Is there anyone out there that is married to someone from a totally different race?

Mairo

Maryama
Asalaam aleikum,

I am an American of European descent, and my husband is African. We currently reside in the US, but plan to go back to Africa to live one day. The relationship we share is the most meaningful, and the most challenging, relationship I have ever had in my life. I think our capacity to bridge our differences and truly understand each other, in spite of our varied culture/background, etc. has been key to this. I agree that finding a mate who is similar in regards to personal deen is probably the most important factor. Practicing love and patience, regardless of your culture or ethnicity, goes a long way towards building a strong family.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

The Prophet (swas) married women of different backgrounds. He led the way. I was quite astounded by some of the generalizations and remarks made here.
Respect and forgiveness are the keys to successful marriages. They are more fundamental than color or culture.
Control is a funny word. Men want women to listen and sometimes we listen at other times we don't. Even the Prophet (swas) had to be tested by his wives.
Islam is global. And it has always been global. We are everything. And yes, I am fully aware of the difficulties of being in an interracial,intercultural, intergenrational marriage..but when the babies come out and are 100% Muslim humans..that is the time to celebrate.
Let us keep marrying and having babies that is what is important.

Faiza619

Strangers on earth
i will join my sister muslimah in disputing that remark.
so kindly stop generalizing!
am an arab woman and i have travelled but i have not removed my abaya nor nigab for that matter, because i do wear niqab, it is always on no matter what.

:salam2:
I will join in too
i am also an arab woman and i have travelled too but i have always observed my covering.
DONT GENERALIZE our dear brother Adriatic boy. You really made some sisters mad.
May Allah lead us all through the right path:tti_sister:

As I stated before but apparently it wasn't commented on....I think Arab men choose "white" women because they can manipulate us in a way. We are not as self-assured or as free-minded as say an African-American woman. We tend to lack self-confidence and that makes us easy targets for men who like "control". Atleast from my perspective. The majority of American white women that I know that are married to Arab/Muslim men, are moderately to severly overweight. They have led sad lives and here comes mister Arabian man to build up their egos and then easily "control" them. My husband must have thought I was an easy target for this......single mom, mid 20's but he had a battle on his hands with me. I challenge authority of any kind, needless to say he was easily frustrated with me. So I don't think this type of relationship is about finding the "white" woman a symbol of beauty.......maybe we were just convienent. ALSO, to the sister who said Arab men are hot..........I don't think it is Arab men are hot as so much as we like dark and handsome (Italians, Spaniards, Arabs, etc.) Olive colored skin does make my blood rush!!! :)

Sister Dianek
Kindly stop generalizing because people are different.
You may find a manipulative Arab, White, Black, etc OR a non manipulative Arab,White etc.
Dont Generalize. It makes some people mad
:wasalam:

Salaam,

The Prophet (swas) married women of different backgrounds. He led the way. I was quite astounded by some of the generalizations and remarks made here.
Respect and forgiveness are the keys to successful marriages. They are more fundamental than color or culture.
Control is a funny word. Men want women to listen and sometimes we listen at other times we don't. Even the Prophet (swas) had to be tested by his wives.
Islam is global. And it has always been global. We are everything. And yes, I am fully aware of the difficulties of being in an interracial,intercultural, intergenrational marriage..but when the babies come out and are 100% Muslim humans..that is the time to celebrate.
Let us keep marrying and having babies that is what is important.

I totally agree with you Appa.
That is more important than generalizing and eating people's hearts out.
Very true the prophet as our example married different women.
he did not say some are hotheaded, or manipulative or whatever.
We just have to look for if they lead us to being better muslims or not.

whitehijab

:salam2:well the only thing that i like about myself besides Islam of course is that am half Arab Algerian half German and you can be sure that the combo scares Zionists immensely relentlessly passionately they are nowhere to find near me and my future wife inshallah is half Algerian half half Russian that s the bomb folks we are coming America......:SMILY129:. so i believe mixed marriages are fine as long as they are strategic geopolitically speaking;)
Jameel:SMILY303:

i like the idea brother- 'as long as they r strategic geopolitically speaking' . marrying with different culture but of course with good Muslims is wonderful...both husband and wife must ready to tolerate with each other. good luck to who ever in this kind of situation :hijabi:

Allah knows best insyaAllah whether its true that Arab is hard headed.together we try to behave ourself not pointing fingers to others :hijabi:

:muslim_child:

dianek

I will join in too
i am also an arab woman and i have travelled too but i have always observed my covering.
DONT GENERALIZE our dear brother Adriatic boy. You really made some sisters mad.
May Allah lead us all through the right path:tti_sister:

Sister Dianek
Kindly stop generalizing because people are different.
You may find a manipulative Arab, White, Black, etc OR a non manipulative Arab,White etc.
Dont Generalize. It makes some people mad

I totally agree with you Appa.
That is more important than generalizing and eating people's hearts out.
Very true the prophet as our example married different women.
he did not say some are hotheaded, or manipulative or whatever.
We just have to look for if they lead us to being better muslims or not.

I wasn't generalizing, I said in my experience with the men and women that I know. So I am only stating what I see in those around me. I didn't say ALL Arab men were this or that.....not at all! I have wonderful brother-in-laws and I know from here on tti how great the brothers are. Just the young pompus ones that I have had the opportunity to meet. Please explain to me that if I were not correct in some way about this......why do very attractive Arab men marry LARGE American women? It can't be for their beauty, it can't be for their religion as most were not muslims, and I have seen how they treat those same women and it can be down right cruel sometimes UNTIL that magic moment that the wife converts. OR that Magic Moment when he gets his citizenship papers and divorces her. I am sorry if it seems I am generalizing but I only know of one other marriage besides mine that was not this scenario.

dianek

And before anyone has a fit, I am not saying that Larger women are not attractive! I myself am not tiny. But how often do you see them preferred by men over all the little skinny mini's out there unless they have other motives. I can count atleast 4 men that married LARGE women got their papers and then divorced them to marry a thin beautiful muslim arab woman from their own culture here. In some cases they are not yet LEGALLY divorced but islamically married their "true Loves".......

warda A

Sister
off point

everyone has gone off the point here
the discussion is about anyone married to someone from a different race
not only arabs
we should stick to the topic

summertime

sister :)
wow this looks like a war zone.. lol...my parents are both from two different cultures and i think the best thing about it is that it has made us very tolerant towards other ppl and cultures. I'd like to have kids who are able to appreciate and respect all cultures and a good way to do that is through a mixed marriage....it helps you overcome cultural boundaries and realise that everyones different and that its not a bad thing to be different. :)

GAZIJA

Staff member
ehehheheeh esselamu aleikum
this is a fanny topic, this is all so too say rubish and does not make any sense. I think all peple are heard headed in their own way, no matter what nationality you are. the problem is i think how you think. if you use logic everthing is eazy and fight shaitan/satan then there should be no problems just because you are different race. culture plays a big role, but only between an for example arab and american there is no doubt, but even tough i am european culturaly i would conect more with an arab women then europen. at the end islam is what counts. understanding comes only if you are educated and religious, no matter what race u are. in islam no one race is superior ove other.

Faiza619

Strangers on earth
Please

I wasn't generalizing, I said in my experience with the men and women that I know. So I am only stating what I see in those around me. I didn't say ALL Arab men were this or that.....not at all! I have wonderful brother-in-laws and I know from here on tti how great the brothers are. Just the young pompus ones that I have had the opportunity to meet. Please explain to me that if I were not correct in some way about this......why do very attractive Arab men marry LARGE American women? It can't be for their beauty, it can't be for their religion as most were not muslims, and I have seen how they treat those same women and it can be down right cruel sometimes UNTIL that magic moment that the wife converts. OR that Magic Moment when he gets his citizenship papers and divorces her. I am sorry if it seems I am generalizing but I only know of one other marriage besides mine that was not this scenario.

Dear sister dianek
that goes for all cultures not arabs only.
for why they marry very large american women, let me ask you a question how many of them have you personally seen doing that?
and what does it have to do with the thread?
if they are doing that and it is wrong to marry someone just to get citizenship then that is between them and their Allah
The few that you have seen dont make it look like it is general behaviour.

And before anyone has a fit, I am not saying that Larger women are not attractive! I myself am not tiny. But how often do you see them preferred by men over all the little skinny mini's out there unless they have other motives. I can count atleast 4 men that married LARGE women got their papers and then divorced them to marry a thin beautiful muslim arab woman from their own culture here. In some cases they are not yet LEGALLY divorced but islamically married their "true Loves".......

This is also way out of what the thread is about but those four you can count dont make up for all the arabs.
everybody has different behaviours. some bad some good
dont make assumptions. it is not good.

Fi Amani Allah
Asalam Aleikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuhu:hijabi:

amira87

I love Allah
Khalas(enough)......everyone! I think I get the point here

:SMILY209: ladies and gents I think we get it......ahhhhh......ya........ahhhhh.......I..I.....tink we do....hehe

LeylaHussain

I am european (white, revert to Islam) and my husband is Pakistani.
We've decided from the beginning that Quran and Sunna only will lead our lives, and alhamdullilah, we are doing fine.
Some aspects of life (mostly cultural) are still a bit difficult for me since I had never come across them before, but I respect my husband as the leader of the house, and I am trying to fit in his way of life as much as possible.
Alhamdullilah, overall, the benefits of learning another culture/language/food... overweighs the hardships that I sometimes face.
And alhamdullilah that what I call culture has never been something against the Quran or the Sunnah.

:hearts::wasalam:

Abu.Amirah

:ma:Well most have been said here but inshallah will add few points.
When we want to marry already the Porphet(saw) told us what to select the kinds partner in our lives. Cultures are diff and so many in this world but islam is just one and if we all hold on it together then there will be less stress.
Wel not all muslims men/women are perfect because most are just muslims by names and not actions.So if you see an arab husband hitting a wife then dont say its islam thats against Islam and not only do Arab men hit their wifes ....every race in this world you will get the report of wife being beaten by husbands.
Another thing which i noted in this topic is that the work at home is not only for a woman but you as a husband you hav the right too to help ur wives.The prophet(saw) used to help in housework and there is nothing like shame.
So if we as muslims try to learn,understand and implement about all what have been taught by the Porphet(saw) then life will be so smooth am telling you. If we come to anger ...The prophet already said...A strong man is not a wrestler but a strong one is who can fight his anger" (Bukhari) so as husband/wife you have to control ur anger ,wen there is problem the best way is to talk and try to solve the issue in a good manner.

Well before i finish we are already told that " the most close to Allah is not black/white/arab/american and any other race but the one close to Allah is the Godfearing person. And if you are a God fearing person then surely your actions will always be good to urself and to others.

Jazakallahu kheir :muslim_child:

clovelle

Is there anyone out there married to another race?

Sorry I know that this was posted long ago but Whenever anyone asks me what race I am, I can't help but respond Human. Ethnicity should not be mistaken for race and should not make a difference in matters of the heart and mind.

drmohammad80

al salaam alikom all. in truth i see that there are no problem when 2 persons from different cultures marry each other specially if they are good muslims as islam will help them to overcome any problem happen. as in islam all muslims are the same and equal

drmohammad80

al salaam alikom

by the way . i am mohammad 27 years doctor and really it was my dream to marry a reverted girl so if anyone can help me i will be thankful to Allah then him