Israel blocks aid shipments to Gaza

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Israel blocks aid shipments to Gaza - U.N. agency 18 Jan 2008 08:10:44 GMT
Source: Reuters

JERUSALEM, Jan 18 (Reuters) - Israel on Friday closed its border crossing into the Hamas-run Gaza Strip in response to cross-border rocket fire, and the lead U.N. aid agency said even humanitarian supplies were not being allowed into the territory.

The United Nations Relief and Works Agency (UNRWA), which provides food to Palestinian refugees in Gaza, said it was not allowed to deliver truckloads of humanitarian supplies on Friday morning as it usually does.

"Gaza is completely shut down. This will only add to an already dire situation," said UNRWA spokesman Christopher Gunness.

http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/L18505079.htm

AliIbanez

A Stranger in Dunyah
I've saw the pic, and I felt helpless for them except to make dua for them to aleviate their hardships. Inshaallah. Why use rockets and missiles against civilians? I just dont get it. I wish that time will come where only swords can be used in a battle (so as not to inflict much damage and to test the soldiers real courage).

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

I am sad because we Muslims have decided by our inaction that Palestine is a lost cause.

shaheeda35

strive4Jannah
:salam2:
:girl3:How horrible!! Not surprised at this at all. Can you get anymore evil??:mad::mad:!! May Allah help our brothers and sisters suffering all over the world, ameen!!:tti_sister::tti_sister:

hijabi_sis

AstugfiruAllah, this has saddened me, :girl3: Allah knows best but the best thing for us as a muslim Ummaah is to try and make dua, and also participate in giving zakah/charity them, because those people in Phalestine are like our family, and we as muslims should never leave one another in times of need. may Allah have a mercy up on them, indeed He is the most Merciful, the Most Compassionate! Ameen

blackivy393

i think some of the blockades have gone a little to far. of course its understandable to block certain chemicals and etc that could be converted to explosives ; but to block food is ridiculous.

Mohammad87

How can Zionists get away with murdering so many people? As a Palestinian it makes me so sad to read about the situation in Palestine..it's so sad to see some of the survivors of the Holocaust go on to put the Palestinians through another Genocide...Zionism is Racism, We can never give up on Palestine , it will never be a lost cause, it is a Noble cause to fight for, I truly believe one day Palestine will be free from the Zionists...If anyone want's to learn more about the situation in Palestine, Please visit my groups website www.newjerseysolidarity.org

justoneofmillion

how long does it take for criminals to be recognised a such

Truly a Shame
by Tariq Ramadan

"At which point may we use the expression ‘War crime’? How many children must be lacerated in the debris of the Israeli air raids before we reject the obscene formula "collateral damage" and consider taking legal action for crimes against humanity? " In Beyrouth, Robert Fisk, journalist, The Independent, July 20, 2006

The French poet Charles Baudelaire had this merry expression: "The devil’s finest ruse is to persuade us that he does not exist." In the same vein, one could affirm that the most diabolic achievement of the plotters of today is to persuade us that plotters and plots do not exist.

The instrumentalisation of "the war against terrorism" has reached the epitome of lies, hypocrisy and intellectual and political terror. One should have perhaps paid more attention by the comments made by Ariel Sharon after the September 11th, 2001 attacks where he stated that Yasser Arafat was "[his] terrorist", indicating, in a curious premonition, that one day the Palestinians were going to pay the price for New York. A global strategy of confrontation has been unleashed first in Afghanistan, then in Iraq - with hundreds innocent civilians of the “collateral damages” - before the lightning rod would eventually strike the Palestinians in "the devastated territories."

It is common knowledge that the attack on South Lebanon by Israel had been in the works for a few months. The observers, as well as Hezbollah were aware of this. The latter anticipated the attack, hoping it would shift the conflict’s center of gravity. They did not expect, however the spinelessness of dictatorial Arab governments and their quiet complicity while hundreds of innocent civilians succumb under the weight of bombs. We knew it, though. The concept of an "innocent civilian " exists only marginally in the lexicon of Arab autocracies

One could have expected that the United Nations, the proclaimed voice of the wisdom of the nations, would intervene and put an end to the massacre. So many bad memories have reawakened. It was more than ten years ago in Srebrenica that the peace forces left those they were mandated to protect and whom they had disarmed beforehand. In Rwanda the United Nations forces came to protect and rescue the White people, "the foreigners", and once again left the Tutsis in the deadly hands of the Hutu. Two weeks ago, Lebanese families and civilians came seeking asylum in the headquarters of the United Nations forces run by Ghanaians. The Lebanese were denied protection. On the road to exile, a few hours later, Israeli bombs decimated a family of 27 people. Now, there is no guarantee that the UN can even protect themselves, judging from the recent bombing of a UN outpost in Southern Lebanon by Israeli forces. Five UN peacekeepers were killed, to the “deep sorrow” of the Israeli Prime Minister. This appeared to be the “unbearable scandal” while more than 350 innocent civilians have already been killed and the war continues. What is the role of the United Nations representatives? Who do they serve? Truly a shame, time after time.

Israel announced that it needed seven to ten days to conclude its operations. The G8 demanded a cease-fire; then, nothing except silence and embarrassment. By a fortunate coincidence and deadly scheduling, Condoleezza Rice announces her visit to the region, exactly ten days following precise details given by the Israeli Prime Minister. One might presume that Tel Aviv is in charge of the American Secretary of State’s agenda. The still need more time... here is, by accident, the green card sent to the Israeli government to carry on the massacre after the expected failure of the conference in Roma. At this point, it would be wrong not to quote Nicolas Sarkozy’s query, and its formulation, to the Israeli Minister of Integration who was on a special visit "to bless" both the French who decided to exile themselves to Israel and the valorous Israeli army: "How much time does the State of Israel require to complete the work?" (The World, July 20). To complete the work? To take innocent lives, to ransack a country? Judging by the graphic images that make their way to our television screens regarding the fatal consequences of "this work to finish", Sarkozy’s comments are much more shocking than the expressions "hooligans" or "rabble. Once again, what a shame. Yet, so few echoes in the media.

The Agence France Presse has just informed us that the United States have recently provided weapons to the Israelis of "precision guided bombs. " This, probably to avoid killing too many civilians. What compassion! As we are told, the United States and the United Kingdom believe that all these dead individuals are the victims of the necessary and imperative "war against terrorism". As a matter of fact, this war justifies anything and everything: State terrorism, murder, torture, abductions, liberticidal laws, and, in time, the criminalization of immigrants and applicants for asylum.

To those who observe without flinching to the horrors of the Middle-East, the iniquitous oppression of the Palestinians, the suffering of the Lebanese, to those who believe that it is sufficient to be neutral as a form of self-protection, to those who are not exposed to paralysis as are those "foreigners" whose respective countries protect and repatriate by the thousands while the "Lebanese" and the "Arabs" are left to their wretched destiny. To them it is necessary to forcefully convey that the madness or murderous complicity of the United States and their allies has, and will have, consequences which will not stop at the borders of their rich countries like one would stop immigrants and asylum seekers "from over there".

In our everyday lives, in our social peace, in our cordiality, in our safety, in our laws, in our rights, in our freedoms as in our lives, we will soon experience very concretely the consequences of our cowardice in the face of barbarity. The muteness of those who cannot denounce once again "official terrors” nor rise against so many injustices and such horrors is a shame. Undoubtedly, we will one day be invited, in one way or another, to the table of those who have scores to settle. Like so many others, we too will have to drink the substance of our dehumanized shame, resignation and passiveness.

I have been very contemplative these last few days. What is the use of "condemning the silence" of the international community vis-à-vis the continued oppression of the Palestinian people and the massacres perpetrated in Lebanon. How is that useful? Perhaps in order to give oneself the right, in the name of consistency, in being silent when the powerful of this world are toiling to "condemn" the consequences of their silence! Perhaps, there is some logic to that.

Or it is a simple question of dignity... we will refuse to stay silent and never cease resisting oppressors and murderers, be they rich or even "civilized"!

blackivy393

How can Zionists get away with murdering so many people? As a Palestinian it makes me so sad to read about the situation in Palestine..it's so sad to see some of the survivors of the Holocaust go on to put the Palestinians through another Genocide...Zionism is Racism, We can never give up on Palestine , it will never be a lost cause, it is a Noble cause to fight for, I truly believe one day Palestine will be free from the Zionists...If anyone want's to learn more about the situation in Palestine, Please visit my groups website www.newjerseysolidarity.org

but i think people need to differ between the israeli government and the jewish people; because stating the survivors of the holocaust is implying Jews have never been there; but there has always been some Jews in Israel. its the israeli goverment military people have a problem with

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
but i think people need to differ between the israeli government and the jewish people; because stating the survivors of the holocaust is implying Jews have never been there; but there has always been some Jews in Israel. its the israeli goverment military people have a problem with

You are right as here might be also Christian Zionists as here is Orthodox Jews as in Neturei Karta- organization whose believes that Palestine belongs only to Palestinians. Zionism is not religion at all, it is same as Nazism and same as Aparthaid in the South Africa. It is most racist system even to Jews themselves.

justoneofmillion

good evenning
You are right dear friend justice needs no name next to it it is neither Muslim nor jewish neither Christian nor boudist or hindou it is what it is pure and simple a god given sense of sincerity and responsibility ever present in each and everyone of us that is only asking to be lived seemingly so small to see and be recognized as such but it is the healing gift to humanity as a whole in this world we have to share

[yt]fhafWRf_jrw[/yt]
Jameel

onlooker100

:salam2: Can anyone imagine this type of crime being committed in any part of Europe where the army can go and kill civilians, in fact any where else other than Palestine? These crime will go unpunished because the Israelies believe they have divine right to kill the non-jews! On top of this we are not allowed to donate money for brothers and sisters in Palestine and their families who are being killed. I am almost speechless about the lack of voice from the muslim rulers in this situation, Has Allah left us without any resource to defend our brothers and sisters? enough said.. May Allah remove this humiliation from us and give strength to the brothers and sisters of Palestine and all the Muslims where ever they are. PS So much said for the UN which is standing by and enjoying the killing of the muslims!! I dont buy this c**p about not being able to get the AID through, so you allow the Killings to take place and then send the medicine to cure them!

onlooker100

:salam2:Can anyone imagine this type of crime being committed in any part of Europe where the army can go and kill civilians, in fact any where else other than Palestine? These crime will go unpunished because the Israelies believe they have divine right to kill the non-jews! On top of this we are not allowed to donate money for brothers and sisters in Palestine and their families who are being killed. I am almost speechless about the lack of voice from the muslim rulers in this situation, Has Allah left us without any resource to defend our brothers and sisters? enough said.. May Allah remove this humiliation from us and give strength to the brothers and sisters of Palestine and all the Muslims where ever they are. PS So much said for the UN which is standing by and enjoying the killing of the muslims!! I dont buy this c**p about not being able to get the AID through, so you allow the Killings to take place and then send the medicine to cure them!

dianne

I just being so mad when i looked at the pics,feel so sad,speechless coz i got nothing to do with them accept doa! How long can we wait? huh? How long can we wait? this kinda ppl really pissed our brother & sister in Palestine.
Ive been so emotional sometimes coz i can help nothing! Theyre not terrorist theyre juz a kids,women and weak old man who really needed for help!
I feel so sad! really! WHere is OIC? where is our ummah? If we compiled together im sure we will be a strong ummah!
Do something...i really need you guys,solat hajat...doa to Allah swt that our brother & sisters will be safe.enough food to eat,enough clothes to wear,comfortable to sleep.
May Allah remove this humiliation from us and give strength to them.amin!

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member

I recently got a text message reminder about the situation in Gaza, it was good one so I sent it to everyone on my phone contact list. The next time I saw some of those people at University the first thing they said was 'we need to do something in the way of action, are you with us?' and I said well yeh sure anything to raise awareness right? The point is, I sent it to majority muslims, and the ones who it affected the most, i.e. the ones who bothered to say anything about it and are taking the initiative at this very moment are not even muslim.

I'm begninning to get used to the fact that some muslims dont care at all about crimes against their brothers and sisters anywhere, not just Palestine :(