Is this for real?? 6 Million Muslims convert to Christianity yearly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_truth

Jesus worshiped ( and still does) God.
As I have stated earlier, I have yet to speak to a Muslim that did not believe they understood Christians. You are familiar with Jesus from the Quran. I am familiar with Jesus from the bible. There are differences between the two. If I was to accept the Quran I would believe like you that Jesus was just a prophet. I don't expect you to understand or know the bible. I am in your territory where the Quran is the authority. As such, I will speak your language the best I can.
Peace to you.

No where in the original Bible and in the time of Jesus was he seen as the son of God! This was the devil that led Christianity astray! Jesus just like all prophets preached monothism and the oneness of God! Now we have the situation where Christians worship Jesus more than God! Its a fact and you know it! Go to any Church and all they mention is Jesus the lord and hardly mention the father!
Original Christianity was changed dramatically and the original Christians like the Ebionites were disregarded completly! Watch this video clip of a Christian who discovered the VERY old manuscripts of the Bible and NOWHERE is there ANY mention that Jesus is the lord or God! All of these false notions were created after Christ!

Old christian documents proof Jesus wasn't God but a prophet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjGNTayqz7w

BigAk

First question for followeroftheway... After watching the following video which conveys clearly how missionaries goals are to convert the Iraqi's to Christianity. They admit in the video that their actions cause alot of trouble and cause innocent people to die as a result of their mission work, but somehow they justify it in their heads.. Now; my question to you is: if this was your country, would you want these missionaries stepping a foot on your land??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-jLUlG_lRc

sazk

Banned
lets not all jump on the poor guy.. otherwise it feels like everybody's out to attack you or something... give him some space ...

the conversation is moving very fast so lets not bring about some post that was posted 200 hours ago.

youtube videos serve no purpose because there is a lot of junk out there and bambis don't know right from wrong.

christian missionary tactics are well known. induce poverty, war, famine, disease in an area (Africa, Iraq etc) then go on and give food and medicine to the masses and convert them through charm and money.

the charm is there, but the theology, the study of God, is not right

hmm.. i would accept your version of jesus.... if
you can show me where does the word trinity occur in the bible?
can you explain the trinity?
can you read the first verse of the bible in its original language?
muslims know the first chapter of the Quran in its original language, how many christians know (parts of) the Bible in its original language?
have you ever met a former christian who has converted to islam? they know your version of jesus just like you do, having lived that life before.

have you ever read Bart Ehrman's book Misquoting Jesus? do you really "know" jesus from the bible?

paul wrote the new testament, not jesus

Yes I can read the bible in its original language. Although I am not as good with Hebrew as I as with Greek. I have never read Bart Ehrman, I prefer to read primary sources rather than someone's interpretation. But you show your ignorance about the New Testament. There are multiple writers. Paul was just one of the writers. As for Christians who converted, most of the one's I have know converted out of an attempt to identify culturally with other blacks. They were bought up in a mostly Christian culture, but they were not necessarily practicing Christians. Many were taught a version of Islam that you would not even recognize.
I admit I don't know a lot about the Quran. I have read some, but I still believe that every Muslim I speak to wants to tell me about what I believe, not about what they believe. Is the only way I can find out what you believe for me to tell you all about my faith?

Welcome response

followeroftheway ... Welcome to our site .. You are very welcome to discuss your faith here with us. I say this with open arms. :D

Thank you.
This is the first welcome I have received on this site. I don't write every day, but I will try to respond rapidly to any request. I hope you are available to answer some of my questions and I will do my best to respond to yours.
Peace

BigAk

If I was in most Muslim countries and my state goal was to "TurntoChristianity" those with whom I speak, I would not be allowed the freedom. .

Amazing... But your missionaries are there raising the dust... I am from Syria and I know that you guys do exist there, and in Jordan, Iraq, and most of the muslim countries... So your statement is false. The only Muslim country that does not allow you is Saudi Arabia; and rightfully so.. However, your missionaries still boast about the fact that they reach those people via satelite.

If you ask my personal opinion. I would not allow your missionaries to come to my country if I was the king or president of such country. You guys always use your "wild card" that you call "freedom of speech." I have studied Christianity, and I can boast that I know your bible more than most Christians do. Given this knowledge, I would not allow your missionaries to come in and take advantage of the poverty and bad circumstances of my people just to make a mess in their heads.. Surely not, and I don't care if it goes against your "wild card." I would be like the protective father who would rightfully make sure his children are protected from harm of any nature; and here it's mental harm.

Jesus (Peace be upon him) himself preached to worship only ONE GOD, and now you want me to allow your missionaries to come in to my country and polute the minds of my people to start worshipping THREE GODS???? My answer is simple and blunt; take your "wild card" and do your song and dance in your own home country.

Respectfully,
BigAk

sazk

Banned
Yes I can read the bible in its original language. Although I am not as good with Hebrew as I as with Greek. I have never read Bart Ehrman, I prefer to read primary sources rather than someone's interpretation. But you show your ignorance about the New Testament. There are multiple writers. Paul was just one of the writers. As for Christians who converted, most of the one's I have know converted out of an attempt to identify culturally with other blacks. They were bought up in a mostly Christian culture, but they were not necessarily practicing Christians. Many were taught a version of Islam that you would not even recognize.
I admit I don't know a lot about the Quran. I have read some, but I still believe that every Muslim I speak to wants to tell me about what I believe, not about what they believe. Is the only way I can find out what you believe for me to tell you all about my faith?

buddy your head is so messed up i don't know where to begin.

Bart Ehrman has not produced an interpretation. he has told of the factual history of the formation of the bible.

there have been other writers, paul is the major one. where is the bible of jesus (peace be upon him) himself?

there are a lot of blacks who are christians, why would anyone of them convert to another religion where they have to pray 5 times everyday, if they didn't research it properly and come to realize something that you cannot and maybe never will.

so you're assuming there is no such thing as a white man converting? or are they also identifying themselves culturally with the blacks?

what about jews who are converting to islam? are they also identifying with the blacks?

what about swedish converts? are they also identifying with the blacks?

what about australian converts? are they also identifying with the blacks?

what about german converts? are they also identifying with the blacks?

what about the polish converts? are they also identifying with the blacks?

what reasons do you have reverend? you can't even explain how one god can be three? i don't know why you would feel this compelling need to tell all about your faith in order to learn ours. the Quran is there. it contains all the information about Jesus (peace be upon him) and Mary (may God be pleased with her). clearly you have not read the Quran OR anything about islam. even though the books are there on the shelf.

yet you would sit here. type on this computer gladly, but never pick any book about islam or the Quran to read through it.

BigAk

I have never read Bart Ehrman, I prefer to read primary sources rather than someone's interpretation.

Dr. Ehrman does not discuss any interpretation of the bible.. His book is about the history of the bible and how it came about since the beginning. He does not discuss or interpret anything from his head.. It's a good read and I think every Christian should read it. Dr. Ehrman is a biblical scholar and a born again who dedicated his life to researching the biblical scirpture. He is not afraid to face the truth like most people are. If you are afraid, then I suggest that you not read his book. In case you're interested however, it's really cheap from Amazon ----> http://www.amazon.com/Misquoting-Jesus-Story-Behind-Changed/dp/0060738170

BigAk

buddy your head is so messed up i don't know where to begin.

Please brother... DO NOT TALK IN THIS LANGUAGE... IT IS NOT NEEDED AND VERY COUNTERPRODUCTIVE.. I URGE YOU TO REFRAIN PLEASE. This is NOT how the messenger of Allah talked to non-believers!!!

Please go back and re-edit your post.

Thank you.

Converting in Iraq

First question for followeroftheway... After watching the following video which conveys clearly how missionaries goals are to convert the Iraqi's to Christianity. They admit in the video that their actions cause alot of trouble and cause innocent people to die as a result of their mission work, but somehow they justify it in their heads.. Now; my question to you is: if this was your country, would you want these missionaries stepping a foot on your land??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-jLUlG_lRc

I would not want the evil and blood shed that the war has loosed upon my country or any other country. I looked at your video, it was not in English and the subtitles were not always good, but I think I get your point. I was and am opposed to the war in Iraq. I think the U.S. should get out ASAP with as little loss of life as possible. By that, I mean I do not want to see the U.S. get out in a way that brings about even greater loss of life than is currently occurring. I do not think attempting to convert someone is wrong, and I know that in any Muslim country it is illegal. Do you want me to say that they should not try to convert others or that since the only reason they are there is because the door was open by war. The loss of life that the missionaries bring about are most likely to be the result of people that do not want to see converts. I would hope that the missionaries would be concerned about that. They should balance their concern for their eternal well being with their concern for the safety of the converts. But I find it so amazing that most Muslims believe that it is okay to convert others to Islam at any place on the planet, but have no problem that it is wrong and even illegal to convert others from Islam in places where Islam is established as the "state" religion. Why not allow other faiths the opportunity to present their ideas on an equal footing?

sazk

Banned
Why not allow other faiths the opportunity to present their ideas on an equal footing?

give me proof that christianity is the right religion! produce your proof and back it up from sources (other than the bible obviously, otherwise you fall in circular logic)...if you can prove that one god can be three, or someone has to die for the sins of people, then gladly convert someone.

give a proof, don't bribe people with food and money.

Wrongs done by Muslims

when you christians claim something like this, why don't you ever cite your examples? funny enough you talk a lot about these "wrongs" done by muslims, but where is your proof? produce it if you are truthful

Am I the only one who has read about the struggles for powers between the Sunni and the Shi'a? Am I the only one who is aware of tyrants who rule the people with an iron hand? Am I the only one who think that killing thousands of people such as the 911 attacks was unprovoked and wrong? Am I the only one who sees converting by the sword as wrong? In the west Muslims are know for holding grudges for centuries. When I talk to Muslims they want to bring up the crusades. Wow. The crusades were wrong. But how far back do we have to go to start addressing the current issues?
Peace

BigAk

As for Christians who converted, most of the one's I have know converted out of an attempt to identify culturally with other blacks. They were bought up in a mostly Christian culture, but they were not necessarily practicing Christians.

That's a very false notion... You may want to research this further.. I happened to know differently.. The blacks are only a fraction of the many converts to Islam.. I am not going to start posting videos of youtube to prove my case.. They are out there.. Go see them for yourself, and you'll find that most converts are non-blacks...

Have you watched this video of brother Joshua Evans by any chance?? I have posted it for you a few posts back... Here it is once more:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQcR...EE6FF5C8&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=38

Listen to what brother Joshua has to say.. It's very interesting. You may learn alot more about Islam then you can ask us questions....

prejudiced notions

that is ... unless you come here with a prejudiced notion lingering in your head. :SMILY286: :SMILY139:

I try to examine my heart. Sometimes I think others are better able to address what they see in us, that we may not have seen in ourselves. I have love in my heart for all. But I may not agree with you. If I already agreed with you then I would have no need to engage you in dialog. You judge my motives.
Peace

Status
Not open for further replies.