme has escalated the threat level in the region... So it is dangerous...,” Saudi Foreign Minister Prince Saud al-Faisal told reporters in Jeddah after a Gulf Co-operation Council meeting.

“We hope Iran, with all kinds of threats coming from it, changes its policy to protect a region that is Iran’s (as well). I can not imagine Iran becoming the reason for the destruction of this region because it will be the biggest loser.”

Talks last month between Iran and six world powers over its nuclear ambitions ended without an agreement but the sides decided to reconvene in Moscow on June 18-19 in another effort to resolve the long-standing dispute.

“This requires greater co-operation from Iran with the international group,” Prince Saud said. “We hope that Iran stops its nuclear programme and reassures the region’s states.”

Tensions have been on the rise between Iran and its Gulf Arab neighbours, who accuse Tehran of fomenting Shia unrest in Bahrain and in eastern Saudi Arabia.

Prince Saud also renewed criticism of Iran over what he called its occupation of three strategic Gulf islands that are also claimed by the United Arab Emirates.

“There is a big crisis now in the Gulf caused by Iran’s occupation of the UAE islands and ... threats in general,” Prince Saud said.

Friction worsened between Iran and the UAE after Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad visited Abu Musa, the biggest of the three islands located near key oil shipping lanes at the mouth of the strategic Strait of Hormuz.

Last week, the head of Iran’s elite Revolutionary Guards paid a similar visit to the three islands where he met with military forces stationed there.

l An adviser to Iran’s supreme leader has urged world powers to formally recognise its nuclear rights to bring about a “favourable result” at talks on its atomic programme later this month, state media reported yesterday.

Deflecting Iranian pressure in talks last month, Western countries declined to accord any such recognition, saying Tehran had no automatic right to enrich uranium because of its previous violations of the nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty.

Iran says that under its NPT membership, it can develop a full nuclear fuel cycle for peaceful purposes including the enrichment of uranium, a process that yields fuel for power stations or bombs, depending on the level of refinement.

“I hope the P5+1 group recognises Iran’s inalienable nuclear right within the framework of the NPT and refrains from sitting on the sidelines,” Irna quoted Ali Akbar Velayati, an aide to Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, as saying.

“By accepting Iran’s right to use peaceful nuclear energy, the forthcoming talks in Moscow should reach a favourable result.”

Despite Velayati’s firm line, diplomats say Iranian negotiators were forthcoming at the talks in Baghdad - in contrast to previous failed negotiations - and believe Khamenei has given them a freer hand to explore a deal.

Iran has at times appeared flexible on halting higher-grade enrichment if its requirements for fuel are met.

Amir_of_spain

Asalam wailkium.

Iran is not a puppet government to the western powers unlike the Arab nations, therefore as a result it is under seige from western international sanctions hence the nuclear issue is just a pretext to isolate and attack Iran. The Iranian nation has the right to develop it's nuclear technology so the Saudi Prince (of which there are over 1000s of such princes) has no right to dictate to Iran on matters of science and nuclear technology.

We all know of the Saudi-UK deal to purchase the next generation of fighter jets, so if Saudi can arms up why can't Iran develop it's own nuclear capability?

Iran has existed for centuries whereas the Arab Gulf states are relatively modern countries, 100 years ago they never existed as a state so for them to claim ownership over these islands in the Persian Gulf is baseless.

Muslims in the international community should set their differences aside and let go of the sectarian issues which has prevented unity for centuries and look at that region in terms of which country is fighting for justice and independence, for Palestine and for pro-science, pro-Islam, self sufficiency and ironically it is the Iranian nation that is at the forefront in resisting totally domination of the region's politics, it's resources and it's land against western powers.

Remember the Ummah can never reform if our leaders, politicians and governments are puppets to westerns countries.

wailkium salaam...

Amir of thought.

Salem9022

Muslims in the international community should set their differences aside and let go of the sectarian issues which has prevented unity for centuries and look at that region in terms of which country is fighting for justice and independence, for Palestine and for pro-science, pro-Islam, self sufficiency and ironically it is the Iranian nation that is at the forefront in resisting totally domination of the region's politics, it's resources and it's land against western powers.

Remember the Ummah can never reform if our leaders, politicians and governments are puppets to westerns countries.

wailkium salaam...

Amir of thought.

Dude we don't unite upon falsehood. or for the sake of unity especially when they have a different religion all together

[yt]JaGifD93low[/yt]

As for Iran being older then the Gulf Arab countries. I am not even going to go into that.

Amir_of_spain

Middle East's Quest for Unity?

Dude we don't unite upon falsehood. or for the sake of unity especially when they have a different religion all together

As for Iran being older then the Gulf Arab countries. I am not even going to go into that.

Asalam wailkium... i have to address the comments above because it clearly highlights the internal disease and dysfuntion of the Ummah when it comes to recognising who your true enemies are and the importance of unity in order for us to move on with the status quo.

Firstly; you said you don't unite upon falsehood yet you failed to even bother to mention which falsehood you are referring to. However, i do agree that whatever falsehoods or disagreements there exists between to shia and the sunni or between arabs and iranian, those differences should be put to aside and we should look for branches of unity in areas which there is agreement such as belief in Islam, Allah, his messenger and the holy Quran, regional stability, palestine etc

Secondly; suppose i was to play along with your line of thinking.. do we always have to believe 100% on every issue whether it be in religion, culture or in politics in order to work togather for common purposes and objectives? The enemies of Islam (of which there are numerous) often share differences in ideology whether it be zonism, secularism, athesism, communism etc. Yet when it comes to common goals they put their differences aside and work togather to attack the Muslims. But we won't do that, our differences are too big for us to put aside, ok then fine, then we should accept the situation in Palestine and throughout the Muslim world because we are never going to unite on every single point whether it be religious or political if you take that position of absolutism.

Third and final point. The gulf arab countries didnt even exist a few centuries ago whereas the Iranian nation has existed as a state for 1000s of centuries, so the dispute over the tiny islands are baseless. Moresoever, we know if Iran gave up these Island how long do you think it would be before the UAE hands them over to the U.S. for military personal. There are presently or have been major commando bases throughout the GCC countries such as in Bahrain, Qatar, Kuwait and also in KSA. Iran however is against the region having even a single foriegn base, there should be no occupying forces within the Arabia pennisula that are foriegn.

W/Salaam

Amir of Unity

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
Third and final point. The gulf arab countries didnt even exist a few centuries ago whereas the Iranian nation has existed as a state for 1000s of centuries, so the dispute over the tiny islands are baseless. Moresoever, we know if Iran gave up these Island how long do you think it would be before the UAE hands them over to the U.S. for military personal. There are presently or have been major commando bases throughout the GCC countries such as in Bahrain, Qatar, Kuwait and also in KSA. Iran however is against the region having even a single foriegn base, there should be no occupying forces within the Arabia pennisula that are foriegn.

W/Salaam

Amir of Unity

Brother, these bases are there because of Iran. As Sunni Muslim, I do not agree this KSA and any Arab country to allow western dogs to have bases. It is just a separate issue.

May I ask you, why are you supporting Iran? Women are reported being raped in Syria, Iran clearly backing and supporting Bashar's regime. Why are you supporting Iran?

Amir_of_spain

Nuclear Technology in the hands of Iranians, good or bad?

Brother, these bases are there because of Iran. As Sunni Muslim, I do not agree this KSA and any Arab country to allow western dogs to have bases. It is just a separate issue.

May I ask you, why are you supporting Iran? Women are reported being raped in Syria, Iran clearly backing and supporting Bashar's regime. Why are you supporting Iran?

Asalam wailkium

So brother rock, the western militarily bases are there because of Iran? Meaning to threaten Iran against invasion just like how Iraq and Afghanistan had been invaded and destroyed, just like how the Yemen, Palestinians and Pakistanis are routinely bombarbed by predator drones, do you think thats a good think? The bases are there not just for Iran, the bases are a demonstration of a permaneat presence of western dominance of region against any independent self governing pro Islamic nation. Additionally these foriegn forces exists to support and defend the Zonist regime and the Arab puppet governments (dictators), so i ask you again is this a good thing?
The crimes being committed in Syria is due to the Asad regime pro-army soldiers; which has resulted in what appears to be a civil war this is an internal issue and does not have Iranian military involvement unlike what happen in Bahrain where there was active Saudi Militarily involvement. Iran is allies with Syria to a certain extent (non-militarily) but this is specifically due to the proxy war that is going on between Zonist state and the Iranian nation. Also many of the Arab nations have supported Assad in the past this includes Qatar and KSA, now that they have changed their minds will you ignore the fact that they used to be pro-Assad?

This post was originally about Iran's nuclear work and progress, not about Syria, that is a seperate issue just as you said the western bases are a seperate issue. Now coming back to the original post, the Iranian nation believes Muslims should be pro science, pro development and independent so that we do not need to rely on the western powers for help, aid, or any assistance. It is also trying to break the mould that advance science is something that only belongs to the other nations of the world and not to the Muslim countries. So to summarise, i am not supporting Iran on every issue, but when it comes to the nuclear issue they have the right to develop their nuclear technology unlike the other Arab nations who have to depend on their western masters on what they are allowed have and to do and what they are not allowed. Are you against Iran or any other Muslim country from having and developing their nuclear technology, space technology or any other areas of science?

W/salaam

Amir of Critical thought.

Amir_of_spain

Unity Vs Sectarian hatred within the Muslim Ummah

Shiites = Killers of Muslims
Shiites = Alawites killers of Syrains
Shiites = Qajars (killers of pilgrims, robbers of the black stones)
Shiites = Fatimids (In 200 years, NOT 1 battle against Crusaders)
Shiites = Safavids (killers of Sunni scholars in Iran)
Shiites = Militias (Hizbollah killing Syrians, Mahdi Army killing Muslims)
Shiites = Treason (Iran collaborating with US to kill Afghans)
Shiites = Taqiyya (OK to hide your kufr)
Shiites make Shaytan blush
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8S9NTlF3r54

Asalam wailkium.

The above post clearly demonstrates how ignorant some Muslims are in their way of thinking and misplacing their hatred for others in this backward, unproductive manner. All i have to do is replace the word shiites in the above post with the word muslims or sunnis or arabs, or pakistanis or afghanis because that is what the enemies of Islam do, they like to paint every single muslim under the same brush, just because a few people in a certain community at a certain time did wrong actions then does it make it right and justified to then start generalising an entire population? It's no different then those who say all Muslims are terrorists due to the events of 9/11. Additionally if i wanted to i could also highlight and give you a even longer list of historical sunni nations/governments that have done bad things, both from the past and in the present times but i'm not going to do so because i'm not into sectarian division as others obviously are. If i did a long list of the crimes committed under sunni leadership, i bet the post would be removed and rejected. And what has the fatimids, savafids and qajars got to do with modern day Iran and it's nuclear program?

The above post has nothing to do with the original theme of this article which is about the Iranian percieved threat of developing their nuclear technologies. I therefore ask the moderators not to allow people to use this site as a means to post and make comments fueling sectarian hatred and propaganda.

To the brother who posted his shiite rant above, don't aid shaytan in promoting sectarian conflict, it doesn't make shaytan blush, rather it makes him happy to see the Muslims disunited and for the status quo of western dominance to remain permaneantly within the Arabian Pennisula.

W/Salaam

Amir of tolerance.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Asalaam alaikum,

You are correct as you defined your post specifically towards Iran.

Syria is a political entity as is Iran.

In terms of political agenda and nuclear proliferation it is up to the individual country. When the big boys want to play with fire everyone is entitled to find a way to ignite the flame.

What Iran is doing has nothing to do with Islam nor is what Syria doing have anything to do with Islam.

If people would take a moment and actually read the documentations about nuclear weapons they would realize millions of dollars have been spent on countries telling each other we will build systems to build systems to build systems of interception.

No-one is going to push that button. No-one. It is a poker game. I got an ace..what about you. If I am going to invade your land I will make sure it is not a nuclear wasteland...I can not make a profit on nuclear waste.

The Zionists in their sheer arrogance have told the world what they want. The borders of Israel are to be extended east. I have seen maps of the "vision of the Chosen Ones". This is no late breaking news folks...its been around a long long time.

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
Wa'alaikum salam my brother Amir,

Glad to hear from you, I almost forgotten about this thread.

Asalam wailkium

So brother rock, the western militarily bases are there because of Iran? Meaning to threaten Iran against invasion just like how Iraq and Afghanistan had been invaded and destroyed, just like how the Yemen, Palestinians and Pakistanis are routinely bombarbed by predator drones, do you think thats a good think? The bases are there not just for Iran, the bases are a demonstration of a permaneat presence of western dominance of region against any independent self governing pro Islamic nation. Additionally these foriegn forces exists to support and defend the Zonist regime and the Arab puppet governments (dictators), so i ask you again is this a good thing?

I never say these bases are good things.

The crimes being committed in Syria is due to the Asad regime pro-army soldiers; which has resulted in what appears to be a civil war this is an internal issue and does not have Iranian military involvement unlike what happen in Bahrain where there was active Saudi Militarily involvement. Iran is allies with Syria to a certain extent (non-militarily) but this is specifically due to the proxy war that is going on between Zonist state and the Iranian nation. Also many of the Arab nations have supported Assad in the past this includes Qatar and KSA, now that they have changed their minds will you ignore the fact that they used to be pro-Assad?

There are number of threads with proofs that Iran does supports Bashar Assad's regime militarily. We've received brothers and sisters from Syria, came to my country, I've my own countrymen studying in Syria. They are saying Iran is supporting Bashar's regime. I'm sure they know better than you and me. Why shall we deny the truth? Hilarious.

Brother, I don't see it as a civil war anymore, Syiah Allawi regime slaughtering Sunni Muslim can not be called a civil war. Bashar is able to do all this with blessings from notorious countries like Russia and China. And Syiah seem to be united, even Hezbollah behind them. Unfortunately some Sunni Muslim are sympathising these syiah regime, still can afford in finger pointing at each other instead of helping their brothers and sisters in Syria. The least we can do, make du'a but we getting involve in unnecessary topics. Very unfortunate.

Regarding KSA and Qatar sending peacekeepers to Bahrain, I don't see anything wrong if the intention is to restore peace. Just a question, how many Bahrainian women was raped by Bahrain military with the help from KSA and Qatar? How many Bahrainian being killed by GCC troops? Pls don't mistake me, as muslim I will never condone KSA and Qatar sending their military to kill and rape women in Bahrain, surely I will not support them. Let me repeat, I will not support any move to kill innocents let them be syiah or sunni. The same rules applies to Iran and their allies.

This post was originally about Iran's nuclear work and progress, not about Syria, that is a seperate issue just as you said the western bases are a seperate issue. Now coming back to the original post, the Iranian nation believes Muslims should be pro science, pro development and independent so that we do not need to rely on the western powers for help, aid, or any assistance. It is also trying to break the mould that advance science is something that only belongs to the other nations of the world and not to the Muslim countries. So to summarise, i am not supporting Iran on every issue, but when it comes to the nuclear issue they have the right to develop their nuclear technology unlike the other Arab nations who have to depend on their western masters on what they are allowed have and to do and what they are not allowed. Are you against Iran or any other Muslim country from having and developing their nuclear technology, space technology or any other areas of science?

W/salaam

Amir of Critical thought.

I'm in favour "pro science, development and being independent" etc, of course these are good things every Muslim states should go for it. Iran certainly doing what a Muslim state should be doing. But I'm not in favour using science advancement to develop weapon of mass destruction and threatening your neighbours. When you develop something like nuclear weapons, your neighbours have rights to be worried. Since the neighbours are not ready militarily, they seek the help from western powers who are cunning enough to grab the offer. Certainly I don't support Iran simply because they are syiah but I too don't support any military aggression by US and their allies against Iran.

I'm sorry if I ever wronged you.

sabs1164

AmatuLLaH
i dont support the shiites beliefs but i believe there are some shiites who need us to educate them wat the truth is. rather hate those who reject ALLAH and our Beloved Prophet more.

:wasalam:

Aapa

Mirajmom
Asalaam alaikum,

Brother,

As long as we have national boundaries they serve the interest of the country. Iran is a political entity that is securing its borders that are recognized by sovereign countries.

As long as the system of the body politic serves the national interest and not Islam the rights of the country to protect itself is a political right and not a religious right. The role of religion is secondary.

Hassan

Laa ilaha ilaa Allah
Staff member
The Iranian nation has the right to develop it's nuclear technology so the Saudi Prince (of which there are over 1000s of such princes) has no right to dictate to Iran on matters of science and nuclear technology.
^^ this ^^ It is not technology that is the threat but the hearts of people.

Wa Alaikum Asalaam wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu.

We all have more in common than we seem to believe. :tti_sister: :salah:

Sunni, Shi'a, Sufi, ... We can all know better.

Allah swt knows best.

Amir_of_spain

But I'm not in favour using science advancement to develop weapon of mass destruction and threatening your neighbours. When you develop something like nuclear weapons, your neighbours have rights to be worried. -hard rock muslim

Asalam wailkium.

If you are going to make such claims you also make the effort to supply the evidence or at least some basic physical proofs, speculation and opinionating does not substitue for hard evidence. Where is the evidence that Iran is developing a nuclear bomb? Even the IAEA has not concluded with certainty that the Iranian government has produced a bomb. These are the same baseless lies and propaganda that lead to Iraq being totally destroyed, fabricated lies of weapons of mass destruction.

As for Iran's neighbours being worried, this is a again baseless in reality, Iran hasn't invaded any country for the last 200 years, Iran has several trade agreements with it's neighbours this includes the gulf Arab countries, moresoever, it is Iran that is truly the one to be worried as we know historically that the Arab governments (not public) had previously supported Iraq under Saddam Hussain to invade and attack Iran resulting in the Iran-Iraq war which killed half a million Iranian citizens. Additionally, the gulf nations are servants to their western masters and can at anytime allow arab air space, naval waters and land territory to the Zonists and Imperialistic powers to attack Iran. Arab nations willingly allow western bases to be present throughout the region, so now u tell me, who is not to be trusted, who are the ones to be worried? Instead of helping Iran or the region from removing western bases, the Arab nations (except Lebanon) are the ones hosting these foriegn forces, shouldn't the region be free from foriegn forces?

Saudi and other members of the GCC have purchased billions of dollars of the next generation aircrafts and other militarty technologies from the west, so that can be seen as a threat to Iran, so it works both ways. Nuclear technology and nuclear weaponary are 2 different pathways, Iran is trying to get itself off on relying on oil as a source of energy, therefore the developing of nuclear powered electricity makes sense. The real threat and the real danger in the region is the entity occupying the Palestinian people and the numerous western bases, unfortunately due to the deep love for sectarian conflict, the inability to put theological, political and cultural differences aside for common objectives, the current status quo will not change and therefore the region and Islam itself will remain under foriegn domination, shouldn't that monopoly be broken?

Aapa

Mirajmom
Asalaam alaikum,

Brother,

Give us a little information on the power of the GCC. We don't get much on that on this end of the world. How powerful is it. How does this union help the region; what is its aim and purpose.

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
But I'm not in favour using science advancement to develop weapon of mass destruction and threatening your neighbours. When you develop something like nuclear weapons, your neighbours have rights to be worried. -hard rock muslim

Asalam wailkium.

If you are going to make such claims you also make the effort to supply the evidence or at least some basic physical proofs, speculation and opinionating does not substitue for hard evidence. Where is the evidence that Iran is developing a nuclear bomb? Even the IAEA has not concluded with certainty that the Iranian government has produced a bomb. These are the same baseless lies and propaganda that lead to Iraq being totally destroyed, fabricated lies of weapons of mass destruction.

As for Iran's neighbours being worried, this is a again baseless in reality, Iran hasn't invaded any country for the last 200 years, Iran has several trade agreements with it's neighbours this includes the gulf Arab countries, moresoever, it is Iran that is truly the one to be worried as we know historically that the Arab governments (not public) had previously supported Iraq under Saddam Hussain to invade and attack Iran resulting in the Iran-Iraq war which killed half a million Iranian citizens. Additionally, the gulf nations are servants to their western masters and can at anytime allow arab air space, naval waters and land territory to the Zonists and Imperialistic powers to attack Iran. Arab nations willingly allow western bases to be present throughout the region, so now u tell me, who is not to be trusted, who are the ones to be worried? Instead of helping Iran or the region from removing western bases, the Arab nations (except Lebanon) are the ones hosting these foriegn forces, shouldn't the region be free from foriegn forces?

Saudi and other members of the GCC have purchased billions of dollars of the next generation aircrafts and other militarty technologies from the west, so that can be seen as a threat to Iran, so it works both ways. Nuclear technology and nuclear weaponary are 2 different pathways, Iran is trying to get itself off on relying on oil as a source of energy, therefore the developing of nuclear powered electricity makes sense. The real threat and the real danger in the region is the entity occupying the Palestinian people and the numerous western bases, unfortunately due to the deep love for sectarian conflict, the inability to put theological, political and cultural differences aside for common objectives, the current status quo will not change and therefore the region and Islam itself will remain under foriegn domination, shouldn't that monopoly be broken?

Are you saying Iran is the right country to break that monopoly? I suggest you read more about Iran, Khomeini and why Iran is dangerous before you throw your support to them. I don't want to make further comments. If I say 1+1 is 2, you I think I said 1+1 is 3. So how can I convince you? I agree with you that these bases are wrong, you will continue to write my support to KSA and GCC construed my support towards these bases. How can I convince you? If KSA and GCC is right, I support them. If they are wrong, then no doubt they are wrong. Are you convinced?

Fair enough Iran never invaded, but let me add on that Iran have their proxies running the govt in Lubnan, Syria and Iraq. The proxies are shia and their ultimate aim is to invade Madinah and Makkah (pls read what Khomenei said regarding this). Sunni are having tough time in Lubnan, Syria and Iraq now, politically Sunni are losing. No hiding, our Arab leaders are partly to be blamed for taking western powers as their advisers and supporters. You know that I'm not CIA to supply you the evidence, just like you can't prove Israel has nuke weapons. Everyone knows Israel has nuke bombs, but where is the evidence? How to prove if you do not have full access to the nuke plant? No country making nuke bombs openly. So if Iran is innocent, I like to see the watchdogs given full access without conditions to Iran's nuke plant. I want to be wronged in this case, no evidence and no nuke bombs owned by Iran. That's deal I want. It is far more dangerous for situation you don't have evidence but actually there are nuke bombs. Just like Israel. Deep down, I'm terrified, if Israel and Iran work together, in between the Arab Sunni Muslims are going to to lambs on grilling bars.

Perhaps Iran yet to build a nuke bomb, I hope so and I pray they will fail to build one. These bombs will bring disaster, I'm sure western powers will push Iran into deeper conflicts with GCC and Iran may resort to use nuke bombs to show their power. These arms race between Iran and GCC will spray each with with bullets and bombs. The winners are! The western powers. This is what bothering me, if they have nuclear technology for whatever purpose, that means they are not very far from developing a nuclear bomb. There is no secret that Iran already has advance missiles system, is their rights anyway, all they have to do just enhance the missiles capability to carry nuclear. Do you think Iran is not capable? You acknowledge that Iran has nuke technology, with this enmity towards the Arabs you also have to acknowledge it may push Iran into making nuke bomb. Perhaps this is baseless theory in reality. India did launched many missiles prior to gate crashing the nuke clubs which were exclusive to the 5 veto holders at UN. So Pakistan followed. If proven Iran has nuke bombs or sign developing one, it will push one of GCC power to build one. They have money to buy technology, I hope they will not buy one.

My conclusion is, Iran should stop their nuke ambition to avoid opening the nuke race. This will greatly calm down GCC countries, billions spent can be used to help Sudan and Somalian brothers and sisters.

elqouds2020

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته
و الله أتعجب في سنة 2012 ما يزال المسلم يضن أن الشيعة يحبون الخير للسنة هم يريدون أن يستولوا على كل المنطة أي الخليج الفارسي.